Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Trust (Planning) Issues

• Start Topic

Kenya loses her cool when Sanya insists she brings a plus one to Jamaica; Kandi and Todd don't see eye-to-eye on estate planning; Sanya's surprise birthday party for Shereé receives a mixed reception from her friends and reignites an old feud.

Airdate: 07/31/2022

• Love 1

Someone needs to help me decipher that Drew/Sheree exchange. Is there an Atlanta rosetta stone somewhere. Something about tomatoes.

Sanya hosted a pretty shitty party. Was it DanaPam levels? At least Kenya survived that dry ass food that almost killed her.

Kandi and Todd talk trusts. This is what your offering? 

And don't make that stupid dog bone a thing. Its not happening.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I really feel bad for Marlo when it comes to trying to step in and raise those boys.  It's hard enough when they're your own kids going through the teen years, but she's dealing with traumatized kids who aren't hers that are dealing with their mom being in jail and not having stability in their lives.  I can understand her breaking down.  I hope she follows through and gets them into counseling.  

I get bored whenever Todd and Kandi are on the screen.  Not interested in how they divide their millions.  Yawn!  

I don't like Sanya.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, nb360 said:

Sheree looked great in that pantsuit!

Yes she did, too bad she couldn't get a photo of herself wearing it, lol.

If this is Sanya's idea of a good party, (did that cake look basic or what?), I cannot wait to see the hotel, etc...in Jamaica.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

They tryin to get on Sanya because of the party decor. She didn't have to do nothing, but none of the other girls did anything for your birthday Shereé. So, for you and the others girl to be talking smack is super funny. 

Todd and Kandi are doing right by their kids. Yes Todd is a little bit more strict then Kandi but I do feel he would make sure all the kids are good, no doubt.

Marlo get over yourself. You can't parent or tell someone what to do with the boys when you kick them out. FYI you are known in ATL, Kandi is worldwide. Don't do it miss 60 year old(sayin Shereé is 60)Marlo.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

Todd and Kandi discussing the trust with the girls was foolish...do the trust, set guidelines for using the money and get a non partial party to handle the trust THEN talk to the kids about it.  Are they making trusts for the younger kids I hope?  There are many different types of trusts, Todd and Kandi are treating their conversation as if it is a will, I hope they have their wills up to date.

As far as Kandi's daughter goes maybe she can use some of the trust money to buy a personality.

8 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Someone needs to help me decipher that Drew/Sheree exchange. Is there an Atlanta rosetta stone somewhere. Something about tomatoes.

The tomato thing was strange, my first thought went to a long time ago, (like when Shakespeare was the new kid on the block), when performers were bad the audience would throw rotten tomatoes and other food at them, I guess Sheree was referencing that but it as usual came off strange and awkward.

Kenya gets all bent about Sanya telling her it is a couples trip (but Sheree and Marlo are also single) and hangs up on her, what Sanya should have said was "No children," because you know darn well Kenya will have her kid and a nanny in Jamaica.

My theory of why Kenya always has the kid and nanny in tow is because she is afraid Marc will find out she is gone and kidnap the kid.  I have never known a mother that did not want a bit of a break from their children, have you?

• Like 1
  • Love 7

For several seasons I really didn’t like Kenya but the others have become obnoxious enough to make me root for her this year. 
The estate planning talk was unnecessary. 
If the plus one could be a friend why wouldn’t Sanya say that on the phone? I’m betting Sherees plus one will be Fatum. 
Okay, I’m going to guess that Marlo kicking the boys out had more to do with her filming obligations and that her sister is getting paid to watch them if that’s really where they are. The whole counseling session with the smooth talking dude just seemed staged. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/26/2022 at 8:10 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 07/31/2022

Sanya is such a poor communicator, she should have started the conversation with Kenya by stating up front that's that it's a PLUS ONE TRIP you can bring anyone that you like.  Instead she started by stammering around about a couples trip ???  Drew , you need to relax girl.  Marlo keep praying for yourself and the boys, but girl you need to pray for a new attitude. Kandi , just lay out your trust for your kids and Todd the way you want things to go, no need for all of this crap.  This way you will have no concerns .

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, byrd said:

Sanya is such a poor communicator, she should have started the conversation with Kenya by stating up front that's that it's a PLUS ONE TRIP you can bring anyone that you like.  Instead she started by stammering around about a couples trip ???  Drew , you need to relax girl.  Marlo keep praying for yourself and the boys, but girl you need to pray for a new attitude. Kandi , just lay out your trust for your kids and Todd the way you want things to go, no need for all of this crap.  This way you will have no concerns .

I think Sanya did that on purpose to cause drama; she had made it clear to another cast member that they could bring a friend along rather than a partner, but when she spoke to Kenya she kept emphasizing "It's a couples trip." Then after Kenya hung up on her, she acted like she was going to be very mature and tell Kenya not to do that in the future. Sanya thinks the viewers are incredibly stupid. I don't necessarily dislike her, as I understand she wants to keep her job and could probably use the money, but she'll have to figure out how to be on a reality show. I would suggest to her to watch some other Housewives shows and see how they do it.  You can be messy but don't act like you're not; you aren't fooling anyone and it comes off as very condescending.

And I am feeling some sympathy for Marlo. I don't think she's a horrible person, actually. I felt like her meeting with the parenting coach was genuine. She has to learn to set limits with her nephews but still be kind, and learn to control her temper. Hell, count to 10, leave the room, take a deep breath, etc. Take anger management and learn more techniques, but don't go for the jugular every time someone upsets you. It's abusive behavior and she is unfortunately repeating the way her mom talked to her. I actually think she could get it under control if she gets counseling and learns to be more vulnerable and open to help. She does have a heart under there somewhere; it's just hidden behind a thick wall because maybe that's how she needed to be to survive. I also think that she says horrible things in the heat of the moment and then experiences shame afterwards, lowering her self-esteem and reinforcing the cycle, leading to more defensiveness, more lashing out, more shame, etc.

Edited by queta
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Boring.

Marlo is trash I’m not interested in any of her pathetic storylines with her traumatizing her nephews.

Sanya is such a bad addition to the cast. She’s just a try hard and it’s not fun to watch her fumble around trying to stir shit up. Not that excited to see Ross get all pissy next week either.

Ugh Riley shut up. I do not enjoy her.

• Love 14

Does anyone know where is Sanya's house?

So far she has been a lackluster addition. I don't see her retaining her peach.

Her husband is fine and he seems to be standing up for her in the previews.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, True Fan said:

Todd and Kandi are doing right by their kids. Yes Todd is a little bit more strict then Kandi but I do feel he would make sure all the kids are good, no doubt.

Sometimes I wonder if Todd is concerned about the kids getting entitled and that is why he is stricter about cash, cars, etc.

When Riley turned 17, she posted her CashApp on Instagram and asked people to "show her some love" by sending her birthday money.  Kandi, shared it on her Instagram also...

When there was fan backlash, Kandi excused it by saying all teenagers want money.  Which, yes, they do.  But not all teenagers come from the wealth that Riley does.

There was still backlash, so Kandi donated $500 to a fan.

Yeah.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Sometimes I wonder if Todd is concerned about the kids getting entitled and that is why he is stricter about cash, cars, etc.

When Riley turned 17, she posted her CashApp on Instagram and asked people to "show her some love" by sending her birthday money.  Kandi, shared it on her Instagram also...

When there was fan backlash, Kandi excused it by saying all teenagers want money.  Which, yes, they do.  But not all teenagers come from the wealth that Riley does.

Yeah.

I remember that stuff with Riley and the money on ig it was so gross. Her mother is a multimillionaire who spoils her so she must be a moron or an entitled jerk to be asking ppl for cash on ig. I still wonder how much she got. Her whole vibe is so unpleasant to me.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Yeah.

I agree. I think Todd is worried about them being entitled and not learning about working hard.

Todd gets a lot of criticism on how he spends Kandi’s money on he various business ventures, and he does seem to enjoyed the good life.

Prior to marrying Kandi, Todd really was a self made man and, like Kandi, was not born into privilege.

That might be where his concern lies (or I could be totally wrong).

This trust discussion. Kandi and Todd should have never had that conversation until the two of them compromised and came to a joint agreement. 
I feel like Kandi was trying to get the daughters on her side to “out vote” Todd. I love Kandi, but that is so wrong.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

Does anyone know where is Sanya's house?

So far she has been a lackluster addition. I don't see her retaining her peach.

Her husband is fine and he seems to be standing up for her in the previews.

I wondered too and so I google stalked and it said Kennesaw Mountain.  Where do the other women live? 

I liked Sanya at first, but now I think she is just a try hard. If I was Kenya, I would be mad too.  Sanya phrased it that way too get a reaction from Kenya and got mad at the reaction she got.  Phone hang up.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I wondered too and so I google stalked and it said Kennesaw Mountain.  Where do the other women live? 

I liked Sanya at first, but now I think she is just a try hard. If I was Kenya, I would be mad too.  Sanya phrased it that way too get a reaction from Kenya and got mad at the reaction she got.  Phone hang up.

Metro Atlanta is huge. Kennedy Mountain is in NW Metro Atlanta. A long commute from Atlanta itself. A lot of the housewives lived near me (North East suburbs) but I think the ones that are still on are near Atlanta proper.

My cousin lives in Roswell, and we don’t see each other often enough because it is a least 1 hour drive. Kennesaw would be an addition 20+  minutes.

Atlanta traffic is awful and it grew so fast, that there are not a lot of direct routes anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think Tawd's an asshole! He wants his daughter to struggle while he's living in luxury on Kandi's money. He got his little feelings hurt and walked away from the discussion. I hope Kandi is slipping a little help Kayla's way on the side.

Sanya said "I want to make this clear, this is a couples trip" that's when Kenya hung up, she did say bye though.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I think Tawd's an asshole! He wants his daughter to struggle while he's living in luxury on Kandi's money. He got his little feelings hurt and walked away from the discussion. I hope Kandi is slipping a little help Kayla's way on the side.

Sanya said "I want to make this clear, this is a couples trip" that's when Kenya hung up, she did say bye though.

Yes Sanya did, I just can't with her ! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, queta said:

I think Sanya did that on purpose to cause drama; she had made it clear to another cast member that they could bring a friend along rather than a partner, but when she spoke to Kenya she kept emphasizing "It's a couples trip." Then after Kenya hung up on her, she acted like she was going to be very mature and tell Kenya not to do that in the future. Sanya thinks the viewers are incredibly stupid. I don't necessarily dislike her, as I understand she wants to keep her job and could probably use the money, but she'll have to figure out how to be on a reality show. I would suggest to her to watch some other Housewives shows and see how they do it.  You can be messy but don't act like you're not; you aren't fooling anyone and it comes off as very condescending.

And I am feeling some sympathy for Marlo. I don't think she's a horrible person, actually. I felt like her meeting with the parenting coach was genuine. She has to learn to set limits with her nephews but still be kind, and learn to control her temper. Hell, count to 10, leave the room, take a deep breath, etc. Take anger management and learn more techniques, but don't go for the jugular every time someone upsets you. It's abusive behavior and she is unfortunately repeating the way her mom talked to her. I actually think she could get it under control if she gets counseling and learns to be more vulnerable and open to help. She does have a heart under there somewhere; it's just hidden behind a thick wall because maybe that's how she needed to be to survive. I also think that she says horrible things in the heat of the moment and then experiences shame afterwards, lowering her self-esteem and reinforcing the cycle, leading to more defensiveness, more lashing out, more shame, etc.

Very well stated: I so agree : I hope Marlo reads this, I believe this would help her more than the therapist ..

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dosodog said:

He doesn't want them to turn in to spoiled, entitled brats. Kandi on the other hand believes in spoiling. Her thoughts are tht she's got the money, so why not buy them luxury cars and pay their NYC apt rents? I think meeting somewhere in the middle would be nice. EX of Kandi's spoiling: why in hell should their boy have 2 parties? The first one was perfect and fun for the kids  but Noooo Kandi has to have the huge extravaganza over the weekend. So redunkulous. 

Having said that, the estate discussion should be between Kandi and Todd. When they die, the kids get what the parents saw fit to give them. Who ever dies first has to abide by the Will  they both agreed on. But....NOT for the kids to know now.  

These women are something.  There must have been no more than 10 of them at Sheree's party that Sanya was nice enought to throw for her yet they are bitching there was no bartender, the decor wasn't up to their standards and the food wasn't good enough. I could see if it was a big party but Wow! Bitches! Do ya really need a bartender for such a small group? I must not be bougie enough. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10

Sanya is a bad communicator and a bad party planner. She is not giving what she was supposed to gave.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The tomato thing was strange, my first thought went to a long time ago, (like when Shakespeare was the new kid on the block), when performers were bad the audience would throw rotten tomatoes and other food at them, I guess Sheree was referencing that but it as usual came off strange and awkward.

That's it exactly. It's a popular meme on Black Twitter and other social media to throw tomatoes at a wack post (I would guess Sheree was referencing this gif in particular but it fell flat like one of Drew's props.)

18 hours ago, Marley said:

I remember that stuff with Riley and the money on ig it was so gross. Her mother is a multimillionaire who spoils her so she must be a moron or an entitled jerk to be asking ppl for cash on ig. I still wonder how much she got. Her whole vibe is so unpleasant to me.

I remember Riley begging for birthday money on Instagram too. I never liked her, and that was the exact point that I stopped feeling bad about it.

I have a little sympathy for Marlo, and I give her some credit, because I'm not taking in anybody's kids, and she's apparently done it twice. But she deserves the criticism she's gotten too. Common sense would tell you a lot of this stuff that she seems to be just now figuring out, especially not to stick those tween/teen boys on TV with everything that's going on in their lives, not to ambush them with the promise of a call from their unpredictable, unstable mom, and not to just kick them out of their home all of a sudden because they're on your nerves. I hope they all wind up in therapy and stay there whether the kids end up going back to stay with Marlo or not.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8

Todd, as someone who led an adult "regular" life tends to be more pragmatic than Kandi - ie. the kids should always be thinking about how they are going to support themselves and get themselves to their goals. Kandi as someone who made it big young thinks more about "what do you want to do? - I got you". So, Todd would say "Kayla, you can live in the condo, but you have to get a job and pay for your cable, utilities, and your own spending money" where Kandi would say "Go stay in the apartment, we'll cover everything and give you an allowance every month". Riley gets salty because she knows Kandi would give her everything and she doesn't necessarily want to live the live of a striving adult, she wants the lifestyle she's grown accustomed to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Sheree - bless her heart - has so missed the opportunity with She by Sherree.

While I know it is difficult to figure out timelines, by anyone enterprising who was serious would have had product available to sell by the time the programs started airing. Evidently she is going to what appears to be a retail fabric store and buying small quantities of fabrics in order to theoretically produce some samples for a show - I guess if there are actual physical garments then it would be more than the original show when she just had drawings. 

And isn't the market flooded with exercise/leisure athletic type of stuff. I don't understand how this is "designed" unless you hold the patent for some kind of special wicking material or have really thought about features in a product that differentiate it from others in the market. I don't have any of the Skimms (or whatever that Kim Kardashian is selling) but based on the reviews they actually are filling a niche in the market place that is a bit unique. 

I also imagine that actually scaling up exercise clothing is quite expensive. As Kandi (I think it was Kandi) pointed out she could have made money by selling some of her best lines on t-shirts. Hell even a t-shirt with She By Sherree on the front would have sold and those are cheap to produce in relatively small quantity. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, amarante said:

While I know it is difficult to figure out timelines, by anyone enterprising who was serious would have had product available to sell by the time the programs started airing. Evidently she is going to what appears to be a retail fabric store and buying small quantities of fabrics in order to theoretically produce some samples for a show - I guess if there are actual physical garments then it would be more than the original show when she just had drawings. 

And isn't the market flooded with exercise/leisure athletic type of stuff. I don't understand how this is "designed" unless you hold the patent for some kind of special wicking material or have really thought about features in a product that differentiate it from others in the market. I don't have any of the Skimms (or whatever that Kim Kardashian is selling) but based on the reviews they actually are filling a niche in the market place that is a bit unique. 

I also imagine that actually scaling up exercise clothing is quite expensive. As Kandi (I think it was Kandi) pointed out she could have made money by selling some of her best lines on t-shirts. Hell even a t-shirt with She By Sherree on the front would have sold and those are cheap to produce in relatively small quantity. 

Yes, Kandi was 100% correct when she said Sheree has the biggest brand with no items. Everyone who has been watching this show over the seasons has known about She By Sheree for a decade now. Damn, I'd buy a t-shirt, a mug, an anything branded She By Sheree just because I have heard about it forever. I went over to her website a week or so ago assuming by now she would have things for sale. Nope. That NOTHING has been produced is freaking unbelievable. She has Kandi and Kenya to mentor her and still can't get anything done. I like Sheree, but girl is either destructively stubborn with not following advice, has a learning disability, or is profoundly lazy. I understand starting a business is tough, but go to Cafe Press and make some She By Sheree t-shirts or something. Do something, anything or shut the hell up about it and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

go to Cafe Press and make some She By Sheree t-shirts or something. Do something, anything or shut the hell up about it and move on. 

I use VistaPrint for my marketing needs... very affordable and there are usually good discounts on some items.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Yes, Kandi was 100% correct when she said Sheree has the biggest brand with no items. Everyone who has been watching this show over the seasons has known about She By Sheree for a decade now. Damn, I'd buy a t-shirt, a mug, an anything branded She By Sheree just because I have heard about it forever. I went over to her website a week or so ago assuming by now she would have things for sale. Nope. That NOTHING has been produced is freaking unbelievable. She has Kandi and Kenya to mentor her and still can't get anything done. I like Sheree, but girl is either destructively stubborn with not following advice, has a learning disability, or is profoundly lazy. I understand starting a business is tough, but go to Cafe Press and make some She By Sheree t-shirts or something. Do something, anything or shut the hell up about it and move on. 

Yeah agree hell I'll buy a damn pencil lmao. She do have two people right there to help and still nothing. I wish I had them two. I would've been pass go.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

So a couple of observations:

1) Sheree does not come from a background of entrepreneurs or even decidedly middle class folks. She clearly ran in those circles at an early enough age that she has been successful faking her way through life. She hooked up with Bob in her mid 20's and locked him down with a couple of kids fairly young, and I don't think she's even ever worked a "regular" job. So expecting her to understand how to build a business is a bit of a stretch.

2) Because she is nouveau riche, she wants to sell t-shirts that retail for $150 in some expensive ladies boutique, and not $25 t-shirts from Vista Print off her own Etsy site. She seemingly does not realize that those are the same damn shirts, just marketed differently. 

3) Sheree has never struck me as extremely (book) smart. She's got a fair amount of emotional IQ, which is why she's been able to move in circles with these women, but every once in a while she opens her mouth and something comes out which makes me go "oh, that's right, she's dumb". So no, she doesn't understand sales, taxes, inventory, or anything else, and she strikes me as having too much ego to say "I don't know anything about this, so can you please start at the beginning and explain everything to me in as simple terms as possible". I wouldn't exactly call her lazy, but she's so worried that she's going to tip her hand about being ignorant about things that she ends up not taking advantage of folks like Kandi and Kenya who could actually help guide her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Fuck around, Sheree needs to speak to the Countess. That bitch can keep marketing going for anything and all things "Countess". That woman had prayer candles with her face on them for crying out loud. WHY? Because she's a Housewives gimmick and there is no shame in her game and she will capitalize on however long someone wants a product saying "Even Louis Vutton makes mistakes" or buys a ticket to hear her frog through "Money doesn't buy you class" and holding an inpromptu book signing for "Class with the Countess" right before the show. People like to hate on Luann and really try to push the narrative that she's sooooo "delusional" when in reality Luann isn't. She understands she is the product and she has every right to hold that with high regard. She's never claimed to be Beyonce' however what she will double down on is that she's created a demand for her brand and she is going to ride it til the wheels fall off. Good for her. Sheree needs to take a page out of Luanns book and run with She by Sheree as a gimmick and give up the falsehood of there being an actual line of clothes. Go with what works and use what ya got. In Sheree's case she's got a catch phrase that will get her started. After that, keep Luann's number on speed dial so she can get points on how to continue to breath life into the very touch and go flashes of opportunity that come with the brand. Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8

Considering how Sheree bungled marketing her original catchphrase ("Who gon' check me, boo?"), why are we expecting more from her now, since she never seems to learn from her mistakes?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Considering how Sheree bungled marketing her original catchphrase ("Who gon' check me, boo?"), why are we expecting more from her now, since she never seems to learn from her mistakes?

Yes, I would buy a T-shirt and perhaps a sticker (for my laptop) with this phrase.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Kandi was shocked (along the other women) to hear that Marlo kicked the boys out of her house. She took at least two young relatives in her house, and even a fiance's kids after he died. 

Why is Marlo seeking sympathy for abandoning her nephews?

Sanya is boring, and her storyline is to attack Drew. She has a reason to do it though. They have competing businesses.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, amarante said:

ITA 100%!!!  I think Sheree's REAL problem is that she doesn't want to do the WORK involved in starting, designing, selling, marketing, manufacturing, tax liabilities, ad naseum with the business stuff.  She doesn't want to do all that stuff.  I get the impression the best and ONLY thing Sheree has going for her is the moniker "She by Sheree".........

And if she needs some remedial business information, I'm positive Atlanta has some pretty good business advisors but they're gonna want a paycheck.  How can Sheree keep on doing this?? 

I see this in the same way I saw  Sonja Morgan and her toaster oven.  Just some bullshit.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 4