Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Liberty and Justice For All

• Start Topic

(edited)

As a self-proclaimed cat lady, Leo would have worn on my nerves during that challenge.  For the question about Catwoman, my first guess was Halle Berry, and then I kicked myself that I didn’t remember Michelle Pfeiffer.  Superhero movies aren’t really my thing, but I love the first two Batman ones.  I did laugh at Derek’s comment that Kyland would know what size shoe the actress was wearing because he’s such a movie buff.  I have a cousin who is one of those people who knows all these totally random facts that you weren’t dying to know about when it comes to movies.

I forgot David was on this show.

Tyson needed to butt out of the decision making process.  Angela was more rational.  But I’m so sick of Survivor Strong and Big Brother Strong that I’m rooting for someone from Love Island to win (or Cayla).  Oh, and I was not sorry to lose Xavier or Shan.  I did appreciate how everyone seemed blindsided by the decision.  Hope the penalties were worth it, and Xavier sure seemed gracious in defeat (I think I'll go back and watch that again).

Edited by LadyChatts

Xavier calling the others petty?   And earlier he didn’t understand why Alyssa couldn’t let go of his backstabbing….after all, he did?   And then there is Shan calling Alyssa dumb for successfully getting rid of her and X?   Loved Shan’s expression when her name was called for elimination.   

Also, Dom is stupid.  

• Like 2
  • Love 9

I don’t know if I’m following Azah on Twitter, but if not I will to see if Xavier left the group chat.

Xavier should have been wearing that tank top the entire time.  Hubba hubba.

Alyssa you didn’t do shit.  Yeah you nominated X, but fine as hell David and his partner Justine sent him packing.  And hey Shan?  Alyssa was thinking “hey if Shan goes that’s one fewer strong player”.

• Love 2
Just now, AntFTW said:

I liked the trivia challenge. That was fun to watch.

The dude at the end was really in his feelings.

I loved the happiness when TJ announced the competition was trivia.   Clearly they never watched the Challenge.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, DEL901 said:

I loved the happiness when TJ announced the competition was trivia.   Clearly they never watched the Challenge.

His laughing is always hilarious. Cashay's utter terror on her face was hilarious also. Danny guessing the hockey question, hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I have been waiting for the show all week! I was so excited to see it was going to be Trivia. And then to get Xavier and Shan booted off the show? Double the pleasure! I have never in my life heard a so-called pastor say such nasty things. Man, she and X were two Bitter Bettys. Buh-bye

• Love 18
Just now, AntFTW said:

His laughing is always hilarious. Cashay's utter terror on her face was hilarious also. Danny guessing the hockey question, hilarious.

I especially love when TJ was like 'but your an athlete!' and Danny was trying to run through Pittsburgh teams.  And then he was all 'well, Pittsburgh always does good.'

• Love 3

This was my favorite episode so far. I actually felt something while watching it. I actually enjoyed watching the challenge because I always love the trivia challenges and they always design the rig for maximum hilariousness.

• Love 5

Okay, so in hindsight it wouldn't have been terrible to have Xavier stick around.  He likely would have been even more bitter in victory than defeat, which might have made it interesting.  Oh well, still not too sad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, so in hindsight it wouldn't have been terrible to have Xavier stick around.  He likely would have been even more bitter in victory than defeat, which might have made it interesting.  Oh well, still not too sad.

My question is would they have let us see it?

I'm not sure that was a good move for Team Big Brother. Xavier was one of the best competitors on his team and I doubt he would have made a move on them until the end. On the other hand, they did also take out a number from Survivor, so that limits the damage.

I didn't mind Shan on Survivor, but she was completely insufferable on this show and I was glad to see her go. I'm not sure why all her vitriol went toward Alyssa, while she seemed to spare Kyland.

Why am I still watching? I'm not feeling invested. I don't know anyone from Big Brother and Love Island, and I recognize only a few people from Survivor. After reading a review of Snake In The Grass, I figure that's more compelling that Challenge USA. I didn't care about Xavier and "The Shanthem" kept going over my head, so both of them going out doesn't make me as giddy as most people. My biggest takeaway is that Dom is a fucking idiot.

Seriously . . . a shark isn't an animal because it's a fish. Someone thought that. An adult human being actually thought that. I don't think Dom made that up for the camera.

Also: Trivia is played out . . . mostly because TJ's laughter is so tired, it's practically comatose. It's so forced. I can believe in that when he's quizzing the regular dopes on The Challenge, but it's like he knows he has to do it because he thinks people want it.

Hey, Sarah? Where was YOUR answer to who played Catwoman? Why was it all Derek's fault?

Is Xavier that big of a hater and/or sore loser?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I haven’t been able to rewatch the ‘winner’s round’ but I think they missed New Years, Juneteenth, and Veterans Day on the federal holidays. If I’m right and Ben went out not knowing Veterans Day, I’m gonna laugh again. 

What ‘N’ state was missing?

I liked the elimination with the penalty for breaking the wrong glass. Don’t know if that sent Xavier and Shan home, but it probably helped.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, hjmugillecuty said:

What ‘N’ state was missing?

New Jersey

11 hours ago, hjmugillecuty said:

I haven’t been able to rewatch the ‘winner’s round’ but I think they missed New Years, Juneteenth, and Veterans Day on the federal holidays. If I’m right and Ben went out not knowing Veterans Day, I’m gonna laugh again. 

I got New Years and Juneteenth, along with the others the cast got right. The only one I forgot was Veterans Day.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

My question is would they have let us see it?

Good point, although I guess we'll find out next week.  Xavier and Shan might be gone, but judging from some of the reactions I have a feeling Kyland and Alyssa put a target on their backs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why was Sarah such an asshole about Derek? She’s over a decade older than him, and nothing was stopping her from answering the Catwoman question. And Derek isn’t dumb, but would she have tried stereotyping him as smart if he didn’t wear glasses and wasn’t Asian? Also, not knowing who played Catwoman doesn’t make someone dumb.  

I wasn’t the biggest Xavier fan on BB and thought Alyssa was underrated on BB, but I agree with X that this was a dumb move on her end. X wasn’t likely coming for Alyssa anytime soon. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 10
(edited)
17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Xavier calling the others petty?   And earlier he didn’t understand why Alyssa couldn’t let go of his backstabbing….after all, he did?   And then there is Shan calling Alyssa dumb for successfully getting rid of her and X?   Loved Shan’s expression when her name was called for elimination.   

Also, Dom is stupid.  

You can say what you want. Alyssa was being petty but also short sighted. I'm not even saying I necessarily blame her wanting some sort of revenge but this is a different game. You need all the numbers you can get. X was never coming for her this time around. He truly does care about her but there was a bigger goal in mind on big brother. At least use him and them throw him away. She also threw him in with one of the weakest players out there. She got lucky.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1

I didn't really feel the one missed answer and you're out setup for the trivia challenge.

And the questions were Family Feud style questions where you list things.

I don't think Alyssa and Kyland thought through all the possible teams they could throw in.  So they only thought of maybe two teams?

And these interviews are mainly for show but it seems like they were looking for approvals from other teams, which they were only too happy to do since they were not being thrown in.

The elimination was just ok in design, smash through and retrieve puzzles.  Certain arrogance in Xavier thing all those penalties because the girl can't keep up.  But those 40 seconds they yielded to the other team was fatal.

Probably still emotional after being picked so they didn't approach the elimination correctly.

So, so, so happy to see Shan go.  I loathed her on Survivor and I enjoyed seeing her comeuppance here.  I'm not invested in many of these people.  I love Amazing Race but I think with only 3 players to start, they were severely handicapped.  And I love SOME of the Survivors.  So I'm not too invested in this though I absolutely adore the sheer joy TJ gets during the Trivia eliminations.

Buh, Bye Shan.  

• Love 12

Wow Xavier at the end didn't make himself look any better, or when he was pleading his case by threatening them basically not to put him up because he's come after them. It was a game move. He should understand that. He was petty, hostile and rude. I actually forgot he and Kyland had that BB house fight until Xavier started acting like he did.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, aghst said:

I didn't really feel the one missed answer and you're out setup for the trivia challenge.

One thing I did like about this one is that there is no sabotage component in it.

As much as I like every opportunity for the cast to say names and make drama, I never really cared for it in trivia challenges, where people can be out of the game without actually answering anything and it’s just a numbers game of alliances.

7 hours ago, aghst said:

What would have happened if they got all the questions right (ie named the first ten presidents).  Would whoever went 11th just drop or would they go on to another question?

Anyone else find it sad that they were able to name more signs of the zodiac than presidents?

• Useful 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

What would have happened if they got all the questions right (ie named the first ten presidents).  Would whoever went 11th just drop or would they go on to another question?

Anyone else find it sad that they were able to name more signs of the zodiac than presidents?

1. They would've went to the next question. I think that's happened at least once with that format on the "regular" edition.

2. I think it's a crapshoot once you get past John Quincy Adams. The only president I know after him that was in the first ten that wasn't brought up was Martin Van Buren. He was the eighth president  and I know that from one episode of Seinfeld.  I think Andrew Jackdon is in there as well,  but I'd have to look him up.

Edited by Lantern7

I am actually glad that Shan and Xavier are gone. Sure, Xavier is "over" what happened on Big Brother as he was the "user" and won the game (and, yes, I understand that the goal of all of these shows is to win, but one can do so without deeply hurting other people).  The fact that he thinks he had to get "over" anything is laughable.  I never cared for Shan on Survivor (and just like Xavier she would use people until she no longer needed them and then happily vote them out).  I think other competitors will be glad that they are gone.  But, they seemed pretty bitter-and I enjoyed seeing it.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

1. They would've went to the next question. I think that's happened at least once with that format on the "regular" edition.

Yes, I believe they would have just went to the next question.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

2. I think it's a crapshoot once you get past John Quincy Adams. The only president I know after him that was in the first ten that wasn't brought up was Martin Van Buren. He was the eighth president  and I know that from one episode of Seinfeld.  I think Andrew Jackdon is in there as well,  but I'd have to look him up.

I agree. After John Quincy Adams, my mind goes bank LOL

I can name most presidents, but I can't name them all in order. If it's not the first 6, Lincoln, and any president from Jimmy Carter and after, I couldn't tell you what order they're in.

I'm just looking it up now that Jackson is #7, and I guess I know the first 7 now 🤣

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, AntFTW said:

His laughing is always hilarious. 

Gah, it started to creep me out!  Like he was some 80’s cartoon villain.  And this was after I described last week’s Arena challenge as a “a Bond villain death trap in reverse.”

(Reminder I have never seen any other version of this show.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I got New Years and Juneteenth, along with the others the cast got right. The only one I forgot was Veterans Day.

I was only paying half attention while watching...did they get Thanksgiving?  As soon as that round was over, that was the first federal holiday that sprang to my mind that I didn't remember hearing.  (But, again, I was multitasking.)

16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Xavier calling the others petty?   And earlier he didn’t understand why Alyssa couldn’t let go of his backstabbing….after all, he did? 

It's the same attitude that Tiffany had.  This is a game.  What did they expect from Alyssa (and DX) after the Cookout? 

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Dom is dumb.

He argued with (insert woman's name here) over whether a shark was an animal, and whether fish are animals 😂😂🤣😂

It's this type of stupidity that I find hilarious and is why I watch.

-

-

-

What about the tradable currency question?

My only three answers to that question are the US dollar, the Euro, and the British pound.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I'm incredibly thankful to this forum, because it's the only reason I'm learning these people's names. Xavier is the guy that went home that had the hissy fit at the end. Ok, now I got that. I believe he said he won his previous show.

He back-stabbed some people on whatever show they were on before and he won. He made a comment like "I've been over that" or "I got over it and they didn't" or something like that. All I could think in response is "...well duh, you won. Of course you're over it. Winning a pile of money makes these thing much easier to get over."

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3

I think Alyssa and Kyland went after Xavier too soon.  He would have helped them get further in the game.  Didn't Xavier help Alyssa stay over Tiffany in that earlier episode?  I think they showed the rest of the group that they can't really be trusted even with their own BB people.  Poor David is so forgettable.  I am happy Shan is gone.  I really disliked her on Survivor.  Xavier is a sore loser.  Part of me wanted him to stay and go after Kyland who I also don't like.  But getting out Shan was worth it.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

What about the tradable currency question?

My only three answers to that question are the US dollar, the Euro, and the British pound.

I’d add the Japanese Yen and maybe the Chinese currency.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, kaygeeret said:

Are there any TAR players left?

I am really not invested - I didn't even watch after about 20 minutes or so.

Almost done depending on Tyler and TAR players.

Leo and Kayla.   James is the only TAR player out so far.  

• Thanks 1
(edited)

The Challenge usually throws little bits and drops some clues in the beginning of the episode so that you can guess who is going into elimination at the end.

When Shan says to her partner in the beginning that he is the best insurance (or whatever word she used) she has because he's with BB and she is the same for him because she's with Survivor and the Survivor people and the BB people are sticking strong with their previous show alliances, that is a good sign they are not sticking strong and they are likely going into elimination. When Cashay says to her Love Island group that the BB people are BB strong, that's a set up because they're gonna show us later that they are not BB strong. They kept hitting that "BB strong" note.

When the episode starts with people saying they're in a good spot, we usually find out later in the episode that they are not in a good spot, and this episode did not stray from that formula at all.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

I’m still watching, obviously, but this show is so boring compared to the MTV challenge. I don’t understand why there’s no voting whatsoever! All of this jockeying for favor and conversations about who’s going to be chosen seems pointless when only two people have to go on the record for who they want out. I’m sure there are factions behind the scenes (beyond “Survivor Strong” etc) but none of that actually comes out of the woodwork the way that the show is set up. The actual challenges are relatively fun to watch but the politicking in between is so boring. 

Also, I though Shan and X’s strategy of just taking the penalty was dumb from the start. At least have her try smashing her first glass and get a feel for whether it would take 5 extra seconds or not. They only completed the first part of the challenge about 15 seconds faster than the other team, right? (Also, when filming obviously TPTB paused the challenge, had the players take off their helmets/gloves and told them the penalty time, and then restarted, right?) 

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t think Shan had any say in the strategy.  X was pissed and wanted to break stuff.  Without the penalties, they likely would have won.  

I don’t think she did either.

It seems like Xavier wanted to hurry and smash through the glass and thought they would win, even with the penalties.

(edited)
On 7/28/2022 at 2:34 PM, AntFTW said:

He argued with (insert woman's name here) over whether a shark was an animal, and whether fish are animals 😂😂🤣😂

It's this type of stupidity that I find hilarious and is why I watch.

I keep going back to this scene because it just cracks me up.

What cracks me up even more is that TJ just sits there and lets them have this stupid little argument between the teams about whether a great white shark is an animal, rather than just immediately telling if they have the answer correct and dropping them 😂

Edited by AntFTW

I’m enjoying the show especially since I’ve watched all four shows and know the contestants.

I'm glad X and Tiffany have been booted.  Can’t blame Alyssa , they were used the whole time by X and Tiff so it is pretty sweet to see them go bye bye early.  Shortsighted as far as future gameplay probably. 

• Love 2
On 7/27/2022 at 10:10 PM, Runningwild said:

I have never in my life heard a so-called pastor say such nasty things.

I called that out too as I was watching.   She's insufferable.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:20 PM, Lantern7 said:

Why am I still watching? I'm not feeling invested. I don't know anyone from Big Brother and Love Island, and I recognize only a few people from Survivor.

Same.

TJ's laughter is so tired, it's practically comatose. It's so forced. I can believe in that when he's quizzing the regular dopes on The Challenge, but it's like he knows he has to do it because he thinks people want it.

It was a little too loud, a little too hollow.  Some of his "evil" expressions also made me wonder if he practices in his bathroom mirror.

Hey, Sarah? Where was YOUR answer to who played Catwoman?

For just a second I thought you were addressing Sarah Rice, who "LOVES" trivia.   I was disappointed the Catwoman question was terminated so early.   I wanted to see if anyone would remember Lee Meriwether (Batman the Movie, 1966).

Finally, I call bullshit on David's remark that Justine has a stronger resume than "people who have been playing the Challenge for 20 years."   I don't care how pumped up you feel, you don't disrespect the main show or its veteran players.

• Love 1