Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/18/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Lindsey seems to be getting her minutes in today.  I wonder if she is being encouraged to push the envelope.  If so, I am not interested. 

Meanwhile I have read on the nets that Alyssa is probably(?) the final choice.   I don't know if this is a leak to gauge reaction or just wishful thinking by her PR people.

5 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Another thing that Nutmeg said that relates to today's show was about climate control.  Remember when she was so astounded that people even cared about it?  She said it was about #10 on her list of things to care about.  How much do you wanna bet that she's bitching to Ben about how hot it is!💥

Meghan must have been astounded because she has more serious stuff on her plate, like her boobies being too big for Victoria's Secret and the horrors of having to possibly online shop for a crib. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan must have been astounded because she has more serious stuff on her plate, like her boobies being too big for Victoria's Secret and the horrors of having to possibly online shop for a crib. 

OMG!  I forgot about the crib tragedy of 2020!  That was the worst thing that happened that year.  Other than that, nothing much happened.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I think Joy is incorrect - changing your mind on / voting for a particular issue because it affects you or someone close to you is not a specifically Republican characteristic; it is human nature. Many people of all political persuasions do not focus on issues that have no personal relevance to them. Once they become aware because it is "personalized" for them, they will pay closer attention. Sometimes a person may be able to empathize with a situation that is NOT in their experience or related to anyone they know, but I suspect that many people are more concerned with whatever is "close to home" for them. Joy is ready to attribute any negative or lazy behavior to "Republicans" but she doesn't seem to view "Democrats" with the same scrutiny. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

I don't agree with Whoopi a lot but I think that she hit it when she said "They're all our guys" meaning that whatever party the person identifies with, they should represent the positions of the people in their constituency, not what the party heads tell them to do.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't connect the name listed for today with The Great British Baking Show. That was a better fluff interview than usual, at least. Boring show though other than Joy telling the other ladies (sans Whoopi), "I'll pray for you," when they were talking about monogamy. 😂

You mean Paul Hollywood?  He’s the main judge…been there from the start.  I think he’s the only original one left of the “hosts” and judges. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

No, Whoopi, Thomas did not bring up Loving. Bullying Sunny will not make it so.

I guess Joy just answered for me why JLo and Ben bothered to get married.

I’m with Sara that Dems backing extreme Magas is incredibly risky, especially(Sunny) because of voter suppression.  If you bet wrong things will only get worse.

That video of the little girls at Sesame Place makes me so sad. Their little faces looked so shocked and disappointed. 

I’d like more info on the sesame place incidents.  From what I’ve read, now and before all this happened, these characters have extremely limited sight and lack of mobility.  If it’s straight out racism, then they need to be fired and everyone retrained.  But I’d like more info first.  For example, the little girl who was knocked over.. I’m not so sure that was intentional. Looked more like the costume is unwieldy and they couldn’t stop quickly enough.  It would be interesting to have someone try the costume on to see exactly what they can and can’t see when they’re in it.  

• Love 4

Whoopi, are you sure that the Democrats "couldn't get it done" rather than "didn't make much effort" WRT codifying abortion rights? It may be that the party in power at the time had other priorities and felt (wrongly as it turns out) that having Roe v. Wade in place was enough. 

It reminds me of my work in software development - there are always some bugs that don't quite meet the bar to be fixed before a product release, and all the teams say that they will be addressed in the update or next version, but somehow, there is always something more important that takes priority and those annoying little bugs stay in place for years. (No, I'm not bitter).

• Like 3
(edited)

Maryland is not a purple state, as they kept repeating. It is a very blue state. It was unusual that Republican Hogan was elected governor, but he was quite a moderate who was popular with quite a few Democrats. I agree with Sara that the Democrat party is playing with fire by donating to radical Republican candidates, but the Democratic leadership is obviously desperate to use any tactic they can to keep Republicans out of power, so I hope it works.

If Lindsey is chosen as a co host, I won't be watching very often. Maybe she is fine on The Blast, which I've never seen, but she seems nervous and not very well informed enough for The View.

Edited by Kenz
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Kenz said:

If Lindsey is chosen as a co host, I won't be watching very often. Maybe she is fine on The Blast, which I've never seen, but she seems <snip> not very well informed enough for The View.

The bolded, right there, is how she comes off. Just as she was ignorant about Watergate and Nixon's impeachment, it's the same for more recent things.

And then there's THIS:

9 hours ago, Kenz said:

Maryland is not a purple state, as they kept repeating. It is a very blue state. 

Seriously.

• Love 8

Joy got her SCOTUS justices mixed up when talking about McConnell and his shady behavior. She said RBG when referring to the seat he held up which eventually went to Gorsuch.  It was Scalia dying that opened up that seat. But she was right that McConnell stealing that seat and then doing the exact opposite of what he said was the reason for that when he allowed RBG's seat to be filled a month before the 2020 election.

9 hours ago, Kenz said:

Maryland is not a purple state

I heard them say that and I thought how do you not know this isn't true? 

9 hours ago, Kenz said:

but she seems nervous and not very well informed enough for The View.

38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just as she was ignorant about Watergate and Nixon's impeachment, it's the same for more recent things.

She is someone who much like Meghan doesn't like to concede that she doesn't know something.   On one of her visits she kept repeating that Biden could do something by executive order and even after being told no he cannot she kept saying it.  She gives lip service to mildly condemning some things that have happened but every once in awhile the mask slips and she will say something that tells me she is quietly cheering some things.  I don't like her and if she is hired it's going to be hard to keep watching.  She will be another Meghan monopolizing the conversation and interrupting everyone.  

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she’s really scraping the barrel with her what aboutisms.

She cannot have a thoughtful and rational debate. She might not scream like Meghan but her arguments are always weak and she will use examples that have nothing to do with the topic at  hand.  I don't remember the word salad she said yesterday but I remember thinking WTF is she talking about.

• Love 6
(edited)

Joy, sure, it took 3 years to investigate Watergate, but this justice dept does not have 3 years. They have to wrap things up by the next election.

Oh, Sunny. Your 15yo and especially your 19yo in college don’t need you telling them about sex. It’s way too late, dear. Like before middle school, whatever you choose to deny.

It does not surprise me that Sunny sleeps with her adult son. Sorry, that is gross. (And won’t his friends have fun with this fact?)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sunny always makes her kids sound like freaks.  19 and 16 year olds never having done anything sexual?  Sure, Mom.  Were you ever 16 or 19?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Sunny has a favorite child and it’s not her daughter.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny always makes her kids sound like freaks.  19 and 16 year olds never having done anything sexual?  Sure, Mom.  Were you ever 16 or 19?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Sunny has a favorite child and it’s not her daughter.

There are some really innocent teenagers out there. I was one of them. I also had some friends much older than Sunny's kids who'd never done anything sexual. It can be a combination of being sheltered, dealing with anxiety, religion, just not being very sexual, varies a lot teen to teen. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

There are some really innocent teenagers out there. I was one of them. I also had some friends much older than Sunny's kids who'd never done anything sexual. It can be a combination of being sheltered, dealing with anxiety, religion, just not being very sexual, varies a lot teen to teen. 

You’re right but it’s hard to believe they both would be completely innocent.  But, I was a real horned toad, so, what do I know.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

It does not surprise me that Sunny sleeps with her adult son.

Oh no she didn't say that on live TV did she?  What is wrong with her?  

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I have always thought that.

25 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You’re right but it’s hard to believe they both would be completely innocent.  But, I was a real horned toad, so, what do I know.

I read that teens today are having less sex than previous generations of teens.  With that being said I do not believe Gabriel is not getting any action. He is a good looking guy away at college.  I mean come on.

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy, sure, it took 3 years to investigate Watergate, but this justice dept does not have 3 years. They have to wrap things up by the next election.

A few months after the break-in at the Watergate, Nixon was re-elected. However, putting all the pieces together took the next few years. One thing that made that case was that all the evidence was checked and rechecked, and more than one source was used to verify everything.  If any investigation now is going to succeed, it needs to be as meticulously done or it will just be a hollow exercise. 

• Love 2

It does not surprise me that Sunny sleeps with her adult son. Sorry, that is gross. (And won’t his friends have fun with this fact?)

Doesn't Sunny realize that her cute little anecdotes about her kids will get back to them and maybe not in a kind way? I wonder if the emphasis on sharing everything is going to result in a situation where no one does anything authentic or spontaneous anymore, either because they want to appear great in shared media OR they want to avoid being shared, so they build a shell around their feelings and behavior.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

And she said her son will ask to get in the bed to talk and hang out.  I don't think she indicated that they sleep in the same bed.   I'd imagine Manny might not want to share a bed with a grown man either.   

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I took the conversation differently.  Sunny was doing her whole squirmy silly schtick she does when talking about sex and talked about being a repressed Catholic.   But to me it sounds like she agreed that parents should talk to kids about sex.  And that she does, even though it makes her uncomfortable.   She never said her kids were not doing anything sexual.   I think she's spoken before about her son talking to her about sex, and while she's glad he does, she hates having the discussion.      

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

(And won’t his friends have fun with this fact?)

I was thinking about the Peer Factor when they replayed Alicia Silverstone's comment about that. Middle Schoolers can be really cruel, and Alicia might be giving them unnecessary ammunition. Gabriel isn't in middle school, but I can't imagine that he would be thrilled by the way Sunny frames their relationship on this show. She sounds like Marie Barone at times.

6 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I read that teens today are having less sex than previous generations of teens.  With that being said I do not believe Gabriel is not getting any action. He is a good looking guy away at college.  I mean come on.

At the very least, he's seems smart enough to not tell Sunny if he was sleeping with someone.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I was thinking about the Peer Factor when they replayed Alicia Silverstone's comment about that. Middle Schoolers can be really cruel, and Alicia might be giving them unnecessary ammunition. Gabriel isn't in middle school, but I can't imagine that he would be thrilled by the way Sunny frames their relationship on this show. She sounds like Marie Barone at times.

At the very least, he's seems smart enough to not tell Sunny if he was sleeping with someone.

Agree. Middle schoolers can be some of the most evil creatures on earth. While Sunny and Alicia aren't Sherri level bad with oversharing, I can see kids' their peers making fun of them due to some of the stuff their mothers say too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 3:51 PM, Rainyhawk said:

You mean Paul Hollywood?  He’s the main judge…been there from the start.  I think he’s the only original one left of the “hosts” and judges. 

Shows I only watch in passing like cooking shows, I rarely remember the names of the hosts / judges after I turn them off. However, I actually *do* remember Mary Berry from the same show just because I liked her a great deal.

I still had Tuesday's show on DVR and skimmed over it before deleting this morning. Everyone looked great on yesterday's show, which seldom happens with all of them at the same time. The hair, makeup, and outfits were all great, imo.

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

While Sunny and Alicia aren't Sherri level bad with oversharing, I can see kids' their peers making fun of them due to some of the stuff their mothers say too. 

"Independent" Paloma probably won't tell Sunny anything and I doubt Gabriel tells her everything since she is so squeamish about sex.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That video of Hawley is hilarious.

Especially when people add soundtracks to the clip on Twitter. I think the most appropriate one is Benny Hill or the "That's All Folks" Looney Tunes Theme.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I really don't mean to nitpick, but Lindsey just sounded worse yesterday-even more congested. I hope it's just allergies or a very bad cold, and that it won't turn out that Sunny will be out next week. Since she was the one sitting closest to her.

If it was a cold, she shoulda stayed home.

Please tell me she's not there today.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please tell me she's not there today.

She is, unfortunately. I agree about her sounding congested, but her voice has sort of always sounded that way to me? I hope she doesn't have anything though.

Lindsey hasn't been as bad this week as in the past--that's a low bar, admittedly--but you know she's just playing nice to get the job the way most of them are.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Especially when people add soundtracks to the clip on Twitter. I think the most appropriate one is Benny Hill or the "That's All Folks" Looney Tunes Theme.

How about the fiddle solo in "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"? Heh. The memes coming out about this are truly inspired - and hilarious. 😂

Getting back to Sunny and her, ahem, oversharing, wasn't Gabe on the show not long ago saying he wished his mom wouldn't talk about him so much? I think it was the pretaped Mother's Day tribute from a couple of months ago. Read Sunny's memoir sometime and see how she landed Manny. She definitely "wears the pants" in that family. 😬

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Getting back to Sunny and her, ahem, oversharing, wasn't Gabe on the show not long ago saying he wished his mom wouldn't talk about him so much? I think it was the pretaped Mother's Day tribute from a couple of months ago. 

He did say his mom was the love of his life.

Didnt see the show today but saw the Hawley video last night. You can’t tell me that wasn’t deliberately done to embarrass him. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I did say his mom was the love of his life.

Didnt see the show today but saw the Hawley video last night. You can’t tell me that wasn’t deliberately done to embarrass him. 

he deliberately ran away, so they just captured it like they did everything else

works for me

• Applause 3
  • Love 4

I see that Meghan's old hairstylist is taking out her angst on Sarah now. The wet slicked back hair as a look looks bad on everybody. If the daytime emmys gave an award to stylists who make attractive women look like shit, The View would sweep the category.

53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I did say his mom was the love of his life.

He has no sense of shame or embarrasment so he will carry on with his SS antics. It was deliberately shown-yes-to show what a coward and instigator he is. It was beautiful and righteous and then Twitter did the Lord's work. LOL I hope he never escapes this video.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Oh, it totally was. They played that clip more than once, with Hawley spotlighted. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Also-he deliberately embarrassed himself by supporting and encouraging an insurrection and also, you know, just existing as the despicable human being that he is. I hope this video is embedded into future American History courses---complete with all the different songs Twitter users used so that future students can laugh and laugh at his dumb chicken ass.

• Fire 1
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also-he deliberately embarrassed himself by supporting and encouraging an insurrection and also, you know, just existing as the despicable human being that he is. I hope this video is embedded into future American History courses---complete with all the different songs Twitter users used so that future students can laugh and laugh at his dumb chicken ass.

My personal favorite was the theme from Chariots of Fire. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1