Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E03: Power of Veto #1

Message added by Pop Tart,

Please remember: NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

Is that Derek's costume (Lord of the Latrine) that Kyle is wearing?

Cool, a new type of challenge!

Now Kyle is sounding like Hans and Franz.

I wonder if the Have Nots had any of the banquet fare.

• LOL 1

The floppy lance reminds me of the Survivor challenge where they have to tie pieces of wood together to make a long stick and then get keys off of a nail with the long stick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Daniel looks much better with this hair covered up by that silver mesh. (Looks like something you'd pick up in the hardware store.)

Yay for Michael!! Way to represent!

• Like 2

Why does BB think we want to spend so much time watching the competitions on the TV show?  It get very boring after the first 5 minutes.  Just show the comps on the live feeds.  That way we can watch the HGs interacting on the show.  I don't watch the TV show to see the comps.  I just want to see how they react when they win.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Does Daniel not have a mind of his own? The whole house wanting Taylor out would make her much more likely to want to work with you than with everyone else!

Why was Monte so quick to believe Paloma over Taylor?

Something is…off with all of the Taylor hate in the house. The fashion show that the other women bitched about? Was actually their idea/at their urging.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Does Daniel not have a mind of his own? The whole house wanting Taylor out would make her much more likely to want to work with you than with everyone else!

Something is…off with all of the Taylor hate in the house. The fashion show that the other women bitched about? Was actually their idea/at their urging.

Demonizing Taylor makes them all feel safer.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

The fashion show that the other women bitched about? Was actually their idea/at their urging.

I know, right?!

Paloma wants to be the vixen of the BB house, I see you heiffa.

Kyle is too OTT.

Why does Michael look like the men who used to have their hair 'fried, dyed and laid to the side'?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Worse possible outcome.

Paloma is a sociopath and Yasmine (who was sitting right there when Paloma was targeting men) has  pudding for brains.

You look at the way Paloma manipulated everyone to turn against Taylor and you can see how it possible down through history to see how persecutions with a mob mentality worked like for instance branding someone as a practicioner of witchcraft.

If Taylor leaves as I said before my personal interest in this season will nose dive. She's beautiful and seems like a genuinlly good person and doesn't deserve this.

Nicole's BS detector as a former cop was in overdrive but what can one person do but I'm impressed she wasn't buying Paloma's goods.

As for the rest of the episode...fast forward material through the comp....not very engaging at all.

• Love 10

I wish Terrance would head out the door tomorrow although in all likelihood he won’t. He’s got the personality of a rock. And dragging out his DJ Showtime credentials is useless since when the hell will he be allowed to show off his DJ skills in there? It sort of reminds me of that HG many years ago who kept referring to herself as “the sexy mom.” Which was also irrelevant and kind of creepy.

• Love 3

I really hope that I'm not "over" my BB fandom (BB OG 4 LYFE, est. S1, baby), but something about this season just feels lacking. Boring houseguests this year? Too interchangeable? Then seeing the DRs about Taylor's lie-that-was-not-a-lie, watching HGs unironically speak as though Paloma did not just state WITH WITNESSES that she's worried about a strong mens' alliance... wow, we're really in a post-truth world. I mean, it's one thing in politics, but a whole other level in my summer escape. If any of the parties piling on Taylor did a gleeful Dr. Will-style DR about how they're sucking everyone into their web of lies, I'm down with that, but gawd, they actually sound like they believe their own Jonestown kool-aid.

Daniel is not only a spineless little hypocrite ("I feel so bad about nominating you, Taylor, except for the part in which I sanctimoniously chastise you on national t.v.")  but also looks like he smells stinky.

In the final montage of the episode I realized that, ironically, Pooch's mouth resembles an inflamed cat anus.

Michael or Nicole ftw. (The former because he reminds me of the adorable Andy Samberg and worships Janelle, and the latter because she seems to have a shred of intelligence and intuition.)

• Like 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Terrance: 1. Please STOP referring to yourself as 'DJ Showtime'... I can imagine having to live with him and constantly hearing things like... 'Well you know what? DJ Showtime is going to 'spin' himself a salad!' Every day. Enough!!

2. "Daniel and I have that bond since we're both artists." Actually? No. HE is a performer and I guess 'artist' but you? Are a bus driver. Just like working as a server in a restaurant doesn't give you an "in" with the chef's scene, there is no 'cred' to being a Karaoke DJ in the performance world. You are NOT an artist. Back that unearned swagger down about 5 notches and we'll talk.

Paloma: Welcome to the witch hunt! The one being the bitchy catty girl is actually YOU. You were the one that went around and told everyone in the house how badly you want Taylor to go home because she's "a liar" but that only proves that actually you are the biggest liar in the house. Talk about someone who has no self awareness? You're the one coming off as a petty mean girl.

"Could still be the first voted out." *rolls eyes* It's pretty obvious one of them is going home due to the this backstage thing, eventually. Why would I be so certain? Because why would they need people to vote to 'save' one of the three unless one of them needed saving? Gah. The 'twists' drive me crazy sometimes.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I really hope that I'm not "over" my BB fandom

I'm wondering the same thing *gives secret 'since s1e1' hand shake* this season just annoys me already for some reason. I am getting no vibe from this casting. Some people are so over the top (hello Micheal and Kyle!) I bet they thought 'Wow this HG is really going to be fun and light up the house! People will LOVE their big personalities!!!' For me though? Yeah, not so much.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Paloma: Welcome to the witch hunt! The one being the bitchy catty girl is actually YOU. You were the one that went around and told everyone in the house how badly you want Taylor to go home because she's "a liar" but that only proves that actually you are the biggest liar in the house.

Her non-stop talking is going to sink her eventually, and probably soon.  Her plan worked this time, but she is way too careless.  She doesn't trust Taylor and thinks she's bonding with the guys, so she's going to pretty much hand her ammunition, by telling her everything about her concern for the guys' bond, and all but outing the girls alliance?  It's not long before someone less vulnerable than Taylor calls out her foot-in-mouth disease and it comes back to unite the house against her.

• Love 2

I'm in the Season 1, Episode 1 Club! And I agree this season seems so blah.  I think it could be too many people with the same type personality and I can't remember their names? Or too many being quiet and don't seem to know how to play the game? Not sure, but something does seem off with this season.  😢

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm wondering the same thing *gives secret 'since s1e1' hand shake* this season just annoys me already for some reason. I am getting no vibe from this casting. Some people are so over the top (hello Micheal and Kyle!) I bet they thought 'Wow this HG is really going to be fun and light up the house! People will LOVE their big personalities!!!' For me though? Yeah, not so much.

14 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I'm in the Season 1, Episode 1 Club! And I agree this season seems so blah.  I think it could be too many people with the same type personality and I can't remember their names? Or too many being quiet and don't seem to know how to play the game? Not sure, but something does seem off with this season.  😢

Even though it's not from S1, I kinda want the OG handshake to involve six fingers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Even though it's not from S1, I kinda want the OG handshake to involve six fingers.

Nakomis inventing the Six Fingers plan was the equivalent of Openhiemer developing the atomic bomb. It changed Big Brother irrevocably with the rise of the Back Door  and was the Destroyer of many a person's game...and perhaps entire seasons as a whole.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Not sure, but something does seem off with this season.

Was just looking over the cast photos and realized it is time, once again, to bring up how this show cannot get away for it's terrible optics at times. It's never entirely their fault but it does continue to happen year in-year out. We didn't banish all the minorities to a 'slum' this year, thankfully. However the first male white HoH now has nominated an older gentleman and a pretty pageant girl that just so happen to both be black. That is the way we come back to the game after the 'breakthrough' season with The Cookout, huh? Interesting. It's also a real hit to the diversity of the cast, in the show's first week.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

This really sucks.  I was so looking forward to this season after the last one.  But looks like it's back to the same old bullshit which makes people like me dislike and dismiss BB in the first place.

Paloma's hatred of Taylor is unreal.

Taylor made it clear where her loyalty was though, being completely silent to Paloma and the women and turning right around and selling her out to Monty.  But that's her prerogative.

Monty and Daniel just seem dumb, dumb dumb.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, stcroix said:

After the cookout the casting director overcorrected back to mainly white people.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I don’t know, but I wonder how he’s going to feel when he realizes he helped to demonize a black woman for absolutely no reason.

2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

After the cookout the casting director overcorrected back to mainly white people.

There are still POC, they just mostly have lighter complexions this time, to help the white folks feel more comfortable.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

This episode just made a lot of people look dumb for buying Paloma's crap. Her defensive babbling should have been a dead giveaway, it's a classic tell. Monte in particular came off very stupid. That said, I don't really care if Taylor goes, she's not bringing much to the table, personality-wise.

I think I like Nicole the best so far, but we're not seeing a lot of everybody. The episode was super focused on Paloma and the "girls girls," which makes me think the shows sees another potential cook-out in that alliance. For now, anyway. 

Why does BB think we want to spend so much time watching the competitions on the TV show?  It get very boring after the first 5 minutes.  Just show the comps on the live feeds.  That way we can watch the HGs interacting on the show.  I don't watch the TV show to see the comps.  I just want to see how they react when they win.

That's the way I feel about Survivor, all the challenges look exactly alike and the running commentary is tedious in both cases. But I think we're in the minority, apparently a lot of fans live for that shit. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

so this is what teen girls face in middle and high school.....it was painful to watch, especially all the men who lapped up whatever Paloma dished them.  good for Nicole to see through it but she's right that she could do little to slow that train. I feel bad for Taylor.  The other girls baited her to do the fashion show, then tore her apart for doing it.  maybe Paloma is trying for a villain edit...

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Daniel is simply suffering from FOBOTH - Fear Of Blood On Their Hands - which is fairly common with the first HOH of any season.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Daniel is simply suffering from FOBOTH - Fear Of Blood On Their Hands - which is fairly common with the first HOH of any season.

Hah, the struggle against BOTH is real!! I know that about half way through the episode I was happy I wasn't playing the "Drink whenever someone says 'blood on my hands'" game because I'd have been hammered !

Still waiting for the other common virus to take hold this season: MVWTH disease: 'Must. Vote. With. The. House.'

• LOL 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Hah, the struggle against BOTH is real!! I know that about half way through the episode I was happy I wasn't playing the "Drink whenever someone says 'blood on my hands'" game because I'd have been hammered !

OH yeah.  I (somewhat) recall entire seasons which had me writing new lyrics to “Sounds of Silence”:

Hello Advil my old friend 

Friday morning’s back again….

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • LOL 3

Paloma reminds me of some girls from my high school (way) back in the day.  I guess people haven't changed all that much since then.  She'll end up ushering in her own demise in this game when she forgets that she needs to dial it back a little as the weeks pass.  The rest of the house will catch on to her sooner rather than later.

Taylor made the classic mistake of "warning" one side of the house (the guys) what the other side of the house (Paloma) was talking about.  Both sides end up getting together and crushing the "good Samaritan".  How many seasons have we seen this play out now?

I'm enjoying this season so far.  The alliances are still just starting to form, and I look forward to seeing which ones will cradh and burn (Girls Girls) and what hybrid alliances will take their place.  These first few weeks are always an exciting time in the BB house for me! (Also a BB4Ever Fan since S1E1) 

(edited)
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Monty and Daniel just seem dumb, dumb dumb.

Soooo very....  Paloma literally told them to their faces.  She's there for the girls.  She's a girl's girl........the girls this.... this girls that.....  Should have been a huge red flag for them that what Taylor said could possibly be true.   

And Daniel is a Grade A Jerk for saying Taylor should apologize.   Even if he believes Paloma over Taylor, still a jerk move.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 8