Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

He's not putting up Taylor for the fourth time.

He says he's putting up Jasmine and Turner.

This makes the most sense.  Jasmine is not winning a veto unless it's another shoving your face in food one.  I don't think Indy or Alyssa could win one either.  That just leaves Daniel and if he played the veto, Alyssa and Indy go up. Oh Turner could win one as well but his best bet is to throw it.

• LOL 1

Targeting houseguests or making alliances based exclusively on race was something many people objected to last year with the CO. To me it is distasteful no matter who does it. Maybe some think it is acceptable since the CO got praise for it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I am so disappointed in Kyle. My preferred order of boots now:  Daniel, Jasmine, Kyle, Indy, Alyssa, Terrence. Then let Turner, Michael, Brittany,  Taylor, Joseph and Monte fight it out,  Of course, now that I put it out there, it probably won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

It's too early

Helen? Is that you? 

Just kidding - I agree, it's too early.  They need one more week before it gets really interesting.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

OMG white people gonna white (not to minimize Kyle's fucking insane Racist mind losing). Boot Kyle just tell Alyssa the plan was to boot her last week and it wasn't Kyle who wanted to use the Veto but Daniel. Plus I love the mess, the good thing is there aren't many of them playing hard core game, they are all being pretty reactive, and really only Kyle and Michael and Joseph understand how to maths the maths. At first I was worried about MoJo broing down but now I'm not concerned with that at all, I totes believe they are really solid with Taylor because she's an end GOAT to take to F2 and they'll want Daniel out for being a comp threat. Again if I were Brit/Michael/Taylor I'd try to get one girl (Jasmine or Alyssa) and one more guy (Turner? Terrance?) as a sub LO alliance. I really need to know if Michael is going to make a big move, get Kyle get HIM.

I feel like Joe is all in on Monty for F3 at least,  but I am not sure why, I think he'd lose to Monty in F2, with bitter voters who will be more likely to think he was behind everything. Because he kind of is behind everything LOL.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

We can't expect players to not be wary of a new cookout...

Exactly. It's no more "racist" of him to be wary of what has happened in the past than it was for that plot to be hatched. 

Edited by Suzysite
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Who dis?

A Welsh singer - used to be Marina and the Diamonds, sometimes just referred to as MARINA. Kinda dance, electro, disco pop. Michael got the Love + Fear album when there were much better ones to choose from (FROOT or Electra Heart, IMO). Sometimes gets lumped together with the indie-pop artists when she is definitely not "indie" but that's just become the catch-all for "not Top 40".

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Jasmine next week in the DR (provided she's not on the block): "Jewuhlie, you look purtier than a bagel slathered in pee-nit buttah and mayo!"

My favorite corn pone saying works perfectly for Jasmine:  "If brains was lard, she wouldn't grease too big a pan." 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
Just now, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I'm not sure Michael would be enthusiastic about suddenly bringing on two Kyle allies, Daniel and Alyssa. 

Daniel? Yuck, no!

Otherwise, good morning! I hope Kyle wakes up this morning with a clearer mind and dismisses last night's thoughts as those of a sleep-deprived paranoid brain. This morning is peaceful as all the house guests are sacked out. Camera one shows the other women's bedroom, aka the golf room aka the hallway bedroom. 

Closest up is Jasmine or Brittany, can't tell for sure. Second in is Daniel, dreaming sweet dreams of he and Nicole as the final 2 and the confetti pouring all over HIM. Sadly for him, reality will settle in as he awakens, the dream was all an illusion, and he must bravely face his short and bleak future in the House. Onward! He will continue to play to the game with dignity and nobility as he has played it so far, while indulging in tantrums, spewing anger at Taylor and rage at Monte because after all, the person he is maddest at is himself.

Update: Brittany is in the closest bed to the camera. Jasmine is in the bed on the other side of Daniel. Although she is mummified in her duvet - no, there's her eyes peeking over the edge - I know it's her bed because her cane is leaning against it. I'm guessing Taylor is in the furthest bed from the camera although I can't see her. Camera shows an overhead view from the other side of the room. We can't see Taylor and only a partial Jasmine, while Daniel and Brittany are in full view. The floor is tidy but the dresser tops have stuff piled all over.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm guessing Taylor is in the furthest bed from the camera although I can't see her. 

Yes, that's her; she only went to bed about 2 hours ago. It looked to me like Joseph was in the bed when she crawled in, but I think he left - he definitely woke up. 

Camera 3 takes us to the guys' bedroom. As usual Terrance is serenading the room. He's got a kind of stuttered snore this morning. Time to mute. I think the bed on the left has Monte--it used to be his bed but it might be Joseph. Kyle is in the middle bed and Terrance in the bed to the right. Kyle has a ton of stuff on his shower stool (yes there is a shower stool at the end of each bed in this room), plus more spilled over onto the floor, including a sheet. There's a pile of stuff alongside the left-hand bed. A pile of shoes in another corner of the room. Camera 4 shows a closer up view of Kyle and Monte (yes this camera confirms Monte is in the left-hand bed). We can't see Terrance or the bed up against the opposite wall. I figure Turner's in that one. 

Is Joseph a have not? No, he can't be because Terrance and Monte are in this bedroom. 

4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Is Joseph a have not?

There are no Have Nots this week. Which means Taylor has continued to dodge her chance which means that Nicole is bitching in her hotel room about it and Jasmine and Daniel will probably bitch about it in the house. I think Brittany managed to avoid it, too.

I was kinda hoping that they would name Taylor's festie bestie group as Have Nots because Indy would have an epic meltdown about doing it twice so close together.

Edited by Callaphera
8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Juily. And then she corrected it to Juilyee. And then she corrected it to Juliee.

As a Julia that is frequently (annoyingly) called Julie? It felt like sweet, sweet revenge.

My grandma's name was Julia and I don't think a single person ever called her Julie. I can't even imagine it happening. A Julia feels like a totally different person than a Julie.

Or a Juily. Or a Juliee.

Fun fact: before I was born my mom wanted to name me Julia but my grandmother (her mother-in-law) told her not to because she had a "crazy cousin" named Julia. So she named me Diana instead and for the longest time people kept calling me Diane, to the point where I gave in and started calling myself that, lol. Even after I "took back" my real name, people still occasionally call me Diane. (Moral of the story, don't tell anyone what you plan to name your kid if you're pregnant. Once the kid is actually born and named, most people won't say, "wow, that name sucks".)

But I agree, Julia and Julie should never be mixed up, they're not interchangeable at all. And who in the heck can't spell Julie???  Every time I see Analyse's butchering attempts I crack up all over again. JCM must have been so pissed, lol. I wonder which she found more insulting, "Juilyee", or being compared to a chicken wing in an air fryer?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Fun fact: before I was born my mom wanted to name me Julia but my grandmother (her mother-in-law) told her not to because she had a "crazy cousin" named Julia. So she named me Diana instead and for the longest time people kept calling me Diane, to the point where I gave in and started calling myself that, lol.

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at you deciding to give up your own name and vote with the house go along with the crowd. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

Exactly like players of colour have had to be wary every other season of BB?

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

JCM must have been so pissed, lol. I wonder which she found more insulting, "Juilyee", or being compared to a chicken wing in an air fryer?

I'm gonna go with an old school answer: when Dan Gheesling called her Mrs. Chen. She's a married woman, Mrs. Chen is her mother.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Parade exit interview with Nicole, who got some last minute emergency media training: https://parade.com/tv/nicole-layog-big-brother-24-interview

For instance:
Parade: "I'm not sure if you know this yet. But when you were both talking about Taylor at that time, she was asking Monte to help pray with her for your mom's health."
Nicole: "(Pause.) It breaks my heart, it breaks my heart, because... (Pause.) I feel bad, and it breaks my heart. I never wanted her to feel that way. There's a lot of disappointment there. And I just have to be honest. I take ownership for the things that I've said. I was making decisions to use her as a shield for strategy and try to keep myself safe by using somebody who wasn't liked in the house. And I take full responsibility for that."

A round of applause for the emergency PR trainer!

Also, EW exit interview with Nicole: https://ew.com/tv/nicole-layog-big-brother-taylor-hale-interview/

Featuring such amazing bullshit like:
EW: "Let's talk about Taylor's speech, quoting Rihanna and outlining all the mistakes you made. Did she give you any notice or indication that was coming?"
Nicole: "Absolutely. You know, Taylor and I have, I feel, a special relationship. And the last few days have been full of apologies, honesty, humility. And I'm very happy to say that she did inform me that she was going to do that to me. And we hugged on it. It's a little emotional, but I feel like we connected in a moment where we could put the game completely on the back burner and really have a moment that we had the first week of Big Brother."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:
21 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

JCM must have been so pissed, lol. I wonder which she found more insulting, "Juilyee", or being compared to a chicken wing in an air fryer?

I'm gonna go with an old school answer: when Dan Gheesling called her Mrs. Chen. She's a married woman, Mrs. Chen is her mother.

I was on a very extended BB break between seasons 8 and 21 so I missed that exchange, but that is super dumb, lol. Of course that was before Julie added the Moonves to her name as an FU to me-too (ooh that rhymes) so maybe Dan thought ... nah, it's still dumb.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Coming onto BB thinking it’s a guaranteed path to future economic security demonstrates the same level of financial illiteracy as making “hitting the Powerball” the sum total of your retirement planning.

To be fair, because of the awesome American health care industry and cancer winning the lottery has become my retirement plan.  I can't wait to have surgery and get completely wiped out financially.

• Hugs 11
  • Sad 1

I happened to look at the feeds and I saw two pink flamingos on Camera 4. ???? Was I suddenly transported to the previous Power of Veto competition and hallucinating? Will I see pink elephants and green pigs next? Right now I just see two bedrooms in night vision across the four camera views on my screen.

My issue with Kyle are the microagressions and the way he is going about it. There is no reason to call all the BIPOC houseguests "big personalities" when besides Jasmine and Indy they don't. Terrence and Monte are painfully boring by themselves. This is why last year even if  Claire had figured out the Cookout she never would have targeted them because she would have been nervous to be called racist. I also think its kind of dumb to lump Taylor in the Monte/Joseph/Indy/Jasmine, but then again in all the post show interviews last years one of the reasons no one suspected the cookout in the house was because Big D and Tiffany openly hated each other. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

The cookout strategy though is totally different than what's happening here.   The CO was formed early on with a group of 6.   This season Kyle is wary of a group of 4.  A group of 4 who don't always vote together, and who by the way just enthusiastically voted out 2 POC in a row.   A CO situation doesn't even logically make sense here.   Kyle's concerns don't sit well with me.  

• Like 7
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Exactly like players of colour have had to be wary every other season of BB?

I don't disagree with what you are saying. It's normal people worry about any form of alliance that could be created, may it be all women, all men, older people, younger people etc.

10 minutes ago, After7Only said:

The cookout strategy though is totally different than what's happening here.   The CO was formed early on with a group of 6.   This season Kyle is wary of a group of 4.  A group of 4 who don't always vote together, and who by the way just enthusiastically voted out 2 POC in a row.   A CO situation doesn't even logically make sense here.   Kyle's concerns don't sit well with me.  

I agree with this point of view.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Yeah the fact they already voted out 2 POC is the part that doesn't sit right with me. I forgot to mention it in my comment. 

I can totally see Taylor and Terrence choosing to work with Monte and Joseph over Kyle not because of race, but because they both tend to hang out with those two more which is another reason why Kyle's comments are dumb.

• Love 3

I can't wait for Michael to clue Brittany in, or it get back to her, on Kyle's proposal. She's the one who will blow it all up or at least run to Taylor. Nobody seems to notice, or maybe care is the better word, how tight Brittany and Taylor have become in the last couple of weeks.

Ironically Kyle might also have some problems with Alyssa, who suddenly seems to taken a shine to Joseph.  Yes, the same Joseph who was actively against a Kyle-Alyssa showmance.

Joseph was also trying to game coach Indy last night not to blow up that Taylor is now her Festie Bestie. But I think he got frustrated and quit. 

Meanwhile Terrance could not wait to run back to Daniel and help him plot Daniel's next course of action. Sigh. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

Once again, aren't we glad that they all got racial bias training before they went into the house? Really, it was just someone telling them not to anything super racist. All right, good meeting! You all pass!

Edited by Callaphera
changed wording
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Once again, aren't we glad that they all got racial bias training before they went into the house? Really, it was just someone telling them not to anything super racist. All right, good meeting! You all pass!

Practically the first thing Kyle did when he got into the house was volunteer that his Grandma Pat (I think it was) "is a little racist." He's not to blame for her opinions, but he was sure relaxed about just spontaneously sharing that information. The training must not have mentioned "Try keeping mentions of your racist relatives to a minimum."

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
26 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Azah talked about this on RHAP and it seems like The Challenge USA racial bias training was a little more thorough which seems bizarre since they are on the same network and have the same parent company, but I guess because it's different production companies? 

• Love 2

Wake up call just went off. Lights are on now and all cameras show the golf aka hallway bedroom. Daniel is putting on his layers; Jasmine and Taylor slumber on. Now the camera switches to HOH where Michael was wearing the blue HOH robe. Now the camera follows him into the HOH bathroom, but not into the shower. Now we're viewing the women's atomic bedroom. Closeup of Alyssa sleeping with a smile on her face. Camera 2 shows Daniel in the kitchen making coffee. He is thinking about his soul-mate Nicole, remembering past cups of coffee she brewed for him, as they used to plot destruction on the house guests they didn't like. Daniel joins Terrance in the bathroom. Terrance greets him, but Daniel sweeps by in silence.

This was my concern last season, that the Cookout would result in a backlash on the next season and black players would be targeted to prevent another one. That said, the optics of what Michael is proposing look very bad, especially coming from the whitest white boy in the house.

• Useful 1

The Cookout was also a one-time thing because you had 5 people (Azah, Deref, Tiff, Kyland, Hannah) agreeing that X was just going to have the money. They would lay down and die for X. It was a very hierarchal alliance that way.

With that being said, I HATED the Cookout. Not them as individuals but I didn't respect Tiffany and Hannah for just handing over money to X. The fact that after the show several of them just mooched off Todrick for months on end was kind of gross too. Because ew, Todrick

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Michael and Kyle discovered Jasmine's cookie and muffin baggie and could not tell what it was. They did say Jasmine is going to be upset. Daniel asks, "Is that Coke?"

5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This was my concern last season, that the Cookout would result in a backlash on the next season and black players would be targeted to prevent another one. That said, the optics of what Michael is proposing look very bad, especially coming from the whitest white boy in the house.

I thought Kyle was proposing the white alliance. Michael's included Taylor, I thought.

4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

the optics of what Michael is proposing look very bad, especially coming from the whitest white boy in the house.

Just to proceed more with this thought, lets say that Monte, Terrance, Joseph, Taylor, Jasmine and Indy DO have the idea of creating this kind of "non-white" alliance because "cookout".

Does Michael's proposal still look as bad?

• Love 2
Just now, SummerDreams said:

Just to proceed more with this thought, lets say that Monte, Terrance, Joseph, Taylor, Jasmine and Indy DO have the idea of creating this kind of "non-white" alliance because "cookout".

It's not Michaels proposal. It's Kyle, the OTHER  tall, skinny, be-spectacled dude.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

But that's not what's happening.  Those people aren't conspiring to be an alliance, hanging out together, etc.   Kyle has seen no evidence of that group being an alliance so it's just weird he finds that group to be a threat.  Whereas he has seen evidence that Joseph/Monte are tight or Michael and Brittany are tight.   So if he framed it in a way that he wanted to make sure those 4 didn't band together against the rest of the LOs that would make more sense to me.   He's probably could sell Taylor on that argument.   

• Love 7

Based on Michael’s cam talk he loves Kyle, seems to have unfortunately bought into Kyle’s racist paranoia, and doesn’t really wanna get rid of Daniel. Sigh. I should have known he’d go to shit lol. Also, I get that maybe Kyle is your long lost twin, but for fuck’s sake man!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

I was just on Twitter, and KKKyle is trending. The DR might have to start suggesting things again.

Yeah, I expect a DR visit and then, "Oh, hey, Michael, maybe I was mistaken earlier." :D 

• Love 1