Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Michael may be ready for Brittany to go.  She will not leave him alone.  I saw her talking at him in the workout room over an hour ago and now she's hovering over him in the HOH room.   I'm beginning to wonder if Brittany and Jasmine's husbands are both hard of hearing.  

I saw that. He was working out and not really talking to her. She just sat in the workout room silently watching him work out. It was uncomfortable. It was a contrast to how earlier he and Turner were chatting casually as they worked out. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Michael may be ready for Brittany to go.  She will not leave him alone.  I saw her talking at him in the workout room over an hour ago and now she's hovering over him in the HOH room.   

Michael has entered end game mode, where he is weighing several different options and scenarios. Unlike earlier, when their games were in lock step, some of Michael’s potential game moves do not involve Brittany, so she is of limited use as a sounding board. She does not get that. And while he’s trying to figure things out, she’s constantly around him like an annoying little gnat. Or flea, take your pick. It’s clearly getting on his nerves.

• Love 7
Just now, 30 Helens said:

Michael has entered end game mode, where he is weighing several different options and scenarios. Unlike earlier, when their games were in lock step, some of Michael’s potential game moves do not involve Brittany, so she is of limited use as a sounding board. She does not get that. And while he’s trying to figure things out, she’s constantly around him like an annoying little gnat. Or flea, take your pick. It’s clearly getting on his nerves.

He still has to tread carefully for now because it is just possible she could fluke into an HOH or key POV.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Alyssa, reading the directions on a package of taco seasoning mix:  "Drain fat, add 2/3 cup water."  She opens a drawer to look for a measuring cup:  "We have a 1/3 cup.  If I add 1/3 cup water and then another 1/3 cup water, is that 2/3 cup?"  

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Alyssa, reading the directions on a package of taco seasoning mix:  "Drain fat, add 2/3 cup water."  She opens a drawer to look for a measuring cup:  "We have a 1/3 cup.  If I add 1/3 cup water and then another 1/3 cup water, is that 2/3 cup?"  

Ding ding ding! 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

The interesting thing to me is that if Michael could actually be safe w/ this guys alliance as backup in DE, it truly is because of everything ‘crazy’ Brittany has done the last couple of days.  She’s only done all this to preserve her second place to Michael. 

on the one hand, I want her to be burned for willingly giving up weeks ago and solely playing for second place—that’s a hard read for others to pick up and is burning some of their games.  On the other, I’m going to be annoyed at Michael being seen as a great strategist off of Brittany’s work. I guess maybe true if he manipulated her to this, but feels a bit icky. Word of the season. Especially if he’s using her desire for 2nd place $ to fund IVF or whatnot for a baby. 

I do still think it’s very possible that he’s presenting this rift (which is easy because who wouldn’t be annoy at this point with her) as part of his strategy to win veto & keep both safe. 

10 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Michael just threw away about 15 full packages of expired and moldy tortillas

But did he sniff them before he threw them away

Edited by Coco88
Sorry above incomplete post. I couldn’t figure out how to delete or edit it
  • LOL 5

I wish Michael would just go to the damn HOH by himself and tell us his thoughts. Heck, it would help if everyone found a camera to confide in; it's so hard to keep track of when someone's being somewhat truthful. And Turner's just as bad as Terrance and Brittany with his "bone carrier" ways, at least tonight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish Michael would just go to the damn HOH by himself and tell us his thoughts. Heck, it would help if everyone found a camera to confide in; it's so hard to keep track of when someone's being somewhat truthful. And Turner's just as bad as Terrance and Brittany with his "bone carrier" ways, at least tonight.

Yeah.....like they could have this room they go into.  With a camera.  Someplace no one else could hear them.  And they could just monologue their true thoughts.  Almost like a video diary.   Yeah a diary, they could deliver in a room somewhere.

On second thought, nah, if they had that Production would just start scripting corny quips and lines that drive the narrative they're crafting. 

• LOL 11
40 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

More options, but even less win equity with the jury.  He burns Brittany and Taylor for the men, he loses their votes almost for sure.

Why would he do that? Michael is enough of a super fan to know that he has a much better chance of winning against a female in F2, as is proven year after year.

3 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Why would he do that? Michael is enough of a super fan to know that he has a much better chance of winning against a female in F2, as is proven year after year.

Oh, have no doubt, Michael realizes this.  But this coming week he can't play for HOH and if he can turn Monte/Turner's attention onto getting rid of Brittany instead of him, that puts him back in control for the F5 HOH.  I don't think for one second this is Founding Fathers alliance lasts beyond the DE.  

• Love 1

Brittany alone, whispering to the camera. She feels like she overplayed this week. She’s afraid the boys are going to turn Taylor and convince her to vote Alyssa out. Then it would be just her and Michael against everyone else. In that event she would have to win HoH, or most likely go home.

She wishes Michael would listen to her. She needs to build trust with Taylor. What does Taylor value? Feminism. Making good TV. Jury votes…

Welp, Brittany has one thing right— she overplayed this week. But she’s under thinking her situation. I can’t believe she hasn’t considered the possibility that Michael might be going in a different direction. But if he does end up cutting her, I’m sure he’ll engineer it in such a way that she feels he had no other choice, and won’t hold it against him. He better, because she’s someone who could definitely poison the jury house against him, even though they don’t like her. She has too much inside information.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Brittany goes to visit Taylor. I wait for her to hit the talking points: feminism, TV, jury.

Taylor says Terrance has been working her, first saying Brittany promised to vote for him if she would, then trying to guilt her and calling her a brat. Brittany asks Taylor to pinky promise that she is definitely voting Terrance out. She says he is a liar.

They talk about Monte and Turner’s relationship. Taylor swears they are not locked in like that. 

Alyssa and Michael join them. Alyssa doesn’t feel well because she started her period. (Is this girl ever NOT on her period?) Taylor’s not feeling well either, because tacos. Now Turner and Terrance enter. I think everyone is trying to prevent Brittany from strategizing with Taylor. And she didn’t even get to her talking points!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Thalia said:

Just reading that made my head hurt; I think a bunch of my brain cells committed sympathetic suicide.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish Michael would just go to the damn HOH by himself and tell us his thoughts.

Michael’s not going to do that in the HOHR, the DR, or anywhere else, because he’s taken a page from BB16 Derrick’s book to heart: never EVER spill your entire true game plan to anybody - and that includes Production, because Production has repeatedly shown they have zero problems with irretrievably fucking up any HG’s game if they think it’ll make for better TV.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

Feeds cutting back and forth between the women talking about makeup, and the men talking about real estate.

Taylor: I brought 40 pairs of eyelashes! 
Terrance: I applied for a loan, but then I had to get my Dun & Bradstreet up, and- 
Alyssa: I put my eyeshadow on with my finger because I need lots of pigment. 
30 Helens: What else is on?

• LOL 10
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Michael’s not going to do that in the HOHR, the DR, or anywhere else, because he’s taken a page from BB16 Derrick’s book to heart: never EVER spill your entire true game plan to anybody - and that includes Production, because Production has repeatedly shown they have zero problems with irretrievably fucking up any HG’s game if they think it’ll make for better TV.

Danni in Survivor: Guatemala did the same thing, which is why she doesn't have as much screentime as you may think she should. It's kind of hard to argue with the strategy, when two people who have voiced having done this have won their respective games. Even if one is Derrick.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Game reminiscing:

Zingbot was very awkward to film. Taylor was expecting more than one zing, with the best to be chosen in editing. Nobody knew what to do when it was over, they all just stood there in silence until they were told to leave.

Brittany thinks America has to vote on something. And if something was voted on and not used, surely they would have been told. (She’s in for a nice surprise.)

Taylor loved Julie’s yellow dress with the cutouts. She wonders if the winner gets an interview with Julie. She really wants an interview with Julie.

Nicole told Brittany she didn’t like her, then asked for her vote. Alyssa barely remembers Ameerah. But she can still picture Daniel standing by the dresser every morning, waiting for his morning hug. (Ew.) They all have a message for Daniel: Too much.

• Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Taylor says she doesn’t care about gaining celebrity from this. But if she could get anything, the one thing she would love to have is a Chipotle Black Card. It’s a card that lets you eat at Chipotle for free, for life.

Somewhere, a Lays executive is weeping.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I feel like it’s a combo of everything. He does feel a little safer now with the Founding Father alliance. He finds her irritating. I don’t think he’ll actually cut her. He just has slightly more options. 

Dumbest. Alliance name. Ever. 

• Like 3

Are we to the point where everyone plays in veto comps?

Michael has one heckuva decision to make, eh?  Personally, I just could not trust Turner enough.  The original plan is the safest trek.  I think Turner had a chance to better set up Michael by really playing up the mutual trust that came out of the Kyle eviction before suggesting a new alliance.

I am very unclear about Taylor's personal hopes for the order of eviction.  When did she renounce her earlier iron-clad rule of not launching a POC?  Or, was that only for female POC?  Regardless, is it about evicting Brittany for her?  Who would she want in an F3, assuming Michael is in? 

1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Are we to the point where everyone plays in veto comps?

Michael has one heckuva decision to make, eh?  Personally, I just could not trust Turner enough.  The original plan is the safest trek.  I think Turner had a chance to better set up Michael by really playing up the mutual trust that came out of the Kyle eviction before suggesting a new alliance.

I am very unclear about Taylor's personal hopes for the order of eviction.  When did she renounce her earlier iron-clad rule of not launching a POC?  Or, was that only for female POC?  Regardless, is it about evicting Brittany for her?  Who would she want in an F3, assuming Michael is in? 

I think it was a Female POC if there were other options available.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

That was only nominating a black woman. Taylor was fine to take out anyone, but it was just nominating for her.

I think Taylor's ideal F3 would now be Alyssa and Monte. I think she'd ideally want Turner, Michael and Brittany out next, not necessarily in that order.

She would have had Brittany in her F3 before yesterday, and I think Taylor trusts Monte more than anyone else (I don't know why, since he's thrown her under the bus and has actively targeted her, but I guess she doesn't know that). 

• Like 1

was that only for female POC?

It was specifically a Black women and it was never that she wouldn't vote them out it was that she wouldn't put them on the block in an HoH. She obviously voted out Ameerah/Nicole/Jasmine/Indy.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Michael just threw away about 15 full packages of expired and moldy tortillas, no exaggeration. Why do they keep buying stuff that clearly nobody eats?

one of the earlier houseguests probably had them on their food list.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, blixie said:

All of the, as Taran says "sub-optimal" games moves, are making this kind of exasperating. Taylor do not take a bro into F2, Michael do not vote out Brittany. Good Gravy Marie!

Seriously. And if Monte/Turner get power in the DE and save Michael then they're the dumbest of them all lol.

I like dumb players though. It makes the game more interesting/exciting/unpredictable.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously. And if Monte/Turner get power in the DE and save Michael then they're the dumbest of them all lol.

I'm gonna be stunned if Michael survives the DE without winning veto. I just can't imagine them NOT taking him out when they have the chance.

And if he does survive, I'm gonna be rooting for him to win more than ever. And rooting for a Turner/Monte eviction at F5. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

They made Nicole a villain, Daniel a crappy farmer e-e-I-no! And Brittany’s is just insulting.  Terrance’s is one of the most boring ever.  I didn’t get Monte’s.

Edited by DEL901

So last night Taylor did something I found a bit icky. Terrance was on a very long-winded pitch about why he should stay, and kind of trying to use the fact that Taylor is black as part of the pitch. Taylor nodded and smiled and said how she didn't want to fall for "white girl tears" (Alyssa). Somewhere along the convo I realized Taylor had zero intention of changing her vote. She was just humoring Terrance with this black solidarity talk. Sure enough, when the convo was over she made a beeline to Alyssa and said that she was "trapped" with Terrance but there was nothing he could say to change her mind.

I found this a bit ... icky. Like using black solidarity to Terrance as a way to make him feel safe when she actually has every intention of evicting him. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

So last night Taylor did something I found a bit icky. Terrance was on a very long-winded pitch about why he should stay, and kind of trying to use the fact that Taylor is black as part of the pitch. Taylor nodded and smiled and said how she didn't want to fall for "white girl tears" (Alyssa). Somewhere along the convo I realized Taylor had zero intention of changing her vote. She was just humoring Terrance with this black solidarity talk. Sure enough, when the convo was over she made a beeline to Alyssa and said that she was "trapped" with Terrance but there was nothing he could say to change her mind.

I found this a bit ... icky. Like using black solidarity to Terrance as a way to make him feel safe when she actually has every intention of evicting him. 

I guess the only counterpoint is that Terrance was trying to use the same rationale to stay.  I think Taylor had no option but to nod and then flee  as soon as she could.  

• Like 10
  • Love 7

It makes the game more interesting/exciting/unpredictable.

In seasons where I'm literally invested in no one (and honestly those are not seasons I watch) than sure, but I do want Taylor to win, its hard enough for her to win if everyone does what's best for them, but when they're out here helping Michael win as long as no woman touches F4 than like UGH. So less predictable but not more *satisfying*.  Give me desperate playing too hard Brit over whatever everyone else is doing.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, blixie said:

In seasons where I'm literally invested in no one (and honestly those are not seasons I watch) than sure, but I do want Taylor to win, its hard enough for her to win if everyone does what's best for them, but when they're out here helping Michael win as long as no woman touches F4 than like UGH. So less predictable but not more *satisfying*.  Give me desperate playing too hard Brit over whatever everyone else is doing.

Luckily, Michael would NEVER go to a F3 with Monte/Turner over any of the women, so as soon as he gets any sort of power, I see him knocking one of them out immediately. 

I think Taylor is one of the safest right now, so she still has a chance. But I stand by my opinion that Taylor needs Michael to survive the DE in order for her to get farther. Because I see a scenario where Michael goes in the DE and Taylor gets targeted for being the new biggest threat. Why? They won't want to get rid of Brittany the Goat without Michael, or Alyssa the Goat who hasn't won anything or made moves. Turner's wanted Taylor out, and Monte's only barely working with Taylor now. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I didn’t get Monte’s.

Basically saying his strategy is to be muscle coach, mr popular and he loves BB twists and his penchant for throwing people under the bus and he got all that from studying the BB manual. That was definitely too much for 1 card, everyone else’s was simple 1 message. The caricatures of past HGs on his card was pretty good though. 

I liked Taylor’s Michael’s and Indy’s. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Maverick said:

Yeah.....like they could have this room they go into.  With a camera.  Someplace no one else could hear them.  And they could just monologue their true thoughts.  Almost like a video diary.   Yeah a diary, they could deliver in a room somewhere.

On second thought, nah, if they had that Production would just start scripting corny quips and lines that drive the narrative they're crafting. 

Sorry if not clear; I meant in real time.

• Love 1

And as with the Zingbot "jokes," I'm left wondering if the person who produced these comics actually watches the show. The one for Taylor makes zero sense as she's been probably the least fighty person in the house. It's a great image of her face though IMO. Meanwhile, the one for Indy? Was that the only Brazilian reference they could come up with? What does "big wick energy" even mean? Brazilian waxes aren't done with candles to my knowledge. Sheesh. I think this season is such a massive fail so far.

Comics: Not only was Brittany’s insulting, it was boring. Everyone else has some kind of action scenario while she’s just standing there next to salt and pepper shakers. Because she’s not only a parasite, she’s… salty? Production must really hate her. Monte’s is also kind of insulting, though, as it implies he has no game of his own and just copies from the past.

Most of the facial likenesses are quite good, except for Turner and Alyssa. Alyssa’s looked nothing like her. Turner’s features are exaggerated to the point where he looks like Gollum. On second thought, I have no problem with that.

Kyle’s and Daniel’s are just weird.  I wonder why they didn’t do some Elvis-themed comic for Daniel— trademark issues? 

I see why Michael and Taylor love their comics. I’m sure Terrance does, too. I predict Jasmine will say she loves hers but will actually hate it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Terrance was the one who was cynically pitching Black solidarity even though he clearly doesn’t feel any. I’m sure Taylor saw right through that and was possibly even offended. So why not throw a little of that back in a similar fake fashion. She did nothing wrong, IMO. And frankly, after how he’s treated her, he deserves much worse.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

Terrance was the one who was cynically pitching Black solidarity even though he clearly doesn’t feel any.

Right Terrance and Monty have relentlessly questioned her blackness/black solidarity and  basically told her she's M/B pathetic fool while their Kyle houses of glasses lie around their feet. They have used black solidarity to manipulate her, it's more than fair for her to turn it back on them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8