Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Godspeed, Jasmine. I'm pretty sure you're dead, along with everyone else in the jury and Big Brother is just trying to cover up the crime before the finale when they announce that they've decided to do away with the jury vote and Julie's just going to spin a wheel to determine the winner out of three options: Taylor, whoever sits next to her, and the guinea pig couple from BB9 because those little shits have to ruin everything.

Why aren't you a producer?  This is a much better show.  Also?  The Jury House Crime could be an episode of CSI.  CBS hire @Callaphera, post haste!

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Julie said the Thursday episode will be live. Typically, the F4 veto ceremony/eviction is live. Also, we've heard nothing about the feeds going down. 

You see, that makes no sense to me since they're fast forwarding through everything. Why have everything take place sooner if they're doing a normal live eviction?

I would like to assume Julie misspoke, as she's done a few times, and it WILL be pre-taped, or Julie wants to pretend that it's a live eviction.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

You see, that makes no sense to me since they're fast forwarding through everything. Why have everything take place sooner if they're doing a normal live eviction?

I would like to assume Julie misspoke, as she's done a few times, and it WILL be pre-taped, or Julie wants to pretend that it's a live eviction.

Since there’s no episode on Wednesday, I think they’ll be showing veto on Sunday’s episode. So they needed to do veto early to give them more time to edit the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OK, I think he's probably going to take her. I can't imagine he would say all this and then not do it.

I liked Taylor more at the beginning of the season but the way she sat on the pool table and the sarcastic way she is recently coming across in the DR and how she started behaving makes me feel she is paving avenues for herself to win in ways that may not be honest and viewers who still adore her seem now to me to be somewhat disingenuous.

I also am part of the group that was rooting for her because she was so funny and had a charisma about her and handled her bullies so well. I was not rooting for her because she would be the first black woman. Since when did BB become a game played that is a race war? Maybe with the Cookout and they did form that to make sure a POC would win but while that was great, since when is this a game based on USA political history? 

So maybe next year they can have 5 Jewish people on and I can be a HG and make an alliance to get a Jewish person to win. That would seem so absurd. And it would seriously I am sure trigger so much controversy because BB is not a place to insert what goes on in the outside world. All that should be checked at the door. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

On the other hand, Taylor has a MUCH better story. She's faced adversity with a smile on her face. She's had much better jury management. Her social game climbed since the early weeks.

The problem is that some of the jury will have to admit Taylor was bullied in order to acknowledge said adversity, and I doubt they are willing to do that. Also, I've seen no evidence that Taylor is good at speaking up for herself or defending herself, so I have little confidence she can sell her story to the jury.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CuriousParker said:

CBS hire @Callaphera, post haste!

I'll work for cheap if I can work from home and wear my jammies. And y'all can pay me in CAD and since the dollar is tanking again, you save even more. It's like using a coupon on a sale item. I promise to only bring up the Pressure Cooker comp once or twice a week.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The problem is that some of the jury will have to admit Taylor was bullied in order to acknowledge said adversity, and I doubt they are willing to do that. Also, I've seen no evidence that Taylor is good at speaking up for herself or defending herself, so I have little confidence she can sell her story to the jury.

I think it's more that they've convinced themselves that they've always liked Taylor, and thus this support is just part of their continued like of her. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

All that should be checked at the door.

I completely agree with you but while BB is a competitive game show, it also a reality tv show based on a social experiment just like Survivor so real world dynamics are bound to enter the game. In fact, some contestants use their time on the show to bring awareness while talking about their personal experiences. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

Since there’s no episode on Wednesday, I think they’ll be showing veto on Sunday’s episode. So they needed to do veto early to give them more time to edit the show.

Yea exactly, that’s why they did noms and veto so early. It’s super bad scheduling because now there’s 6 days of nothing.

• Sad 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Yea exactly, that’s why they did noms and veto so early. It’s super bad scheduling because now there’s 6 days of nothing.

I think this is their goal to be honest. They want the contestants to feel exhausted by the time the finale happens and them being frustrated and anxious by the anticipation so they give it all. I remember Paris in BB Canada literally screaming because of her having reached her limits and wanting to win so much by the time of the finale.

Actually, after some thought, the eviction HAS to be taped, it CAN'T be live. Why? Because if it's live, then they have less than 24 hours to film the F3 "going down memory lane" for the Clip Show on Friday night. 

Plus, they need to film parts 1 and 2 of the final HOH and they'd be pushing it if they tried to fit in in all on Friday or Friday/Saturday. And that gives the F3 less time to prepare for finale night.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If memory serves correctly – and it very well may not, because of this point in time my memory is like a frikkin’ sieve - don’t they normally do both the F4 eviction and FHOH part 1 live, in the same episode (or start FHOHp1 in the live episode, at least)?

11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

If memory serves correctly – and it very well may not, because of this point in time my memory is like a frikkin’ sieve - don’t they normally do both the F4 eviction and FHOH part 1 live, in the same episode (or start FHOHp1 in the live episode, at least)?

Yes. But yea LC brings up a good point that it’ll be pretty hard to do part 1 of final HOH, the final 3 retrospective, and part 2 of final HOH before the Sunday finale. And the retrospective is airing on Friday so it’d be almost impossible to finish part 1 of HOH and film the retrospective and edit that ep all on Thursday night lol.

So yea I don’t see how Thursday can be live but I also don’t see them just not giving us any indication that it isn’t so who knows.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Actually, after some thought, the eviction HAS to be taped, it CAN'T be live. 

But taped how far in advance because they'd have to shut down the feeds until after the episode airs to avoid spoiling the evictee, right?

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, we've actually seen her 1st HOH meeting with the LO's - when asked questions, she was clueless in what she was doing.

With the jury, it will be more about who has the stronger resume in the game.  And Taylor will have an uphill battle defending her record over Monte.  He is NOT Paul.

Michael has said he feels Monte has played the best game and he will have the RESPECT of the jury.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

But taped how far in advance because they'd have to shut down the feeds until after the episode airs to avoid spoiling the evictee, right?

Yes, if they pretape the eviction the feeds will go down until after Thursday’s episode or perhaps, since there’s only a week left anyway, they’d just end for the season.

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Taylor just told the live feeders to go fuck themselves. She's apparently upset that we saw her and Monte's sexy times.

😏 She knows what show she signed up for. And honestly the button people have been doing a great job with T/M and A/K.  Now the BB crew has probably seen everything, did she consider that? 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 5

That was an interesting conversation between T&M about marriage, kids, identities, acceptance, how they want to spend time soon after the show. Nothing super serious but these kids may actually try it out after the show. Yesterday he did apologize for taking Paloma’s side against Taylor and not knowing the facts. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

No, F4 eviction is pretty much always taped in advance. It's always that "Surprise! It's an eviction!" eviction.*

*Sometimes it's F5 that's the Surprise Eviction, to be fair.

1 hour ago, Shorty186 said:

Usually no more than a couple of days, I believe. So Tuesday or Wednesday, they will probably tape it. Now, I can't recall if we get the feeds before we see the eviction on the episode. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. But then again, the schedule for the endgame is usually a bit more spread out. We usually don't have F4-F3-finale take place within a few days of each other. There's usually a couple of days extra where the F3 are alone in the house. But because the finale is on a Sunday this year and not Wednesday like usual, there's a bit of a speeding up process. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Honestly if it's Turner and Monte in part 3 Monte should just throw HoH and give it to Turner. Monte has a much better shot winning against Turner than against Taylor.

Then he’d be trusting Turner to take him, and what if he was wrong and Turner took Taylor instead? (On second thought, this would be awesome to see. Risk it, Monte!)

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The problem is that some of the jury will have to admit Taylor was bullied in order to acknowledge said adversity, and I doubt they are willing to do that. 

Not necessarily. She was targeted early on, she was put on the block, but she survived. The “B” word doesn’t even have to come up.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes. But yea LC brings up a good point that it’ll be pretty hard to do part 1 of final HOH, the final 3 retrospective, and part 2 of final HOH before the Sunday finale. And the retrospective is airing on Friday so it’d be almost impossible to finish part 1 of HOH and film the retrospective and edit that ep all on Thursday night lol.

Any chance they would do the retrospective with the final 4 this year, just to make things fit? 

56 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Taylor just told the live feeders to go fuck themselves. She's apparently upset that we saw her and Monte's sexy times.

How is that our fault? It’s not like we’re asking to see it. It’s just kind of thrust in our face, so to speak.

33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Taylor and Monte were comparing Turner to Paul but not for the right reasons lol. Paul ran the game and Turner is a spineless weasel who never made one move of his own. But they do both have terrible jury management.

It’s interesting that nobody thinks they have a better chance against Turner than their other alternative. Yes, Turner was HoH during some big evictions, but those were done by committee and the LO jury members know that. Plus Turner did such a good job at convincing people he’s a stoned out slacker that that impression is probably ingrained. Also, the shower bandaids. And the muffins. And the Alyssa. I’d take Turner in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Turner is a spineless weasel who never made one move of his own. But they do both have terrible jury management.

Turner got rid of Michael. Turner was the one who stepped up and said the bullying of Taylor had to stop. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Another thing is the F4 juror does not actually go to the jury house. They stay in a hotel to do press before going straight to the jury roundtable. So if Brittany is evicted I actually think that will be good for her to not go to jury. 

Good for her, but I'd say even better for the jury. Homegirl needs to decompress in private.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

All of this was always there; we (especially white people) just didn't see it because the structure of the game fell along the lines of our own unconscious biases.  And that's human nature too.  But when we start figuring it out and doing better...that is also part of human nature, the best part.

I totally disagree. It seems to me we all hated the same HGs who were white guys: Evel Dick, Adam, Michie, Paul, even white women: Maggie, Rachel. I never watched this show with any bias.

It's simple: I loved Taylor and now I don't. There is no bias involved... I dislike her sarcasm, snarky ways, and her behavior now.

It has nothing to do with her choices, she is an adult and can do as she pleases. It just seems to me that there could be a small window of doubt in terms of whether she is using Monte to further her game. It actually doesn't even matter but her whole behavior sometimes when he leaves the room seems to indicate she is playing him and she could be duplicitous. She liked Joseph and now he is gone and all of a sudden she notices how "hot" Monte is with legs like "tree trunks?" And I really really like Monte, always found him appealing, so I sort of feel bad for him.

Taylor is like an internet troll in that house now while at the beginning she seemed more real and honest. Yes, Taylor is a troll. And she will troll her way all the way to the win. Good for her. Congrats in advance Taylor, you are the true hypnotist on BB 24. 

1 minute ago, Lucas Rowan said:

And it's rich about that second one, because he was just as much a part of that bullying and trash-talking of Taylor before he conveniently stood against it.

You could be right... I did sort of feel production put him up to do that. But, he did it. He gets the credit.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Any chance they would do the retrospective with the final 4 this year, just to make things fit? 

I wondered about that, too. Would be kinda weird for it to air after we already know the F3 though.

Plus Turner did such a good job at convincing people he’s a stoned out slacker that that impression is probably ingrained.

It's easy to convince people of the truth lol.

28 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

Turner got rid of Michael. Turner was the one who stepped up and said the bullying of Taylor had to stop. 

Turner didn't get rid of Michael alone and in actuality didn't really want to do it lol. Taylor put Monte onto it and then Monte convinced Turner. The speech Turner gave about Taylor was written for him by Joseph and, again, he only did it because he was told to by LO. He's a follower through and through. Now, whether or not the jury would try to pretend otherwise, who knows. He is a man who won comps and that is often all it takes to win, especially against a woman.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

I totally disagree. It seems to me we all hated the same HGs who were white guys: Evel Dick, Adam, Michie, Paul, even white women: Maggie, Rachel. I never watched this show with any bias.

100% and the fact that the non-POC didn’t notice they were being picked off one by one last season is proof that the majority of people feel that way. Race was not front and center (for a whole season) until an alliance was made of people based solely on the color of their skin. IMO a win for Taylor or Monte this season is far more legit because they didn’t use that crutch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

It's simple: I loved Taylor and now I don't. There is no bias involved... I dislike her sarcasm, snarky ways, and her behavior now.

And that's fine, but that wasn't the question you asked; you asked why US politics has to enter into the game.  You can hate her or like her as you please!  

Please, also, note I was using "we" about how our entire society has biases, often unconscious ones, not saying X or Y viewer or poster "is biased."  

Also, not so much on BB but I have liked a lot of show-villains in my time, including the Guidos on the first TAR, so we don't "all" like or hate the same people!  

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Alyssa's exit interviews are on-line.

TBD in her relationship with Kyle. They have a lot to sort out. (Translation:  this showmance looks dead).

She hopes Turner follows her to jury (we know that isn't going to be true).  She felt very betrayed by him.

Alyssa thinks Monte is playing the best game and come finale night, he is very strong.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I believe the post you are responding to was addressing more of a systemic/ cultural bias, rather a specific prejudice. For example, white people aligning because of perceived similarities without even realizing how that marginalizes non-white people. You don’t have to be racist to be biased. 

I think it would be delusional for any of us to claim we watch the show (or go through life, really) without any bias. We all have biases based on our upbringings and experiences. It’s the ability to recognize those biases and look beyond them that allows us to learn and grow.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Brittany is alone rehearsing her argument for Monte. Relatable lol.

She’s bringing out charts and graphs for her pitch presentation to Monte to appeal to his math background. I’m sure he’ll nod and hmm and patiently hear her out but it’s a lost cause. Got to give it to her though, she doesn’t quit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I think it would be delusional for any of us to claim we watch the show (or go through life, really) without any bias. We all have biases based on our upbringings and experiences. It’s the ability to recognize those biases and look beyond them that allows us to learn and grow.

I don't think it is actually biases based on upbringing but rather that upbringing has an internal impact which results in developing depression, anxiety, substance abuse habits, and detrimental health behaviors and patterns as we mature into adulthood.

I am a student of Black history and know about Carol Jenkins, Pierce City, Dorothy Counts, and Sundown Towns. I listen to the videos of Elaine Brown and Ericka Huggins. I am not biased and I do not want to be dragged or shoe horned into a paradigm because I have grown to dislike Taylor. She irritates the fuck out of me and I will not like her BECAUSE she is a black woman. She knows now she is going to win and if she wins it will not be because she is black... but she will celebrate it under that umbrella... as I said earlier she is the real hypnotist of BB24 so good for her. I am NEVER happy on finale night. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

They've been given white t-shirts and a tye-dye kit.  The four houseguests are in the backyard working on the shirts.   Turner is clearly the most intense.   This present was made for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I also am part of the group that was rooting for her because she was so funny and had a charisma about her and handled her bullies so well. I was not rooting for her because she would be the first black woman. Since when did BB become a game played that is a race war? Maybe with the Cookout and they did form that to make sure a POC would win but while that was great, since when is this a game based on USA political history? 

How about just plain old Big Brother History? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Thalia said:

They've been given white t-shirts and a tye-dye kit.  The four houseguests are in the backyard working on the shirts.   Turner is clearly the most intense.   This present was made for him. 

Monte didn’t want to do it and just said “let’s get this shit over with” lol. Turner is so into it he’s not speaking to anyone, just focused on his shirt. Brittany and Taylor are being good sports. I guess it helps that they were given a bottle of wine too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2