Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I mean he really need to be specific.   Cheez balls, cotton balls, yarn balls, ball bearings, Lucille Ball, fried shrimp, coconut, shrimp....

All I hear is “obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, guava juice, giant snake, birthday cake, large fries, chocolate shake!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I am eagerly awaiting Kyle's zing.

Damnit.

I mean, I wish we had a Kyle zing.  No oblique references?  Or was BB production too reluctant to touch that third rail?

We might have gotten an oblique Kyle reference in Alyssa's zing.  She didn't seem to happy with whatever hers was.

2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

I don't think Michael will flip on Turner and get blood on his hands.  Alyssa would be the easiest option.  Monte and Taylor would push for her over Terrance.

Before Kyle's Very Special Episode this week, didn't he tell Alyssa during Dyrefest that if he went home, she had to be voted out the next week so they could have ten second sex in the jury house he wouldn't be lonely? I know they've broken up but she seems to be down for that quick dick.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, NightOwl89 said:

All I hear is “obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, guava juice, giant snake, birthday cake, large fries, chocolate shake!”

I'll take "Things Her Royal Cornpone-ness Jasmine Asked The Houseguests to Bring Her This Summer for $800 Alex LeVar Aaron Mike Pat Drew Meredith Wayne Vanna Mayim/Ken"

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Taylor again said that while she knows that's not what's going to happen, she hopes that the fans are kind to Kyle. Brittany immediately pointed out that he's 29, almost 30, not the victim in the situation, and needs to give up the naive boy act and grow up.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 3
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Also might be worth remembering the other HGs don’t necessarily know Michael is a lawyer; when the HGs were doing their usual getting-to-know-each-other intros after entering the House, Michael told everybody he worked in an escape room.  To the best of my recollection, Michael hasn’t fessed up to anybody yet.

You are correct. In fact, I heard some of them (forget who) talking about how Michael is too smart to just be working in an escape room; he must own the escape room.

1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

Then there's the quiz comps where Taylor might manage to edge him out, or BB Comics where her observational skills might give her an edge.

I think Michael will excel at BB comics. I can just picture him studying Highlights magazine for hours, as practice.

1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

To that end, which would be worse - Terrance or Turner following Kyle to the jury house to set the tone for everything that's gone down?

Terrance: Kyle’s my boy, he made some mistakes, but Michael twisted them to profit. Turner: Kyle fucked up, but Michael’s a snake. Monte: I hate what Kyle did, I hate what Michael did more. Alyssa: Excuse me, Kyle and I will be back in 20 seconds. And oh yeah, Michael sucks.

I don’t think Michael comes out of this looking good no matter who he sends to the jury house. He’s just going to have to hope his comp beast skills and lawyerly closing argument have more impact.

15 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Heh, because my exact comments while watching that were “Did you hear that smattering of applause? They must have been told not to boo, so instead they just sat on their hands.” Nice to know I can read a BB room.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

For Monte:

We bounce back, bounce back like a tennis ball Bounce back, bounce back like a basketball Bounce back, bounce back like a soccer ball Or really any kinda ball, except a football Bounce back, bounce back like a tennis ball Bounce back, bounce back like a racquetball Bounce back, bounce back like a volleyball Or really any kinda ball, except a football

• LOL 1

Welp, they already got the backyard so speculation is that it's Hide and Go Veto this week. Which is hilarious because it's a crapshoot Veto and one that Michael could actually lose... but it doesn't matter this week because he's HoH anyway.

It could also be a basement comp or a quick backyard set up, of course, but I miss Hide and Go Veto. The footage of them being all grossed out and pissed off by the messes and having to clean it all up after having a gay old time ripping the place apart is always fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

It's a basketball comp he wants?   I thought he wanted something about baseball.   Wasn't the comp Lawron threw because he thought he'd be given a "special power" some kind of carnvial-style basketball setup?  

Skee-ball, maybe?  😉

3 hours ago, NightOwl89 said:

But Michael didn’t compete in that HOH, that one only had 8 people who found red envelopes play and Michael wasn’t one of them.

Thanks for the clarification: THAT particular post came at the end of three glasses of a surprisingly nice California cab.

1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Nah, those are just some of the lyrics to the theme song of Fairly Oddparents.

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH because it was driving me batshit that I knew that phrase, but couldn’t remember from where.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

You are correct. In fact, I heard some of them (forget who) talking about how Michael is too smart to just be working in an escape room; he must own the escape room.

@30 Helens - do you remember when you heard this?

Monte is still very bothered by his zing. He clearly does not want to be thought of as boring. He says maybe he should start drinking.

Terrance did not appreciate his zing, either, but he shakes it off with a “it is what it is”. They both think Michael’s was especially harsh. (I think that went a little too far, too. It’s one thing insulting someone for something they can control, like showering, but their looks? Not nice, Zingbot.)

Monte and Terrance seem overwhelmed by Michael. They don’t know how he can be stopped, he just knows the game too well. They are also stunned at the way he came compbeasting out of the gate and never stopped. It’s not supposed to be that way, you’re supposed to lay low at first. Monte is really pissed off about the withholding of Kyle information, too. He finds it very insulting that Michael and Brittany would claim there was no game component to that.

Terrance is plotting his revenge in the jury house. Monte just hopes that if Michael goes to the end, there’s someone other than Brittany next to him. He’s going to make Michael put his dick on the table and own up to what he did.

7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

@30 Helens - do you remember when you heard this?

Sorry, no. A couple of weeks ago? 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Monte is still very bothered by his zing. He clearly does not want to be thought of as boring. He says maybe he should start drinking.

That was why I knew he was never going to vote out Taylor this week, as he is looking at BB as the start of him being a "personality," and supporting Kyle, even if he sort of wanted to, would be bad for his "personality," and, well, you can imagine how well being seen as BORING translates to that, as well. 

• Sad 1

Michael, bounding into the empty living room: “Who wants to see my HoH room?”  <crickets>

Michael, running into the back yard, where everyone is: “Who wants to see my HoH room?”  <crickets with a smattering of unenthusiastic “yaaay”s>

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Sorry, no. A couple of weeks ago? 

My Google-Fu is STRONG…!!!  
From Joker’s:

07/16/22 12:39 AM PT Alyssa says brittany is an actress. Alyssa says no. Jasmine says she used to do pagaents. Taylor is in pageants. They sasy Joe is a trainer, nothing more. They say Michael might own the escape room. Jasmine says and test it too. - silverspoons

• Like 3

The atmosphere in the HoH room is like being forced into an obligatory visit to your uncle’s house and you only mean to stay a few minutes but he starts telling boring stories and you’re stuck. 

In his letter, Hayden mentioned finishing his case study and Alyssa asked politely what he does for a living. Michael launched into a very long and scientific description of Hayden’s dermatology research, and the paralyzed look on Alyssa’s face was hilarious.

Later, someone makes a joke about demanding to talk to the manager, and the question is posed: Who has done that in real life? Nobody! Taylor says actually, yes I have. But only to compliment an employee. (Of course.) I would never fit in with this group. Just today, I spent 15 minutes arguing with a T-Mobile employee until I got a supervisor to fix my problem.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Taylor is in the backyard giving herself a pep talk. Nobody is taking her, she has to make it happen for herself. She’s not playing the game she wanted to play, but it’s working. 4 times on the block and she’s still standing. Maybe her superpower is just outlasting everyone else. She needs to win something, though. Best shot is next to Brittany at the end. “I’m gonna win this game,” she vows. “I’m gonna figure it out and I’m gonna win.”

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Taylor is in the backyard giving herself a pep talk. Nobody is taking her, she has to make it happen for herself. She’s not playing the game she wanted to play, but it’s working. 4 times on the block and she’s still standing. Maybe her superpower is just outlasting everyone else. She needs to win something, though. Best shot is next to Brittany at the end. “I’m gonna win this game,” she vows. “I’m gonna figure it out and I’m gonna win.”

What WAS Taylor's plan again? Something about being cutthroat, right? 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

He could, possibly, lose the chicken coop comp to someone like Taylor or Alyssa, right?

Nope, he would win that one as well. He has long slim fingers (so does Taylor) Part of his success I believe is he doesn't get flustered.  He is very cerebral.  I for one am okay with him beasting it out.  If someone is constantly the target and thwarts his eviction every time, kudos!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 9

So, not surprised at the revelation that Terrance is wanting to turn the jury against Michael. I do think Michael put himself in a very difficult spot to win, even if he comps out. I don't necessarily blame the jury if they don't vote for him, because Michael ruined his jury management a bit with this move.

That being said, Terrance IS being bitter and I doubt he has that much power to turn the jury against Michael. 

This week, Michael doesn't particularly have a good choice. If he turns on Monte, he absolutely makes sure nobody votes for Michael in the end because that's such a betrayal. Even knowing Monte/Michael are both coming for each other, after his move last week, I think taking out Monte might be worse. Monte COULD make sure the jury doesn't vote for Michael in the end. 

Taking out Turner means he goes back on what he promised Turner which, yes, would lose a jury vote. But getting rid of Turner eliminates a comp threat for Michael, eliminates Turner/Monte's bond, and helps get him a bit farther. 

Taking out Terrance? Well, I mean, Terrance is bitter anyway so I do think this is his best plan. But it's just another jury member who will ensure Michael's slimy move is well known. 

I do think Michael could still win, absolutely, especially if he has to comp to the end. And Michael is a good speaker, so he'd be able to explain his moves in the end. But he's made it a harder path so we'll see how he navigates the DE next week. I think if Monte goes in the DE, he's set for the endgame. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Kinda feeling that Michael's well beyond feeling icky or caring how gross something looks if it benefits his game.

To that end, which would be worse - Terrance or Turner following Kyle to the jury house to set the tone for everything that's gone down?

Wasn't Michael the host since he was the outgoing HOH?

Turner wanted to keep Kyle even after knowing what he said. Turner still wanted to evict Taylor, because it would be better for Turner's game. Michael exposed Kyle, wanted Kyle out of the game and protected his two (black) alliance members from being voted out and Michael's the villain who would do anything to benefit his game?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

The HOH for the double should be interesting since it's usually days and the only one who studies is Michael who can't participate. 

Well, Brittany certainly thinks she'd be good at that. And she worries about Turner since he knows the whole plot of some show lol.

• LOL 1

do think Michael could still win

Well yeah if he runs the table he takes Brittany he wins. Monty said it, and that again is why she is his and Taylor's #1.

Oh Terrance your belief in your own powers of persuasion continue to be completely deluded.

I am sick of Turner, but I think it's better to BD Monty (I am SO SICK of him trying to run Taylor's game) and Michael should have just put Turner up there against Terrance.

Yea, honestly at this point Michael should just go for it. He's put himself in a position where he has to win every comp and take Brittany to F2 to win anyway so he should just go for broke. Nom Terrance and Turner and then after veto see if shifting the target from Turner to Monte is possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So it sounds like Alyssa's zing had something to do with her being dumb and Zingbot asked if he needed to repeat it for her to understand and then did so. And in the retellings from Michael, it sounds like Alyssa didn't understand her zing after all.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I will laugh so hard if someone not Michael wins the first half of the double and puts him next to Taylor because they are still convinced she is the most dangerous player in BB history. And so then Michael can still take Brittany and win. But next week is huge hurdle for him I think mostly because while he IS cerebral, the speed of it all may trip him up. With the way his luck and game is going though Brittany will win that HoH. Even more of reason to get rid of Turner I guess this week.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

They both think Michael’s was especially harsh. (I think that went a little too far, too. It’s one thing insulting someone for something they can control, like showering, but their looks? Not nice, Zingbot.)

I agree.  Zingbot doesn't usually go after people's looks, not that I can remember, at least.  I think it was pretty low of production to throw that in. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

OK seriously, what is up with these kids? Is it that BB deliberately recruits the dumbest players they can find? Or does this speak to something deeper about the American education system? It seems like maybe they don't teach geography or history anymore.

The system is not set up to learn anymore it's set up to pass tests & that is what teachers teach because anything that adversely affects the school and their money or the teachers pay grade is not needed & could lose them both money & even their job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I agree.  Zingbot doesn't usually go after people's looks, not that I can remember, at least.  I think it was pretty low of production to throw that in. 

I feel like we've gotten the "you're ugly" zings before. Was it Derrick who got it? And I think he wasn't the only one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

At first I was surprised that Michael didn’t explicitly tell anyone but Brittany that with the two of them safe, he was going to spill the beans to keep Taylor and Monte safe.  I have been thinking about this and   I think he is saving this for his F2 speech, if he makes it that far.  

• Love 3

that because Michael and Brittany haven’t admitted they used this information to further their game, they are not respected. 

I don't love a bitter juror vote, but this is sort of bigger than that and now that I saw Michael/Brit's spin wow they fucking SUCK at jury management as not only are they not admitting they used it when it was most convenient to them, but they are arguing revealing it has only *hurt* their game, no assholes not speaking up immediately hurt your game. I suspect in F2 Michael will admit it, but until then he's gonna win every comp you put him front of him. Which I admire when you are legit in danger and only hate when you part of a steamrolling alliance and it only adds to your overall dominance of the game. Also like someone else said it's not so much that Michael is that great, its that the rest of these people haven't even really tried to drill/practice to beat him. Laziest game playing Hammies ever.

Monty's obsession with sports ball comps is absolutely engaging in coded stereotyping of Michael being big big gay.

yes Canada... 

Ah ah ah the irony is that Canada is above Michigan, and also SOUTH of Detroit. Anyway we look like a cute lil MITTEN how could you not at least remember us?

I did not forget that Michael told Brit he is not bound to that promise because I knew the minute he said it he couldn't have been full of more shit.

Overall, as a Taylor stan I'm here for Michael even more than ever now that  everyone is going to poison the jury against him. The worse things are for him, the better they are for Taylor to remain his ally.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I feel like we've gotten the "you're ugly" zings before. Was it Derrick who got it? And I think he wasn't the only one.

Zingbot also insulted Dani's looks in BB22 saying she looked old and Claire last season got called bigfoot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

wouldn't it look pretty gross to then also use Turner agreeing to get rid of Kyle 

No it absolutely would not be gross to flip on Turner who no more nominated and evicted Kyle based on altruism than M/B revealing Kyle's fuckery was altruism. Turner resentfully and poutily did it for his game. I will applaud them turning on Turner.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

The system is not set up to learn anymore it's set up to pass tests & that is what teachers teach because anything that adversely affects the school and their money or the teachers pay grade is not needed & could lose them both money & even their job.

I know a lot of people in this age group who are informed and interested in a range of topics. ( my sons, their friends, nieces and nephews) Schools can only do so much, you can't force kids to want to know about the world. Added to that are messages on tv and social media  that being "dumb" is cute or endearing.

Alyssa isn't even embarrassed to admit how much she doesn't know. It's almost like she's proud of it. That's not a reflection on her teachers, its a reflection of who she is.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Alyssa isn't even embarrassed to admit how much she doesn't know. It's almost like she's proud of it.

Alyssa gets the pretty girl pass. I hope she shares some of her poetry after the season - it's probably filled with things like rhyming "cat" with "bat".

Fun fact: she picked the most basic white girl choice for her favourite poet: Rupi Kaur.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

It's the complete lack of intellectual curiosity that gets me.  I mean, Kyle blathered on about his friend in Prague, and wonders where that is, or if it is a country or city, and he never once bothered to even Google it?  He's obviously thought about it once or twice, but never took the next step of whipping out his phone, or popping open a browser window while editing twerking videos, and entering "Prague" or "Prog" into a search engine?

We live in an amazing age, don't we?  Growing up, we had a Funk and Wagnall encyclopedia set sitting on shelves at the end of the hall.  My mom would pick up a new volume every other week with the groceries.  I think it took a year to get the full set.  Anyways, if you had a question about anything, the answer was to "go down the hall."  Today, I don't even have to go to that much effort.

In Kyle's case, I think it is a lack of intellectual curiosity combined with total self-absorption.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

At first I was surprised that Michael didn’t explicitly tell anyone but Brittany that with the two of them safe, he was going to spill the beans to keep Taylor and Monte safe.  I have been thinking about this and   I think he is saving this for his F2 speech, if he makes it that far.  

Yeah, Im not sure how pilling the beans when they did was helpfully specifically to Mike and Brit. At that point in the week they were both safe with Mike having the veto and knowing hed use it on Brit. Who it did keep safe were Monte and Taylor (which yes is beneficial to Mike and Brit). I thought that is why they went to Monte and Taylor first and asked if they were ok with them sharing it...

• Like 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Aradea said:

Yeah, Im not sure how pilling the beans when they did was helpfully specifically to Mike and Brit. At that point in the week they were both safe with Mike having the veto and knowing hed use it on Brit. Who it did keep safe were Monte and Taylor (which yes is beneficial to Mike and Brit). I thought that is why they went to Monte and Taylor first and asked if they were ok with them sharing it...

M/B only fessed up because they wanted to get back at Kyle, whom they felt betrayed by.  With the house split, they saw that Kyle had iced them out.  They weren't necessarily looking out for Taylor and Monte.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Do you think the jury house will be shown the house meeting with kyle, etc?

Have to agree with Terrence and crew the timing of Michael and Brittany spilling the beans was awfully convenient.

I’m hoping the final two is Not Brittany and Michael together.  I would like the jury to have another choice as winner.  Also, would be more interesting for the viewers.

• Love 1