Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: So Ready in SoCal

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, and who are we kidding?  We are all watching scripted shows to the hilt hoping everything is real with two “experts” who probably have nothing to do with the picking, but are there just to look important.  P.S.  I can’t even find Australia anymore.  Where did it go?

Shvideos.net

• Like 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, and who are we kidding?  We are all watching scripted shows to the hilt hoping everything is real with two “experts” who probably have nothing to do with the picking, but are there just to look important.  P.S.  I can’t even find Australia anymore.  Where did it go?

I read that Lifetime cancelled it? I think you can still watch the episodes on their app but not on the actual tv channel, if that makes sense.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Nice ad for engagement rings. Subtle. Real subtle. 😉 That is different though. When's the last time a husband bought an engagement ring & gave it to their wife BEFORE the wedding??? I don't recall that ever happening. & here, we see at least 3 of the husbands bought engagement rings with the wedding bands. Justin shouldn't have just sent it over. I hope there was a nice note or something. He should've proposed with it at the altar. The way it was shown, it didn't look like a special event... Anyway. Them getting engagement rings is kinda bold & very shocking. It's more investment in a STRANGER. 😬 I wanna know why they did. Maybe the show "suggested" it. 🤔

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2

I'm getting Jenelle James vibes from Alexis. Or maybe just her Abbot Elementary character Ava. I haven't seen JJ in anything else so I don't know how close her mannerisms are to her character. It's not a bad thing necessarily, just noticeable. 

And Nate looked like Pharell in that hat at the bacehlor party. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, bref said:

A couple of these people belong on the Unmatchables spin-off. 

I was okay with Justin's brother until he started with the prison analogies. 

The women all appear athletic, why do they meet in a restaurant while the guys play sports?

Yes. I've been married 18 years and in no way do I feel like my husband's parole officer. It's such a stereotype and pisses me off. A healthy marriage does not actually involving knowing where your spous is at every given moment and having to ask permission to do everything. That attitude about marriage likely contributes to why they fail. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 8

OK, so far it looks like Bride #1 is NOT into her groom right off the bat.  Here's what annoys the heck outta me:  All these singles claim that they have had bad luck with picking partners in the past and that they have learned and grown from their previous dating lives.  THEN they complain that the person they are matched up with is "not what I usually look for".  DUH!  I thought you were on this show to TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!?!?!  This first couple, she says she wants someone TALL, then seems to be disappointed that he's SO TALL.  If I were the "experts", I would want to smack some of them upside their silly heads.

Superficial nitpick: Why would a dark-skinned woman pick a bridal dress with TAN breast pads under a see-thru bodice???  When she tried it on at the bridal store I thought for sure they would change them out because they looked horrible.  But there she was, waltzing down the aisle with obviously mis-matched breasts. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

More interview footage. Tell fam/friends getting married. Initial group spouses meet. Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. TWO dresses/tuxes shopping. ONE wedding. ONE. The one with that awful crying spell & ugly dress. 😒😒 I've had enough of her horrible laugh.

• Love 1

I hope Mitch doesn’t work on his laptop at the beach regularly because I doubt  he has the money to replace it. 
Alexis managed to pull it together enough to be disappointed in Justin but she handled it well. She was right to sob uncontrollably. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I read that Lifetime cancelled it? I think you can still watch the episodes on their app but not on the actual tv channel, if that makes sense.

No kidding?  It was pretty good compared to MAFS.  They should have given it more of a chance.  I hate that these shows aren’t real anymore, like in the very beginning.  What’s the sense?  A few got through the cracks tho.  Very few.

• Applause 1

I am questioning the men this season. None of them seems truly prepared for a committed marriage, whereas the women seem to be prepared to roll up their sleeves to make it work.

Even Justin's insistence that women "just want to know about his package" I call BS. He does not appear to be the type of man most women would be drawn to, let alone ask what his penis size is. Maybe that's a fantasy in his mind, or maybe he does have a large member and he just wants the world to know?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
36 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

OK, so far it looks like Bride #1 is NOT into her groom right off the bat.  Here's what annoys the heck outta me:  All these singles claim that they have had bad luck with picking partners in the past and that they have learned and grown from their previous dating lives.  THEN they complain that the person they are matched up with is "not what I usually look for".  DUH!  I thought you were on this show to TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!?!?!  This first couple, she says she wants someone TALL, then seems to be disappointed that he's SO TALL.  If I were the "experts", I would want to smack some of them upside their silly heads.

Superficial nitpick: Why would a dark-skinned woman pick a bridal dress with TAN breast pads under a see-thru bodice???  When she tried it on at the bridal store I thought for sure they would change them out because they looked horrible.  But there she was, waltzing down the aisle with obviously mis-matched breasts. 

If you noticed, I think lots of the dresses in the back had gold in them.  It looked like her dress had gold in it too.  Maybe a new style?  I can’t imagine why.   Plus, my daughter and I both thought a few things said on the show were inappropriate, like Justin’s “package” and when Nate said “get on your knees”.  Nothing so horrible, but a little surprising coming from this show.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sara416 said:

I'm getting Jenelle James vibes from Alexis. Or maybe just her Abbot Elementary character Ava.

YES! Same voice! Except for when she was squealing during the ceremony.

I thought the fish being cooked looked like swordfish steaks, which are one of the most expensive fish in the market.  Haven't had it for years because of that.  Most restaurants don't seem to offer it any more.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

but you can get some that aren’t really super thick and fake looking.

But for some reason nobody does.

6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

His friend was giving him real constructive criticism… with elf ears on. It was killing me.

Aah, I'm glad someone else noticed that.  It was probably the highlight of the episode.

5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If Binh busts out a whiteboard a la Jose, I’m going to throw the remote.

I'm always interested in how people spend their money so I'd love it if Binh busts out a whiteboard, but ONLY if it actually adds up, unlike Jose's. 

he lost me totally when he said he won’t run the heat or air conditioning or do laundry during peak hours (electricity costs more then, I suppose)

Electricity rates in California are nothing to trifle with. 

If I had to live anywhere in the U.S. without heat or air conditioning, it would be San Diego.  The weather there is astonishingly nice, so Binh is well located for scrimping on electricity.  (Although he should actually look at how much electricity a washing machine uses--it's almost nothing.  It's the hot water that runs up the cost of a load of wash and of course drying gobbles electricity.)

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I have one thing to say tho.  Kudos to whoever wrote those vows Alexis said to Justin.  They brought me to tears.  The most beautiful vows ever.  Actually, I loved everything about their wedding .. the braid and jumping the broom.

I didn't really listen to the vows, but they were laughing afterward about how similar they were, and how they'd gotten them from "google" (although they probably mean "the internet" and not "google"--pet peeve of mine).

Anybody else notice that the braid was unbraided when they were walking back up the aisle?  An omen?

34 minutes ago, sara416 said:

Thank you!  I knew he looked like somebody.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If Binh busts out a whiteboard a la Jose, I’m going to throw the remote

Stacia was shown with a whiteboard and numerous numbers on it in this episode.  It was the scene where she was discussing her rental properties.   

Nate and his ‘replica’ handbags - which the police told him to quit selling or else.   That man is shady.  He’s the bad boy type  that Stacia said she is attracted too- but I think she knows that’s not who she wants to end up with.  He’s going to be nothing but legal trouble for her 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

In particular, I find the men unattractive.

I think Miguel and Mitch are attractive.   We'll see what their personalities are like  

Justin isn't attractive but maybe his personality might make up for it.  He needs to stop talking about his "package" though.  That's a huge turnoff.

Nate isn't as hot as he seems to think he is, just like Stacia.

Binh isn't ugly, but he needs a new hairstyle.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I'm really trying to like these couples. Why will I not be surprised it becomes a blur with same scenes from the last few seasons with different people?

I'm holding out hope for Krysten/Mitch and Lindy/Miguel but it is too soon for someone named "Lindy" after last season!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

How awkward was that with Justin & his bro??? I'm concerned. Looks like Justin isn't the great communicator he claims to be. It didn't have to go left like that. All Justin had to say was he heard him & would like to hear him speak positively. They got amped up OVER WHAT?!! Hella weird. That's a very bad, embarrassing first on the show. Well. At least his wife also contributed a first with her dramatic crying before the ceremony.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

I just started watching and Miguel's Dungeons and Dragon friends are confusing me.

One is dressed as a sea captain and the other is a Wall Street Banker? Does Middle Earth have a lot of Wall Street Banking Wizards?

To top it off, Miguel seems to be dressed as an Ewok.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, sara416 said:

I'm getting Jenelle James vibes from Alexis. Or maybe just her Abbot Elementary character Ava. I haven't seen JJ in anything else so I don't know how close her mannerisms are to her character. It's not a bad thing necessarily, just noticeable. 

Not close. I’ve been following James’s comedy for a while (she has a special on Netflix, if anybody is interested).

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Miguel and Mitch are attractive.   We'll see what their personalities are like  

I thought Mitch was okay until he started talking about throwing tantrums over water. He seems like he may be abrasive. Miguel seems more mild-mannered - if anything, too mild-mannered given what his friend said about him getting run over in relationships.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Miguel and Mitch are attractive. 

I think I'm more projecting the "personality/lifestyle" issues that spill over into the "looks department" for miguel and mitch.

Miguel with the "costume/games" lifestyle and Mitch with the environmental obsession.

The more I think of it, the more I don't think ANY of these matches are going to make it to the "finish line."

I am, however, committed to spending my time watching them flounder through the episodes😄

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I thought Mitch was okay until he started talking about throwing tantrums over water.

Yeah, when he said that I wondered if he really meant it or if he was joking.  If it's the former, then I'm really disappointed in him.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Looked like they could have been tuna steaks too, which are not cheap

Local here. We get the best, freshest tuna for very cheap! It's a total perk of living in San Diego.

I have absolutely nothing else to contribute because I was so bored I didn't make it all the way through. It is fun seeing the locations around town though. The weddings are at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, which is a surprisingly classy venue for this show.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Three hours and we got only one wedding.  Be prepared for another 765-episodes seasons ya’ll!  
I didn’t see any loathing or even dislike from Alexis about Justin. Her only comment was about his height.  I didn’t see her listing off all of the things she dislikes about him, as other posters indicated.  
Although I sure will agree that these people are very poorly matched.  

• Love 3

It looks like only the guys got strippers. I personally would do away with all the stripping even though I have nothing against strippers.

Am I the last woman in America who does not know how to work a pole?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It looks like only the guys got strippers. I personally would do away with all the stripping even though I have nothing against strippers.

The women had Morgan who knew how to work the top of the bar…collecting money on the way 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, glitterpussy said:

Local here. We get the best, freshest tuna for very cheap! It's a total perk of living in San Diego.

Huge perk! I really like San Diego. A lot of people on the forum have asked “what’s with all the athleticism this season” and in my observation visiting, people are really active there. I went for a conference once and there’s a steep flight of stairs next to the convention center and people were just running up and down it all day long. Plus there’s beach sports, good weather for biking & running, etc. my cousin lives there & he’s an avid surfer, and his daughter is a total beach bunny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It's more investment in a STRANGER. 😬 I wanna know why they did. Maybe the show "suggested" it. 🤔

I think they are product placed - the jeweler either gives them to the show or sells them to the grooms at a heavy discount in exchange for advertising. I don't think the individual grooms did much of the "investing."

No kidding?  It was pretty good compared to MAFS.  They should have given it more of a chance.  I hate that these shows aren’t real anymore, like in the very beginning.  What’s the sense?  A few got through the cracks tho.  Very few.

No kidding. I can't remember where I read it or I would link.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Okay, I finally got through the damn thing.

Glaciers have melted and children have been born and graduated college in the time it took to finish this first episode.

Alexis and Justin seemed too cute at the alter. It was probably one of the best alter meet-ups in MAFS history.

He is over the moon about his new bride. I can kind of sympathize with her as I too do not find Justin attractive despite all the women dying to get in his bed.

However, he was just so damn happy and has a great smile. I hope she gives him a fair chance.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Not close. I’ve been following James’s comedy for a while (she has a special on Netflix, if anybody is interested).

I'll check it out, thanks! Abott Elementary is hands down the best new show I've seen in a long time and I find Ava hysterical. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I can kind of sympathize with her as I too do not find Justin attractive despite all the women dying to get in his bed.

That's what he said.  I'd like to hear from the women. 😄

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

MAFS AUs hasn't been cancelled IIRC. It's just on a different Lifetime channel.

Also, Miguel is cute; I hope he's not an asshole.

Edited by PupCal
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

San Diego is my hometown. I enjoyed seeing the background scenery and figuring out which beach and which pier they were at when they were walking on the beach. I saw South Mission, Del Mar, Coronado, Pacific Beach, Black's Beach, La Jolla Cove. I'm disappointed none of the folks are from San Diego or have lived here awhile, at least. They are all recent transplants. Yes. People are physically active here. It's part of the lifestyle and the perfect weather lends itself to participating in outdoor activities.  Beautiful city. As for the couples, doesn't look promising this season. So what's new?

• Like 3
  • Love 6
On 7/6/2022 at 9:07 PM, Crashcourse said:

Stacia, honey, you look ok but you're not as hot as you seem to think you are. 

The entire cast is unattractive. Stacia has a horse face and so does Nate. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I didn’t see any loathing or even dislike from Alexis about Justin. Her only comment was about his height.  I didn’t see her listing off all of the things she dislikes about him, as other posters indicated.  

I didn't see dislike either, but she did comment that his high-fiving her (which seemed like cute bonding at the altar) was "corny", and said he wasn't her type physically. I just sense a situation where an early lack of attraction may doom them from the start despite the commonalities. Considering how smitten Justin appears, I feel bad for him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If he was really a nice guy there would be no need to make a scene over something so petty, just ask politely, it costs nothing and will get you a lot further as well as your cup full quicker. 

With no spit in it.

My opinion of Mitch took a sharp nosedive with this episode.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I can work a polling place like nobody's business. And a Polish pierogi. 

Slid down a fireman's pole once, but not stylishly. No double entendre intended. 😮

• LOL 8