Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: So Ready in SoCal

• Start Topic

Where was her dog in his little suit? 🤔 Maybe we'll see him next week. Y'all hear Justin describe his "perfect" wife before Alexis walked out? He said caramel complexion, natural hair, brown eyes, & soft voice. 😬😅

• Wink 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

These people all profess to be so ready and self-examined but if they're not seeing their true selves they're not going to be right about who they think they are.  They want to be who they think they are but they aren't, IMHO.  Plus most of them look like they have spent many years sleeping around swiping left and right and not necessarily into a lifelong commitment.  Now suddenly they think they're ready.  Not buying it. 

What they say: "I've tried the dating pool, but now I'm ready for a real commitment."

What they mean: "I've run through everyone on Tinder, and now I want to up my options by getting reality-show famous!"

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Miguel and Mitch are attractive.   We'll see what their personalities are like  

Justin isn't attractive but maybe his personality might make up for it.  He needs to stop talking about his "package" though.  That's a huge turnoff.

Nate isn't as hot as he seems to think he is, just like Stacia.

Binh isn't ugly, but he needs a new hairstyle.

Agreed. 

I don't find Justin unattractive, just kind of young and baby-faced. He seems like a nice, genuine person. Just never say "package" again, even when you're getting Amazon deliveries.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2022 at 7:31 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m on the fence about watching this new season. Last season was just so needlessly long and terrible and stupid and repetitious and did I mention stupid? I regret wasting all those hours of my life. And the experts don’t have clue, but that’s old news.

I couldn’t agree more, this show is getting more and more drawn out, boring and repetitious.  I think they should take a break of at least a couple of months or so between seasons.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It does - I actually do try to do my laundry early in the morning (perk of remote work - I do it when I get up on a weekday) and run the dishwasher at night, and I have been known to do outside activities in summer or go to the movies so I’m not home using the AC all the time (but if I’m home and it’s hot, I use it). Binh is … cheap, though - he gave a GF socks as an anniversary gift? Come on. His frugality and the other guy’s environmentalism require a very specific partner - you have to be aligned on those things because they affect every aspect of your lives. And the environmentalist wasn’t making a good case for himself - I think he said he has a “really inappropriate sense of humor.”

The one whose wedding was called off needs to maybe make better choices. She picked a dude who lived on a friend’s couch and spent her life savings on the wedding? I assume her ex didn’t contribute any money.

His friend was giving him real constructive criticism… with elf ears on. It was killing me.

I like her the best. When she was trying to be tactful about Lindy and the producer was like “girl, give me the real” and then she did, I cracked up. I didn’t like any of the dresses she tried on though.

It was floating around Twitter that Justin used to be heavy and lost a lot of weight, FWIW.

I skipped the last hour (it’s recorded, I’ll watch it tonight). Three hours is way too long.

I have just started reading the comments here and watched the show last night.  I actually wondered if Justin has Marfan Syndrome but hadn’t considered weight loss.  He has a totally different build than his brother which makes me lean to Marfan.

Three hours was way too long and because I recorded was able to f/f the commercials and I still dozed off several times 🥱

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, endure said:

I have just started reading the comments here and watched the show last night.  I actually wondered if Justin has Marfan Syndrome but hadn’t considered weight loss.  He has a totally different build than his brother which makes me lean to Marfan.

I was thinking totally different fathers.

Nate seems shady AF.

Alexis is giving me some Michaela vibes with her histrionics. I couldn't get over her complaining that Justin was TOO tall. Good grief girl!

Krysten seems okay but looks like a bathroom hair dye job gone wrong. And from the previews her dad uses the same colour.

Edited by lizajane
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kikicat said:

Agreed. 

I don't find Justin unattractive, just kind of young and baby-faced. He seems like a nice, genuine person. Just never say "package" again, even when you're getting Amazon deliveries.

I wouldn't hold my breath. He wants EVERYONE to know! The producers, the experts, the other husbands... That leaves the wedding party & after wedding brunch party. All of her friends & family MUST know! We'll see. 😉😅😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So hard to watch them at the altar! Her squealing at her mom when he greeted her. Her standing faaaar away. (WHY do some brides do that???) Her asking if she had lipstick on her teeth, like any could be seen. She was doing TOO MUCH! He was adorable with his dancing & compliments. They shouldn't pause so long at the end because they always think it's time to kiss after they're pronounced husband & wife. 🤣 She was good reassuring him that him previously being engaged didn't concern her, but messed up by dissing his high-fives.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Alexis wanted a tall athletic guy, she got a too tall guy that can't even play volleyball. I don't like their chances.

Mitch bitches about his water glass at restaurants. I wonder how many "special" entrees he has received over the years? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, qtpye said:

It looks like only the guys got strippers. I personally would do away with all the stripping even though I have nothing against strippers.

Am I the last woman in America who does not know how to work a pole?

You are not.  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. He wants EVERYONE to know! The producers, the experts, the other husbands... That leaves the wedding party & after wedding brunch party. All of her friends & family MUST know! We'll see. 😉😅😂

And she wants all those same people to know she was proposed to THREE TIMES!  Three, mind you.......

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Alexis is giving me some Michaela vibes with her histrionics. I couldn't get over her complaining that Justin was TOO tall. Good grief girl!

For me, it was the loud, braying, screeching laugh. Drove me nuts. For the wedding, I'll chalk it up to nerves but if that's her everyday expression, it's going to drive me nuts.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Alexis wanted a tall athletic guy, she got a too tall guy that can't even play volleyball. I don't like their chances.

Mitch bitches about his water glass at restaurants. I wonder how many "special" entrees he has received over the years? 

How tall is Alexis?  She seemed right up there walking down the aisle with him!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bref said:

I didn't see dislike either, but she did comment that his high-fiving her (which seemed like cute bonding at the altar) was "corny",

I remember a couple who high-fived at the altar in 1988, and I thought it was cute.  But that was waaaay before every. single. thing. in. the. world. warranted a high-five.

I hate high-fives, and if someone doesn't pick up on my scowl as their arm goes up, I'll leave them hanging.

So when she complained about his constant high-fiving, I kind of cheered.

Also, I thought it was hilarious that his brother said he was a crybaby when he was little, and Justin protested.  And proceeded to cry what, three times in this episode?  And on the after-show, too.

18 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought Mitch was okay until he started talking about throwing tantrums over water.

I've seen several references to this, but somehow missed it on the show.  Would someone be so kind as to summarize his problem?  Something about getting water refills in restaurants??

9 hours ago, endure said:

It was hard to hear, but he said his grandmother was six feet tall, and "the guy in the wheelchair" (sitting next to his mother and identified as his uncle) was 6'11" tall.  (The captions said "my dad in the wheelchair"--they're wrong.)

But that would be height on his mother's side, not his father's.  Whatever--he comes from very tall people.

And I think he's cute, but I have a soft spot for super tall black beanpoles.

1 hour ago, Allison1 said:

And she wants all those same people to know she was proposed to THREE TIMES!  Three, mind you.......

She identified the three proposers, and one was a college romance or something like that, and one was a college friend.  I'm not sure the friend's proposal should be counted.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I've seen several references to this, but somehow missed it on the show.  Would someone be so kind as to summarize his problem?  Something about getting water refills in restaurants??

I think he said something to the effect of having flipped out in a restaurant before when he brings a reusable cup for water and they don't want to fill it and instead want to give him a new cup. Or something. It was a quick reference and easy to miss.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Mitch bitches about his water glass at restaurants.

I'm going to have to watch again and find his comment. I interpreted it differently than most of you here did, but even my interpretation doesn't really make sense. With him being so eco- conscious, I thought he meant that he brought his own water bottle to restaurants and such and that the establishments maybe didn't want to refill it. We had a friend who had 6 sons and was super cheap.  I mean, I get that 6 kids are a lot and cost a lot of $ to raise, but he would go to Burger King with used Burger King cups from a previous visit and he would just fill the cups up at the soda station b/c there were free refills. That might be something Binh would consider. But yeah, unless I totally misheard what Mitch said, it doesn't make any sense that he would have a hissy fit over his water glass not being refilled. They don't charge for water anyway, at least not where I live. 

ETA: Just saw @Elizzikra post before mine now.  What she said is what I was trying to explain. 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

How tall is Alexis?

I think she might be 5' 10 " tall. I don't know if I read that somewhere or it was said. Her mother looked pretty tall, as well, walking with her down the aisle.  So, if Justin is 6'8" tall, then he is 10 inches taller than her. A sizeable difference but not terrible. Mr. ECM is 6'2" and I am 5'4", which is the same 10-inch difference, and I don't find him to be too tall, especially if I am wearing a little heel, which at my age, I no longer do.  Plus, we've both shrunk over the years. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, kristen111 said:

No air conditioning?  I’d be out in two seconds.  They pick a Penny pincher?  Not good.%

If Bihn lives near the beach, it's probably okay most of the time as it's a pretty mild climate there year round; however, with him being such a cheap ass, he probably lives inland and that definitely gets hotter. But the thing that pissed me off the most was the comment about giving his bride socks for christmas and birthdays. I really hope he was joking, but knowing this show, probably not.

All of these people are terrible. Just terrible. Only one I like at this point is Miguel, and he's been shown wearing a bear costume more than without! And that poem! Oof........

Hey - did anyone catch that Alexis has been proposed to THREE TIMES????? Good lord, you could make a drinking game out of how many times she mentioned it. Nobody cares girl. Let it go. I do think she is pretty, but her style is......something. The girl get together outfit, bachelorette party getup, and the wedding dress -  all bad. Her wedding dress might be my least favorite in MAFS history. The boob pads were hideous, and the waist area made her look bigger. It looked very cheap. Her hair and makeup were beautiful though. At least Justin thought she looked good. But no, these two are not going to make it.

I am watching this disaster mostly to snark. When people make comments about "marriage is for ever!" I'm like, "Or eight weeks"..........

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I thought Alexis & Justin’s wedding was really sweet (when she was singing to her dog, I cracked up) and then she was like “he’s not awful,” I thought “OUCH.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, geej said:

Socks???? I thought he said "stocks" and wondered why that would be cheap. he said socks?! oh my!. He best not ask to share ice cubes.

I'm actually pretty sure he did say stocks. :) If I recall correctly, it was said in the context of him discussing building wealth for the future, which socks would not do. :D

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, bref said:

I'm actually pretty sure he did say stocks. :) If I recall correctly, it was said in the context of him discussing building wealth for the future, which socks would not do. :D

Okay, if it was stocks I take back my indignation. I would be happy with stocks as a gift - but that’s something you need to know about the person before you give it to them.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Okay, if it was stocks I take back my indignation. I would be happy with stocks as a gift - but that’s something you need to know about the person before you give it to them.

It's still problematic in that it's a gift that the giver want to give, rather than what the recipient actually wants to receive.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:36 PM, bref said:

That's quite the MOB dress on Alexis' mama.

That dress was so inappropriate, as though she was trying to put some of the attention back on her other "girls"!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, geej said:

Socks???? I thought he said "stocks" and wondered why that would be cheap. he said socks?! oh my!. He best not ask to share ice cubes.

That was the best laugh I’ve had in a long time.  Stocks. Lol. The experts pick a cheap guy.  Yeah, that will go over well.  Now we know definitely, this show is scripted.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, geej said:

I distinctly heard him say "stocks" and he also said "bitcoin."  Not romantic but not necessarily cheap either! Am I hallucinating?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

It's still problematic in that it's a gift that the giver want to give, rather than what the recipient actually wants to receive.

That’s what I mean when I say you should know that a person would like that kind of gift before you give it. My best friend would hate that gift; she likes pretty things. Not necessarily expensive things, but pretty things.

3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

That dress was so inappropriate, as though she was trying to put some of the attention back on her other "girls"!

I said aloud “That’s a lot of cleavage” when she showed up. The dress itself was pretty (the color matched the bridesmaids) but I thought it showed too much.

I wonder why they had Alexis tell a group of only men that she’d been matched? She has two or three sisters and at least one close woman friend.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2022 at 10:23 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I stopped watching the latest iteration of MAFS Australia because it became too inane and obviously scripted and haven’t looked back. We’ll see.

I noped out of Australia because I couldn't stand to look at the women's butt-lips anymore. 🙄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2022 at 11:19 AM, kristen111 said:

I have one thing to say tho.  Kudos to whoever wrote those vows Alexis said to Justin.  They brought me to tears.  The most beautiful vows ever.  Actually, I loved everything about their wedding .. the braid and jumping the broom.

They admitted it was Google! 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, glitterpussy said:

Local here. We get the best, freshest tuna for very cheap! It's a total perk of living in San Diego.

Of course! That's the last time we give Binh the benefit of the doubt. 

(It was probably socks.) 🙄

14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

How tall is Alexis?  She seemed right up there walking down the aisle with him!

She said 5' 10" in a previous episode. 

Re: Mitch's cup refills....He didn't actually mention water. He said "I'm the guy that causes a scene at a cafe because they won't fill my cup." He probably takes his tumbler with him to coffee shops so that they don't use a plastic cup, but they refuse because of cross-contamination. I'll be looking out on social media for any viral videos of Mitch's "Karen Moments."

"I'm fiery. I don't compromise on my integrity."

I dont like Mitch!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm watching Ali Velshi right now on MSNBC, and Stacia could pass for his twin sister.

image.png.a1a6064008ae4eebae654a0f2e548c4f.png

This is now a comedy show, hahaha.  Put a wig on him and some lipstick.

• LOL 4

I am going to watch this season, but I won't get emotionally invested.  The past three seasons, we had 15 couples and only two couples (Vinnie & Brianna and Ola & Katina) are still together.  What's the point?!

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 7/6/2022 at 11:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

She's a pretty woman, very tall, but she's super curvy/largish. Justin is super tall but very thin. I was worried that he wouldn't be attracted to her, but was wrong. He seems enamored and thinks she's gorgeous. She, otoh,is not attracted to him physically as he's not her type. I always feel so bad in these situations.  

They are supposed to be agreeable to looking outside of their box.  Also, while I could say I have a "type" I also have dated outside that and found other men attractive.  And all we heard from her was "tall . . tall . . tall" so that's what she got.  Does she think at all when she's complaining about him that they might like each other and then his feelings will be hurt?  Or is she just here to present her obnoxious self to a tv audience?  I don't like her.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:13 AM, Ms.C. said:

Anybody else bored?  Really it just goes on too long.  Am hour of “cute” then a couple weddings.  Soo drawn out.  

Stretch it out over a few days and it's much easier 😄

On 7/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, Empress1 said:

Looked like they could have been tuna steaks too, which are not cheap. I am all for living within your means and saving, but most financial advisors (real ones, not randoms on LLC Twitter) will tell you that living on a budget that denies you any and all pleasures isn’t sustainable. If Binh busts out a whiteboard a la Jose, I’m going to throw the remote.

I'm giving him a chance - this might just be what production decided would be his "problem" this season - if they discuss it endlessly we'll know.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, seacliffsal said:

I forgot to mention that it never works out when one person is expecting the other person to help de-escalate them (Lindy).  No, just no.  If someone knows they have to de-escalate themselves and calm themselves, then it is up to them to learn to do so-don't put that kind of expectation and responsibility onto someone else.  

Ditto with those who need someone able to "handle" them.  If you're not in a wheelchair or something, and the only thing that needs to be "handled" is your behavior - learn how to act right!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

They admitted it was Google! 

Damn!  Is anything on this stupid show the truth?  What’s the sense in watching?  Big waste of time, and the commercials are ridiculous.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2022 at 1:02 AM, ChiCricket said:

I noped out of Australia because I couldn't stand to look at the women's butt-lips anymore. 🙄

They took it off and put it on another site.  Then, I think it went off.  I actually liked it better .. then they started to screw with it, as usual.  I’m disgusted with these shows.  Sponsors are having a field day.

• Like 1
On 7/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, Matty said:

San Diego is my hometown. I enjoyed seeing the background scenery and figuring out which beach and which pier they were at when they were walking on the beach. I saw South Mission, Del Mar, Coronado, Pacific Beach, Black's Beach, La Jolla Cove.

I also enjoy figuring out the locations. I saw Sunset Cliffs, El Prez in PB (the bachelorette party), and the Pink Rose Cafe in downtown La Mesa (Stacia & her mother were there).

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tayllor said:

I also enjoy figuring out the locations. I saw Sunset Cliffs, El Prez in PB (the bachelorette party), and the Pink Rose Cafe in downtown La Mesa (Stacia & her mother were there).

That’s the only reason I’m watching .. to see San Diago.  Being from N.Y., I’ve always wanted to drive all the way up U.S. 1  in California thru all the towns.

• Love 4

At least Alexis expressed her incompatibility with Lindy to the camera, AWAY from her & didn't tell others, apparently. Unlike drunk Lindsey dissing Alyssa practically in front of her face. 🤪🤣

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Just watched this yesterday but did anyone else notice the tennis shoes on the one pastor officiating the wedding? They were purple with gold soles to match the rest of his outfit, now THAT is being committed to your look.

Pastor Cal better get some new kicks...

• LOL 1
On 7/8/2022 at 2:53 AM, Lindz said:

The "entertainment" at the Bachelor party was too much. The whip & leash coupled with Nate's "command" was so icky. 😳😬

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that: "get on your knees" it was horrifying. And she TOTALLY did, awful.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
On 7/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

Just watched this yesterday but did anyone else notice the tennis shoes on the one pastor officiating the wedding? They were purple with gold soles to match the rest of his outfit, now THAT is being committed to your look.

I didn’t but I think I saw Greek lettering on his vestments - he’s likely an Omega Psi Phi, a historically Black fraternity whose colors are royal purple and gold. Black Greeks tend to rep pretty hard.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I'm binge-watching season 15 of MAFS and I wanted to say that Justin reminds me so much of Gary from Big Brother Canada, if you watch BB Can you must know him. Every time I see Justin, I'm shocked with the resemblance lol