Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/23/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, Prairie Rose said:

She did say it was "pretty obvious" that Biden had won. The Daily Beast rightfully called the entire guest appearance as "a trainwreck", and the article gives the entire play by play.

So she didn't actually say "Trump lost", thought not.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FaginZorro said:

It is vomit-worthy to see how BOTH Alyssa Farah and Kellyanne are seeking to re position themselves and their actions during the Trump admin to be palatable to mainstream audiences. Both of them are retconning to contort themselves into acceptance and bigger platforms and paychecks. They uttered platitudes about being good parents (Kellyanne), loyalty to their staff (Alyssa Farrah), about how working for Trump was a chance to finally attain prominence and influence that had been denied to them  (KAC)  and other bull, bull, blah, blah, blah. They were ready to eat each other at one point, at which I switched to another channel. But during the four years of the Trump admin they both were front and center in all of the horror. It was ludicrous that they picked at each other about the specific dates of their respective defections. Hoo boy...

Good for Whoopie for shutting down the booing of Kellyanne. This is what the moderator is supposed to do.

Bad for Whoopie for openly snorting at some BS Kellyanne said (I forget specifically what as there was so much).

Bad for Sara in showing poor form in coming on strong with her first question -- with no welcome or howdy doo..

Good for KAC in responding first that she was pleased to be with them -- and then addressing Sara's question. It is useful to maintain the veneer of politeness even though KAC is really a ball of self interest.

Add Grisham to that list!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Kellyanne was in Megan mode today!!

I’m pretty sure this visit will not help her book sales. 
Not a fan….

There's only one good use for books written by the likes of Meghan and Kellyanne - kitty litter!!!!!

• LOL 4

Well, at least one thing happened today. 

In this crazy, mixed-up world, at least I can still count on one thing....and that one thing is?!

KAC is still the rudest, vilest, most insufferable cu*t on the planet.

Sorry...that's three things. She out-Meghaned Meghan...no small feat!!!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

There's only one good use for books written by the likes of Meghan and Kellyanne - kitty litter!!!!!

yeah, i was thinking save it for the next toilet paper shortage to rip out pages and use

such a vile woman

why did they think they needed to invite her?

• Love 10
On 5/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, After7Only said:

I took Sunny's comments as pointing out the hypocrisy of the church, not as deflecting on the issue.    They were criticizing the bishop for not giving Pelosi communion because she's pro-choice.   But that same Bishop gave communion to a republican governor who supports the death penalty.   It didn't come across as clear as it could because Whoopi was also confused on Sunny's point.   But she was saying if the bishop denies communion to Pelosi he should also deny it to the governor who supports the death penalty.   

I took it the same way.  It was pretty clear to me what Sunny was saying. Whoopi definitely confused the conversation.  

The hypocrisy of the bishop and others in the church should be called out. Not just on one subject,  but in all the ways they try politicize or cover things up.

Someone up thread said Sunny was trying to cover up the molestation scandals in the church. So ridiculous.  You can dislike Sunny but that dosen't sound anything like Sunny and what she stands for.

• Love 9
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

According to the mindset of Trump’s hangers on he won the election. Using this logic,Al Gore won the 2000 election. 

It also means Trump can’t run for a third term if he’s already serving his second term.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 16
On 5/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, KittyQ said:

Haha! Sunny's deflection into other issues and politicians was like a person saying, "Look over there! What's that???" hoping to change the conversation. The issue is between Pelosi and the church (or more specifically, the church she goes to when she's home). Muddying the water with death penalty and other states didn't clarify anything.

Hahaha tm Jaida Essence Hall, on one of the best ever debates on RPDR!  I bet Jeff Goldblum agrees he was so drawn in haha

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think it got muffled in the general mayhem but KAC actually muttered “I think the audience was actually booing Biden sitting in his basement.” How pathetic is she? No, they weren’t.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Hahaha tm Jaida Essence Hall, on one of the best ever debates on RPDR!  I bet Jeff Goldblum agrees he was so drawn in haha

I thought it was so random when JEH did that and, yet, now she seems to be mostly remembered for that. 

Today's show was entertaining.

Loved the fight. 

I always dislike seeing Sunny's pretentious, smug, judgmental face when she's calling out whichever Republican-of-the-day is sitting to her left, so I was glad to hear Whoopi (and Sara!) shut her down and tell her to let Alyssa answer. Although, I do find it confusing about on how she thinks 1 person, 1 vote equals mob mentality. I disagree, but I like hearing differing opinions.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, FaginZorro said:

Good for Whoopie for shutting down the booing of Kellyanne. This is what the moderator is supposed to do.

Bad for Whoopie for openly snorting at some BS Kellyanne said (I forget specifically what as there was so much).

And therein lies our biggest hypocrite talking out of both sides of her mouth. So much for listening to everyone's View 🙄

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rightside said:

The cross talk had cross talk today.

Let the audience boo KAC.  She's awful.

yeah, when whoopi chastised them for booing and said that this witch was just stating her opinion, that's what we do on this show, i was yelling - well, the audience was just stating their opinion.  let them boo.  i was booing along with them!

• Love 13
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

And therein lies our biggest hypocrite talking out of both sides of her mouth. So much for listening to everyone's View 🙄

Not everything KAC was saying was her "view". Some of what she was saying was just flat out alternative facts  disinformation.  

I've read a lot of books about Trump and his administration.  I even read Stephanie Grisham's.  But I would sooner read graffiti on a bathroom wall than read Kelly Ann Conway's book.  

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Someone up thread said Sunny was trying to cover up the molestation scandals in the church. So ridiculous.  You can dislike Sunny but that dosen't sound anything like Sunny and what she stands for.

I presume you mean me but that is not what I said.

Here is my exact quote, "Sunny was trying to be a good catholic & move the conversation away from the child molesting cover up church that she is part of".

In no way shape or form did I say that Sunny was trying to cover it up but that like most good catholics she was trying to move the conversation away from the church. I have no doubt that she wouldn't or couldn't cover up for her church, she knows there are bad people everywhere but it was not the topic of conversation & like the good lawyer she is she obviously didn't want to discuss it without notes & some poll numbers to throw out there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I've read a lot of books about Trump and his administration.  I even read Stephanie Grisham's.  But I would sooner read graffiti on a bathroom wall than read Kelly Ann Conway's book.  

I would rather read what it says on a tube of hemorrhoid cream than one page of her wretched book. Just foul beyond belief!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I love Joy, but she's been killing me with the constant interrupting.

I've felt that way about Whoopi hemming and hawing whenever Sunny is speaking the past two days, especially when she confused the abortion discussion Monday. She did it again while Sunny was talking about her personal connection to someone there today. How annoying to come into today's show looking forward to having the original co-hosts back and have to deal with her neverending ego and jealousy issues.

I guess the original cast will be here tomorrow; the one consolation is one less day with Alyssa Farrah than previously planned. Whoopi's meaningless kumbaya platitude Yoda act is never more hollow than on days like today. Joy was right that even people like Romney and Cheney have and will block any action on gun reform, Whoopi should stick to stuffing her face with crumpets and shut up. No idea why Ana's hair looks like she walked out of a tornado today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I've felt that way about Whoopi hemming and hawing whenever Sunny is speaking the past two days, especially when she confused the abortion discussion Monday.

I'm with you.  While I've only noticed Joy's constant interrupting of everyone on the panel the past year or so, I've witnessed Whoopi's obfuscation of facts, misunderstandings of topics and downright misinformation for years now.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

No idea why Ana's hair looks like she walked out of a tornado today.

Her hair was too poofy on top but still a million times better than some of hairstyles Sara has worn.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, limestation said:

I would rather read what it says on a tube of hemorrhoid cream than one page of her wretched book. Just foul beyond belief!

At least the words on a tube of hemorrhoid cream are useful!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, TimWil said:

I think it got muffled in the general mayhem but KAC actually muttered “I think the audience was actually booing Biden sitting in his basement.” How pathetic is she? No, they weren’t.

I assumed they were booing that she made such a stupid comment about Pres. biden.  That was that theme in Trumps campaign when Biden was taking covid precautions.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, when whoopi chastised them for booing and said that this witch was just stating her opinion, that's what we do on this show, i was yelling - well, the audience was just stating their opinion.  let them boo.  i was booing along with them!

Exactly! And I really didn't like Whoopi's condescending tone.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm with you.  While I've only noticed Joy's constant interrupting of everyone on the panel the past year or so, I've witnessed Whoopi's obfuscation of facts, misunderstandings of topics and downright misinformation for years now.

When do they leave for summer vacation?   Is it this week?  I think they're getting annnntsy.  Not getting much sleep last night, feelings vacillating between just extreme sadness and anger.  Really mad REALLY MAD REALLY MAD!

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

When do they leave for summer vacation?   Is it this week?  I think they're getting annnntsy.  Not getting much sleep last night, feelings vacillating between just extreme sadness and anger.  Really mad REALLY MAD REALLY MAD!

I thought they just take off the month of august.  

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

When do they leave for summer vacation?   Is it this week?  I think they're getting annnntsy.  

They take the month of August off, come back after Labor Day.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

I can't believe that Joy said don't ever vote for republicans?

I'm sure there are a few republicans out there saying don't ever vote for a democrat.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I am fine with what Joy said. People in politics talk a lot about accountability. The only way I can hold the gun lobby accountable for their refusal to make even the smallest concession on gun control after 19 10-year-olds were murdered along with the two teachers who acted as human shields, is by refusing to vote for the party that supports them. It is a valid view that is held by many people. No one is saying the right can't exist, or speak, or be good people. But if they're going to take one sentence from a document from the 1700s and hold it above the lives of our kids, fuck them ever getting my vote. 

THANK YOU!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

fb_likes.jpg

• Love 15
(edited)

Beto is a constituent. He has every right to ask questions of the governor.

I’m with Joy that the Jan 6 committee hearings won’t make a difference. Most people won’t bother watching and they won’t change the minds of deniers. If people haven’t heard enough already to horrify them the hearings surely won’t. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I don’t think Sunny was thrilled that she had to start over when reading the legal note because Joy couldn’t control herself and interrupted her first attempt.  I know Joy is adored on this forum, but, her rudeness is really getting on my nerves.

• Love 14
(edited)

I have to agree with Joy, too, but I still plan to watch the hearings. I guess next week they'll be off due to Memorial Day, so see you all the week of the 6th!!!

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 1

glad to see the women of Potus, but what the heck was Julianne Hough wearing? that was a bizarre outfit

i love Joy but I think she is so rattled with what's going on with the world that she's unable to control herself and just butts in on conversations

does Whoopi have someone talking in her ear like Sunny does? if so, can they not tell her when she's spouting some thought that is not true? 

• Love 4

I agreed with Sunny today--too bad Abbott and those others don't show that kind of energy towards gun violence. Loved seeing Rachel Dratch and Vanessa Williams! Those Barbara and LL Cool J clips were worth showing again.

As for Joy interrupting Sunny's legal note, much ado about nothing to me. It was surprising Meadows' own lawyer was contradicting him. I personally thought Sunny started over to make sure she hadn't misread the statement and that the names were correct, since Sunny said a month or two back that she has trouble seeing the teleprompter at times.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I am fine with what Joy said. People in politics talk a lot about accountability. The only way I can hold the gun lobby accountable for their refusal to make even the smallest concession on gun control after 19 10-year-olds were murdered along with the two teachers who acted as human shields, is by refusing to vote for the party that supports them. It is a valid view that is held by many people. No one is saying the right can't exist, or speak, or be good people. But if they're going to take one sentence from a document from the 1700s and hold it above the lives of our kids, fuck them ever getting my vote. 

This. I think there's no doubt that what Joy said is true, that if you want something to be done about gun control, there's really only one option to make that happen. Whoopi's delusional if she thinks otherwise.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

. I personally thought Sunny started over to make sure she hadn't misread the statement and that the names were correct,

Yeah, it would have been ironic if Sunny had to read a legal note regarding the legal note she just read because she misread the teleprompter. I don't blame her or Joy for being confused since it was so weird. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, it would have been ironic if Sunny had to read a legal note regarding the legal note she just read because she misread the teleprompter. I don't blame her or Joy for being confused since it was so weird. 

It was oddly written - difficult to ascertain who was 'speaking'.  I don't blame either Joy or Sunny, but rather the person who type it in the teleprompter.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

but what the heck was Julianne Hough wearing? that was a bizarre outfit

C'mon, Cinsays, it was obvious that JH took her macrame project with her to work on it during the commercial break!😏

• LOL 2