Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/23/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 23 – Maury Povich (“Maury”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 24 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Kellyanne Conway (author, “Here’s the Deal: A Memoir”)  

Wednesday, May 25 – Joy Behar, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Debbie Matenopoulos reunite at the Essex House in NYC, the site of their audition for “The View” in 1997

Thursday, May 26 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Julianne Hough and Vanessa Williams (Broadway’s “POTUS”)

Friday, May 27 – (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/5/22) Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Queen Latifah (“The Equalizer”); Chef Marcela Valladolid

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Wednesday's show sounds awesome, and I plan to skip Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm out for Monday and Tuesday and definitely in for Wednesday.

• Love 2

Glad this week isn’t taped. I was worried they would take the week off since Wednesday is the reunion and they are off Friday (and presumably next week?).

I liked the weekend segment. Especially not first thing.

(edited)

Joy: “That isn’t a turn on to women, Teddy” - referring to Cruz wanting to criminalize abortion.  Me: LMAO!!! That alone made today’s show worth watching. 😂😂😂

Edited by jalady
For context, this was after they discussed him complaining about Pete Davidson getting all the “hot” women.
  • Love 6

Yeah, while the show wasn't perfect today (I felt like they didn't really hit the nail on the head of the opening topic), there were several funny moments for sure between Joy and Ana, the "Teddy" one being the best of those. I loved Sara pointing out that Pete Davidson defends his girlfriend against Kanye more than Ted Cruz ever defended his wife against Trump. Personally, I can see very well why Davidson is attractive, it's his laidback nature, he doesn't come across controlling at all.

Manny actually looked like he did pretty good in that dance, good for him.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, while the show wasn't perfect today (I felt like they didn't really hit the nail on the head of the opening topic), there were several funny moments for sure between Joy and Ana, the "Teddy" one being the best of those. I loved Sara pointing out that Pete Davidson defends his girlfriend against Kanye more than Ted Cruz ever defended his wife against Trump. Personally, I can see very well why Davidson is attractive, it's his laidback nature, he doesn't come across controlling at all.

Manny actually looked like he did pretty good in that dance, good for him.

He's cute, tall, funny, self-deprecating, known to be a nice guy and down for anything, loves his mama, appreciates women of different ages and body types, I totally get his appeal. 

Ariana Grande said he also has a big one, but he said it's only big in her tiny, little hands. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Ugh, Maury Povitch.  Surprised Sunny is a fan since the show is all about unfaithfulness.

Was he on because he's ending his show or to mention some award that Whooopie is getting so as to further pump up her enormous ego?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Ariana Grande said he also has a big one, but he said it's only big in her tiny, little hands. 

Size is relative.  But size does matter. And anyone who says it doesn't is either lying to themselves or their partner.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

He's cute, tall, funny, self-deprecating, known to be a nice guy and down for anything, loves his mama, appreciates women of different ages and body types, I totally get his appeal. 

That last part--I was going to say something along those lines, but didn't want to take a chance of going too far.... There's a specific phrase I was going to refer to (BDE). He has a similar thing to Harry Styles--it's the opposite of "high maintenance," and it can be fun to be around, I imagine. I have always found Davidson to be cute though, so...

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I have always found Davidson to be cute though, so...

I don't find him unattractive.  He just isn't my type.  I do however see why Kim K would find him appealing. Kanye was always so much drama Pete must be like a breath of fresh air.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That last part--I was going to say something along those lines, but didn't want to take a chance of going too far.... There's a specific phrase I was going to refer to (BDE). He has a similar thing to Harry Styles--it's the opposite of "high maintenance," and it can be fun to be around. I have always found Davidson to be cute though, so...

Yes, in all seriousness, that's his biggest appeal imo-fun to be around. Seems like there will be laughter, he'll be up for anything, and just a boyishly cute, fun guy. Some adults lose that spirit as they get older, and I think sometimes women a little older can miss it. I'm younger than Kim but still find men Pete's age a bit young for me. But a lot of men my age and up can be quite serious, and it can get boring. You're oftentimes dealing with ex-wife drama, kid drama, someone who wants to be hanging at the house all the time, etc. Not always lighthearted fun. Now Pete on the other hand has to deal with some of said issues with Kim. Not sure if you all have heard! 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, while the show wasn't perfect today (I felt like they didn't really hit the nail on the head of the opening topic), there were several funny moments for sure between Joy and Ana, the "Teddy" one being the best of those. 

Agree. Sunny is usually so clear, but I couldn't understand her word salad when she was talking about the church and its stance on abortion/death penalty with Abbott and Cruz who are for the death penalty, but against abortions. And when Whoopi was trying to say, I think, that it became a mess because the politicians made abortion a political issue, or something. And Sunny says, what about the death penalty.

Me: huh?

27 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Ugh, Maury Povitch.  Surprised Sunny is a fan since the show is all about unfaithfulness.

Was he on because he's ending his show or to mention some award that Whooopie is getting so as to further pump up her enormous ego?

Yes. He was on because his show is ending; and he wasn't on last week as he was supposed to, because he got COVID.

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Wasn't he scheduled for last Monday, but preempted for a Pres press conference?  Or i could be hallucinating.  He did say Covid.  The preemptions might have been a luck of timing.

(edited)

WTF is Joy squawking about only 4% of what ? Of priests are child molesters ? If I heard her right I have no words, like Anna said 1 is too many, never mind only 4%.

5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Agree. Sunny is usually so clear, but I couldn't understand her word salad when she was talking about the church and its stance on abortion/death penalty with Abbott and Cruz who are for the death penalty, but against abortions. And when Whoopi was trying to say, I think, that it became a mess because the politicians made abortion a political issue, or something. And Sunny says, what about the death penalty.

Sunny was trying to be a good catholic & move the conversation away from the child molesting cover up church that she is part of.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Ok i checked last weeks line up and he was scheduled for Tuesday.  I don't remember who was there in his place.  Hmmm was that the 'hour of hot topics'¿ 

Yeah, they wound up not having a guest at all that day.

20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Haha! Sunny's deflection into other issues and politicians was like a person saying, "Look over there! What's that???" hoping to change the conversation. The issue is between Pelosi and the church (or more specifically, the church she goes to when she's home). Muddying the water with death penalty and other states didn't clarify anything.

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Haha! Sunny's deflection into other issues and politicians was like a person saying, "Look over there! What's that???" hoping to change the conversation. The issue is between Pelosi and the church (or more specifically, the church she goes to when she's home). Muddying the water with death penalty and other states didn't clarify anything.

I took Sunny's comments as pointing out the hypocrisy of the church, not as deflecting on the issue.    They were criticizing the bishop for not giving Pelosi communion because she's pro-choice.   But that same Bishop gave communion to a republican governor who supports the death penalty.   It didn't come across as clear as it could because Whoopi was also confused on Sunny's point.   But she was saying if the bishop denies communion to Pelosi he should also deny it to the governor who supports the death penalty.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

All politics aside -

Ted Cruz, as a MAN, is pure slime. His poor wife and daughters, having to put up with such a misogynistic creep. 

What's so refreshing about Pete Davidson is at least he has a sense of humor about himself and he can laugh at himself. It's sure a good thing after these past few years of humorless men in the news.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It is a fairly prevalent argument related to the RC Church. The sacredness of human life doesn't relate to innocence nor age nor even desire to die. Catholics have often stated they believe capital punishment is a religious sin but the secular state may determine their own laws. Catholics are often kept off juries when the death penalty is a possibility for that reason--to decide that a person will be executed would be a sin just as to decide an egg should be aborted is a sin. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

“Mob rule?”  “Populist whims?”  Really, Alyssa?  Corporations and dark money already influence elections. Her argument why one person one vote is dangerous makes no sense.

Aaaand Kellyanne is next so I’m out. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14

oh please- are they really trying to say that was a respectful exchange?  It most certainly got personal when Kellyann accused  Allyssa of seeing her name in lights.   She has always been either delusional or a world class liar.  Remember, she ran ted cruz’s failed campaign before she signed on with trump. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

It is vomit-worthy to see how BOTH Alyssa Farah and Kellyanne are seeking to re position themselves and their actions during the Trump admin to be palatable to mainstream audiences. Both of them are retconning to contort themselves into acceptance and bigger platforms and paychecks. They uttered platitudes about being good parents (Kellyanne), loyalty to their staff (Alyssa Farrah), about how working for Trump was a chance to finally attain prominence and influence that had been denied to them  (KAC)  and other bull, bull, blah, blah, blah. They were ready to eat each other at one point, at which I switched to another channel. But during the four years of the Trump admin they both were front and center in all of the horror. It was ludicrous that they picked at each other about the specific dates of their respective defections. Hoo boy...

Good for Whoopie for shutting down the booing of Kellyanne. This is what the moderator is supposed to do.

Bad for Whoopie for openly snorting at some BS Kellyanne said (I forget specifically what as there was so much).

Bad for Sara in showing poor form in coming on strong with her first question -- with no welcome or howdy doo..

Good for KAC in responding first that she was pleased to be with them -- and then addressing Sara's question. It is useful to maintain the veneer of politeness even though KAC is really a ball of self interest.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, FaginZorro said:

Good for Whoopie for shutting down the booing of Kellyanne. This is what the moderator is supposed to do.

Bad for Whoopie for openly snorting at some BS Kellyanne said (I forget specifically what as there was so much).

It was like Whoopie's shutting down the audience, gave Kellyanne an opening to go full Kellyanne on the interview.  She started out sticking to talking about her book and her life.   After Whoopi shut down the crowd, she went into her usual schtick.    Kellyanne was just there for headlines not to sell books.   And she's definitely jealous of Alyssa.  

One of the funniest parts of the Kellyanne/Alyssa fight was watching Sunny's bemused look as it was going on.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, After7Only said:

It was like Whoopie's shutting down the audience, gave Kellyanne an opening to go full Kellyanne on the interview.  She started out sticking to talking about her book and her life.   After Whoopi shut down the crowd, she went into her usual schtick.    Kellyanne was just there for headlines not to sell books.   And she's definitely jealous of Alyssa.  

One of the funniest parts of the Kellyanne/Alyssa fight was watching Sunny's bemused look as it was going on.   

Did she, KAC, ever say that Trump lost the election or did she constantly run around the issue sucking on whatever he wants? I may have missed it.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Nah.  KAC has said and done so much to contribute to the divisiveness in this country she doesn't deserve to be treated with a veneer of politeness.  

Or be invited on ANY platform to spew her lies. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Teriacky said:

Kellyanne was in Megan mode today!!

I’m pretty sure this visit will not help her book sales. 
Not a fan….

Just thinking that this is the first time since Megan left that my blood pressure went up, and I yelled at the TV. Controversy is good for a show, but having an extraordinarily, nasty, rude liar on is not good. 

• Love 12
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Did she, KAC, ever say that Trump lost the election or did she constantly run around the issue sucking on whatever he wants? I may have missed it.

She did say it was "pretty obvious" that Biden had won. The Daily Beast called the entire guest appearance "a trainwreck", and the article gives the entire play by play.

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 3