Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/23/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Whoopi said she thinks maybe the Jan 6th hearings shouldn’t be televised? Screw you, Whoopi. Ever hear of the word “transparency” which is something televised hearings might actually provide? I’m getting really sick of Whoopi’s know-it-all brand of cynicism-it’s as irritating now as Bill Maher’s is. And potentially dangerous.

And oh yeah, Sara did well today. Good for her. She’s sometimes a little slow on the uptake but I think she’s right for this show.

And ANOTHER segment on the frigging Kardashians? Yeah, Whoopi makes fun of it but COME ON. ENOUGH.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Sunny today--too bad Abbott and those others don't show that kind of energy towards gun violence. Loved seeing Rachel Dratch and Vanessa Williams! Those Barbara and LL Cool J clips were worth showing again.

As for Joy interrupting Sunny's legal note, much ado about nothing to me. It was surprising Meadows' own lawyer was contradicting him. I personally thought Sunny started over to make sure she hadn't misread the statement and that the names were correct, since Sunny said a month or two back that she has trouble seeing the teleprompter at times.

Plus i think she read the quote marks the second time. I don't recall her saying them in the first one.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Haven’t seen today’s episode yet, but yesterday? The last time I saw Whoopi get so emotional and teary was when Robin Williams died. Seeing her fight the tears made me emotional and teary. And I loved her remark about the next person to spout “Hopes and Prayers” would get punched in the face. Because Seriously.

The clips of Senator Murphy hurt my heart because I know it won’t have any effect on any of the people who can help but won’t.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

In the next new show, Whoopi will probably mention Ray Liotta died. They did a movie together.

Cortina, Corrina. And yes I do hope she pays tribute to him. Too bad tomorrow is a rerun.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

During the  Jan 6th committee discussion and Alyssa saying they need to get the mid level people to testify, did Sara even say a word?

No but that was towards the end of the segment and only Alyssa, Whoopi and Sunny were engaged in that part of the discussion. Why do you ask that about Sara? Does she know any “mid level people” who might have to testify?

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, they are repeating a show from only 3 weeks ago?  I really don’t need to see Whoopi talking with food in her mouth again. Once was more than enough. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wait, they are repeating a show from only 3 weeks ago?  I really don’t need to see Whoopi talking with food in her mouth again. Once was more than enough. 

Totally agree. I was displeased with this episode the first time. 

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

They have 25 years of shows to choose from and this show is the one they chose to repeat?  I’m out.  See you next week!

Twenty five years. A retro episode would have been a better choice. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why didn’t they just show the taped reunion show they had planned on airing on Wed?

That’s exactly what I was wondering.

Possibly because today's episode had already been advertised as a rerun, and they were afraid people wouldn't tune in?

On 5/27/2022 at 10:06 AM, Glitches said:
On 5/27/2022 at 8:01 AM, Haleth said:

Totally agree. I was displeased with this episode the first time. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:07 AM, Bronzedog said:

They have 25 years of shows to choose from and this show is the one they chose to repeat?  I’m out.  See you next week!

Twenty five years. A retro episode would have been a better choice. 

What's WORSE...everyone, is that they repeated their Cinco de Mayo show.  Why is that "worse"?  Because May is Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month.  They couldn't even spend a little time to honor our Asian Americans, Pacific Americans, etc. and they showed Whoopi enjoying Mexican food.

9 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think they mentioned AAPI month twice in 28 days of shows.

And considering that there are 48 AAPI countries, they should have mentioned 2-3 countries per weekday! There are other celebratory months where The VIiew mentions some event or fun fact every single episode.

• Love 2