Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/2/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 2 – Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns (authors, “This Will Not Pass”)

Tuesday, May 3 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Jennifer Grey (author, “Out of the Corner”); Bad Bunny

Wednesday, May 4 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Minnie Driver (author, “Managing Expectations”); former co-host Paula Faris (CARRY Media)

Thursday, May 5 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Queen Latifah (“The Equalizer”); Chef Marcela Valladolid

Friday, May 6 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; The Political View with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) (author, “Persist”); Jane Fonda (“Grace and Frankie”)

• Love 1

I do like Lindsey...on Daily Blast Live. I'll give her another shot, mostly because I don't think she'll get the fifth chair anyway.

I am really looking forward to Monday's guests. Somehow I think the audience will be happy to get a free copy of their book, unlike when Chris Christie's book came out!

• Love 3

Actually, I don't get why Lindsey is getting another turn when any of her female DBL co-hosts - Samantha Schacher, Tory Shulman and Erica Cobb - could do much better. All are strong, intelligent and aware. Still, even someone like Amber Ruffin - an extroverted comedienne - couldn't fit in with the existing panel's dynamic. This seat is not as easy to fill as some of us thought.

• Love 3
On 4/29/2022 at 4:30 PM, Haleth said:

I used to get frustrated with Paula for her conservative views but after SWSNBN I’ve come to the opinion that she is delightful. 

Yep same here.  Didn't care for her at GMA.  She just bothered me.  But since she's left, and gone through the troubles that she has, she's much more personable. imho.  Less preachy. Again, imho.

6 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Actually, I don't get why Lindsey is getting another turn when any of her female DBL co-hosts - Samantha Schacher, Tory Shulman and Erica Cobb - could do much better. All are strong, intelligent and aware. Still, even someone like Amber Ruffin - an extroverted comedienne - couldn't fit in with the existing panel's dynamic. This seat is not as easy to fill as some of us thought.

Yea hope she's less screechy this go'round

• Love 1
12 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

What troubles are those?

she had the head injury, got really sick with the flu and had a miscarriage all around the same time. I also felt she was pretty mistreated by the view at the direction of Whoopi which pushed her away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, HerkyJerky said:

LOVE Paula Faris! She has a good sense of humor about herself and her joke of "ministry time" never gets old.🤗

Didn't Joy say Paula wasn't funny? I like that she was such a good sport about herself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Didn't Joy say Paula wasn't funny? I like that she was such a good sport about herself. 

Yes! Which lead to a segment where Paula did standup I believe?

I cringe a little when the moderator has to loop Sara into the conversation. Her cohosts should naturally let her have a say. But Ana and Sunny never do.

• Love 4

Two sgements down and they have spent the entire time talking about Whoopi's film project and the WHCD.  I feel like I'm stuck at someone's house viewing their vacation slides.  Sara was allowed 30 seconds to discuss her weekend.  Ana explained her attitude from last week chalking it up to not wanting to attend the WHCD.  Ana received the lions share of time during the segments.  I wonder how Sara feels about that.

Bonus:  Whoopi almost tops her health insurance bonafides by posing a question about rising fuel prices.  Mark Twain has a quote with you in mind.

Two authors - Bow tie giving me Tucker Carlson flashbacks.  Political gossip, Trump's a megalomaniac, Kamala wants respect.  

Awww, Naomi Judd --a short discussion on mental illness.  

VYD:  I've noticed Sunny and Sara are both hosting the segment lately.  Sara needs to start marking her area.  Sunny and Ana are moving in for the kill.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

Two sgements down and they have spent the entire time talking about Whoopi's film project and the WHCD.  I feel like I'm stuck at someone's house viewing their vacation slides. 

I started to comment about both then decided I really didn’t care enough to bother. 

27 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

nus:  Whoopi almost tops her health insurance bonafides by posing a question about rising fuel prices.

Yeah, this too.

Gee, neither Sunny or Ana mentioned seeing SWSNBN at the WHCD, or the joke told at her expense. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

They seem to be phasing out Sara.  She rarely talks.  When Whoopi calls on her it’s like an afterthought.

People underestimate the importance of someone like Sara at the table.  If they replace her with another militant personality rigid in their views, it's going to be a very unpleasant experience for the viewer.  I wish they would stop hiring based on politcal views.

If Barbara were up to the task she would not appear on this latest version of The View.  She was a journalist who always remained neutral.  She used to mention she and other journalists were registered Independents so as not to show  bias when reporting on political stories.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell said:

Sara was allowed 30 seconds to discuss her weekend.  Ana explained her attitude from last week chalking it up to not wanting to attend the WHCD.  Ana received the lions share of time during the segments.  I wonder how Sara feels about that.  

Sara seemed a little low energy today across the board.  She's gotten a lot better about jumping in when she has something to say.   But it felt like she didn't even watch the highlights of the WHCD, so she didn't have much to add to the discussion.   Her hair and dress today were gorgeous.  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Sara seemed a little low energy today across the board.  She's gotten a lot better about jumping in when she has something to say.   But it felt like she didn't even watch the highlights of the WHCD, so she didn't have much to add to the discussion.   Her hair and dress today were gorgeous.  

You misspelled "bored" lol.😄

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

But it felt like she didn't even watch the highlights of the WHCD, so she didn't have much to add to the discussion. 

I'd much rather someone not add to the conversation if they don't have anything to say on a particular topic.  SWSNBN never let a little thing like lack of knowledge stop her and it only served to make her look even more ignorant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, SusanM said:

I'd much rather someone not add to the conversation if they don't have anything to say on a particular topic.  SWSNBN never let a little thing like lack of knowledge stop her and it only served to make her look even more ignorant.

If she didn't like the topic, instead of saying nothing, SWSNBN would often waste 1-2 minutes ranting about how she didn't want to discuss the topic or choose a completely unrelated topic, throwing off the whole show.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13

Jesus Whoopi, check your oxygen levels.  What a tirade, I suppose she has yet to realize people tune out when someone starts yelling.  Not compelling or passionate just LOUD.  

• Love 1

He’s very handsome.

Whoopi was on fire but I don’t think we were falling over women giving themselves abortions in public bathrooms before Roe v Wade. Maybe I wasn’t in the same bathrooms as Whoopi. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

He’s very handsome.

Whoopi was on fire but I don’t think we were falling over women giving themselves abortions in public bathrooms before Roe v Wade. Maybe I wasn’t in the same bathrooms as Whoopi. 

As if Whoopi remembers anything prior to say yesterday.  If she had the same rant in a nursing home they'd sedate her.  

• LOL 2
Just now, Haleth said:

If you had money they were  happening discretely in doctor's offices.  If you didn't have a lot of money you were left with trying to find someone who would help you.  Watch the movie If These Walls Could Talk.  Demi Moore's character breaks my heart.  

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

If I remember correctly, Whoopi gave herself an abortion with a coat hanger. She knows of which she speaks.

She was also 13 years old when she did that to herself.

8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

If I remember correctly, Whoopi gave herself an abortion with a coat hanger. She knows of which she speaks.

'Speaks' being the operative word.  She was yelling and I tuned her out.  Life is not a movie set where you emote for effect.  I suppose many people love when someone becomes emotional but I thought Sunny was much more effective because she remained calm and presented the facts in an orderly manner.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He’s very handsome.

I'm pretty oblivious, but I think I would have noticed. I did know quite a few women who had prescriptive d and cs though. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

If you had money they were  happening discretely in doctor's offices.  If you didn't have a lot of money you were left with trying to find someone who would help you.  Watch the movie If These Walls Could Talk.  Demi Moore's character breaks my heart.  

Well, if you're in the mood for a feel good illegal abortion film, I'd go with Love With the Proper Stranger.  Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood?  Yes, please. 

I'll show myself out.

• Love 1
Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, I think Whoopi's earned the right to be upset about this subject.

Yes.  Given her history, I’d be surprised if she wasn’t emotional about the topic.

• Love 18
On 5/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, Bronzedog said:

They seem to be phasing out Sara.  She rarely talks.  When Whoopi calls on her it’s like an afterthought.

Sara has always been the weakest link on this show.

• Love 5
(edited)

10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

So, who was the safari hat guy?

That was Bad Bunny! I love him. I have the Bad Bunny crocs! One of my most valued possessions. I wear them in my single wide.

I lol'd when Joy asked, "Should I call you Mr. Bunny?"

Also, he is apparently a really nice and generous guy.

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/bad-bunny/#:~:text=With his continuous rise of,his help where he can.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
To add quote and link
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That was Bad Bunny! I love him. I have the Bad Bunny crocs! One of my most valued possessions. I wear them in my single wide.

Don't be modest you reside in a spacious double-wide, lol.

Off to my garden.  Maybe BB will lend me his outfit.

• Love 1