Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/2/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Um, no, Lindsey, Biden cannot end the filibuster. No, he cannot issue an executive order about it.  Please stick to the topic and quit talking so fast. It does not help prove your point.  And you go, Sunny, use this issue to get senators to vote for the women's protection act.

Ha!  And she retracts.

Yesterday I was thinking Lindsey isn’t so bad. Today I remember why I didn’t like her last time she was on.

Omigosh, Joy quoted one of my senators. I’d have plenty to say but don’t want to get banned. 

That really bothered me…she even doubled down on it before she had to backtrack.  I’m sure she knew that would be one of her points today so why didn’t she at least make sure she was correct.  I don’t like her either…and the fast talking is so annoying…exactly what you know who used to do.  I don’t mind someone being forceful in Their opinion but at least make sure you’re not making something up.  And does she really think he’s not been trying to rally and gather the troops all these months?  Hope she’s not the one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

The joke was epic!  I literally laughed out loud!

Everyone talks about it and I keep googling it but the only source that looks like it will quote the joke has a paywall.  Can someone please tell us what the joke was?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Everyone talks about it and I keep googling it but the only source that looks like it will quote the joke has a paywall.  Can someone please tell us what the joke was?

I can't remember where I read it but it was something like "I saw Meghan McCain talking to the bouncers making sure they knew who her father was". It was something like that.

Here it is: “This is an exclusive event,” he added. “In fact, coming in, I heard Meghan McCain telling the bouncer, ‘Do you know who my father was?!’ They were like, you have a ticket, you can come in, but she insisted on telling them who her father was anyway.”

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

That really bothered me…she even doubled down on it before she had to backtrack.  I’m sure she knew that would be one of her points today so why didn’t she at least make sure she was correct.  I don’t like her either…and the fast talking is so annoying…exactly what you know who used to do.  I don’t mind someone being forceful in Their opinion but at least make sure you’re not making something up.  And does she really think he’s not been trying to rally and gather the troops all these months?  Hope she’s not the one. 

She won't be the one. It'll be one of the "Storm Troopers" - Grisham and Griffin (who will be back next week and the week after, because ABC/Disney/the producers are completely out of touch and love to torture their audience). 

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, GloccaMorra said:

I'm curious whether ABC is going to announce McCain's replacement in the next few weeks during "May Ratings Sweeps" ? So far, I'm not impressed with those they've been auditioning. 

Neither am I. The only one I really liked was Jane Coaston. Mia Love didn't annoy me too much, but that was the best of a very sorry lot.

I actually have no idea when they will make an announcement, but I figure they want to do it before the season ends in early August. I can't imagine the existing panel wants to go on with a guest co-host every week for too much longer.

• Love 2

It seems like they are wanting to choose someone from the Trump admin, who has since 'turned on him' by writing a book (yawn).If they continue with this strategy, I'd wish they'd bring in Omarosa. She's been a guest before - bring her in as guest host. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I can't remember where I read it but it was something like "I saw Meghan McCain talking to the bouncers making sure they knew who her father was". It was something like that.

Here it is: “This is an exclusive event,” he added. “In fact, coming in, I heard Meghan McCain telling the bouncer, ‘Do you know who my father was?!’ They were like, you have a ticket, you can come in, but she insisted on telling them who her father was anyway.”

Trevor was a bit too on the nose there. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Trevor was a bit too on the nose there. 😂

Well it's funny because it's true. I wish they had shown her reaction.   I'm sure she had her sour puss face on.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Well it's funny because it's true. I wish they had shown her reaction.   I'm sure she had her sour puss face on.

The face where it looks like a cross between sucking on a lemon and smelling stinky fish? Oh yeah.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

It seems like they are wanting to choose someone from the Trump admin, who has since 'turned on him' by writing a book (yawn).If they continue with this strategy, I'd wish they'd bring in Omarosa. She's been a guest before - bring her in as guest host. 

Oh no.  I've never had a person that rubbed me the wrong way more than her.  She is the devil incarnate lol.  I would take a...n...y...b...o...d...y over her.  Didnt she just write a book?  I wouldnt touch it. Might get poisoned lol.  Although the Whoopi/Omarosa knock downs would be fabulous.  I remember her making the rounds writing a book after leaving the administration just a few months in.  Robin Roberts on GMA wasn't buying for a second, and told her to hit the bricks.  Even gave her a 'Bye Felicia' lol!  I roared!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Oh hell yeah.  You think Jada had a side eye..Lol. 🤣

• LOL 1
(edited)

I may be in the minority but I liked Lindsey and she did not bother me too much. She had to be aggressive and forceful with her opinions with the ladies or she would be left out of the conversation.  People on here complain all the time that Sarah is too passive, Sunny is too much of a know it all.  What is Lindsey supposed to do? 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I may be in the minority but I liked Lindsey and she did not bother me too much. She had to be aggressive and forceful with her opinions with the ladies or she would be left out of the conversation.  People on here complain all the time that Sarah is too passive, Sunny is too much of a know it all.  What is Lindsey supposed to do? 

Probably what many do when they're "the new girl" anywhere.  Take it easy.  As a "guest" she was almost at the point of rudeness.  It will always be difficult for those auditioning, but someone needs to tell her (surely they have) that she needs to be LIKEABLE...first of all.  She hasn't demonstrated that to me.  I felt she was too aggressive...and wonder how much WORSE it would be if she got the job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Though part of her would like being mentioned so she could feel relevant (even for the wrong reason). 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

But she was being aggressive and forceful about something that was wrong though.  Even someone with a basic understanding of government knows the filibuster has nothing to do with the President and he can't just sign an executive order to make it go away.   I'm amazed she didn't know that.  Or maybe she did know and she was just hellbent on trying to make Biden look like he is responsible for abortion not being codified into law.    I didn't like her after her first cohosting stint and I like her even less this time.  

• Love 17
(edited)

Oh, Lord. Let’s stuff our faces and try to talk. So gross.

Wait a minute, Lindsey.  Trump didn’t run on a pro-life platform?  Were you not paying attention?  And it wasn’t a Republican issue?  What?  She’s spouting nonsense again.  And Biden has made it crystal clear where he stands.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

How much food did Whoopi cram in her mouth that we literally had to watch her chew before she could talk?  And, why can’t they wait for a break before they start to eat if they have to be eating at all?  The show’s only an hour long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wait a minute, Lindsey.  Trump didn’t run on a pro-life platform?  Were you not paying attention?  And it wasn’t a Republican issue?  What?  She’s spouting nonsense again.  And Biden has made it crystal clear where he stands.

I can't tell if she believes what she is saying or if she is purposely lying.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

How much food did Whoopi cram in her mouth that we literally had to watch her chew before she could talk?  And, why can’t they wait for a break before they start to eat if they have to be eating at all?  The show’s only an hour long.

Whoopie is so damn gross and the directors should have told her to cut it out. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10

OMG she is so annoying!  STFU already and let somebody else comment. Normally i would chuckle at Sunny being interrupted and Whoopi being gross, but I can't because you are so damned annoying!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Expand  

I can't tell if she believes what she is saying or if she is purposely lying.

Lindsey does not seem to be very well informed.  She just spouts out the talking points she has been given by her "coaches".  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Lindsey does not seem to be very well informed.  She just spouts out the talking points she has been given by her "coaches".  

That describes another cohost who sat in the seat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

She does seem sad. Trying too hard to convince everyone she loves living in SC and doesn’t mind being fired from ABC(which she mentioned twice).

That's the impression I got from her, too. She tried so hard to convince us all she's loving life right now. She was talking so fast, obviously trying to run down the clock and avoid any questions the panel may have had about her quasi-business (I had a lot of questions since some of it didn't make sense, so I can imagine Joy and Sunny had questions too - the puzzle pieces didn't seem to fit the way she was describing it). 

And who had the great idea of dressing her in that hideous off-one-shoulder black dress as though she was going to a New Year's Eve party  ? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Triple whammy drivel. 
Food segment, before hot topics and Whoop talking with her mouth full. 

Food segments throughout this episode?!?! Oy, ugh, blah. 

Edited by Glitches
Updated content
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Oh, Sunny is being such a know it all. She says, "There's such a thing as separation of church and state" like she's talking to a child. 

I think Sunny's tone was in response to the child like argument spouted by Lindsey on the issue.   

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I think Sunny's tone was in response to the child like argument spouted by Lindsey on the issue.   

That may be, but it was condescending and not the way to have a serious conversation. If you're going to resort to insulting shticks like this, why should anyone take your points seriously? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

That may be, but it was condescending and not the way to have a serious conversation. If you're going to resort to insulting shticks like this, why should anyone take your points seriously? 

I wish a reference to the separation of church and state were a shtick. Too many people --even those who get on tv talk shows--don't seem to understand this Constitutional freedom.

• Love 10

Ugh what’s it gonna take for producers to realize we get nothing out of watching other people eating?! What’s the point? It’s always awkward for everyone and even if they do ask for a demo, it’s rushed. 

Gotta admit it’s refreshing seeing a humble Sunny when she said her views on abortion have changed since being on the show. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

Ugh what’s it gonna take for producers to realize we get nothing out of watching other people eating?! What’s the point? It’s always awkward for everyone and even if they do ask for a demo, it’s rushed. 

And it's also rude to the hungry audience (and the crew).  They have to sit there and watch the hosts ten feet away from them eating delicious food when it's around lunch time and they're presumably hungry, with the yummy smells wafting about.  If they have to have food segments, they should make a rule that the chef has to provide a substantial sample of the food to everyone in the room.

• Love 7

Didn’t someone (who’d been to see the show) tell us that the audience gets a cookie and a bottle of juice?  Here, eat your cookie while the hosts feast on Mexican food. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Gotta admit it’s refreshing seeing a humble Sunny when she said her views on abortion have changed since being on the show. 

I don't get it either. Has anyone here ever watched a cooking segment and actually paid attention and tried to make the food? And I can be self-conscious eating with people IRL, never mind on camera. And I'm sure the audience gets cravings that then distract them from enjoying the rest of the show. 

I applaud Sunny for sharing that. Some people are too stubborn to change their views or admit they've changed. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I give her a huge amount of credit for that.  When she used to talk about abortion she would halfheartedly say she respected other people's beliefs but two days ago she was sincerely outraged with the forthcoming decision. Good for her.

As soon as Lindsey said Senator Jon Tester from Vermont I thought no he's from Montana.  Then she says Democrats should have been fighting to keep Roe v Wade for the past 50 years.  I thought that was the whole point of Democratic presidents nominating pro choice SCOTUS justices.   And she says abortion isn't a big deal to voters.  Yeah she is wrong about that.  She is some sort of mishmash of Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Meghan McCain.  Not the brightest bulb in the socket but smart enough to be loud and make people think you kinda know what you are talking about.  

• Love 12

It's not so much Sunny's condescending tone which I find insulting, it's the fact that she turns her head away from the conservative on her left and looks at the other three women when giving her answer. 

It's usually the guest host (or in McCain's case, 'the cohost') who sits on her left, and she has the disagreement with. That guest host looks at Sunny directly in the eye and states her opinion, and then makes eye contact with the rest of them and the camera.  Sunny, however, listens to the 'conservative', then turns her head and speaks to Whoopi and the others. 

• Love 3

Fashion faux pas for Thursday's show: 

Who had the bright idea of wrapping Queen Latifah up in a bedspread ?  

And do the wardrobe assistants know that this is May, the month of Spring ? These women should be dressed in lighter colors - pinks, yellows, light blues, light green, lavender - like they dress them up in the dead of winter (January and February).  They should be in cheerful colors now, not four months ago. 

Instead, we get dark burgundy (QL), dark browns, dark blues, black, gold...did someone turn the calendar back to December ? 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:07 AM, TimWil said:

I’ll be tossing and turning tonight in anxiety over whether the Madison Cawthorn video will be a topic. 

And it wasn't. Lucky for him, 'the Supreme Court leak' happened on the same day - so he's buried under the radar....for now. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Corinne Jean Pierre. She used to be a frequent guest on Nicolle’s show. She’s such a cutie pie.  (Shallow comment, I know.)  She’ll be good as Press Sec; she has spunk.

Oh, shut up, Lindsey.

Eliz Warren brings up a lot of important issues that people are not thinking through. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7