Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/2/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Lindsey does not seem to be very well informed.  She just spouts out the talking points she has been given by her "coaches".  

Flashbacks to the Bill Geddie/Fox days coaching Hasselbeck.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I can't tell if she believes what she is saying or if she is purposely lying.

Alex, I will take alternative facts for $1000.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So Sunny finds a Black Republican Woman 'an oxymoron'. " I don't understand you", she said to Lindsey.   

Looks like Lindsey was ready for Sunny when she said "I don't think you understand yourself" after commenting she calls herself a 'strict Catholic who's pro-choice'.   And she pulled Ana into the conversation - "She's a Latina Republican !"  Ana quickly changed the subject - she's had enough of defending herself to Sunny. 

And apparently, unlike Black History Month in which they highlight a black person every single day on the show through the month of February, Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month is only mentioned one day on 'The View' - Tuesday, May 2.  Forget the rest of May.  Nothing has been mentioned of it any more this week. No one is highlighting any AAPI people in American history. 

And again, Oprah's Yard Sale - they couldn't find any AAPI people who own small businesses to highlight their merchandise ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

And 'The View' picked up nine Daytime Emmy nominations yesterday, but was not nominated for 'Best Informative Talk Show'. Yet the hosts were nominated for 'Best Informative Talk Show Hosts' ?  How can you have one without the other ? 

• Useful 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, GloccaMorra said:

And 'The View' picked up nine Daytime Emmy nominations yesterday, but was not nominated for 'Best Informative Talk Show'. Yet the hosts were nominated for 'Best Informative Talk Show Hosts' ?  How can you have one without the other ? 

Yes, it's a little unusual. 

The 'best show' Emmy would go to the producer, right?  I'm not sad that Brian Teta won't get an Emmy this year.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

The 'best show' Emmy would go to the producer, right?  I'm not sad that Brian Teta won't get an Emmy this year.

You're right, best series, picture, play awards always go to the producers. I second that emotion about Brian Teta.

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GloccaMorra said:

So Sunny finds a Black Republican Woman 'an oxymoron'. " I don't understand you", she said to Lindsey.   

Looks like Lindsey was ready for Sunny when she said "I don't think you understand yourself" after commenting she calls herself a 'strict Catholic who's pro-choice'.   And she pulled Ana into the conversation - "She's a Latina Republican !"  Ana quickly changed the subject - she's had enough of defending herself to Sunny. 

And apparently, unlike Black History Month in which they highlight a black person every single day on the show through the month of February, Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month is only mentioned one day on 'The View' - Tuesday, May 2.  Forget the rest of May.  Nothing has been mentioned of it any more this week. No one is highlighting any AAPI people in American history. 

And again, Oprah's Yard Sale - they couldn't find any AAPI people who own small businesses to highlight their merchandise ? 

Perhaps it’s time to have a cohost who is part of the AAPI community again. They want diversity, but seem to gloss over that demographic. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GloccaMorra said:

I don't think they highlighted women every day during Women's history month in March.    They may have done women owned businesses for the yard sale though at some point.  But I don't recall any complaints about that.   

There's plenty of places to learn more about AAPI causes, businesses, etc.  The View does not have to be the only resource 🙂

• Love 4
(edited)
55 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I don't think they highlighted women every day during Women's history month in March.    They may have done women owned businesses for the yard sale though at some point.  But I don't recall any complaints about that.   

There's plenty of places to learn more about AAPI causes, businesses, etc.  The View does not have to be the only resource 🙂

The View doesn't have to be the only resource, but when they kick off the month with Whoopi saying "All this month The View will be celebrating..." and then they fail to deliver, it makes them look like idiots. 

And yes, I believe they focused on women-owned-businesses in March, and black-owned businesses in February. In my opinion, if they want to convince us that they are all-inclusive and embrace diversity on their show, they need to do a better job including AAIP folks. 

Edited by GloccaMorra
  • Love 3
On 5/4/2022 at 9:40 PM, Back Atcha said:

Probably what many do when they're "the new girl" anywhere.  Take it easy.  As a "guest" she was almost at the point of rudeness.  It will always be difficult for those auditioning, but someone needs to tell her (surely they have) that she needs to be LIKEABLE...first of all.  She hasn't demonstrated that to me.  I felt she was too aggressive...and wonder how much WORSE it would be if she got the job.

Totally agree she’s not that likeable.  Talks waaaaay too fast (a la MM).  And I’ve found myself yelling at the tv more with her than many of the others.  Please no.  

On 5/5/2022 at 8:15 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I can't tell if she believes what she is saying or if she is purposely lying.

Either way she’s not a good fit for many reasons.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Sorta like the Oscar’s when a movies nominated but not the director…the director is the movie for the most part.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Totally agree she’s not that likeable.  Talks waaaaay too fast (a la MM).  And I’ve found myself yelling at the tv more with her than many of the others.  Please no.  

Either way she’s not a good fit for many reasons.  

Yup add me to the list.too aggressive, confrontational. Not likeable at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Yup add me to the list.too aggressive, confrontational. Not likeable at all. 

I hate to think that is what the people in charge are looking for.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love Corinne Jean Pierre. She used to be a frequent guest on Nicolle’s show. She’s such a cutie pie.  (Shallow comment, I know.)  She’ll be good as Press Sec; she has spunk.

Oh, shut up, Lindsey.

Eliz Warren brings up a lot of important issues that people are not thinking through. 

Karine

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I hate to think that is what the people in charge are looking for.  

And that's why Teta doesn't deserve an award. The ratings show The View does not need antics. They can find a conservative who argues during topics, but is still friendly and respectful with the others once the topic ends. Paula Faris was a good example of that.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And that's why Teta doesn't deserve an award. The ratings show The View does not need antics. They can find a conservative who argues during topics, but is still friendly and respectful with the others once the topic ends. Paula Faris was a good example of that.

I agree with you but sadly we don’t get to make that call. 

• Lindsey, we KNOW you're the smartest person in the room.
  • We know you're the most informed AND the most entertaining.
  • We KNOW you probably have the job despite what most viewers think.

STILL...couldn't you have been gracious enough to congratulate the new White House Press Secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, and leave it at that?  Perhaps join in the happiness that she's a successful Black woman--as you are?  BUT NO!  You have to be a disagreeable smartass.  You probably ruin surprise parties.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Sunny comment was a bit much....almost like 50% of hispanic Americans voted for Bush in 04. Majority of hispanics voted for Ted Cruz in Texas in 2018 and Trump did very well with Hispanics in 2020. Maybe get out of your bubble a bit and argue in good faith without personal attacks...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Love that Lyndsey gives what she gets in regards to Sunny and doesn't shy away or crumble with intimidation. Lindsey is telling her view, Sunny gets personal. 

Joy went a little too far with the "living in sin" comment. I think she regretted it after she said it and that's why she mentioned that she lived in sin for a long time too. The following day, they brought up that topic again with Ana saying that she recommends it. The term "living in sin" is antiquated, as are many of Joy's jokes. In these modern times, I don't think it's something that needs to be pointed out.

IMO, Sunny and Joy tried to insult Lindsey, but they should have looked in the mirror first.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Joy went a little too far with the "living in sin" comment. I think she regretted it after she said it and that's why she mentioned that she lived in sin for a long time too. The following day, they brought up that topic again with Ana saying that she recommends it. The term "living in sin" is antiquated, as are many of Joy's jokes. In these modern times, I don't think it's something that needs to be pointed out.

The fact that the term is "antiquated" is what made it funny to me ... and why it was harmless and entertaining.  Seems like Lindsey hadn't heard the term--NOR realized that it was antiquated.  She acted insulted. 

Apparently she doesn't know how to go with the flow ... or play the game.  Isn't she trying to get a "top" job in television?  Does she have NO ONE to coach her?  Get all rabid after you HAVE the contract--signed by all parties.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Maybe get out of your bubble a bit and argue in good faith without personal attacks...

I don't think Sunny was personally attacking anyone by pointing out how illogical that stance is. She was right to be skeptical of a sell-out like Lindsey.

I have no pity for Lindsey. She was an asshole from the first minute this week, and more than that she made a complete fool of herself several times (like saying Biden can simply end the filibuster or make women's rights legal via executive order, lol). It's one thing to be a moron, but even worse when you're a moron who wants to talk over everyone else.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sara is finally fighting back to reclaim her time to speak.  I didn’t particularly like what she had to say, but, glad she’s finally found her voice.

My favorite moment this week for sure, second only to Whoopi's speech in reaction to the news about Roe v. Wade Monday.

• Love 1

I don’t think Sunny was “attacking” Ana or Lindsey personally when she said she doesn’t understand Black or Latina Republicans.  She doesn’t understand people who align with a party and vote against their own interests.  The current Republican party is not particularly friendly to issues of concern to people of color, in Sunny’s opinion, or mine. 🤷🏽 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think Sunny was personally attacking anyone by pointing out how illogical that stance is. She was right to be skeptical of a sell-out like Lindsey.

I have no pity for Lindsey. She was an asshole from the first minute this week, and more than that she made a complete fool of herself several times (like saying Biden can simply end the filibuster or make women's rights legal via executive order, lol). It's one thing to be a moron, but even worse when you're a moron who wants to talk over everyone else.

Yep.  She was speaking with so much authority and she was flat out wrong. She wasn't stating her opinion.  She was speaking on things as fact and she was wrong.  

She was genuinely taken aback when Ana called her a Trump supporter.  Ana seems to get along with most people but she obviously does not like Lindsay.  Join the club Ana.

35 minutes ago, jalady said:

I don’t think Sunny was “attacking” Ana or Lindsey personally when she said she doesn’t understand Black or Latina Republicans.  She doesn’t understand people who align with a party and vote against their own interests.  The current Republican party is not particularly friendly to issues of concern to people of color, in Sunny’s opinion, or mine. 🤷🏽 

I agree with Sunny. When someone questions my party affiliation I am able to explain it.  I don't recall Lindsay doing that.  She deflected to Ana. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Maybe get out of your bubble a bit and argue in good faith without personal attacks...

Again, Lindsey is perfectly fine on DBL because that is an entertainment/infotainment show. This is not the show for her. She needs to stay in her lane.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The term "living in sin" is antiquated, as are many of Joy's jokes. In these modern times, I don't think it's something that needs to be pointed out.

Many religions still see 'living together before marriage' and premarital sex as a sin in today's world.  Devout Catholics (like Sunny) believe it's a sin, as do Orthodox Jews, and Muslims (for starters). They do not believe in 'living together' or premarital sex.  It's not at all antiquated.

• Useful 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Seems like Lindsey hadn't heard the term--NOR realized that it was antiquated.  She acted insulted. 

I think she had heard the term and perhaps it meant something more to her than an outdated term and concept, which is why she took it as she did. Joy's attempt to make it less insulting by saying she had lived in sin for years was kind of lame. I suspect she said it originally without expecting Lindsey to take offense and then tried to fix it.

Edited by KittyQ
typos
44 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I think she had heard the term and perhaps it meant something more to her than an outdated term and concept, which is why she took it as she did. Joy's attempt to make it less insulting by saying she had lived in sin for years was kind of lame. I suspect she said it originally without expecting Lindsey to take offense and then tried to fix it.

I didn't find it lame.  I thought it was good that she was trying to lighten the tone and let Lindsay know she wasn't being critical.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Joy's attempt to make it less insulting by saying she had lived in sin for years was kind of lame. I suspect she said it originally without expecting Lindsey to take offense and then tried to fix it.

Joy's attempt to make it less insulting explain by saying she had lived in sin for years was kind and funny.  of lame. I suspect she said it originally without expecting Lindsey anyone to take offense.  and then tried to fix it.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Many religions still see 'living together before marriage' and premarital sex as a sin in today's world.  Devout Catholics (like Sunny) believe it's a sin,

I was surprised recently when Sunny said she "came home," and it was obviously coming home to Manny ... but also obvious they weren't married.  Did anyone else get that idea?  I thought they probably DID NOT live together before marriage.  Now I'm not so sure.  And, actually, the sin is the S-E-X ... not merely living together. 

Just as being homosexual is not a sin...but acting on it (sexually) IS.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

Joy's attempt to make it less insulting explain by saying she had lived in sin for years was kind and funny.  of lame. I suspect she said it originally without expecting Lindsey anyone to take offense.  and then tried to fix it.

Exactly. Joy is not a judgmental person and has poked fun at herself and her own marriage for many years. She joked not only that she also lived in sin too, but admitted she met Steve at a nudist colony and that they waited for all would-be in-laws to die before they got hitched. She doesn't fancy herself above anyone regarding this issue. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

She doesn't fancy herself above anyone regarding this issue. 

RealHousewife, I wish we had a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE selection to check.  That's what your comment deserves.   Joy doesn't seem to consider herself above anyone in most issues.  She does have difficulty with stupidity.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

RealHousewife, I wish we had a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE selection to check.  That's what your comment deserves.   Joy doesn't seem to consider herself above anyone in most issues.  She does have difficulty with stupidity.

Aw well thank you. ♥️ I'm glad I'm not alone in how much I adore Joy. 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

I didn't find it lame.  I thought it was good that she was trying to lighten the tone and let Lindsay know she wasn't being critical.

I agree. But Lindsey, like most of the guest co-hosts the show has brought on this season, seemed to resent the comic relief. They prefer everything to be tense and toxic and personal, which is why she acted the way she did and no other reason. Anyone watching knew Joy was making a joke, one that she then used to describe herself (and both Whoopi and Ana went on to describe themselves with, too). Only Lindsey had a problem--and it was with Joy being opposite politically to her, not the joke itself.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I was surprised recently when Sunny said she "came home," and it was obviously coming home to Manny ... but also obvious they weren't married.  Did anyone else get that idea?  I thought they probably DID NOT live together before marriage.  Now I'm not so sure.  And, actually, the sin is the S-E-X ... not merely living together. 

Just as being homosexual is not a sin...but acting on it (sexually) IS.

I think that was the story she told last week about having a terrible day at work, taking a hot bath and then coming out of the tub to eat dinner and she hated the Chinese food he ordered for dinner - turns out the fortune cookie (which he coerced her to eat) had a marriage proposal from him. 

Yes, it did sound like they were living together - though she had said in the past they never did. Maybe he was at her apartment waiting for her to come home and he surprised her with the Chinese food ? 

29 minutes ago, GloccaMorra said:

I think that was the story she told last week about having a terrible day at work, taking a hot bath and then coming out of the tub to eat dinner and she hated the Chinese food he ordered for dinner - turns out the fortune cookie (which he coerced her to eat) had a marriage proposal from him. 

Yes, it did sound like they were living together - though she had said in the past they never did. Maybe he was at her apartment waiting for her to come home and he surprised her with the Chinese food ? 

I caught it when she told that story.  It sounded like they were living together.  In her memoir she didn't clarify their living situation before they got married but I don't for one minute believe they weren't sleeping together.  She said she got married when she was 30.  

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Aw well thank you. ♥️ I'm glad I'm not alone in how much I adore Joy. 

No way not alone.  I had an old boss (as in long time ago, not physically old hah) anyway she had something she always said, much like Joy, she can't take people SOS which is 'stuck on stupid'  hah!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, GloccaMorra said:

Who was named on it?

(edited)
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

I agree. But Lindsey, like most of the guest co-hosts the show has brought on this season, seemed to resent the comic relief. They prefer everything to be tense and toxic and personal, which is why she acted the way she did and no other reason. Anyone watching knew Joy was making a joke, one that she then used to describe herself (and both Whoopi and Ana went on to describe themselves with, too). Only Lindsey had a problem--and it was with Joy being opposite politically to her, not the joke itself.

YES!  YES!  YES !

and ...  NO! NO! NO to Lindsey!  Why did they make us watch her second failed attempt?  

SHE'S NOT A GOOD FIT...not the first time, not the second time...not NEVER!  (which has more punch than the appropriate "not ever."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1

I think Joy "lived in sin" for at nearly 3 decades, lol.

BTW... Joy never had a child out of wedlock. Lindsey did, which is her business and right. In 2022 I have no idea what Lindsey is really appalled about let alone thinks on these issues that are common. Or about marriage.

Oops, I lived in sin for a couple of years in the early 80's, and it was not uncommon.

I WISH I'd lived in sin.  I wish I had NOT been a virgin when I got married in 1964.

Things would have been different.  Things were "fine," but I'd bet they would have been BETTER!

• Love 3

Yeah, it was a joke but Joy was taking her chances joking about such a personal matter with someone she barely knows.  Personally I thought it was kind of rude since they are hardly acquainted, but that's just me.  You need a thick skin to sit on the View panel.

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Who was named on it?

For hosts, it was for last season. So : Whoopi, Joy, Sarah, Sunny and Meghan. 

Meanwhile, 'The Talk' was completely snubbed. Not one nod., 

• Useful 1
On 5/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, GloccaMorra said:

That was Lindsey's definition of Sunny's stance.  Lindsey probably thinks "Pro-Choice" always means pro-abortion. Isn't Sunny's Pro-Choice personal definition "Every woman should follow her conscience.  I'm a Roman Cath-o-lic and I oppose abortion"?  I don't think I've heard her advocate for abortion--and I'm not a Sunny fan.   (A similar example: Pro-Life doesn't rally against death sentences.)  There are nuances in every belief.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, it was a joke but Joy was taking her chances joking about such a personal matter with someone she barely knows.  

Though Lindsay was the one who pointed out that she was not married to her daughter's father. I wasn't expecting that from a staunch Republican and Joy probably was surprised too, so the joke popped out.  Joy wouldn't have "outed" Lindsay; that would have been rude.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Most of my friends lived in sin before marriage. That includes the religious ones, and I’m in the south. Very few people care. 

When my maternal grandma was in her late 70s she eventually had to place my grandpa in a care facility due to advanced Alzheimer's. They'd been married for over 60 years and were very devout Catholics. So after grandpa went into the facility--where she visited him daily even though he really didn't recognize her--she struck up a friendship with a lonely widower in her neighborhood and they'd get together to play cards. She hastened to tell us--her five adult children and a few of us grandchildren--that there was nothing going on between them! Our general response was so, what if there is?

Eventually, though, they did fall in love and it was funny because Art was so sweet and quiet in stark contrast to the loud volume, salty language, and greasy mechanic career of my grandpa! It was adorable seeing my grandma like a teen in love. He eventually moved in with her and she was really concerned that the people at her church would be appalled to know that she was "living in sin." She even felt she had to explain to us that even though they were living together they weren't having sex because Art was unable to (for some reason I don't recall). TMI and we didn't care anyway. She had given her heart and entire life to my Grandpa and was still driving to the care facility every day. None of us thought there was anything wrong with her finding a new, unexpected happiness and it was so beautiful to see.

After my Grandpa died about a year later, they got married at the church Grandma went to and no one there was any the wiser! My cousins and I did the tin cans on her car thing and after we went back to her house, my uncle came in and went, "DAD!" to Art. She and Art had a couple of happy years before he died, and then she passed away a few years later.

• Love 10