Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Pinot You Didn't

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think that was from when we first "met" Ari, she was filmed working there BEFORE she was supposedly going to move to Ethopia and have the baby there. 

When she mentioned her career history I pretty much rolled my eyes and said to myself, ok so you haven't ever had a real job. I mean, "managing" her father's practice as a late teen or early 20 something with zero experience managing anything must have gone over SUPER well with all his office staff. She probably answered phones and filed things. Whoopity doo. It always does seem like she is the perfect one "tolerating" pain in the ass, irresponsible Bini. Well, you fucked a guy you met in a taxi line in an developing country and didn't use protection. Pot meet kettle....

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

So, after you do your business and get your undercarriage power-washed, how do dry off? 

I'm not sure how it works for typical bidets, but I forgot to add the Toto Washlet also has an butt-drying feature. 

When I visited an American friend who lives in Rome, I found the bidet in her guest room has been adopted as a bed by one of her cats. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought was it conflicted with what she said about her son and the every three hour catheter...so which is it?

His vacant look is disturbing like there is nothing behind his eyes.  Yve could not find a creepy guy locally?

She must have some kind of caregiver for the boy, otherwise she could never find the time to hang out with her "tribe" and certainly never go on "trains" with them much less travel to Egypt four times! 

My friend had a stepson who had the same wide-eyed expression as Mo, he always looked like he was surprised! Sad to say, the boy had lots of behavioral problems! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Re bidet-gate, can someone educate me on this please?  So, after you do your business and get your undercarriage power-washed, how do dry off?  Toilet paper?  I thought that was the point of the bidet, to reduce the wasteful use of toilet paper?  Do people just pull up their drawers and let them absorb???  Inquiring minds  . . . .

A lot of the new ones have air driers but a quick look at google or Amazon will tell you that there is such a thing as a butt towel that just like a normal towel can be reused and usually comes in a pack of 10 or so & washed with the other towels. After all it is only water if you've done it right. 🤣

• Useful 4

Blondie Jibri and Mimosa: She is insensitive and rude. Mimosa, you are visiting a different country  and Jibri has been looking forward to having you and wanting to make you happy. But no. You have to insert your ego and let him completely understand how much Rapid City disappoints you and this is riding home from the airport! You make every attempt to make him understand completely what a letdown this is for you. "There was nothing" - really?  I don't care who you are or where you come from, you do not insult the city/country you have been invited to or visit. Put on your thinking cap and say something nice. And to say that in front of Jibri's parents, too. That takes some nerve and a lot of attitude. You are naive, insensitive and certainly not the sophisticated, world-traveler type you think you are.

If your dream is to live in NYC or LA, both are very expensive places to live. So what are you bringing financially to this equation? Did you bring money to help support this dream of yours? Jibri's plan is to save money. Did you expect him to have windfalls of money coming in and he has been putting it all away for your dream? Sit down with Jibri and work on a plan with a goal in mind. Know how to compromise, work together. You are not the star of the relationship and stop acting like it.

I really do like Blondie's parents though.

• Love 8

Maybe it is just me but honestly I have had hotel room with a bidet and could never use it, no idea why it has never appealed to me, it seems like a lot of room for error like with wet pants and shoes, slipping in, etc...

I have a bidet and it was under $200 and was installed in less than 15 minutes.  I have warm water, headed seat and a dry blower once done.  I love it!  It is toilet seat with bidet attached and is awesome.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Blondie Jibri and Mimosa: She is insensitive and rude. Mimosa, you are visiting a different country  and Jibri has been looking forward to having you and wanting to make you happy. But no. You have to insert your ego and let him completely understand how much Rapid City disappoints you and this is riding home from the airport! You make every attempt to make him understand completely what a letdown this is for you. "There was nothing" - really?  I don't care who you are or where you come from, you do not insult the city/country you have been invited to or visit. Put on your thinking cap and say something nice. And to say that in front of Jibri's parents, too. That takes some nerve and a lot of attitude. You are naive, insensitive and certainly not the sophisticated, world-traveler type you think you are.

If your dream is to live in NYC or LA, both are very expensive places to live. So what are you bringing financially to this equation? Did you bring money to help support this dream of yours? Jibri's plan is to save money. Did you expect him to have windfalls of money coming in and he has been putting it all away for your dream? Sit down with Jibri and work on a plan with a goal in mind. Know how to compromise, work together. You are not the star of the relationship and stop acting like it.

I really do like Blondie's parents though.

The thing is if they do get to NYC or SoCal they aren’t going to be living in Manhattan or Brentwood. She is not going to be happy in Queens or Anaheim.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They are brief prayers.  Many believers have full time jobs and still find the time.

Exactly. We had tons of Muslim students at the dental school I worked at. There are work arounds. And the ablutions are ritual in nature, mosques have an area where people can wash. Mo might figure he needs a bidet because if he goes to the bathroom between prayer sessions he'll have to do his ablutions again. But its a ritual thing, not top to bottom body cleansing. It is a thing is Islam to be clean, though, so maybe that's why he's bidet obsessed? 

Here's some helpful info: 

https://www.learnreligions.com/wudu-ablutions-for-islamic-prayer-3879518

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, b2H said:

For me, and this is going to be a shallow statement, Emily is worried how he will react on seeing her heavier.  She knew someday he would be back to see her, even as long as six months ago.  There was time to do whatever she thought was appropriate to improve her appearance.  Eating sensibly, for instance, would not impact her ability to produce milk (for a baby now almost two years old?).  Her baby should be running around enough outside that she would be able to exercise while being outside.  Even a stroller that she could be pushing while walking or jogging would have been a positive.

Neither her appearance nor his arrival in the States were events that happened with no notice.

ETA: and I say this, having had three kids of my own.

I have to agree with you.  And just the sheer SIZE of those mouthfuls of food she was gobbling down -- both in last week's epi and this epi, too.  HUGE forks full of meat, mashed potatoes (at her parents' table) and now HUGE forks full of cheesy pasta (to the point where her cheek was bulging out like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter).  Not appealing in the least.  She's quite immature to boot.  As though she lives in a fairytale -- eyebrows always up as though she is "inquiring" about something -- just like a toddler.  Sigh.

Edited by The Pearl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Bilal thought it would be okay to pull such a prank on his intended. Something like that causes trust issues. Shaeeda is smiling and saying all the right things, but I have a feeling that she is seething inside.

You would think that Kobe would be used to being the only Black person in a room; what with living in China and all. Emily is crass and uncouth. But then again, the fact that two of her exes are currently incarcerated, should have been a forewarning.

Now I understand why Arielle was so hostile to Bini’s sisters on the “Other Way” reunion show. 

He said he didn't feel comfortable while in China either. Said they either got excited to see him or looked at him with disdain -- as if his dark skin meant he had not washed.  Then stupid, immature Emily, had the nerve to point to the only other Black man in the restaurant, saying:  "there's one!"  Sigh.

• Love 8
(edited)

I had to laugh at the yoga room for Shaeeda.   That's a windowless basement room in Kansas, it's probably intened as a safe room for tornadoes.   It's the safest room in that house. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

He said he didn't feel comfortable while in China either. Said they either got excited to see him or looked at him with disdain -- as if his dark skin meant he had not washed.  Then stupid, immature Emily, had the nerve to point to the only other Black man in the restaurant, saying:  "there's one!"  Sigh.

Yeah.  Although regarding his comment about wanting to live somewhere diverse I wonder how many white people live in Cameroon and whether Emily would stick out if she moved there.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah.  Although regarding his comment about wanting to live somewhere diverse I wonder how many white people live in Cameroon and whether Emily would stick out if she moved there.

Yes, Emily would stick out in Cameroon but she did not make the "diverse" comment.  There are many many more places in the USA with far more diverse populations is all he meant, I think, no?  I could be wrong.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

Yes, Emily would stick out in Cameroon but she did not make the "diverse" comment.  There are many many more places in the USA with far more diverse populations is all he meant, I think, no?  I could be wrong.

Yeah but not if you expect to freeload off your family.  He can’t work and she doesn’t want to.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, The Pearl said:

When I taught in China (in a city that didn't get many Americans at all), we had two black teachers in our group, one male and one female.  The woman became an object of  curiosity because of her hair.  I don't remember any unpleasant incidents; one of my students asked if they were Negro.  I said yes, but that we didn't use that word anymore.  Both were gifted teachers beloved by their classes.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

There are many many more places in the USA with far more diverse populations is all he meant, I think, no?  I could be wrong.

He would be more than welcomed in my very diverse community. And as The Pearl said, Emily, spotting another black person, calling it out saying "there's one!" OMG, how insensitively stupid of her.

Yve: I'm sorry to say, this is not the right guy for you. He will become a burden to you and that's the last thing you need. He wants someone to take care of him like a mom would. He doesn't want to grow up and be a man. I'm sorry you have gotten yourself tangled up with this guy. I see him as becoming demanding and you trying to please him, but never doing so. He is not in this relationship to help with your son, either. He seems quite selfish and he most likely has no intention of stepping up to the plate. He sees you as a caregiver to your son, and that's the relationship he wants with you. You are nurturing, compassionate and sweet - he thinks he has found "the one." Oh, and his slow dead voice will start to grate on your nerves. Trust me, Egypt Tim needs to go home. Don't settle for this.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, The Pearl said:

He said he didn't feel comfortable while in China either. Said they either got excited to see him or looked at him with disdain -- as if his dark skin meant he had not washed. 

My friend's blonde daughter went to China and many people were stopping her at the Great Wall and asking to take photos with her. I'm guessing a Black man might be even more of a novelty to them. 

• Love 2

Ok, now I understand the episode title (after viewing the full episode).  Yes, sometimes it takes me a moment.

Bilai is awful-I put him in the same category as Ben from last season: controlling, talking one to death (I just wanted Bilai to STOP talking), emotional manipulation/control, etc.

I did not think that JibJab's mom (love to whomever came up with that) was being intrusive in asking questions to Moana; instead, I felt that she was trying to make conversation to make Moana comfortable after making her small request as to their responsibilities while staying rent free.

Emily looked like she was getting angry when Kobe didn't immediately agree that it was a far better idea to go to a hotel rather than to see his son in person for the first time.  She also gave quite a look when he commented that she had gained weight-but he wasn't being rude or disrespectful.  She really wants to control him and not be questioned.  I was mad at her during the dinner when she kept making demands (you legally have to have a ring-oh, so now she is a legal expert...).  She was rude about the engagement ring he gave to her and is planning an expensive wedding (demanding a wedding dress, etc.).  Just forget it-you have an almost 2 year old child and can't afford to live without parental support (both financial and child care).  Get a job that pays well (yes, sometimes I make myself laugh) and become independent from your parents.  If Kobe stays with her it will be due to their son as he is already seeing the demanding neediness that just seeps from her.

Luckily I was able to fast-forward through Ari and Bini (as it was all flashbacks and rehashing of their previous appearances) until the epic wine throwing incident.  Yes, the sisters should be mad at Bini, but Ari just had to insert herself into their conversation with Bini and pull focus.

What a train wreck this season will be.

4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My friend's blonde daughter went to China and many people were stopping her at the Great Wall and asking to take photos with her. I'm guessing a Black man might be even more of a novelty to them. 

When I lived in Japan (on the island of Kyushu which had a very small foreign population), people would come up and touch my skin and hair.  At times I felt like a celebrity...but yes, it can be hard to be continually viewed as a specimen rather than a person.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

you have an almost 2 year old child and can't afford to live without parental support (both financial and child care).  Get a job that pays well (yes, sometimes I make myself laugh) and become independent from your parents.

I gave Emily some points for finding work (nannying) that allowed her to bring her child. And not dumping that additional responsibility onto her parents.

With Kobe there to take care of their son, she can look for a better paying job.

I wonder what Kobe thought of the recent tornados near Salina…

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Ok, now I understand the episode title (after viewing the full episode).  Yes, sometimes it takes me a moment.

Bilai is awful-I put him in the same category as Ben from last season: controlling, talking one to death (I just wanted Bilai to STOP talking), emotional manipulation/control, etc.

I did not think that JibJab's mom (love to whomever came up with that) was being intrusive in asking questions to Moana; instead, I felt that she was trying to make conversation to make Moana comfortable after making her small request as to their responsibilities while staying rent free.

Emily looked like she was getting angry when Kobe didn't immediately agree that it was a far better idea to go to a hotel rather than to see his son in person for the first time.  She also gave quite a look when he commented that she had gained weight-but he wasn't being rude or disrespectful.  She really wants to control him and not be questioned.  I was mad at her during the dinner when she kept making demands (you legally have to have a ring-oh, so now she is a legal expert...).  She was rude about the engagement ring he gave to her and is planning an expensive wedding (demanding a wedding dress, etc.).  Just forget it-you have an almost 2 year old child and can't afford to live without parental support (both financial and child care).  Get a job that pays well (yes, sometimes I make myself laugh) and become independent from your parents.  If Kobe stays with her it will be due to their son as he is already seeing the demanding neediness that just seeps from her.

Luckily I was able to fast-forward through Ari and Bini (as it was all flashbacks and rehashing of their previous appearances) until the epic wine throwing incident.  Yes, the sisters should be mad at Bini, but Ari just had to insert herself into their conversation with Bini and pull focus.

What a train wreck this season will be.

When I lived in Japan (on the island of Kyushu which had a very small foreign population), people would come up and touch my skin and hair.  At times I felt like a celebrity...but yes, it can be hard to be continually viewed as a specimen rather than a person.

I suspect a life with him will be a lifetime of enduring mansplaining.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

In this week's train wreck:

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda: I liked her taking her phone to show her mom her surroundings at the fake house. His B Grateful tee was a lot. Passive aggressive. Whip out your gratitude journal, Bil. Shaeeda took the joke and the move to his real life a little too kindly. I might not show my anger, but it would be there for a while until he apologized for being an ass. If he is so worried about attracting a gold digger, he will attract one! Lying about visiting mom (on the second day?) was wrong. He should have explained his childhood home properly and not in the way he did - to show her where he came from and that he respects his roots. I also don't get the whole 'romantic' rose petals on the bed. It may seem 'romantic' but it is just a mess for someone to clean up. Buy a bouquet of flowers, some nice scented candles if both like candles, some nice bath stuff. I hope that Shaeeda has enough personal power to stand up to him and assert her needs. Otherwise, she's facing a monthly report card. And a stash of her own, complete with F as the main grade for him.

Emily and Kobe:  I understand staying at the hotel if she is not used to driving long distances, gets back pain, and there are weather-related concerns. He has waited almost two years to see his son. I also get that she feels she needs a night alone with him first, but take him home, meet the kid, let him spend time with the kid and make plans for a weekend away. I know she feels it is just a few hours more. Kobe seems pleasant enough so far. He can spend time with Koban while Emily finds a better paying job. He does seem to deserve better than her and she should serve as a cautionary tale for birth control when on vacation. She may be finding out that she will remain a single parent. No one is under any obligation to marry a baby daddy or mama these days.

Yve and Mohamed: Red flags! Danger Will Robinson! Yve, you already have a 12 year old with special needs. Now you are bringing home a 25 year old with special type needs - need for mommying, need for the unconditional love of mama, to be pampered and taken care of.  Does Mohamed have any idea of what his life will be in the US? He just expects a sugar mama who will foot his lifestyle? Does he have any idea what being a caregiver to her son entails - that he will be expected to help out? What does he offer to a relationship except a nice body and that he talks slowly? He doesn't seem able to meet a lot of Yve's emotional or other needs.  Instead of focusing on the bidet he wants, focus on how he can make her life a little easier as a partner. Unless there is a serious grown-up talk and what is what and what is expected of each other, this relationship is probably doomed.

Ari and Bini: We don't need to continue their story. This isn't a soap and one does not announce to one's family that they are moving to another country the day before they leave. Like a soap, one announces they need to get to Africa or wherever, and are on the next plane and they are written out. How they can afford an expensive last minute ticket? Who knows.  Bini had plenty of time to tell his sisters. Only satisfying scene was the sister throwing the red wine on Ari - shame about the white dress - most likely a producer suggested thing. I expect that scene to be all over Twitter.

Miona and Jibby: She is not going to like living on the prairie. Reality really sucks for these two. Jibby is not an A list musician who makes a lot of money each year. Seems like a lot was spent on luxury vacations. Covid hit the music industry hard. No tours, maybe online Facebook type shows and maybe some paid online gigs. Maybe there is a demand for Black Serbs merch? They did some Bandcamp stuff? Jibby is not at the level to really command much money for even doing things like that. Doubt his band is getting millions of streams on music streaming services. So South Dakota it is. Miona's city is around 250,000 people compared to the 90,000 for Rapid City. It's a smaller city in a rural surrounding and yeah, Mioni, there will be vehicles. The boxes you see from the plane are farms/sections/acres. It is unlikely to be a European walking city. You may have been tired but you could have said something nice about South Dakota - the fresh air, clear skies. Nope. You were very rude. And yeah, you will be expected to earn your keep by doing some household stuff. Jibby's mom seemed nice enough to her prospective daughter-in-law. Jibs needs to show Mioni the LA rental scene and how much it costs to live there - rent is high, utility costs are high, gas for the car is high, she'll be spending hours commuting to places. Her caviar dreams right now are on a half fishstick budget. How does she plan to help out with expenses? Jibs is a bit aways from any sort of major success. Strutting around like a Kardashian in that town? Nope. Winter is coming and it does snow, she will notice less daylight, and it can get pretty cold - a big difference from a lot of European cities in winter. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Emily and Kobe:  I understand staying at the hotel if she is not used to driving long distances, gets back pain, and there are weather-related concerns. He has waited almost two years to see his son. I also get that she feels she needs a night alone with him first, but take him home, meet the kid, let him spend time with the kid and make plans for a weekend away. I know she feels it is just a few hours more. Kobe seems pleasant enough so far. He can spend time with Koban while Emily finds a better paying job. He does seem to deserve better than her and she should serve as a cautionary tale for birth control when on vacation. She may be finding out that she will remain a single parent. No one is under any obligation to marry a baby daddy or mama these days.

You're right.  She could have picked him up at the airport and if it was a late flight (which it wasn't), she could have used that as an excuse, have them stay at a hotel near the airport and left the next day.  Then she would have gotten her skoodilypoop and he wouldn't be so upset that they are not driving directly to the house.

I agree. These women are so stupid with getting preggos with their vacation lay and/or bringing them to the States. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

You're right.  She could have picked him up at the airport and if it was a late flight (which it wasn't), she could have used that as an excuse, have them stay at a hotel near the airport and left the next day.  Then she would have gotten her skoodilypoop and he wouldn't be so upset that they are not driving directly to the house.

I agree. These women are so stupid with getting preggos with their vacation lay and/or bringing them to the States. 

Or tell him she doesn't do a lot of late night highway driving. It's pretty common here to encounter wild animals like deer and moose on the roads. That could be deadly for both animal and folks in the car.

• Love 2
On 4/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Frozendiva said:

Maybe I was just in a grumpy mood, but Miona came across as someone who needs to work on her personality and her ego. And find some charm. Looks get you in the door and that's it. You have no substance unless it is all the makeup you are wearing.  I found her unpleasant. She had better hope that Jibri makes it big so her ego will fit in at some music industry events. She is not the talent and has a long way to go to Kardashian type coverage. You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down. She was unappreciative of the beauty and fresh air and space of South Dakota, hated the 'little town', hated the reliance on vehicles (uh, it's probably a small city in a predominately rural area so there will be trucks - folks won't walk 50 miles to the city), preferred her own city in Serbia. I also don't think she really liked the boots. I hope that they turn out too small for her and she limps around a bit or gets blisters.

Miona doesn't realize it now, but she will get way more attention (she strikes me as someone who craves attention, as does Jibri) in little ol' Rapid City than LA.  Girls like her are a dime a dozen in the Los Angeles area and she is just one more Kardashian klone. If she stays in SD or some other small town, she could put herself on that pedestal so much easier...

• Love 9

Emily - here is what you do:  Find a inexpensive apartment with two bedrooms.  Get that thing in your arm to NOT get pregnant for five years.  Go work your tail off with OT and whatever else you can get and Kobe is a SAHD for six months.  Is it six months or three?  Then split your times working, like you are 7-3:30 and Kobe is 6 to midnight or something, no day care.   Of course, she will never agree as Kobe Jr will REALLY attach to Dad and Emily ain't having that.  But she is lazy, entitled and she has a good thing going.  Whoever said he probably speaks french is right - in six months he could be an interpreter.

What is it with all these people expecting/demanding sex ASAP?  Good gosh I came home from a three hour flight from Vegas and was like don't touch me I need to bathe.  I shudder what a 14 hour flight feels like!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Miona doesn't realize it now, but she will get way more attention (she strikes me as someone who craves attention, as does Jibri) in little ol' Rapid City than LA.  Girls like her are a dime a dozen in the Los Angeles area and she is just one more Kardashian klone. If she stays in SD or some other small town, she could put herself on that pedestal so much easier...

There’s actually something off about her face once you see past the giraffe eyelashes and plunger lips.  Like she is probably a 5 or a 6 and would get no attention in California.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

This Week’s Winners and Losers:

Winners: After all the free nationwide advertising and exposure, the Shirt Shack and Boot Barn realized it was time to join forces to become Rapid City, S. Dakota’s newest conglomerate. The new company will be named “Shirts, Shoes and Other Shit.” Word on the street is that they will be looking for weekly flyer models who continually wear their sunglasses on their heads and want to be on the fast track to stardom.

Losers: The perennial favorites here are Areola and Bini. Unbeatable. That being said, Bilal decided he wasn’t being enough of an asshole by simply scolding Shae about her poor attitude and how it needed an adjustment, but took the next step toward the anals (heh) of assholery by aggressively admonishing her with his “B Grateful” T-shirt without having to utter a word. But keep watching, because in coming weeks, we may see Shae breaking out the “Misery”/“Company” matching t-shirt set.

Next Week: Kara and Yve make plans to get their boys, Guillermo and Mohamed, together for a play date.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

I have actually flown into Rapid City, SD (very small airport, I think he drove to another one) when I spent time in Spearfish...it is GORGEOUS country, but yes, very small town. It was August and I said something to a waitress about how it was just gorgeous there and she said well you are here during our two months of non winter, enjoy! LOL. Guessing Miona will be going on and on non stop about moving to a big city, sort of like Julia with Brandon. Maybe like Julia she will be content (so far) with some nice vacations and then life back on the farm. 

I loved Shaeeda pointing out Bilal's passive agressive shirt to him.....she doesn't take any crap, but manages to stay calm and respectful. I also loved her mother on facetime---the hysterical laughter and "maybe he rented those suits" was fantastic. She also seemed reasonable, pointing out that as his wife, she can make the home to her style now and help fix it, but "don't rush the brush" and if he shows himself to be lazy, get her butt back home ASAP. 

• Love 15

I really think that the whole scene where Bini's sister throws wine into Ari's face was staged. There was no reason for wine to be thrown. And as much as I enjoyed watching that insufferable harpy get doused, it was likely only because the producers recognize how excruciatingly dull Bini & Ari's storyline is and needed to spice it up.  I'm going to start recording these these episodes and watch them later so that I can fast forward through certain couples. Specifically this one. The same way I fast forward through all of the Stephanie and big pred portions of Single Life.

Emily is doomed. When you have to talk your dude into having sex with you after he hasn't seen you for 2 years, there's a problem. 

Bilal continues to be douchey and prove he's not good enough for his fiancée. She should feign a pregnancy and see how funny he finds that. Then she can say, "Oh babe, I was only testing you. I want to know you're with me for the right reasons." See how well that goes over. 

I don't know who is more irritating, Yve or Ari. I may need to FFW through the Yve segments too. That awful nervous laugh of hers is so grating. Plus, as I mentioned in the Live Chat, Mohammed pinged my gaydar. My entire room was mysteriously filled with the unmistakable scent of too much Drakkar Noir every time he was on screen. Plus, it couldn't be more obvious that he wants a mommy, not a wife. She should tell her "squad" friend who asked whether he plays with her nipples, that he does, but only because he's trying to get milk out of them.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, suzeecat said:

It's a Real Housewives staple also.  Staged or not, whether Ari deserved it or not, I think it was a disgusting display of anger on the last night she was to spend with her beloved brother.  Grow up, sisters!

Re bidet-gate, can someone educate me on this please?  So, after you do your business and get your undercarriage power-washed, how do dry off?  Toilet paper?  I thought that was the point of the bidet, to reduce the wasteful use of toilet paper?  Do people just pull up their drawers and let them absorb???  Inquiring minds  . . . .

Mine has a dryer on it, but if you are pressed for time, you can always dry off with a little TP. I HIGHLY recommend it. It will change your life. 

On another note, I love how everyone is referring to Yve's man as Egyptian Tim. That is the first thing I thought of when he showed up. 😂

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I have actually flown into Rapid City, SD (very small airport, I think he drove to another one)

You're right! I also flew to RC for a National Parks trip which began at Mt. Rushmore. We took a small plane from Denver (apparently the nearest international airport) and it was a very small regional airport. Rapid City was very laid back and they pretty much "rolled up the sidewalks" at night. Miona is going to hate it! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

You're right! I also flew to RC for a National Parks trip which began at Mt. Rushmore. We took a small plane from Denver (apparently the nearest international airport) and it was a very small regional airport. Rapid City was very laid back and they pretty much "rolled up the sidewalks" at night. Miona is going to hate it! 

So the pace of life is slow in Rapid City.

• LOL 5

On another note, I love how everyone is referring to Yve's man as Egyptian Tim. That is the first thing I thought of when he showed up. 😂

Is it just me or does anyone else see Bilal's resemblance to Josh Altman on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles?  I think it is the mouth.

• LOL 1
On 5/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, MrBuhBye said:

The thing is if they do get to NYC or SoCal they aren’t going to be living in Manhattan or Brentwood. She is not going to be happy in Queens or Anaheim.

The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Anaheim, CA is currently $1,930. This is a 17% increase compared to the previous year.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Mo might figure he needs a bidet because if he goes to the bathroom between prayer sessions he'll have to do his ablutions again. But its a ritual thing, not top to bottom body cleansing.

Maybe Mo's Mommy created a different and BETTER rituals for her little prince.  Yve had better follow suit.  Lover Boy will be asking Mommy to send written instructions on all aspects of his health, welfare, and happiness.

Edited by Back Atcha
weird merge
(edited)
19 hours ago, torontomeridith said:

Ari is a big ol' pain, but I swear this dialogue killed me and totally defines her.

30% Total Bullshit.png

Gawd, she's one unattractive hag!  In every sense of the word.  Each of her features taken separately are all equally unattractive.  Her attitude only magnifies her unattractiveness.  She stays with a snarl on her mug.

Edited by The Pearl
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Is it just me or does anyone else see Bilal's resemblance to Josh Altman on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles?  I think it is the mouth.

I'm unfamiliar with Josh Altman, but since you brought up Bilal's mouth -- it is as ugly as his attitude (or should I say his insecurities)!  He gets uglier each time he opens that mouth, too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Next Week: Kara and Yve make plans to get their boys, Guillermo and Mohamed, together for a play date.

So has Yve unloaded her special needs son on her ex for 3 months so she can play mommy to Mohammed?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ari and Bini.  Her parents pay for everything!  They rented Ari and Bini an apartment.  Ari’s not paying for the plane tickets or spending money either for sure. Aren’t they 30-ish?  How strange. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ari and Bini.  Her parents pay for everything!  They rented Ari and Bini an apartment.  Ari’s not paying for the plane tickets or spending money either for sure. Aren’t they 30-ish?  How strange. 

Bini will pay for everything once his butt bongo royalty checks come through.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, seacliffsal said:

I was mad at her during the dinner when she kept making demands (you legally have to have a ring-oh, so now she is a legal expert...).  She was rude about the engagement ring he gave to her and is planning an expensive wedding (demanding a wedding dress, etc.). 

I almost forgot about that. She must be something stupid to say that on tv as people know it's a lie and will call her out on it on social media. I mean if she wanted to lie to him she could have said the current one pinches since she's gained weight or something.  

45 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

So has Yve unloaded her special needs son on her ex for 3 months so she can play mommy to Mohammed?

If she doesn't have her son on for the rest of the season, I have to give her a pass.  I don't think kids should be on the show. 

• Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, Frozendiva said:

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda: I liked her taking her phone to show her mom her surroundings at the fake house. His B Grateful tee was a lot. Passive aggressive. Whip out your gratitude journal, Bil. Shaeeda took the joke and the move to his real life a little too kindly. I might not show my anger, but it would be there for a while until he apologized for being an ass. If he is so worried about attracting a gold digger, he will attract one! Lying about visiting mom (on the second day?) was wrong. He should have explained his childhood home properly and not in the way he did - to show her where he came from and that he respects his roots. I also don't get the whole 'romantic' rose petals on the bed. It may seem 'romantic' but it is just a mess for someone to clean up. Buy a bouquet of flowers, some nice scented candles if both like candles, some nice bath stuff. I hope that Shaeeda has enough personal power to stand up to him and assert her needs. Otherwise, she's facing a monthly report card. And a stash of her own, complete with F as the main grade for him.

Yve and Mohamed: Red flags! Danger Will Robinson! Yve, you already have a 12 year old with special needs. Now you are bringing home a 25 year old with special type needs - need for mommying, need for the unconditional love of mama, to be pampered and taken care of.  Does Mohamed have any idea of what his life will be in the US? He just expects a sugar mama who will foot his lifestyle? Does he have any idea what being a caregiver to her son entails - that he will be expected to help out? What does he offer to a relationship except a nice body and that he talks slowly? He doesn't seem able to meet a lot of Yve's emotional or other needs.  Instead of focusing on the bidet he wants, focus on how he can make her life a little easier as a partner. Unless there is a serious grown-up talk and what is what and what is expected of each other, this relationship is probably doomed.

Ari and Bini: We don't need to continue their story. This isn't a soap and one does not announce to one's family that they are moving to another country the day before they leave. Like a soap, one announces they need to get to Africa or wherever, and are on the next plane and they are written out. How they can afford an expensive last minute ticket? Who knows.  Bini had plenty of time to tell his sisters. Only satisfying scene was the sister throwing the red wine on Ari - shame about the white dress - most likely a producer suggested thing. I expect that scene to be all over Twitter.

Miona and Jibby: She is not going to like living on the prairie. Reality really sucks for these two. Jibby is not an A list musician who makes a lot of money each year. Seems like a lot was spent on luxury vacations. Covid hit the music industry hard. No tours, maybe online Facebook type shows and maybe some paid online gigs. Maybe there is a demand for Black Serbs merch? They did some Bandcamp stuff? Jibby is not at the level to really command much money for even doing things like that. Doubt his band is getting millions of streams on music streaming services. So South Dakota it is. Miona's city is around 250,000 people compared to the 90,000 for Rapid City. It's a smaller city in a rural surrounding and yeah, Mioni, there will be vehicles. The boxes you see from the plane are farms/sections/acres. It is unlikely to be a European walking city. You may have been tired but you could have said something nice about South Dakota - the fresh air, clear skies. Nope. You were very rude. And yeah, you will be expected to earn your keep by doing some household stuff. Jibby's mom seemed nice enough to her prospective daughter-in-law. Jibs needs to show Mioni the LA rental scene and how much it costs to live there - rent is high, utility costs are high, gas for the car is high, she'll be spending hours commuting to places. Her caviar dreams right now are on a half fishstick budget. How does she plan to help out with expenses? Jibs is a bit aways from any sort of major success. Strutting around like a Kardashian in that town? Nope. Winter is coming and it does snow, she will notice less daylight, and it can get pretty cold - a big difference from a lot of European cities in winter. 

Can I love your post 10000 times?

I've been to Spearfish (close to Rapid) as it was our base for a geology field camp.  I've also done Rushmore and Wind Cave.  I actually liked South Dakota (there's also De Smet farther east, where Laura Ingalls Wilder spent her growing-up years), but maybe for natives like Jibjab and family, all that gets old when you've seen it 1,000,000 times.  Jibri talks a good talk about saving money, but at heart he's just like Miona-champagne taste on a beer budget.   He couldn't afford a cheeseburger in Glendale.

I can't tell if Mohammed is straight out of the "bezness" trope, if he's speaking slowly because English is a second language, or if he's a good guy.  Even if he's a good guy, he's straight out of Hamza and Zied's playbook in that all three were fussed over and treated like kings by their mothers.  None of them can do anything job-wise, let alone meet the emotional needs of their women.  Culturally, he's going to want to be taken care of as the "man" of the house, and individually, he's not matured.  

I've also wondered if the pictures were really of him, as he doesn't seem that hot in person.  Regardless, there is no way that he's going to pull his weight when life gets real and not sexy time all the time, and no way will he be able to handle her son.  He'll come to resent him, putting her in an impossible situation of her own making.

So Ari gets a face full of wine and Bini sits there like a limp you know.  I would have punched someone, even family, for dissing my partner.  What the heck is this telling your friends and family "Oh, I'm moving to America tomorrow!"  I don't know if it was Ari's place to say anything (as one of the sisters said), but they had a lot of time to let them know-and she went along with it.  She does almost the same thing-"My ex is coming to visit, and he's staying with us".  

Kobe looks at Emily like Ari looked at Bini when he didn't have his dreadlocks.  Being all the way in China made their fling sizzle, and now that they're in good old Kansas, he's realizing there's no chemistry, nothing in common, only a child.  Plus, he's going to live with her family in one of the least diverse (I think) regions of the country.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 5/2/2022 at 6:26 PM, greekmom said:

These women are so stupid with getting preggos with their vacation lay and/or bringing them to the States. 

I could understand if they got pregnant after a drunken one night stand, but many of these women had unprotected sex for weeks or months with their "vacay lay." I can't help but think they deliberately got pregnant. Looking at you, Ari, Kalani, Yara, Olga, Emily (with Sasha) and now this Emily. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I could understand if they got pregnant after a drunken one night stand, but many of these women had unprotected sex for weeks or months with their "vacay lay." I can't help but think they deliberately got pregnant. Looking at you, Ari, Kalani, Yara, Olga, Emily (with Sasha) and now this Emily. 

Cast members do seem to have a lackadaisical attitude towards birth control. And I’m including the males, because pregnancy has consequences for them, too.

• Love 7

Getting pregnant (accidentally or on purpose) would be the least of my worries with some of these guys. Having unprotected sex with strangers from areas of the world with high HIV prevalence is insane.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Getting pregnant (accidentally or on purpose) would be the least of my worries with some of these guys. Having unprotected sex with strangers from areas of the world with high HIV prevalence is insane.

Sadly some young people think it is now easily controllable with meds so worth the risk.  First who wants to be on meds the rest of your life.  Second the meds can have unpleasant side effects.

• Love 2