Type keyword(s) to search

Yvette and Mohamed

• Start Topic

Yvette, 48 (Albuquerque, N.M.) and Mohamed, 25 (Egypt). Despite a 23-year age gap, Mohamed slid into Yvette's DMs after noticing their shared love of fitness. The flirtation became an engagement when Yvette traveled to Egypt to meet Mohamed in person. At home, Yvette has a 12-year-old son with special needs, meaning Mohamed is going to be closer in age to his future stepson than to his wife if they say "I do." On top of that, the culture norms in the States are different from what Mohamed is used to, and he's not sure he's comfortable with the independent and carefree way Yvette lives her life. Will the realities of life together be too much for this couple's relationship to survive? 

Edited by greekmom
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, greekmom said:

So MO is clarifying what he means by Yve loving him like his mother...

Screenshot_20220503-120806_Instagram~2.jpg

That's what most people want but the only person she needs to love unconditionally is her son & not dollar store Tim.

• Love 6

Is there anyone concerned about how her son fits into this relationship? If she were without kids, I would just watch the her no issues and see where the journey go. Her son has so many needs and at least how TLC is showing Mohammad, it does not seem like he knows what reponsbility she has. 

I also was confused when she said she left her ex because he was not supportive of parent but it seems like he is the one with the child while she is with Mohammad so did he just recently step up and help? I kind of would rather they did not film her child or any of the kids on this show. There is so much drama usually and filming can be very long and kids do not need anymore stress. 

• Love 12

I agree that while it adds interest and context to show the children, I don't think it's a good thing for many reasons. Mostly I think it's just an invasion of their privacy . 

As my DD remarked about people posting pix of their kids  non stop on FB-------the kids never signed up for this and it just is not right.

Especially with Yve's son's issues, I mean it helped explain her situation but it just didnt feel right.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I agree that while it adds interest and context to show the children, I don't think it's a good thing for many reasons. Mostly I think it's just an invasion of their privacy . 

I agree. I don't like it when the kids are a big focus on the storyline (like Molly for example).  Especially one with special needs.  Yve should have been smarter and worked in some deal to only have the kid on 1x for backstory and that's that.

I don't think Mohamed is cut out for being a parent and especially a parent to a special needs child.  He's going to want to be the front and center of Yve's life.  

• Love 3

watching tonight- a little confused as I don' t see any other posts?? ( am I in the wrong place?)

So she has a plumber come to install the bidet, and lo and behold, Mo tells her she should not be in the house with the plumber. According to Islam she cannot be in the same room or area of the house with a man. She does not take it well. I am always amazed at this. He can sleep in her bed with her, but she should not be speaking with another man. I love how they pick and choose how to follow a religion.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

watching tonight- a little confused as I don' t see any other posts?? ( am I in the wrong place?)

So she has a plumber come to install the bidet, and lo and behold, Mo tells her she should not be in the house with the plumber. According to Islam she cannot be in the same room or area of the house with a man. She does not take it well. I am always amazed at this. He can sleep in her bed with her, but she should not be speaking with another man. I love how they pick and choose how to follow a religion.

This is the right place for the couples.  Most of the snark is under the episode, or the live stream.

• Love 2

I didn't realize she was going to have to become a Muslim woman in order to be in good stead with Mohammed.  Who knew??  She should have moved to Egypt instead of him moving to New Mexico!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Either this scene was set up for the show, or it shows he is immature and jealous? I wonder why he did not ask her if she works with any men? or if her son has any medical professionals that are males? How does he know when she is gone all day she is not alone with male clients or co-workers? 

I also fault her for not doing more research into his beleifs. What did they talk about for a year or whatever time they waited for the visa. If there are going to be such strict rules you need to speak up in the beginging. I think Yve thought she was getting a dream a hot sexy young man and a cool pal and babysitter for her son.  

• Love 9

I don't have any sympathy for Yve at all as she could have easily researched the expectations within a Muslim marriage and cultural expectations.  I am always blown away by the 90 Dayers who don't look into cultural and religious norms and then act all surprised when their fiance doesn't want them to do something.  Of course, every single one of them then responds "well, you're in America now (or, the always popular option), well, I'm an American..."

The one I do feel sympathy for?  Her son.  I really dislike it when children are a part of these disastrous relationships.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't have any sympathy for Yve at all as she could have easily researched the expectations within a Muslim marriage and cultural expectations.  I am always blown away by the 90 Dayers who don't look into cultural and religious norms and then act all surprised when their fiance doesn't want them to do something.  Of course, every single one of them then responds "well, you're in America now (or, the always popular option), well, I'm an American..."

The one I do feel sympathy for?  Her son.  I really dislike it when children are a part of these disastrous relationships.

I think Yve thought he said he was a muslin and was just expressing his fabric preference.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

I was looking through Yve's IG and she goes by Doctor Yve but I could not tell if she is a doctor? I look at various sites and some say she studied Oriental Medicine but there is no degree, one says DOM LMT but her schooling is listed as BA in Psych, LMT at a massage school and an acupuncture certification from a chain of schools now out of business . It says she worked for 19 years as a PT aide and then switched to Eastern Medicine doing the acupucnture (and cupping, massages and other herbs and natural treatments). She goes by Dr so I was just curious if she is one? I understand the difference between a MD, DO, DOM but I cant find any DOM education she went to unless it is online? and she does not list it with her other degrees and she is so detailed like paragraphs about program she went to?and there seems to be no time between her college and 19 years as a PT aide to become a doctor. 

I also think there might be a side we are not seeing. She looks like she likes the spotlight and might want some fame (she is an aspiring rapper and also seems to really want to be known as Dr Yve and wants to show people natural treatments). I found an old youtube channel of Mohamad's.  He is also into the natural healing and this was before he met her. He has some stuff on testerone and she now offers something similair in her office? I wonder if they have some other connections besides just sexy times, and they have a business plan about the natural medicine? 

It also seems as if she visited him a few times and not just for a few days, they have spent a good chunk of time together. I guess most of these scenes might be reinactments or very staged. 

One thing that made me feel better about her son, and makes some sense with the story, is that she said her son rarely accepts new people but was drawn to Mohammad. I know plenty of people make fun of Mohammad's calm baby voice but it seems like her son really took to Mohammad with his calm gentile ways. She said she was happy and it was rare her son would hug someone like he did Mohamad on first meeting. Hopefully things are not what the edit seems, and maybe they have more in common and her son really likes him. Yve posted something vague about the thong and dress being another issue (like TLC editted as something other then what it was or out of context, it was something about a work day and rushing). I also can say their social media is full of I love you more's. While it seems like high school in a way, it is better then some of the fights from last seasons couples. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 7
9 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t know about New Mexico but in some states you can get in big trouble for falsely using the title Doctor. 

I believe that even if you were awarded an honorary doctorate, you're not supposed to use the title. At the very least, it's poor form.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Can Yve only work with female clients now? 

She can work with male clients, as long as she isn’t wearing a bikini or visible thong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

She looks like she likes the spotlight and might want some fame (she is an aspiring rapper and also seems to really want to be known as Dr Yve and wants to show people natural treatments

Maybe she wants to be the female Dr. Dre (who as far as I can tell doesn't hold any advanced degrees in any field) 

2 minutes ago, Gobi said:
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Can Yve only work with female clients now? 

She can work with male clients, as long as she isn’t wearing a bikini or visible thong.

or is in the same room with him which would make it pretty difficult to perform her services 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I have seen a business called "Doctor Muffler." Does that mean all the automotive technicians have advanced degrees?  

No, it means they muffle doctors.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7

Quite honestly I think Mohammed is being a turd.  He was okay with her wearing a bikini when he met her but now he isn't?  He is okay with sleeping with her outside of marriage but wants to put limits on everything else?  Way to pick and choose your rules dude!

And I think she's kind of an idiot too.  She should have drawn those lines in the sand about not being on board with all his religious restrictions well before she brought him over to be her sex toy/babysitter/bidet installer, etc.

By the way, her friends were way out of line.  Who sits around and asks those questions of your friend's lover?  Well maybe just not my friends group...I can't even imagine (producer driven I am sure).

• Love 6

Apparently, Yve has earned the title "Doctor": https://acupunctureplus.us/tcm-doctors-people-dont-know-oriental-medicine-doctors/

taken from this article: "Before entering an Oriental or Eastern medicine school, (most are referred to as Traditional Chinese Medicine schools,) the candidate must have either a Bachelor’s Degree in any specialization or at least 60 credit units of undergraduate studies, depending on the entrance requirements of the college. The course is four academic years, with 3,109 hours being required to complete with passing grades to graduate. At graduation, a Master’s degree is obtained. Recently, in the last few years, there are many doctor degree programs popping up at Traditional Chinese Medicine Schools. This is a two-year program (beyond the required four years of a Master’s program), with intensive didactic and clinical hours, requirements and a research project which must be orally defended before the practitioner can graduate. The practitioner has an option for a clinical or Ph.D. program, but most of them are clinical and the practitioner will earn a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine title (DAOM), which is analogous to Western medicine’s M.D. title. A Ph.D. program is another degree and would be additional didactic hours and another/different research project and thesis."

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Actually he has a legit Doctorate along with several honorary ones (many of which have been stripped away) 

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2004/12/07/cosby-earned-doctorate-but-in-unusual-way/

I have seen a business called "Doctor Muffler." Does that mean all the automotive technicians have advanced degrees?  

Apparently the official one is a matter of some debate.  You are supposed to have a bachelors as a prerequisite (he doesn’t) and he attended just one weekend of classes.

3 hours ago, Gobi said:

No, it means they muffle doctors.

Dr Pepper was originally a laxative I have heard.  

39 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently, Yve has earned the title "Doctor": https://acupunctureplus.us/tcm-doctors-people-dont-know-oriental-medicine-doctors/

taken from this article: "Before entering an Oriental or Eastern medicine school, (most are referred to as Traditional Chinese Medicine schools,) the candidate must have either a Bachelor’s Degree in any specialization or at least 60 credit units of undergraduate studies, depending on the entrance requirements of the college. The course is four academic years, with 3,109 hours being required to complete with passing grades to graduate. At graduation, a Master’s degree is obtained. Recently, in the last few years, there are many doctor degree programs popping up at Traditional Chinese Medicine Schools. This is a two-year program (beyond the required four years of a Master’s program), with intensive didactic and clinical hours, requirements and a research project which must be orally defended before the practitioner can graduate. The practitioner has an option for a clinical or Ph.D. program, but most of them are clinical and the practitioner will earn a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine title (DAOM), which is analogous to Western medicine’s M.D. title. A Ph.D. program is another degree and would be additional didactic hours and another/different research project and thesis."

So it’s kinda sketchy like chiropractors.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Apparently the official one is a matter of some debate.  You are supposed to have a bachelors as a prerequisite (he doesn’t) and he attended just one weekend of classes.

But he defended his dissertation on Fat Albert! (I kid you not) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, jojo3couleurs said:

I think that 'Egyptian Tim' is a good tongue twister. I like to say it randomly to check if I can say it faster.

Just say “Egypt Tim”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

To me it's obvious that Mo thinks the second he can get a green card, that he'll just apply and import his mother.     He has a sponsor in Yve, so I'm guessing he'll pressure Yve to sponsor her too.    Does Mo actually have job skills?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

To me it's obvious that Mo thinks the second he can get a green card, that he'll just apply and import his mother.     He has a sponsor in Yve, so I'm guessing he'll pressure Yve to sponsor her too.  

It can happen fairly quickly but not right away.  Alexi of Loren and Alexi is bringing his parents over now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It can happen fairly quickly but not right away.  Alexi of Loren and Alexi is bringing his parents over now.

Hasn't he been a citizen for a few years though? I don't think you could bring your parents over on a green card  which you only get for 2 years at first before you can even apply for citizenship. I've never really looked into it as both of my parents would laugh at me for even suggesting they might want to move here and even after 18 years I've never felt the desire to change my citizenship from British but I might one day consider dual if only to not get the shit I get from the border guys here when I do travel back home.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Hasn't he been a citizen for a few years though? I don't think you could bring your parents over on a green card  which you only get for 2 years at first before you can even apply for citizenship. I've never really looked into it as both of my parents would laugh at me for even suggesting they might want to move here and even after 18 years I've never felt the desire to change my citizenship from British but I might one day consider dual if only to not get the shit I get from the border guys here when I do travel back home.

Yeah I just meant as compared to siblings which can take 15-20 years.

• Love 4
On 7/11/2022 at 12:16 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

To me it's obvious that Mo thinks the second he can get a green card, that he'll just apply and import his mother.     He has a sponsor in Yve, so I'm guessing he'll pressure Yve to sponsor her too.    Does Mo actually have job skills?   

They are a shit show (jmo).  He needs to fly his ass back to Egypt (is this the right couple??).  It's tough.

• Love 4
On 7/11/2022 at 11:58 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

My husband was here 20 years before he decided he was fed up with renewing his green card.  He was also concerned about the political situation.  He's now an official US citizen with a US passport & is looking into renewing his British passport.  (Well, it's currently an EU passport.)  There are really no drawbacks, Welshman.  Where in Wales are you from?  Hubby's family is in Chepstow but he grew up in Brum.

• Love 4

Not to be morbid but can you imagine what Mo is like in bed, that voice whispering strange nothings in your ear for a whole 8 seconds.

Sorry, that is where my mind goes on occasion.  I mean what could Yve get out of their sexy time? 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 12

I haven't heard Mo say he wants to bring his mother here (although he probably does).  I have heard him say he wants to go and see his mother in Egypt.  I suspect he will spend more time in Egypt than in the US once he gets the ability to travel freely between the two countries.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2022 at 7:15 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Not to be morbid but can you imagine what Mo is like in bed, that voice whispering strange nothings in your ear for a whole 8 seconds.

Sorry, that is where my mind goes on occasion.  I mean what could Yve get out of their sexy time? 

Thank you I needed something to suppress my appetite today. 😃

• Wink 3
  • LOL 1
On 7/13/2022 at 8:04 AM, RoxiP said:

I haven't heard Mo say he wants to bring his mother here (although he probably does).  I have heard him say he wants to go and see his mother in Egypt.  I suspect he will spend more time in Egypt than in the US once he gets the ability to travel freely between the two countries.  

IIRC, it takes at least one year to get a green card and you cannot leave the US during that time. Maybe that's changed since my friends went through this but my friend's Dutch husband went over the San Diego border to Tijuana to do humanitarian work and it really fucked up his green card process because technically he left the country when he wasn't allowed to. Mo is an idiot with his "let me find another sponsor" bullshit. He really is a dimwit but so is she and they need to just break up. If he'd have told me "get me a plane ticket", his ass would be packed and I'd be supervising him on to the plane, with law enforcement knowing that he is being sent back home so someone can monitor his ugly ass on to his international flight and be sure he's left the country. She is an idiot.

• Applause 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, gingerella said:

He really is a dimwit.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, gingerella said:

She is an idiot.

AND...she wants another baby!!!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3

Okay, they're both morons and neither one should procreate again or at all. The world does not need another Mohammed or Yve. But when he said he would just get another sponsor? If I was her his ass would be at the airport waiting to board his flight and if I had to fly with him to see him onto his international flight I'd do that. He pretty much gave away his intentions with that remark.

• Like 1
  • Love 4