Type keyword(s) to search

Emily and Kobe

• Start Topic

Emily, 29 (Salina, Kan.) and Kobe, 34 (Cameroon).  Emily left her small town for the bustling city of Xi'an, China, to teach English. While out clubbing one night, she met Kobe, and the connection was instant. Within two weeks, their one-night stand turned into an engagement, and a pregnancy followed soon after. When Emily returned to Kansas, they both assumed Kobe's visa would be quickly approved, but the pandemic delayed him by almost two years. During that time, Emily gave birth to their son and has been raising and supporting him on her own, while Kobe has not even had the chance to meet him yet. The pair is ready to reunite and become a family, but will their relationship be the same given all the physical, geographical, and familial changes since that fateful night out in China? 

• Love 1

So, Emily's father supports his wife, his other adult daughter, Emily, and now Kobe, plus the baby Koban.     Anyone want to guess what kind of job Kobe qualifies for when he actually gets a work permit?   International Underwear Model probably doesn't have any future in Salina, KS. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Emily's father supports his wife, his other daughter, Emily, and now Kobe, plus the baby Koban.     Anyone want to guess what kind of job Kobe qualifies for when he actually gets a work permit?   International Underwear Model probably doesn't have any future in Salina, KS. 

Butt bongo player is already taken.

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Butt bongo player is already taken.

He can be an aspiring rapper or a personal trainer!

Seriously, Emily is in for a rude awakening and I am all in for it.  Toddler will take a bit of time to bond with dad but then he will be attached.  I really really NEED for Toddler to prefer Dad.  Emily will be crushed and angry and again, I am all in for it.  Guess your plan isn't working?  I think his feelings towards her will fizzle when he sees how she treats her parents.  In Africa you do NOT treat your parents with looked like borderline disgust.  Then again, they allow it.  If it were me?  "You are moving out.  You have 60 days.  You are 28, 29.  Grow up."  "What?  YOUR GRANDSON WILL BE HOMELESS?"  "No, Toddler will be just fine, he will be here with us.  Need help with apartments.com?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Does Emily work? I mean, I know Covid shut down a lot of shit, but at this point, she could be doing SOMETHING to bring in cash.  Maybe KS is different but where I live, the hospitality industry is offering cash sign on bonuses to recruit. Once Kobe arrives they will be quite the power couple, won't they? Those poor parents. Reminds me of a person when we were planning a high school reunion, she blasted the organizers for charging for the events because "well, me and my husband are both full time stay at home parents to our kids so we can't afford that" and I thought how are you BOTH stay at home parents? So you just both don't work and live off welfare?? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Does Emily work? I mean, I know Covid shut down a lot of shit, but at this point, she could be doing SOMETHING to bring in cash.  Maybe KS is different but where I live, the hospitality industry is offering cash sign on bonuses to recruit. Once Kobe arrives they will be quite the power couple, won't they? Those poor parents. Reminds me of a person when we were planning a high school reunion, she blasted the organizers for charging for the events because "well, me and my husband are both full time stay at home parents to our kids so we can't afford that" and I thought how are you BOTH stay at home parents? So you just both don't work and live off welfare?? 

1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Yes. Reminds me of something a guy who worked for me said once, something to the effect of that he had to quit because his girlfriend was due to have  their baby and he needed to be home with them full time once it was born.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, Stuckathome said:

I think she said she nannies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

In 90 Day fiance speak is nanny either a part time day care worker, or baby sitter sometimes for the neighbors?  Or does she just sit around the house, sponging off of her father, and whining about Kobe not being there?    You know Kobe's sponsor has to be Daddy. 

Kobe and Emily said something about him owning a diner he sold, and that's when she said he could buy her an expensive engagement and wedding ring, and pay for the fancy wedding.  I'm guessing Emily will expect her father to foot the bill for the wedding too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In 90 Day fiance speak is nanny either a part time day care worker, or baby sitter sometimes for the neighbors?  

Better yet, she sits around and watches her own kid and calls herself a nanny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I could sworn I heard her say that she can take her son there, too.

I know 2 women who nanny and take their  grandsons (one toddler) with them to nanny. One has worked out ok, the other struggles because the parents of the child she nannies believes she puts her grandson first and their child isn't favored or loved as much. She's an awesome caregiver,  they are lucky to have her. I've told her to quit, they'll never find anyone as good. Safe and responsible caregivers are hard to find.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

In 90 Day fiance speak is nanny either a part time day care worker, or baby sitter sometimes for the neighbors? 

Yes, "nanny" sounds much classier* than babysitter. My guess is that a local woman with a job has Emily come to her house to watch her children and she brings little Covid along with her. 

* remember how pretentious Libby insisted she needed a NANNY, not a babysitter! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Holy crap, she is worthless.  This won’t end well.  

If I were Kobe, that dinner convo would have had me on the first flight back home.  No can do, though - since his son is there.

What an awful situation.  Forever tied to an entitled, immature, selfish brat - I’m guessing it won’t have been worth a couple weeks of rabbit sex.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Every time she’s talking on camera, I keep flashing back to that episode of Designing Women where Julia told the rich guy’s obnoxious mistress, “I find you rude, lazy, horny, and dumb”. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, OliversMom said:

Every time she’s talking on camera, I keep flashing back to that episode of Designing Women where Julia told the rich guy’s obnoxious mistress, “I find you rude, lazy, horny, and dumb”. 

Love that line, loved that show.

12 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Holy crap, she is worthless.  This won’t end well.  

If I were Kobe, that dinner convo would have had me on the first flight back home.  No can do, though - since his son is there.

What an awful situation.  Forever tied to an entitled, immature, selfish brat - I’m guessing it won’t have been worth a couple weeks of rabbit sex.  

It really won't end well at all.  Again, he is from Cameroon and when she displays snotty behavior towards Mom and Dad it won't sit right with him.

• Love 8

Emily needs to start showing more of a personality or something because right now she's behaving so rude, entitled and arrogant. This woman does NOTHING for herself, but expects everyone else to be "pulling their/(her) weight".

I believe that if a child has teeth and can use a spoon, they should NOT be nursing. That's when you realize the outspoken long term nursing mothers are THE ones who want keep it going, because the kids do not care. They just want food.

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

Emily needs to start showing more of a personality or something because right now she's behaving so rude, entitled and arrogant.

That IS her personality. The way she keeps cockblocking Kobe from bonding with their son is disgusting. She's a slothful, slovenly, deceitful pig of a person (no disrespect to pigs everywhere).

Also, I'm so tired of watching these miserable birches import foreign dick without one iota of understanding or respect for their SO's culture. I'd love to see the women in Kobe's family whip.Emily into shape.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

What I found odd was how everybody in her family apparently does what she wants...her grandmother said it out loud and the rest of the family just kind of laughed it off.  Why does Emily get to run the entire family?  That's so weird.  In my parents' home they were in charge, even after I was an adult.  Their house - their rules.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

What I found odd was how everybody in her family apparently does what she wants...her grandmother said it out loud and the rest of the family just kind of laughed it off.  Why does Emily get to run the entire family?  That's so weird. 

Sadly there are a LOT of families like this, where for whatever reason, one kid rules the show. We once were at a party and this woman had her two younger kids there. WHen I say young, they were maybe 10. I had interacted before with them and her kids were always brats. Anyway, a guy at the party was interacting with the youngest, the son....ad I forget how it all went down but next thing the kid is screaming and crying. THe mom talked to him and the guy is standing there incredulous and people are staring and asked what happened. He said the kid was doing X (cant' remember details) and he told him to stop and NO. And the mom said, yeah see the thing is, we don't ever tell him NO. NO is a bad word. He never hears it, so....please apologize. 

they soon left the party

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

What I found odd was how everybody in her family apparently does what she wants...her grandmother said it out loud and the rest of the family just kind of laughed it off.  Why does Emily get to run the entire family?  That's so weird.  In my parents' home they were in charge, even after I was an adult.  Their house - their rules.

I think the parents have dealt with the consequences of Emily's bad choices, which probably are made when they attempt to rein her in.  So they let her do what she wants, they do what she wants, and they have peace in the house.  But it's not doing Emily any favors.

• Love 4

Her parents need to be grateful that her baby daddy seems to be a nice, stable, polite and educated man who wants to be involved in his child's life and attempt a life with their daughter. I mean, underwear model isn't all that impressive, but I am guessing he has other marketable skills. If they don't appreciate him, they should chat w/Ariela's parents, or Kalani's parents. In terms of "our daughter got knocked up by a vacation lay in an exotic land" they hit the jackpot with the baby daddy. 

• Love 10

Kobe said something about selling a diner, or cafe, that's when Emily wanted to know how much money he had, started talking about a spectacular, expensive ring, and fancy wedding.    I'm wondering if she was less than impressed with performance, and the fact that he gained weight,  at the first night at the hotel, and then got mad when he refused to spend tens of thousands on her dream wedding, and is trying to drive him away?     I really bet she's already pregnant, so she won't have to go to work.  

• Love 3

$2,000 is the figure I remember from their conversation. I think that was his initial investment into buying the café, but it also might be what he sold it for. At any rate, it's hardly enough for either a modest ring or wedding and definitely won't cover both. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hope the Udderbeast's parents speak up on Kobe's behalf about their horrible daughter cockblocking Kobe from bonding with his own son. What a piece of shit this bitch is. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6

I really don't know how Emily can stand having a toddler crawl all over her tugging at her boobs constantly throughout the day and night, just literally grabbing and feeding non stop, I give her credit for not losing it, there I said something nice about her and it felt weird.

• LOL 10

Not trying to offend anyone who breast feeds their children for a long time. I think Emily is doing some of what my sister did with her son. She breast fed and co-slept with him for years because it was easy for her to pop out a boob and he’d fall asleep eating. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I really don't know how Emily can stand having a toddler crawl all over her tugging at her boobs constantly throughout the day and night, just literally grabbing and feeding non stop, I give her credit for not losing it, there I said something nice about her and it felt weird.

I bet it did feel weird!  I agree - loved my kids as toddlers but to be touched all damn day would get on my last nerve.

I am going to say something nice too - I agree that the toddler probably WAS thrown by a strange man, to him, over there, wanting to touch him.  That was a little weird but I have coffee to help.

11 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Not trying to offend anyone who breast feeds their children for a long time. I think Emily is doing some of what my sister did with her son. She breast fed and co-slept with him for years because it was easy for her to pop out a boob and he’d fall asleep eating. 

Was it hard for him to wean?  Was he ever able to fall asleep alone?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I bet it did feel weird!  I agree - loved my kids as toddlers but to be touched all damn day would get on my last nerve.

I am going to say something nice too - I agree that the toddler probably WAS thrown by a strange man, to him, over there, wanting to touch him.  That was a little weird but I have coffee to help.

Was it hard for him to wean?  Was he ever able to fall asleep alone?

It has been almost 20 years ago. But I swear she kept him in the bed with her and breast fed him till he was almost 3 or 4. I love my sister but it was just she was lazy and it was easier. It was bizarre!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

It has been almost 20 years ago. But I swear she kept him in the bed with her and breast fed him till he was almost 3 or 4. I love my sister but it was just she was lazy and it was easier. It was bizarre!

Well that's pretty much Emily right there too, isn't it?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Path of least resistance. I’ll bet good money that Emily has never disciplined Covid Koban. She won’t toilet train him (too much work) and he’ll never be made to sleep in his own bed. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Path of least resistance. I’ll bet good money that Emily has never disciplined Covid Koban. She won’t toilet train him (too much work) and he’ll never be made to sleep in his own bed. 

And if he goes to preschool - her come the phone calls home.   "Kobe seems to want to do what he wants to do....all day long!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone feel like there is some similarities between Kalini and Emily. Kalini was breastfeeding her 3 year old and 2 year old. Plus it is almost the same storyline. Kalini got pregnant and had the baby before Aseulo arrived. She lived with her family. When he arrived she did not want him doing anything with the baby because she had her rules. Kalini breastfeed and made him sleep in another room. Kalini's excuse to not working was breastfeeding. 

I understand people have different views about when a child should stop breatsfeeding. It seems agreed upon till age 1 is beneficial but after age one it is a good thing but a child can get have whole milk and solid foods and be okay if you cant produce milk or if you have to work. If you are living with your parents and need to work and you child is over 1 and the only thing holding you back from working is breastfeeding, it might be time to pump/breastfeed only at night. 

What I find odd about Kalini and Emily is they do not strike me as the type that would be advocating for moms to be stay at home moms and wives. Kalini has sure been vocal about not liking to do homework, cooking or childcare, yet she breastfeeds for years and says she cant work (yet she does have a college degree and it is in high demand in her area and she would be able to get a job in a day, maybe just with a phone call). Kalini talks about female empowement yet chooses to be a stay at home mom over a working mom. Emily form what we have seen thinks women should be in control yet from her edit we see someone who had a baby a year and a half ago and is still in her parents basement using breastfeeding as an excuse for not being able to do more the babysit other kids occasionally for a little spending money. 

To add to the breastfeeding stories when I was at a moms's play group years ago I was kind of taken back when a 4 year old was still breastfeeding. I guess it was weird at the time to see a child talking and playing at such a high level just pull up the mom's shirt and breatfeed. That was nothing compared to years later. One of my kids was in a gifted class (6-7 year olds) and we were at an arts night. My child had a friend who was brilliant, some adults could not do the math this 7 year old was doing.  So a 7 year old is talking about equations and varaibles and yes they still breatsfeed and co-slept. The child was in my child's class for years, and is brilliant(I have seen lots of perfect ACT/SAT kids 4.0 kids ranked #1 in their class kids, but this kid just beyond a good student & with their choosen science/math path could make some big discoveries) but they are so  socially awkward, the co-sleeping meant no sleepovers and other parents seem to shy away from social invites other them birthday parties.  Our area was for sure pro breatfeeding and even co-sleeping but there was a social  cut-off I kind of feel like when school started that both of these had to end. 

• Love 5

@silverspoons, I think a lot of women who breastfbreastfeed and co-sleep for years are doing so fir themselves not their child. The people I've known who did this, not many mind you, had no sense of self and motherhood became their entire reason for existence. So if they weaned and had the kid sleeping in their own room then their 'job' is over. At least this is my theory on those I know who've done this. I find it rather sad that women have children and lose who they were as an individual. Then there's Emily and I think she's just a lazy fuck who will hide behind breastfeeding snd co-sleeeping as her job so she doesn't have to get an actual paying job. Lazy sloth.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

My sister's daughter-in-law was like this.  From birth, she lugged that baby around literally 24/7 to avoid doing anything except breastfeeding.  "I just can't put this little girl down for even 5 minutes."  Note that said baby, strictly breastfed, was obese by the time she was about 10 months old.  I'm not even sure when the baby was started on solid food because she was latched onto a breast constantly.  

I think she and Emily would get along fabulously.  

7 hours ago, gingerella said:

@silverspoons, I think a lot of women who breastfbreastfeed and co-sleep for years are doing so fir themselves not their child. The people I've known who did this, not many mind you, had no sense of self and motherhood became their entire reason for existence. So if they weaned and had the kid sleeping in their own room then their 'job' is over. At least this is my theory on those I know who've done this. I find it rather sad that women have children and lose who they were as an individual. Then there's Emily and I think she's just a lazy fuck who will hide behind breastfeeding snd co-sleeeping as her job so she doesn't have to get an actual paying job. Lazy sloth.

Agree 100% (see my post just above this one).

My sister's daughter-in-law used that baby as an excuse to not help with anything around the house (she, her husband and the baby were all mooching off of  staying with my sister and her husband, and that heifer wouldn't even carry her own dirty plate into the kitchen.  My sister was waiting on her hand and foot because she just had to be breastfeeding 24/7.  Lazy asshole.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

My neighbor co slept with her baby/toddler since he was born, made a big deal about setting up the nursery, crib, rocking chair, etc...never used that room once.  So when it is bedtime for the kid it is bed time for her too, so she has to go to bed, lights off at like 7:30pm every night.  She stopped breast feeding early on so she didn't have to be tied to the kid for feedings. The co sleeping thing seems a bit lazy but I just don't think it is safe for an infant or am I being silly?  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My neighbor co slept with her baby/toddler since he was born, made a big deal about setting up the nursery, crib, rocking chair, etc...never used that room once.  So when it is bedtime for the kid it is bed time for her too, so she has to go to bed, lights off at like 7:30pm every night.  She stopped breast feeding early on so she didn't have to be tied to the kid for feedings. The co sleeping thing seems a bit lazy but I just don't think it is safe for an infant or am I being silly?  

I think it can also be a way to avoid intimacy with their partner, not just sexual but any kind of intimacy. It's just weird to me. Then again, Emily basically forced Kobe to have sex with her right off the plane so...as others have said, lazy ass heifer probably wants to get knocked up again so she'll always be able to use her baby shield as an anti work device. 

ETA: Emily's mother looks cowed and whipped and frightened of her own shadow. I doubt her parents ever disciplined her and now they have a monster on their hands.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2022 at 1:15 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

um...I'm gonna share my unpopular opinion and say that lazy is right.  People do it under the guise of "...it's so healthy and we bond," but I think it's just plain lazy when they are THAT old.  They want to do what's easier for themselves.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I think it can also be a way to avoid intimacy with their partner, not just sexual but any kind of intimacy. It's just weird to me. Then again, Emily basically forced Kobe to have sex with her right off the plane so...as others have said, lazy ass heifer probably wants to get knocked up again so she'll always be able to use her baby shield as an anti work device. 

ETA: Emily's mother looks cowed and whipped and frightened of her own shadow. I doubt her parents ever disciplined her and now they have a monster on their hands.

Yeah, not sure how you get a second child with one sleeping between you and your mate...avoiding intimacy would not be something Emily wanted, I mean she has all that tiny lingerie she has yet to wear, lol. If Emily does get knocked up again I cannot imagine what that breast feeding would look like, I am picturing Shark Week sort of feeding frenzy.

As far as I am concerned Emily is in training to be another Ari.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yeah, not sure how you get a second child with one sleeping between you and your mate...avoiding intimacy would not be something Emily wanted, I mean she has all that tiny lingerie she has yet to wear, lol. If Emily does get knocked up again I cannot imagine what that breast feeding would look like, I am picturing Shark Week sort of feeding frenzy.

It is not Ari , it is Kalini.  Kalini had the 2 kids co-sleeping and breatsfeeding on the show. That is when she kicked Asuleo out of the bed. There was one kid on each side.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think that was the purpose of the hotel night after she picked him up at the airport?    I don't think she likes him anymore, and would be thrilled if he left.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

It is not Ari , it is Kalini.  Kalini had the 2 kids co-sleeping and breatsfeeding on the show. That is when she kicked Asuleo out of the bed. There was one kid on each side.  

And she will also live off her parents for as long as she can ala Ari.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And she will also live off her parents for as long as she can ala Ari.

I think Emily again is more Kalini since Kalini and Emily  live with a mom and dad and  a sister and sleep in the basement with their man and bab(ies) and share the upstairs kitchen.  Ari I think got a step better then Kalini or Emily since her parents paid for her to live on her own,  to have the apartment and nanny in Africa and now the apartment in the US. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, zenme said:

um...I'm gonna share my unpopular opinion and say that lazy is right.  People do it under the guise of "...it's so healthy and we bond," but I think it's just plain lazy when they are THAT old.  They want to do what's easier for themselves.  

Just like I see people who still give their kids beyond aged 2 a pacifier, because they don't want to hear them making noise or screaming.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Just like I see people who still give their kids beyond aged 2 a pacifier, because they don't want to hear them making noise or screaming.

Probably the same ones who let their toddler drink Coke out of a baby bottle.

• Love 2