Type keyword(s) to search

S47.E17: Jake Gyllenhaal / Camila Cabello

• Start Topic

I'm really liking this show so far.

I liked the cold open. I knew Ketanji Brown Jackson would be a good role for Ego. And it was nice to work in RBG one more time.

The monologue was fantastic. I like that he did another song as a callback to the first one. (I have to admit what I remember about the first one is mostly his gigantic arms. Go watch it again.)

Both the Garden and Chuckie sketches were so delightfully strange.

• Love 6

Michael Che is being so off the cuff funny in WU tonight.  And I LOVE when Aidy and Bowen do the trends.  They're so perfect!

Jake G. is really naturally funny without much effort so I'm liking this episode.  I had to skip the flowers sketch though.

Oh god, now this Cowboy blood sketch ?  That's another FF.

Jake is so talented, they should be doing better sketches than this.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, saoirse said:

The Instagram game show has me rethinking how I like posts… 😁

Me, too!!

I missed bits of this show because I was flipping back and forth between SNL and a Breaking Bad marathon but finally! a comedy song I liked again - the I'm-enough-for-me-song sung by the quartet.

WU was great. They're still my favorite WU hosts.

I liked the second song by the musical guest. Loved the hook line.

I think Punkie has the cutest stage presence. I just feel better when she's on and smile automatically.

The trucker sketch was pretty much meh until El Chapo which totally cracked me up.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 3

Cold Open: "One campaign promise down, 74 to go!" Justice Jackson meets the ghost of RBG! Eh, it's a way to get a Ginsburn one more time. I liked how Thurgood Marshall (oh thank God it was him), Harriet Tubman (Punkie in a sketch!) and Jackie Robinson showed up, too! This one was at least sweet and kinda wholesome. Hey, it's definitely history we're seeing here.

Monologue: I saw the first Jake Gyllenhaal show live (and live-commenting it back on the old TWOP forums). I remember the gay cowboys, but not the Dreamgirls bit. I absolutely loved the callbacks to it, though.

Why'd You Like It?: Oh nooooo, a game show about problematic instagram likes. And then the lightning rounds about problematic follows and story reactions. It's all the same: we think we're gonna have sex.

Dream Home Cousins: Love that awful cat puppet. My parents love these dumb HGTV shows, it's about time they got taken down a peg. I laughed so hard about the collection of ducks dressed as gangsters. And Kate in general. JAJ is perfect as a twiggy mama's boy.

The Singers Four: Cecily and Bowen in a cabaret sketch, I knew to expect gold. So many people on the reddit live thread were mad because they expected an Angelo sketch. I could appreciate a song about little wins. (My mom can certainly say she has a son who has a friend)

Flowers: I was wondering how a sketch about singing plants was gonna get weird, and here comes Bowen as a bee humping everyone's heads. And then here comes Kyle, perfectly cast as a weed. And then a dog. And then Jake Flowerhaal (ha) gets sliced in half.

Chucky: Well, this was weird and unexpected.

WU: "Cool it with the long neck jokes." They were on fire tonight. Good to see the Trend Forecasters again.

Cough, Cough, Bang, Bang: Man, how many sketches are gonna involve castmembers getting wet with stuff? First the flowers, and now cowboys getting covered in fake blood. Sets and costumes looked great.

Therapist: Melissa AND Punkie leading a sketch?! This was a odd one.

Truck You, You Truckin' Truck: I was honestly expecting the truckers to start singing about Model T cars and jars of beers. I did like the Ghost Trucker song. THAT song out of all the ones tonight will be in my head.

All in all...this was okay. Here's hoping Lizzo brings the goods next week.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think Punkie has the cutest stage presence. I just feel better when she's on and smile automatically.

Punkie has been criminally underused - I love her when she’s in a sketch. I hope they realize how good she is!

• Love 8

That's Willow Smith on guitar with CC in the second song.  

Did my feed blank out "Give it up for Willow Smith" and whatever Willow said into the mic?!

I rewound it and watched it twice...... 

This trucker sketch is bad as the other 2 I mentioned.  Good lord.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1

Can someone explain the weird phenomenon of Aristotle being very popular online?  I like him and all, but I've barely seen him on this show.  What is happening there?

I read that he 'vented' about his screentime?  Does anyone know where I can read that?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Also, not that I expected him to at all, but Jake made the correct choice in not demanding equal time on the "All Too Well" saga.

But now that I said that, since he was singing so much anyway, a response song could have worked. Maybe.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

(My mom can certainly say she has a son who has a friend)

So can mine! (it's not me though)

As for the show: A dip in quality from the run of good ones we've had, but not terrible IMO. Loved the Doc Holiday sketch,. And I can't believe i'm saying this but I would've liked to have seen more Willow Smith.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrWhyt said:

I would've liked to have seen more Willow Smith.

I can't believe that it never occurred to me, til I saw your message just now (even though someone mentioned Willow earlier) that Willow and Jaden are named after Will and Jada. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's Willow Smith on guitar with CC in the second song.  

Wait, you mean the tall bald guitarist? Was that Willow? I wish I hadn't deleted it or I'd go back and rewatch. 

CC's dancers in the first song!! I don't think I looked at CC more than twice, her dancers were so mesmerizing. How can people do this stuff with their bodies? I also can't believe I watched a whole music segment without FFing. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I'm really liking this show so far.

I liked the cold open. I knew Ketanji Brown Jackson would be a good role for Ego. And it was nice to work in RBG one more time.

The monologue was fantastic. I like that he did another song as a callback to the first one. (I have to admit what I remember about the first one is mostly his gigantic arms. Go watch it again.)

Both the Garden and Chuckie sketches were so delightfully strange.

I Think IT Is Interesting How Ego Not Only Being A Black Woman, But, Ego EVEN Looks Like Ketanji In The Face Especially When Ego Put On The Glasses ! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, meatball77 said:

Is that white pug now a cast member?  I swear I've seen them several times.

I Don't Know, But, That Pug Dog May Be Some Body's Pet So IF They Need A Dog, They Just Use That Person's Pet On The Show ! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did my feed blank out "Give it up for Willow Smith" and whatever Willow said into the mic?!  

It was hard to hear for me, too. I posted SNL's YouTube link to the performance and it's easier to hear; Willow simply said "Thank you," it sounds like to me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Me, too!!

I missed bits of this show because I was flipping back and forth between SNL and a Breaking Bad marathon but finally! a comedy song I liked again - the I'm-enough-for-me-song sung by the quartet.

WU was great. They're still my favorite WU hosts.

I liked the second song by the musical guest. Loved the hook line.

The trucker sketch was pretty much meh until El Chapo which totally cracked me up.

This Is THE MOST They Have Used Melissa AND Punkie ! ! 

13 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

It was hard to hear for me, too. I posted SNL's YouTube link to the performance and it's easier to hear; Willow simply said "Thank you," it sounds like to me. 

Thanks for posting! I would never have guessed that was Willow. She looks great and has a great stage presence. I don't think she plays much guitar, or that she even has that great of a voice, but she's interesting to watch and I'm sure we'll see her again.

I never listen to CC but she does have a fantastic voice, and sure knows how to pick interesting people to share the stage with her. She doesn't seem afraid of sharing the spotlight. 

As for the rest of the show, I enjoyed most of it, laughed a fair bit. Unlike the majority apparently, I really enjoy SNL's game show skits, and tonight was no exception. I thought the HGTV clip was really funny too. I tend to like any of the pretaped segments because it means people aren't forgetting their lines or reading off of cue cards. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Cold Open: "One campaign promise down, 74 to go!" Justice Jackson meets the ghost of RBG! Eh, it's a way to get a Ginsburn one more time. I liked how Thurgood Marshall (oh thank God it was him), Harriet Tubman (Punkie in a sketch!) and Jackie Robinson showed up, too! This one was at least sweet and kinda wholesome. Hey, it's definitely history we're seeing here.

Monologue: I saw the first Jake Gyllenhaal show live (and live-commenting it back on the old TWOP forums). I remember the gay cowboys, but not the Dreamgirls bit. I absolutely loved the callbacks to it, though.

Why'd You Like It?: Oh nooooo, a game show about problematic instagram likes. And then the lightning rounds about problematic follows and story reactions. It's all the same: we think we're gonna have sex.

Dream Home Cousins: Love that awful cat puppet. My parents love these dumb HGTV shows, it's about time they got taken down a peg. I laughed so hard about the collection of ducks dressed as gangsters. And Kate in general. JAJ is perfect as a twiggy mama's boy.

The Singers Four: Cecily and Bowen in a cabaret sketch, I knew to expect gold. So many people on the reddit live thread were mad because they expected an Angelo sketch. I could appreciate a song about little wins. (My mom can certainly say she has a son who has a friend)

Flowers: I was wondering how a sketch about singing plants was gonna get weird, and here comes Bowen as a bee humping everyone's heads. And then here comes Kyle, perfectly cast as a weed. And then a dog. And then Jake Flowerhaal (ha) gets sliced in half.

Chucky: Well, this was weird and unexpected.

WU: "Cool it with the long neck jokes." They were on fire tonight. Good to see the Trend Forecasters again.

Cough, Cough, Bang, Bang: Man, how many sketches are gonna involve castmembers getting wet with stuff? First the flowers, and now cowboys getting covered in fake blood. Sets and costumes looked great.

Therapist: Melissa AND Punkie leading a sketch?! This was a odd one.

Truck You, You Truckin' Truck: I was honestly expecting the truckers to start singing about Model T cars and jars of beers. I did like the Ghost Trucker song. THAT song out of all the ones tonight will be in my head.

All in all...this was okay. Here's hoping Lizzo brings the goods next week.

There Are THREE Ways The Cold Opening Made History ! Having A Black Woman On The Supreme Court, Having The Other First Blacks To Do Things OR Having The Cold Open Be Wholesome And Sweet Which They Don't Usually Do ! ! ! I Remember Dream Girls AND Gay Cowboys In The Monologue On His First Show That He Hosted ! The Gay Cowboys Was About Broke Back Mountain Which He And Heath Leger Was In That Movie ! Decades Later, Heath Leger Died ! I Saw That Movie Twice ! The First Time, My Mother And My Brother And I Went To See That ! The Second Time, My Sister And My Mother And I Went To See That ! I Could NOT Tell, Did You Like The Game Show ? I Thought For Sure They Were Going To Have Angelo Because That Was THE VERY SAME Stage That He Was In ! I Can Understand People Wanting Him To Be In A Sketch, But, His Are Always The Same Thing ! ! AT Least, You Can Get Different Things With Cecily And Bowen Singing ! I Wish That Song Would Have Moe OF A Melody ! I Felt Like They Were Yelling ! Was That Based On Some Thing Else ? Cecily Made Me Think OF Bea Author ! Did You Like Chuckie ? Personally, I Do NOT Like Chuckie ! I Thought The Same Thing With The Singing Plants And The Western ! ! I Don't Like The Blood OR Throwing Up On People Or Any Thing That Grosses Me Out ! ! ! Did You Like The Therapist Sketch ? Did You Think This Was A GOOD Show OR Mediocre ? ? Did You Mean You Did Not Care For This Show And You Hope The Show Will Be Better With Lizzo OR Did You Mean Many Shows This Season Have Been Good And You Hope Lizzo Will Do A Good Job Next Week ? ? 

18 hours ago, saoirse said:

Punkie has been criminally underused - I love her when she’s in a sketch. I hope they realize how good she is!

Instead OF Focusing On How Little They Use Punkie, Be Glad How Much Punkie Was In Tonight's Show ! ! Punkie Was The MAIN Person In The Therapist Sketch ! Ego Can Be Dramatic OR Toned Down, But, Punkie Might Not Be As Noticed IF She Came To The Work Place So They Had Punkie Be The Therapist Instead ! 

Where Was Pete Tonight ? Is Pete Making Another Movie ? I Am Surprised That Nobody Asked About Pete ! Also, I Noticed That Earlier In The Season, The Men Were In The Men's Room And That Was Where Tracy Showed Up And This Time, The Women Were In The Women's Rest Room Talking About Some Body Else And That Woman Heard Them Talking About Her ! That was Even The Same Set So The Bath Rooms Look The Same ! 

15 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Thanks for posting! I would never have guessed that was Willow. She looks great and has a great stage presence. I don't think she plays much guitar, or that she even has that great of a voice, but she's interesting to watch and I'm sure we'll see her again.

I never listen to CC but she does have a fantastic voice, and sure knows how to pick interesting people to share the stage with her. She doesn't seem afraid of sharing the spotlight. 

As for the rest of the show, I enjoyed most of it, laughed a fair bit. Unlike the majority apparently, I really enjoy SNL's game show skits, and tonight was no exception. I thought the HGTV clip was really funny too. I tend to like any of the pretaped segments because it means people aren't forgetting their lines or reading off of cue cards. 

That Was An Interesting Point You Made About Being In Videos That They Are Not Reading Off Cue Cards ! I Would Not Think OF That ! I Would Think Being In Videos Is Some Thing Different Than Just Being In Regular Sketches ! Also, I Like Videos Having Maybe A Catchy Song Like Twin Beds ! 

• Love 2

Since they were doing some historic firsts they really should have had Kamala in the cold opening for some jokes, but I guess Maya was unavailable and they decided they wanted a bunch of dead people.  Plus they really missed having RBG's advice to be to NOT serve for life unless you want to gamble that your successor won't share the same philosophy.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I really liked those sketches too.

I don't like sketches where they spray each other with liquid or bodily functions, and as mentioned above they did this twice last night!

• Love 8

The "Truck you, you Truckin' Truck" sketch may have been based on at least one real album from the 70's; shortly after "Convoy" was a big hit, they put together a compilation of trucker songs.  "Ghost Trucker" would have fit right in, except that at the time, Flamin' Hot Cheetos didn't exist.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, meatball77 said:

Is that white pug now a cast member?  I swear I've seen them several times.

I've always thought, with absolutely NO proof, that the pug is Scarlett Johansson's dog. I think the first time we saw the dog was in the talking dog sketch with her and now it's just easy for Colin to bring the puppers to work with him when they need a dog. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Melina22 said:

As for the rest of the show, I enjoyed most of it, laughed a fair bit. Unlike the majority apparently,

I thought the whole show was quite strong, a lot of it due to Jake himself. He's a very engaging host.  I thought it was better than last week. 

The "Truck you, you Truckin' Truck" sketch may have been based on at least one real album from the 70's; shortly after "Convoy" was a big hit, they put together a compilation of trucker songs.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I read that the guy who preformed " Convey" died this past week.  That's a good catch.

Since they were doing some historic firsts they really should have had Kamala in the cold opening for some jokes, but I guess Maya was unavailable and they decided they wanted a bunch of dead people. 

I thought the same thing. Kamala really needed to be in the sketch.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

My favorite part in Why'd You Like It? :
Kenan: Next up... Kenny!
Kenny: Pass.

I kind of liked the Dream House Cousins sketch. What demoted it in my book was Kate. I think it would have worked better if she hadn't said so many weird things. The stuff with the cat and duck statue collections and everything else was weird enuf. I did really like Jake and Mikey as the Property Brothers Dream House Cousins. I also thought Heidi and JAJ were really good.

In the Singers Four sketch, I loved Jake's bit about calling in sick.

The flowers was cute and amusing at first, but I get tired of the sex jokes and spraying of all kinds of fluids.

My favorite part of the Chucky sketch was Aidy as Janet.

Lines I liked from WU: That Mitch McConnell (I think) asked Jackson if he could touch her hair, that MTG gave the fox rabies, and that one reason Trump didn't join in storming the Capitol was the steps. It was nice seeing the Trend Forecasters again. I like Aidy's and Bowen's performances.

Cough Cough Bang Bang. Again with the drenching. Ugh. I did like a lot of the lines from Kenan. "Stop touching the nuts!"

I FF thru both musical performances, but I guess I need to rewatch the first one for the dancers and the second one for Willow Smith. I didn't know that was her until Jake thanked her at the very end. 

I liked the two cut sketches.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I've always thought, with absolutely NO proof, that the pug is Scarlett Johansson's dog. I think the first time we saw the dog was in the talking dog sketch with her and now it's just easy for Colin to bring the puppers to work with him when they need a dog. 

This is some quality speculation! Thank you!

The young women in the cast are so good. I'm loving what they're bringing to the sketches. "Chucky" was terrific, as was the therapist sketch. More sketches with them playing off one another!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't like sketches where they spray each other with liquid or bodily functions, and as mentioned above they did this twice last night!

I hear you! I had to FF the cowboy sketch for that reason. Ick. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I kind of liked the Dream House Cousins sketch. What demoted it in my book was Kate. I think it would have worked better if she hadn't said so many weird things. The stuff with the cat and duck statue collections and everything else was weird enuf. I did really like Jake and Mikey as the Property Brothers Dream House Cousins. I also thought Heidi and JAJ were really good.

I would definitely have made the MIL less weird, at least to start. She came off as creepy out of the gate because, well, Kate and the old cat, and the first disappointing change to the DIL's vision was to turn the living room into a cat medical centre. Then when they got to the part where the kitchen was changed to please the MIL, it turned out that the MIL does the cooking which frankly put me on her side. IMO either they should have started with the MIL seeming normal and then escalated her demands to show their creepiness, or else they should have started with the MIL seeming to be in the wrong and then revealing that the DIL was the unreasonable bitch bit by bit. The sketch had some good parts but it could have been better.

18 minutes ago, Traveller519 said:

The young women in the cast are so good. I'm loving what they're bringing to the sketches. "Chucky" was terrific, as was the therapist sketch. More sketches with them playing off one another!

I definitely want to see more Punkie. And although it took me a minute to catch on to the fact that it was really meant to be Chucky that caught the women gossiping in the office, I thought Jake as the HR guy and Aidy as Janet were hilarious.

37 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

The flowers was cute and amusing at first, but I get tired of the sex jokes and spraying of all kinds of fluids.

I tend not to like that kind of thing either but I couldn't help appreciating Bowen's commitment to the bee. And Kyle as the weed was great.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I would definitely have made the MIL less weird, at least to start. She came off as creepy out of the gate because, well, Kate and the old cat, and the first disappointing change to the DIL's vision was to turn the living room into a cat medical centre. Then when they got to the part where the kitchen was changed to please the MIL, it turned out that the MIL does the cooking which frankly put me on her side. IMO either they should have started with the MIL seeming normal and then escalated her demands to show their creepiness, or else they should have started with the MIL seeming to be in the wrong and then revealing that the DIL was the unreasonable bitch bit by bit. The sketch had some good parts but it could have been better.

I liked the sketch, but who would have been on the wife's side for wanting a bathroom that was ALL WINDOWS?  LOL is she insane?

I don't want a carpeted or windowless bathroom (LOL) but 1 window UP HIGH is perfectly fine so I was on the MIL's side for that one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I liked the sketch, but who would have been on the wife's side for wanting a bathroom that was ALL WINDOWS?  LOL is she insane?

Yes! I forgot about that. It was weird because again they seemed to be presenting it as if the MIL was weird and wrong. Maybe at one point they were trying to make the DIL's ideas bad but then they got carried away allowing Kate to be creepy and undermined that premise?

• Love 2

Maybe we all assumed that it would be a strict dichotomy of one side bad versus one side good, but rather it was about the dynamics between a mother in law and a daughter in law, where both women can have good points about things.  I can't believe how much thought we're giving this sketch.  Hahahah!!!!!

I love how the SNL Twitter page posts these sketches, especially for us that can't watch the deleted ones off of YouTube.

Here's the screenshot of that crazy bathroom the DIL wanted.  I too like the MIL would be worried about "peepers".

I watch a lot of these HGTV shows, and people can be really strong about their design ideas (I am too).  This would be an extreme version of that modern aesthetic.  

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.41.58 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Maybe we all assumed that it would be a strict dichotomy of one side bad versus one side good, but rather it was about the dynamics between a mother in law and a daughter in law, where both women can have good points about things.

My issue is I think they led us to that assumption by over-egging the MIL and finishing up with the part where the son had discussed their sex life with his mother. Heidi seemed to be presented as if she was significantly more normal despite wanting all windows in her bathroom.

• Love 1

I’m surprised to see the relatively positive responses to this episode. I thought it was one of the worst this season, especially considering the fantastic host they had at their disposal.  WU for the win, but almost everything else was a miss for me.

I laughed more at Jake’s cameo in Mulaney’s Airport Sushi sketch than I did in this whole episode.

• Love 5

I’m sad that most of the sketches were meh, as I think Jake did a good job and I loved that Punkie got more screen time. 

I laughed out loud all through Dream House Cousins—I loved everything about it. 

Agree with @peeayebee that the way Chris Reed said “Pass” took the game show sketch to the next level. And that Aidy’s Janet was the best part of Chucky. Both sketches were tight and fun. 

The cold open and Weekend Update were great. 

Everything else was just okay.

The Doc Holliday sketch showed me it’s too soon for me to see people coughing, sneezing, and spreading bodily fluids around. Maybe “ever” would be too soon. Just… no. 

There’s a lot of irony in Kyle’s line in Serious Night Live being that he needs it to be on every week, and it wasn’t even on this week.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

And although it took me a minute to catch on to the fact that it was really meant to be Chucky that caught the women gossiping in the office

I had to reread your post a couple of times. I'm not sure I get what you're saying. I actually had to rewatch the sketch. The women were gossiping about Janet, and then kind of casually mentioned Chucky, who of course being Chucky was going to attack them (for comparing him to Janet). (At first when he came out of the stall, I thought it was Kate.) So the HR meeting was about the women complaining about Chucky attacking them, but they were also being admonished about gossiping about Chucky... by comparing him to Janet. 

• Love 2

Maybe at one point they were trying to make the DIL's ideas bad but then they got carried away allowing Kate to be creepy and undermined that premise?

I dunno. I took it as a way to slam the brothers, er, cousins. They come up with plans and some weeks (when I still watched), a homeowner would throw in a last-minute change. Flannel-shirt bro would feign panic, but then, miraculously come through without changing the budget or timetable. This seemed to take that past the ridiculous. Not necessarily in a good way. 

40 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I had to reread your post a couple of times. I'm not sure I get what you're saying. I actually had to rewatch the sketch. The women were gossiping about Janet, and then kind of casually mentioned Chucky, who of course being Chucky was going to attack them (for comparing him to Janet). (At first when he came out of the stall, I thought it was Kate.) So the HR meeting was about the women complaining about Chucky attacking them, but they were also being admonished about gossiping about Chucky... by comparing him to Janet. 

Oh -- my thought process, chronologically, was:

1. Ladies gossiping about Janet in bathroom with incidental comparison to Chucky, who is a doll character in a movie and not real.
  2. Uh-oh, someone in the stall overheard them, of course the worst thing is it would be Janet!
  3. Chucky-like figure emerges from stall, but Chucky is fictional and not real, therefore obviously it is Janet who literally looks more like Chucky than I could have imagined, and she will confront those gossiping bitches.
  4. Chloe addresses the Chucky-figure as Chucky and I am very very confused because I was sure it had to be Janet and why would Chucky be real in this story?
  5. Stabbing ensues and I grasp that although the ladies were gossiping about Janet, it was in fact Chucky who works in their office who was in the bathroom with them.
  6. No further confusion about who is Chucky and who is Janet.

I believe they intended me to be surprised to see Chucky but maybe not take until step 5 to understand that it was really Chucky.

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
spelling
  • Love 2

JAJ has tightened up his Biden impression. Much less Nicholas Cage in it this time.

Jake's opening monologue was okay. I didn't realize it had been 15 years since he'd hosted. Wow.

Raw-dogging it in a Starbucks bathroom. 😲

All that cat medical equipment cracked me up. The cat will have a motorized stair-climbing chair, lol.

Wonder if Willow was booked to appear on SNL before her dad lost his marbles at the Oscars? Did she tweet anything stupid like her brother did right afterward? Unlike him she seems to have some actual talent. Good on her.

Darn, I was hoping Jake would address what Taylor Swift did the last time she hosted. He could've done his own music video which lasted 11 minutes. But, I suppose it was a better look for him not to be petty about her mercenary sense of moral superiority. (Meanwhile, his new movie Ambulance which opened this weekend appears to be a flop. Oh well.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Since this is a dream home, I figure the windows are the kind that are more reflective and are easier to see out of as opposed to in.

Plus, it looks like the house is in the middle of nowhere. 

And if that's the case,  I wouldn't hate it.

11 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

addresses the Chucky-figure as Chucky and I am very very confused because I was sure it had to be Janet and why would Chucky be real in this story?

This is when I realized it was really chucky.  They insulted Janet by comparing her to Chucky.  Chucky was insulted to be compared to Janet. 

I know it’s a joke for a 10-year-old, but I really liked during Update when Michael was reporting how numerous people allegedly got sick from a bad batch of Lucky Charms cereal and sang “That’s tragically suspicious!” to the tune of the Lucky Charms jingle.

The therapist sketch had some issues that held it back, but I did like when Ego was accusing Punkie of texting “Clarissa”; Punkie denied it, and Jake was on the floor, still with Punkie’s phone in hand and pipes up, “Actually you did text Clarissa.”  That type of joke when someone just doesn’t know when to stop talking is pretty funny to me.

• Love 7