Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/4/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 4/3/2022 at 12:01 AM, MsTree said:
On 4/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Axie said:

There is a huge difference between how many times Sunny mentions she’s a lawyer and how many times Ana mentions she’s a lawyer, too.

HUH?  They're both lawyers. I don't get your point.🤷‍♀️  

The points I understand and create from Axie's comment are:

• A.  There's a huge difference.
  • B.  Sunny mentions it often...too often in my opinion.
  • C.  Ana RARELY mentions that she is also an attorney.
  • Sunny's neediness is annoying.
  • Ana is not needy.
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/4/2022 at 10:24 AM, RealHousewife said:
On 4/4/2022 at 8:45 AM, Bronzedog said:

Why is this interview so long?  It’s not that interesting.

Have you seen Oscar Isaac? He's quite interesting to look at. 😍

I have seen Oscar but never noticed his height. I watched Ethan and Oscar walk onstage.  Oscar seemed tiny.  Ethan was taller--obviously, so I asked Alexa how tall each man is.  Yep, Oscar is 5'9".  Ethan is 5'10".  I choose to believe my lying eyes.  Ethan is at least THREE INCHES TALLER than Oscar.  I consider that interesting.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I also realize that for her, orange people may be the norm. Why do her eyes looks so big and does she blink? Can anyone confirm that she actually has eyelids and that her eyes are not glued on?

The 1980s called. They want their eyeliner back.

Whoopi sure can talk and talk without saying anything.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Axie said:
18 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

It's a shame Nicole Wallace isn't a panelist period.

Agree.  Love her!

Only a shame for those who watch The View.  Others can see her every weekday on her own SOLO show on MSNBC.  It was a one-hour broadcast, but was so popular, that in July 2020 it was expanded to two hours.  Better use of her intelligence and talent.  Definitely more RESPECT than she was given on the view (Whoopi was a fan)...and so much more money!!!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 15
(edited)
18 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Does anybody know why the Oscar Isaac/Ethan Hawke interview was on this week instead of last?  Was it pre-empted  last week?  I don't remember that but then again I'm old and don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.😏

I don't know why, but living in Canada we had one day last week when there was a commercial break that lasted well over 5 minutes. I backed up to see if I had FF'd over a segment, but I hadn't. There were at least 10 commercials in a row.

I was surprised to find Ethan Hawke interesting in this interview.  Usually he is obtuse & boring.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

STEPHANIE GRISHAM

3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Why do her eyes looks so big and does she blink? Can anyone confirm that she actually has eyelids and that her eyes are not glued on?

23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The 1980s called. They want their eyeliner back.

I can't keep my eyes off her TOP LIP.  It seems so animated it can point any direction.  Did she have the same plastic surgeon as "that Bachelorette" who supposedly ruined her looks, Kaitlyn Bristow?  Now they look alike.   

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I was surprised to find Ethan Hawke interesting in this interview.  Usually he is obtuse & boring.

Maybe it's when the interviewers/questions are boring...or he doesn't want to give the interview.  He seemed "deep" on the view.

5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I also realize that for her, orange people may be the norm. Why do her eyes looks so big and does she blink? Can anyone confirm that she actually has eyelids and that her eyes are not glued on?

I commented on Grisham's crazy eyes back when she guested the first time, too. They pulled her lids way too far back. Between that and the duck lips, she might as well be a Real Housewife.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Only a shame for those who watch The View.  Others can see her every weekday on her own SOLO show on MSNBC.  It was a one-hour broadcast, but was so popular, that in July 2020 it was expanded to two hours.  Better use of her intelligence and talent.  Definitely more RESPECT than she was given on the view (Whoopi was a fan)...and so much more money!!!

Absolutely.  I love Nicole on her own show. I wasnt that big of a fan while she was on The View.  She was wasted on The View .

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I have seen Oscar but never noticed his height. I watched Ethan and Oscar walk onstage.  Oscar seemed tiny.  Ethan was taller--obviously, so I asked Alexa how tall each man is.  Yep, Oscar is 5'9".  Ethan is 5'10".  I choose to believe my lying eyes.  Ethan is at least THREE INCHES TALLER than Oscar.  I consider that interesting.

Why you gotta mess up my crush BACK ATCHA? lol As a tall lady, that is disappointing. Yeah, yeah, I know I don't even have a shot. 

5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I had a long text conversation with my sister about the Show "The Thing About Pam", after 4 text back and forth we realized my sister thought I was was talking about The Pam and Tommy show on Hulu 😄

That is hilarious. I would like to know what finally signaled to you that you were talking about two different shows.  Did your sister say something like "Can you believe who they got to voice Tommy Lee's penis?"

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I wasnt that big of a fan while she was on The View.

Wish she wasn't kept "under control."  Loved her on The View ... BIG TIME LOVE on MSNBC.  I feel sorry that she has to anchor a 2hr show.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

The points I understand and create from Axie's comment are:

• A.  There's a huge difference.
  • B.  Sunny mentions it often...too often in my opinion.
  • C.  Ana RARELY mentions that she is also an attorney.
  • Sunny's neediness is annoying.
  • Ana is not needy.

Sunny does mention it more than Ana, but I don't think she's reached Star level yet. Sunny is the type who can't let a sleeping dog lie though. I noticed on Monday she brought up the whole separating-artist-from-the-art discussion that had been mentioned by Joy on Friday even though Joy wasn't even there. I suppose it only stood out to me because when Joy said it on Friday, Sunny made this weird, mocking expression that hit me the wrong way.

7 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I love Nicole on her own show. I wasnt that big of a fan while she was on The View.

This is how I feel, too. I love her on MSNBC, especially those few times they do special coverage and it's her, Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, and Steve Kornacki together (perhaps Claire McCaskill thrown in the mix). She does very well there.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

No, no, it was Sara and it was yesterday! I rewound to show my friend what an idiot* Whoopi was, trying nit to talk about the Academy for fear of them coming under a bad light.

*Sunny says that if I see an idiot, I should call them that 🤷🏻‍♀️

10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Dear View producers, no. Just no to this shrill idiot person sitting in the guest chair. 

Now, now, Whoopi has been there over a decade.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
26 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

No, no, it was Sara and it was yesterday! I rewound to show my friend what an idiot* Whoopi was, trying nit to talk about the Academy for fear of them coming under a bad light.

*Sunny says that if I see an idiot, I should call them that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Now, now, Whoopi has been there over a decade.

Hah Bliss! Almost choked on my coffee

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

??? Not sure what you're talking about. Are you talking to @GHScorpiosRule or @Cozytea from last page and forgot to quote perhaps?

But if you were talking to me, yesterday was Monday....?

9 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Sure, she did. She said Matt Gaetz and Roy Moore deny the accusations.  What else was there to say.  Whoopi was super annoying with her "music" during the legal note.

The argument of dont call Republicans idiots when they idioatic things., is the most ridiculous thing ever. I must be dim because I don't understand the point. She said when people call Republicans idiots for saying dumb shit they close ranks...huh? As someone who lives in a red state I know many many people who will never vote or even consider anything a Democrat says as worth considering.  So yeah, I'm fine with people being called out as idiots. The Dumbing down of this Country is rampant. 

I had to laugh see Pam Anderson.  I had a long text conversation with my sister about the Show "The Thing About Pam", after 4 text back and forth we realized my sister thought I was was talking about The Pam and Tommy show on Hulu 😄

This made me laugh. I was talking to my mom on the phone and she kept saying how much she loved 'Jersey Shore' and the movies.  I kept asking her to repeat that, you like Jersey Shore?  She was getting pissed.  Turns out Jersey Shore is a Hallmark program or some such.  Much more her thing hahaha

• LOL 3
37 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

??? Not sure what you're talking about. Are you talking to @GHScorpiosRule or @Cozytea from last page and forgot to quote perhaps?

But if you were talking to me, yesterday was Monday....?

Someone had said it happened Thursday and that it wasnt Sara, as Sara had been absent all last week. But it did happen yesterday with Sara. I had quoted it but then accidentally deleted the quote.

No biggie.

• Love 3

CrazyInAlabama replied to a topic

Being a featured pervert on To Catch a Predator, with Chris Hanson talking to you, is certainly a level of fame, not in a good way. 

Just a step above Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Or Steve (my personal fav, still pissed he's not on anymore.  Or Dr Phil for crying out loud.

(edited)

Whoopi is pissed and goes on an incomprehensible rant while Sara is seeing rainbows and kittens. Guess I’m a curmudgeon too.

Jen Penske, Whoopi?

Thanks, Sunny, for asking Stephanie what she means by “open border.”  Sara, your lifeboat analogy doesn’t make any sense.

I hope this argument torpedoed Stephanie’s chances of getting a seat at the table once and for all. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
(edited)

I enjoyed Sunny bursting the bubble on this first segment. While I agree with Sara that people should be unafraid to go into these other spaces and speak, I disagree with her that there isn't a good point there somewhere about legitimizing these people by giving them a platform via an interview. Sunny is right that it's moved so far past a difference of opinion, that they're spewing pro-Russia propaganda at this point and it's not the fringe despite what Grisham would like to believe (or, rather, mislead).

Still, there was this:

Sunny: "I'm the curmudgeon this morning."

Joy: "'This morning'?"

LOL

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That is hilarious. I would like to know what finally signaled to you that you were talking about two different shows.  Did your sister say something like "Can you believe who they got to voice Tommy Lee's penis?"

It was mostly me asking her if she'd watched "The Thing about Pam"? She said she tried but found it boring ( she meant Tommy and Pam) then I went on on about how good I found the acting and That I couldn't believe how many people fell for Pam's manipulation. My sister was yeah that's weird. Lol. She said, they did get actors that look so some much like the real Tommy and Pam. I completely lost it and once it was cleared up she said wow, I was wondering when you started disliking Pam Anderson so much.

So no Tommy's penis never came up...😃

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I enjoyed Sunny bursting the bubble on this first segment. While I agree with Sara that people should be unafraid to go into these other spaces and speak, I disagree with her that there isn't a good point there somewhere about legitimizing these people by giving them a platform via an interview. Sunny is right that it's moved so far past a difference of opinion, that they're spewing pro-Russia propaganda at this point and it's not the fringe despite what Grisham would like to believe (or, rather, mislead).

Still, there was this:

Sunny: "I'm the curmudgeon this morning."

Joy: "'This morning'?"

LOL

Ditto. I'm all for people who vote differently having open dialogue, friendships, loving one another, all that good stuff. But giving legitimacy to Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson? I wouldn't want to personally do it. That's me though, and I understand the other side that thinks "maybe if I go there I can bring some information this audience doesn't normally hear." Sean is supposedly a nice man IRL. Tucker is just a revolting white supremacist. 

lol

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Ugh, Grisham resorting to victimizing herself now. Poor baby.

She is insufferable. Why, show, why???? 😣

Me too!  WHY??   She has been disliked everywhere she has worked.  WHAT and WHO are making our eyes and ears bleed?

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I hope this argument torpedoed Stephanie’s chances of getting a seat at the table once and for all. 

The show is still 30min away here ... can't wait.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 9:18 AM, GiveMeSpace said:

Why do her eyes looks so big and does she blink? Can anyone confirm that she actually has eyelids and that her eyes are not glued on?

Eyelid1.jpg.624c33bb5f0cb8dd498bc4ee42e598d1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

So do I, but I doubt we're that lucky.

Yeah, Prarie Rose, I don't know why I'm worried this time.  STILL...she has ticked off Whoopi and Sunny at the same time on the same topic.  Crossing my fingers.   Speaking of "crabby," Stephanie make ME crabby!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Calling Republicans idiots makes it easy for them to be dismissive, just like how I cant take anyone seriously who uses the term DemonRat. The problem is when they do stuff like, for example, BUY expensive Disney merch to destroy it for their "boycott" there are only so many words to describe them and idiotic is a nice one. YMMV.

Why does Whoopi act like the Academy is a benevolent yet shadowy organization immune from criticism or even mention, like Voldemort but not evil? They nominate people for awards. They hire presenters. They handle conflict inexpertly.  It's not that deep.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Why does Whoopi act like the Academy is a benevolent yet shadowy organization immune from criticism or even mention, like Voldemort but not evil? They nominate people for awards. They hire presenters. They handle conflict inexpertly.  It's not that deep.

It's kind of the way some people revere "acting"  like it's some sacred, noble profession.  No disrespect to actors, some are immensely talented.  But the job is literally pretending to be someone else, and getting paid a shitload of money for it.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi is pissed and goes on an incomprehensible rant while Sara is seeing rainbows and kittens. Guess I’m a curmudgeon too.

Jen Penske, Whoopi?

Thanks, Sunny, for asking Stephanie what she means by “open border.”  Sara, your lifeboat analogy doesn’t make any sense.

Stephanie had to resort to the criminals coming over…and hate to burst your bubble but the drugs get here whether or not ther are immigrants at the border.  And most of these people would like to legally immigrate, but with their families in danger in their home countries, they can’t wait the 10-15 years it would take them since the immigration requirements for them are onerous and the wait list is years long (note, I believe the wait list isnt nearly as long if you’re a non Hispanic/black person coming from somewhere like Europe or Asia.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Stephanie had to resort to the criminals coming over…and hate to burst your bubble but the drugs get here whether or not ther are immigrants at the border.  And most of these people would like to legally immigrate, but with their families in danger in their home countries, they can’t wait the 10-15 years it would take them since the immigration requirements for them are onerous and the wait list is years long (note, I believe the wait list isnt nearly as long if you’re a non Hispanic/black person coming from somewhere like Europe or Asia.  

I didn't understand her argument about the Chinese bringing in fentanyl through Mexico.   A lot of fentanyl is manufactured in Mexico and smuggled in via the cartels.  Don't think much is coming in on the backs of asylum seekers at the border.  She's mixing her arguments.   Also implying that certain asylum seekers are criminal while not even considering that some Ukranian asylum seekers might be too, is not a good look.      

Joy cracked me up with her response to Stephanie's saying she's personally seen the issues at the border because she lived in AZ .   "How much could you have seen, you're just one person"  

Stephanie is the closest guest host they've had to SWSNBN.  She creates (unnecessary) sparks on the panel.   Which means they'll probably hire her.  

• Love 6

I don't dislike Stephanie the degree others here do, but I was annoyed she never answered Sunny's question about the immigrants. They had to cut to break at the worst time, and the topic wasn't addressed when they got back. They just discussed the table.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't dislike Stephanie the degree others here do, but I was annoyed she never answered Sunny's question about the immigrants.

And Sunny seems to forget that the US signed onto the "safe third country" agreement which is why they are following the law in returning asylum seekers to the safe country where they first sought refuge.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Stephanie is the closest guest host they've had to SWSNBN.  She creates (unnecessary) sparks on the panel.   Which means they'll probably hire her.  

I'm probably weird this way, but nobody who's tried out to me has been as bad as her. Similar to how none of the conservative co-hosts prior to her were nearly as bad. She was unique in her level of awfulness. Even though Grisham is very unlikable and I think it's pretty irresponsible for the show to consider people with the particular kind of experience she and Farrah have at all, I know I could endure them because the others can counter anything they say. It was more the screaming over everyone and the others never being allowed to confront anything she said directly that made princess so horrible (in tandem with the kowtowing to her from ABC / the show).

Probably the one who's come the closest as far as causing general tension in the atmosphere of the show is probably Tafoya, tbh, but even she's nothing in comparison.

• Love 7

I wish they’d just continue to have a rotation of guest hosts. I can deal with even the most repugnant person for 3 days.  Having a new voice on the panel every week would help keep it fresh. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Joy cracked me up with her response to Stephanie's saying she's personally seen the issues at the border because she lived in AZ .   "How much could you have seen, you're just one person"  

I was born in Phoenix over thirty years before Stephanie came to Arizona (some bios say she was born in AZ, some say Colorado).  I was politically active from 1970 to 1986.  I've read and heard about our border issues, but I've never SEEN anything in person.  Stephanie worked in Phoenix.  We're HOURS away from our border with Mexico.

The main things we heard about Stephanie when she was working for agencies/politicans in our capitol city were negative.  

Here's an article from something online called "The Famous People"  

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/stephanie-grisham-45198.php

I pulled these interesting comments...and replaced them "better" as far as chronology.

Stephanie Grisham worked closely with various members of the Republican Party in Arizona for a long time. She was the spokeswoman for AAA Arizona in 2007, and later served as the spokeswoman for Arizona attorney general Tom Horne. Stephanie was accused of overstepping the boundaries separating official and campaign duties while working for Tom Horne.  She also worked as a spokesperson for the Arizona House of Representatives Republican caucus and Arizona House speaker David Gowan.

Her past controversial career in Arizona surfaced when former legislator Bruce Wheeler mentioned how "she was always trying to deflect and protect the speaker" while in service of David Gowan, often "not answering important questions or providing critical information when requested".  On a personal level, Stephanie Grisham was charged with driving under the influence, speeding, and driving with an invalid license in 2013, even though the charges were reduced to reckless driving following plea bargain. She was again charged with driving under the influence in December 2015, to which she pleaded guilty.

Soon after Stephanie Grisham's appointment as White House press secretary, news outlets started to dig into her past actions to justify her new role. While some pointed out her loyalty towards the President and her long association with his campaign, others were quick to note that Grisham has been a proven liar – which was the most significant qualification for her current role, taking into account the track record of her predecessors.  'The Interpret' called her a "demonstrable liar" by putting the First Lady's words against her own. While she had blatantly lied saying there was "no hidden message" in Melania Trump's jacket sporting the words "I really don’t care. Do U?" during her visit to migrant kids in detention, the First Lady later told ABC News that it "was kind of a message".

She was warned for tweeting campaign slogan from her official account in July 2018.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

It's always so difficult to decide whether to complain about BrightEyes (more sparks!) or lie low and think The Powers That Be think she's just fine.

Have they given up on the FABULOUS Jane Coaston?  JaneCoaston.thumb.png.dc6087f23531fc3b275a253b751957db.png

• Love 2

I didn’t watch the first few times that Grisham co-hosted, but watching this week? I can’t take this duck-lipped, BUGGED-OUT eyes and shiny faced person seriously. She’s like a FUGLY BRATZ Doll.

Yes, I’m mean. And feeling curmudgeonly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

So do I, but I doubt we're that lucky.

I'm afraid it will have the opposite effect.   If they are still looking for someone who will "make sparks,"  TPTB will want to have more of that.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn’t watch the first few times that Grisham co-hosted, but watching this week? I can’t take this duck-lipped, BUGGED-OUT eyes and shiny faced person seriously.

If  the"Hair and Make-Up" department is working on Stephanie, chances are they have great senses of humor and feel about her the way we do.  Sunny too, I'd guess.  Just for fun, I'm going to pile on the EYES again:  Eyelid1.jpg.d3589ce42f89139b9a40f678e2280fd2.jpg

• LOL 2

I'm probably weird this way, but nobody who's tried out to me has been as bad as her. Similar to how none of the conservative co-hosts prior to her were nearly as bad. She was unique in her level of awfulness. Even though Grisham is very unlikable and I think it's pretty irresponsible for the show to consider people with the particular kind of experience she and Farrah have at all, I know I could endure them because the others can counter anything they say. It was more the screaming over everyone and the others never being allowed to confront anything she said directly that made princess so horrible (in tandem with the kowtowing to her from ABC / the show).

Probably the one who's come the closest as far as causing general tension in the atmosphere of the show is probably Tafoya, tbh, but even she's nothing in comparison.

I agree that one of the biggest issues with you know who was her personality. She was just so miserable and obnoxious.   And ABC let her get away with so much.  If whoever they hire plays nice with the others I can probably live with any of the ones we have seen.  Except for Tafoya and that one a couple weeks ago from the Daily Blast.  She was awful.

• Love 4

I'm probably weird this way, but nobody who's tried out to me has been as bad as her. Similar to how none of the conservative co-hosts prior to her were nearly as bad. She was unique in her level of awfulness. 

I feel the same way. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

It's always so difficult to decide whether to complain about BrightEyes (more sparks!) or lie low and think The Powers That Be think she's just fine.

Have they given up on the FABULOUS Jane Coaston?  JaneCoaston.thumb.png.dc6087f23531fc3b275a253b751957db.png

Please, show, bring Jane back!!!!!! Still, I fear they're about to trade one Princess of Arizona for another. I know I've said it before, but if they hire Grisham or Griffin I am done with the show. Either of them would be a huge slap in the face of this viewer. I would even take Tafoya over them if it came down to it. 

3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Actually technically, the longest wait times to immigrate to the U.S. by country are the Philippines, China, India and Mexico.

Wait times are longest for non-immediate relatives of petitioners. For example, the current wait for Filipino siblings of adult American citizens need to wait an average of 23 years to be eligible for a green card.

It has a lot to do with the volume of applicants.