Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/4/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 4 – Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke (“Moon Knight”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, April 5 – Guest co-host Stephanie Grisham; Pamela Anderson (Broadway’s “Chicago”)

Wednesday, April 6 – Guest co-host Stephanie Grisham; Lilly Singh (author, “Be a Triangle”)

Thursday, April 7 – Guest co-host Stephanie Grisham; Michelle Yeoh (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)

Friday, April 8 – GRAMMY® Award-winning singer, songwriter, actress and author LeAnn Rimes guest co-hosts and performs; The Political View with Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Grisham's back!? NOOOOOOO!!! I refuse to watch this week when she's on.

Same.  At least they give us fair warning of which days a guest co-host is on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SusanM said:

Same.  At least they give us fair warning of which days a guest co-host is on.

Why do the producers/ABC insist on punishing us??? By far, the best conservative they've had on this season in my book is Jane Coaston. She was calm, collected and seemed so normal. But my wanting her to come back is comparable to my dad wanting Buzzy Cohen to host Jeopardy - it's not going to happen. 😭

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

How many times is she going to utter "as a single mother"? UGGGH. 😬😣

About the same amount of times that Sunny says she was a former federal prosecutor 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Axie said:

There is a huge difference between how many times Sunny mentions she’s a lawyer and how many times Ana mentions she’s a lawyer too.

Didn’t mean to copy this but I agree.  Ana rarely mentions that she’s an attorney while Sunny mentions that she is almost daily.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Axie said:

There is a huge difference between how many times Sunny mentions she’s a lawyer and how many times Ana mentions she’s a lawyer, too.

HUH?  They're both lawyers. I don't get your point.🤷‍♀️  

Edited by MsTree
On 4/1/2022 at 4:43 PM, Prairie Rose said:

Why do the producers/ABC insist on punishing us??? By far, the best conservative they've had on this season in my book is Jane Coaston. She was calm, collected and seemed so normal.

Why is Stephanie back so quickly?

I also wish they would bring back Jane Coaston.  Give her another chance!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Whoopi did the thing again today where she started to introduce the topic, and before she gets the question out to the other panelists, answers it in a passive aggressive manor so much that there’s not much left to even discuss. It totally throws off the flow of the discussion, sets a negative tone and makes it near impossible for anyone to disagree since she’s already said how’s she sees it and is rarely willing to listen to anyone who disagrees.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Why is this interview so long?  It’s not that interesting.

And considering it was taped last week they could have edited. Maybe they could have used some of that time to discuss *other things* as Ana suggested. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And considering it was taped last week they could have edited. Maybe they could have used some of that time to discuss *other things* as Ana suggested. 

Or they could have waited to air the interview later on this week and cut Stephanie Grisham's airtime! 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Am I the only one wondering about Ethan’s t- shirt collar ? It looks just like a shirt I have that a hair stylist spilled bleach on. 

I think we were all too busy looking at Oscar. 😄

• Love 3

2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Until your post I had no idea that Ana was also a lawyer.

It's been mentioned.   But I think the bulk of her career has been is a political strategist.   Not sure how long she practiced law.

Sunny usually talks about being a lawyer when the topic is relevant to prosecuting crimes.  Which comes up a lot on this show.   She doesn't generally talk much about tax or coporate law.   I'm assuming that Ana doesn't talk about being a lawyer much is because her law experience is not relevant to the conversation.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Really?  I don’t see it.

Haha, sexy is in the eye of the beholder. :)

8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s a shame Nichole Wallace isn’t still on the panel for the Sarah Palin discussion. That would have been great!

Yes, agree!

• Love 4

Does anybody know why the Oscar Isaac/Ethan Hawke interview was on this week instead of last?  Was it pre-empted  last week?  I don't remember that but then again I'm old and don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.😏

(edited)

I don't get Grisham's point that name-calling is the fine line that keeps hardcore Republicans from seeing the light. If calling MTG an idiot is more offensive to a prospective voter than MTG's actual reactionary rhetoric, then that voter was never going to change their mind.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 23

Oh no. This Stephanie John Grisham person just said "the I don't care if she is green or orange" thing about Jackson. I notice when people do this-they say colors of people that do not exist saying they don't care if they are that color, but often curiously leave out black. It is one of those "tell me you are racist without telling me you are racist" things. Now I am not saying she is racist but she did work for Trump and she used that signaling phrasing so...

I also realize that for her, orange people may be the norm. Why do her eyes looks so big and does she blink? Can anyone confirm that she actually has eyelids and that her eyes are not glued on?

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Sunny didn't even finish her legal note!! (Yes, I watched the show today in spite of Grisham - big mistake!!!)

Sure, she did. She said Matt Gaetz and Roy Moore deny the accusations.  What else was there to say.  Whoopi was super annoying with her "music" during the legal note.

The argument of dont call Republicans idiots when they idioatic things., is the most ridiculous thing ever. I must be dim because I don't understand the point. She said when people call Republicans idiots for saying dumb shit they close ranks...huh? As someone who lives in a red state I know many many people who will never vote or even consider anything a Democrat says as worth considering.  So yeah, I'm fine with people being called out as idiots. The Dumbing down of this Country is rampant. 

I had to laugh see Pam Anderson.  I had a long text conversation with my sister about the Show "The Thing About Pam", after 4 text back and forth we realized my sister thought I was was talking about The Pam and Tommy show on Hulu 😄

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

It killed me that Grisham thinks the problem is accurately calling someone dumb instead of MTG calling anyone who votes for a Supreme Court justice "pro-pedophile." It's sort of passing the blame away from the person who's responsible. Instead of MTG being the problem for saying denigrating things about Jackson, Romney, etc. or LGBT, for example (which Grisham pointed out was a reason they hate Jackson)--no, it's the other side's fault for pegging her as "stupid" for saying the things she says about those people and groups...

Pamela Anderson looks like she's aged hard since the last time she was on The View (which was only a year or two ago?)--mostly referring to her face. She looked like Caroline Rhea a bit today, and that's not something I'd ever thought about her before. I suppose it could just be bad work done.

• Love 4

Steph was fine with her former boss calling people far worse things than idiot.

Pam Anderson is way too old to play Roxie Hart.

I had to laugh at the pretend you are someone else segment. We have neighbor named Tina who is cute as a button.

• Love 3

You know-if they want to fill time with topics from advice columns, why not use something current and not from seven years ago?

I read all the advice columns and I immediately recognized that this was an old letter

From Dear Prudence: “Help! During Sex My Husband Wants Me to Dress Up as Someone We Know.” (Sept. 1, 2015)

• Useful 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

You know-if they want to fill time with topics from advice columns, why not use something current and not from seven years ago?

I read all the advice columns and I immediately recognized that this was an old letter

From Dear Prudence: “Help! During Sex My Husband Wants Me to Dress Up as Someone We Know.” (Sept. 1, 2015)

Wow, that is an old article. I don't mind the fill time pieces, but I do prefer them when Whoopi isn't there.  The other women seem to go with the conversation and just have fun with it. WG always has to pull a face and act like the conversation is beneath her( the woman who loves to talk about her gas🙄).

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Cozytea said:

Wow, that is an old article. I don't mind the fill time pieces, but I do prefer them when Whoopi isn't there.  The other woman seem to go with the conversation and just have fun with it. WG always has to pull a face and act like the conversation is beneath her( the woman who loves to talk about her gas🙄).

To be fair, on Sundays Slate runs a compilation of classic letters and that was ran this past Sunday but still--it seems they could pick something from a current column. Also, when they do these discussions, they don't really delve into the details of the letter but riff on the headline disregarding the particulars. It is lazy filler but better than more View your Deal. segments, I suppose.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Wow, that is an old article. I don't mind the fill time pieces, but I do prefer them when Whoopi isn't there.  The other woman seem to go with the conversation and just have fun with it. WG always has to pull a face and act like the conversation is beneath her( the woman who loves to talk about her gas🙄).

I can't stand when Whoopi does that. It's a brief moment of fun and she always kills the fun vibe. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

To be fair, on Sundays Slate runs a compilation of classic letters and that was ran this past Sunday but still--it seems they could pick something from a current column. Also, when they do these discussions, they don't really delve into the details of the letter but riff on the headline disregarding the particulars. It is lazy filler but better than more View your Deal. segments, I suppose.

Aww, interesting, makes sense.  I wondered what intern scoured the internet looking for old articles to discuss lol. 

4 minutes ago, Jenzey said:

I can't stand when Whoopi does that. It's a brief moment of fun and she always kills the fun vibe. 

Since I'm in my Whoopi annoys me mood today, I wanted to mention how ridiculous she is regarding "The Academy". Last week,  maybe Thursday Sarah mentioned The Academy and some decision they might make about Will Smith.  Whoopi started waving her hands around to get Sara to stop talking, of course they moved on and WG sat there with a tight look on her face. Lol, does Whoopi think The Academy of Movies, Arts and Science ,is the CIA?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Since I'm in my Whoopi annoys me mood today, I wanted to mention how ridiculous she is regarding "The Academy". Last week,  maybe Thursday Sarah mentioned The Academy and some decision they might make about Will Smith.  Whoopi started waving her hands around to get Sara to stop talking, of course they moved on and WG sat there with a tight look on her face. Lol, does Whoopi think The Academy of Movies, Arts and Science ,is the CIA?

It wasn't Sara, but Tara. Sara was out all last week filming her game show, The Chase.

• Love 2