Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/4/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Stephanie had to resort to the criminals coming over…and hate to burst your bubble but the drugs get here whether or not ther are immigrants at the border.  And most of these people would like to legally immigrate, but with their families in danger in their home countries, they can’t wait the 10-15 years it would take them since the immigration requirements for them are onerous and the wait list is years long (note, I believe the wait list isnt nearly as long if you’re a non Hispanic/black person coming from somewhere like Europe or Asia.  

Of course it's not for Europe, a lot less wanting to come here would make for a shorter list.

• Love 1

Grisham is just a moron.

And I disagree with both Whoopi and Sara about allowing the likes of Hannity to be given a chance or platform. I can’t go into more detail because it would be off topic, but he’s a douche and a liar who likes to spread lies and misinformation.

And was there some reason why Whoopi didn’t ask Lilly Singh anything, except to sit there bored out of her ass, and to cut her off?

And apologies to @Cozytea! I thought your comment yesterday was what happened last week with Tara Setmayer! I watched the episodes this week and saw that Sara brought up the whole ’Should Will Smith’s Oscar be taken away’ nonsense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I know I've said it before, but if they hire Grisham or Griffin I am done with the show.

I agree.  I hate to leave Joy, but the disrespect these corporations (Disney and ABC) demonstrate to their viewers is just too much.  I'll miss all the snark here...but WAIT!  I bet I can figure out enough snotty responses even if I don't watch the shows.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Grisham must be desperate for a job to put herself on display with 4 women who seem to dislike her and her take on things 

And in how many areas does that desperation flow?   Her agent.  Her family.  Desperation to hire "just anyone' ? Disney and ABC.  The executive producers of "The View."  Does no one see and hear what we do?

She has had almost lifelong NEGATIVE job and "the public" evaluations.  Maybe she thinks she's being treated well on this show.  WHY she keeps failing and asked to leave...and then gets yet another high-visibiity job is beyond me.  BEYOND ME!

• Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, ForumLou said:

This made me laugh. I was talking to my mom on the phone and she kept saying how much she loved 'Jersey Shore' and the movies.  I kept asking her to repeat that, you like Jersey Shore?  She was getting pissed.  Turns out Jersey Shore is a Hallmark program or some such.  Much more her thing hahaha

Ask her if she meant Chesapeake Shores it's a show on Hallmark I've seen commercials for over the years when watching the mystery movies.

• LOL 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Grisham is just a moron.

And I disagree with both Whoopi and Sara about allowing the likes of Hannity to be given a chance or platform. I can’t go into more detail because it would be off topic, but he’s a douche and a liar who likes to spread lies and misinformation.

And was there some reason why Whoopi didn’t ask Lilly Singh anything, except to sit there bored out of her ass, and to cut her off?

And apologies to @Cozytea! I thought your comment yesterday was what happened last week with Tara Setmayer! I watched the episodes this week and saw that Sara brought up the whole ’Should Will Smith’s Oscar be taken away’ nonsense.

No need to apologize.  I said last week ,maybe Thursday.  So you were correct that Sara was not there. I obviously have trouble remembering what day it  is lol.  Menopause brain is not my friend 😄

I don't mind if they have a conservative person on The View but does it have to be a person who worked for an administration that spread so much misinformation and hate. It's like CBS hiring Mick Mulvaney,  it is so wrong to give them legitimacy.  

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't mind if they have a conservative person on The View but does it have to be a person who worked for an administration that spread so much misinformation and hate. It's like CBS hiring Mick Mulvaney,  it is so wrong to give them legitimacy.  

THANK YOU!!!! My sentiments exactly.

• Love 7

Joy was misinterpreting what an open relationship is vs. bringing someone else into the marriage.  She was asking if you'd bring in another man or woman, and implying a menage a trois, as opposed to separate relationships that each partner would be having with someone else.  But then she said "unless Helen Mirren is in the hot tub, I won't be watching!".  LMAO  That's why I love Joy.

Raise your hand if you didn't know Whoopi was going to say her brain was both male and female.  Anybody?  That's what I thought :-). 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, jalady said:

Joy was misinterpreting what an open relationship is vs. bringing someone else into the marriage.  She was asking if you'd bring in another man or woman, and implying a menage a trois, as opposed to separate relationships that each partner would be having with someone else. 

One of my best friends confided in me a few years ago that her and her husband were swingers.  They had rules.  Both of them could only sleep with other couples. An open relationship would be if each partner was allowed to have sex outside of marriage.  It would be up to the individual couple if they had rules such as always letting their partner know if they were going to see someone else or never sleeping with someone they know.  

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Useful 2

One of my best friends confided in me a few years ago that her and her husband were swingers.  They had rules.  Both of them could only sleep with other couples. An open relationship would be if each partner was allowed to have sex outside of marriage.  It would be up to the individual couple if they had rules such as always letting their partner know if they were going to see someone else or never sleeping with someone they know

Right, but that's an open relationship with rules.  Joy was talking as if either partner was bringing one other person into the relationship with the couple.  But I'm with Sara - one at a time.  Or I should say, I'd be with Sara - if I was dating anyone!  LOL.

6 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I have a feeling it between Stephanie and Alyssa what's her name. I'll bet money they want someone from the Trump admin.

I always thought they hired you know who because they thought it would give them an inside track to information about things because of her connection to someone who was in the government (or to hear her tell it, because she had been in politics her whole life).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Rightside said:

And they want someone partially annoying.

If they want someone only partially annoying, Grisham’s not their girl. She’s full on annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ask her if she meant Chesapeake Shores it's a show on Hallmark I've seen commercials for over the years when watching the mystery movies.

I will, thanks Jaded!

1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I always thought they hired you know who because they thought it would give them an inside track to information about things because of her connection to someone who was in the government (or to hear her tell it, because she had been in politics her whole life).

Come on now, you know she was casting votes from  the womb. 🙃

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just crept in...no time to read previous posts (yet).  If STEPHANIE GRISHAM is so willing to "spill the tea" about things that went on in the White House--things that are probably covered under her Non-Disclosure Agreement, what makes Disney, ABC, and The View producers, stars, and crew think she won't THROW THEM under the bus when it suits her?

REALLY...I'm very worried because she now has a photo and name identification right after Whoopi et al every time this show comes on.

She's a loose cannon that had better be carted away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG!  Grisham is in her element!  She's finally THE CENTER OF ATTENTION.                    Has anyone ... will anyone ask:

1. Were you personally observing all the Oval Office dynamics you're reporting today?
  2. Were you there the entire SEVEN-HOUR period when "he made no calls"?
  3. Since you were working for Melania...and NOT the President, WHY were you there?
  4. Do you have permission to be broadcasting all these "facts" on national television?
  5. Have you or do you expect to be asked to appear before the Legislatures JANUARY SIXTH COMMISSION?

Perhaps Stephanie Grisham will "appear" on another panel covered by national news.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

If STEPHANIE GRISHAM is so willing to "spill the tea" about things that went on in the White House--things that are probably covered under her Non-Disclosure Agreement, what makes Disney, ABC, and The View producers, stars, and crew think she won't THROW THEM under the bus when it suits her?

BINGO! Same goes for Griffin if she gets the gig. I don't trust either as far as I can throw them. 

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

If STEPHANIE GRISHAM is so willing to "spill the tea" about things that went on in the White House--things that are probably covered under her Non-Disclosure Agreement, what makes Disney, ABC, and The View producers, stars, and crew think she won't THROW THEM under the bus when it suits her?

BINGO! Same goes for Griffin if she gets the gig. I don't trust either as far as I can throw them. 

The Vultures of The View ... is what the four regulars became today...salivating at every possible crumb of White House gossip from Ms. Grisham ... who pontificates as if she were observing from every corner while Donald Trump was handling business.

How would SHE know whether or not he had a burner phone?  

And...I found interesting that Mrs. Polly Amory jumped into the discussion as if she and her husband had actually participated...then she backtracked...then backed down....  OH!  They merely discussed ways to save their marriage.

YEAH, THIS WOMAN IS GOING TO BRING SPARKS...and lose viewers.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4

The Vultures of The View ... is what the four regulars became today...salivating at every possible crumb of White House gossip from Ms. Grisham ... who pontificates as if she were observing from every corner while Donald Trump was handling business.

How would SHE know whether or not he had a burner phone?  

And...I found interesting that Mrs. Polly Amory jumped into the discussion as if she and her husband had actually participated...then she backtracked...then backed down....  OH!  They merely discussed ways to save their marriage.

YEAH, THIS WOMAN IS GOING TO BRING SPARKS...and lose viewers.a

Its been discussed before.  Either in someone's book or in a newspaper story.  It goes back a little too, nothing new

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rightside said:

They want someone partially annoying.

Sunny already has that covered with Princess of Arizona gone.

Why can't the show find someone nice, laid back, and well informed.  I'm sick of the overly emotionally drama queens.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Why can't the show find someone nice, laid back, and well informed.  I'm sick of the overly emotionally drama queens.

EXACTLY!   The only person/people who want SPARKS are the executive director(s)/ producers.  They want to read about their show in the rags.  If they cared about viewers, McCain would have been out of there her first year.  It's disheartening...but there's LOTS of stuff on TV.  We don't need no steenkin' VIEW.   

Stephanie Grisham has a reputation for lying.  Maybe they should show even more interest in everything (rumors/gossip) she "KNOWS" about the Trump White House et al ... and she'll hang herself.

• Love 4

I did laugh on Wednesday’s show when Whoopi was like “We have to go or we will hear that music that we all hate” 

The part of the theme that they use to break and back from break is pretty grating. Would be good if they would mix it up a bit and use different parts. There is a whole section of the arrangement they don’t use on air. 

In relation to them trying to make Grisham more likable today, I think what prompted the “desk crabby” explanation on Wednesday was that Execs were probably worried it looked like it was a “gang up on” situation so trying to diffuse the image. 

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, AusTvWatcher said:

In relation to them trying to make Grisham more likable today, I think what prompted the “desk crabby” explanation on Wednesday was that Execs were probably worried it looked like it was a “gang up on” situation so trying to diffuse the image. 

Very good.  That never entered my mind.  NOW...is someone protecting her for some reason ... or when she ISN'T selected, they don't want blowback about how unfairly the current panel treated her?

9 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Well they are looking to hire a conservative so......

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Joy: "It's funny that she (MTG) is a joke, but she can't take a joke." I guess the benefit of her being off Monday is she was on fire the rest of this week.

I'm glad Ana brought up how MTG had supported insurrectionists who were violent against capitol police in the past, she only cares about them as it relates to herself. I was also happy when Ana took the Justice KBJ discussion backwards and pointed out that Clyburn and the voters (and KBJ herself, with all her experience) ultimately played the biggest role in helping to break that ceiling of first Black woman on the Supreme Court. Very striking to have Kamala Harris there at the same time this happened, presiding over the vote.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Hopefully nothing exciting (hahaha) happened as we're not getting to watch it on the west coast due to a special news bulletin that seems to have turned into a news hour.

I can assure that nothing that happened on The View is as exciting and glorious as seeing the first black female judge sworn in to the Supreme Court.

• Love 13

I wish they had dedicated the whole show talking about Jackson’s confirmation. And more than just Joy’s opinion about the douchiness and disrespect (their words paraphrased) about those that left the room.

I’m glad Joy was able to tell the viewers why Sunny wasn’t there. I felt my jaw dropping when I didn’t see her walk out.

LeeAnn added NOTHING. And everything she talked about, including mental issues, were said with a huge ass grin. Huh?

And what was that word salad Sara was saying about comedians/stand up comics?

• Love 3
On 4/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, Rightside said:

I have a feeling it is between Stephanie and Alyssa what's her name. I'll bet money they want someone from the Trump admin.

Alyssa Farrah Griffin. Bad news - she's going to be back next week. 😣😣😣😣😣

On 4/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm probably weird this way, but nobody who's tried out to me has been as bad as her. Similar to how none of the conservative co-hosts prior to her were nearly as bad. She was unique in her level of awfulness. Even though Grisham is very unlikable and I think it's pretty irresponsible for the show to consider people with the particular kind of experience she and Farrah have at all, I know I could endure them because the others can counter anything they say. It was more the screaming over everyone and the others never being allowed to confront anything she said directly that made princess so horrible (in tandem with the kowtowing to her from ABC / the show).

Probably the one who's come the closest as far as causing general tension in the atmosphere of the show is probably Tafoya, tbh, but even she's nothing in comparison.

Great point!  I was thinking the same thing this week listening to all of them rectory when she misinformed.  That was something that was clearly not allowed when MM was in the show.  Having these other potential hosts really highlights how much they were all muzzled around MM.  

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Leeann Rimes looks so different and it is not a compliment.  It wasn't until Joy announced who she was that I knew who she was.  Why do women do that to themselves? 

And she said she just turned 40!  

I liked Lee Ann Rimes when she was a cute, new (not yet spoiled by fame) singer at 12 or 13...and perhaps for a few years.

She grew into an entitled country "star," and I lost interest.  Then I heard all the gossip about her breaking up a marriage.  I'm glad her life has worked out and everything is wonderful.

But about "anxiety," as "anxiety disorder," the medical contition.  Ms Rimes said, "We're all going through it."  "If you're not right now, you're not alive."   I'M NOT going through it.  If she wants to be a spokesperson for her disorder...any disorder, don't speak so generally--as if every human is afflicted.  Since 2000, my talented and wonderful adult son has been living with me (and on Social Security Disability) because he cannot work and has difficulties because of (finally) diagnosed panic and anxiety disorders, depression, and agoraphobia.  He's now a middle-aged man who, in his 20s, won Annie Awards and was nominated three times for Emmy awards (animation writing).

Fortunately for both of us, I am not suffering with  these disorders--which makes helping him much easier for both of us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7