Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Oh Goodie, I’m the Winner

• Start Topic

Eve and Villanelle reunite before pursuing their own missions, which leads Villanelle to another assassin in The Twelve. Eve moves closer to achieving her revenge mission. Carolyn faces a ghost from her past.

Available on AMC+ now.

I still have no clue what is going on in this season, except maybe that every single one of them is a sociopath?

Best thing of the episode, the German taxi drivers. 

• Love 22

I still have no clue what is going on in this season, except maybe that every single one of them is a sociopath?

Yeah, I’ve kind of lost the thread of exactly what’s happening or why.  Particularly as we get so close to the end.   It’s like, now Villanelle’s cavorting on an island with another assassin, because… uhhh… ?

It almost feels like MadLibs, like: “next week, Eve __disguises herself as a robot__ to hunt the twelve; while Carolyn yells at a _street mime_; and Villanelle _takes a ride on a zeppelin_”

I’d be like, okay, and go along with it, but I’d still be scratching my head a little

• LOL 14
  • Love 7

So.... Eve killed Lars because he is Twelve? Or was there another, more personal reason as implied by the way she said "How does it feel?" before the kill shot? He did not order the hit on Kenny, so WTF? Why not try to get info from him as Carolyn was making progress doing. Or is this just to show Eve has become unhinged?  

• Love 11

I'm just bored at this point. I was hoping they wouldn't keep Eve and Villanelle apart for the entire final season, but here we are with two episodes left and they've only had a few moments of interaction (and next week's promo doesn't look promising on that front, either). I don't know why we're wasting time on Pam, I don't understand Eve's actions at all, I'm getting tired of the mumbled dialogue and "artsy" too-loud music... I love all the actors on this show, but at this point I'm more than ready for it to end.

• Love 18
On 3/29/2022 at 11:25 PM, Cranberry said:

I'm just bored at this point. I was hoping they wouldn't keep Eve and Villanelle apart for the entire final season, but here we are with two episodes left and they've only had a few moments of interaction (and next week's promo doesn't look promising on that front, either). I don't know why we're wasting time on Pam, I don't understand Eve's actions at all, I'm getting tired of the mumbled dialogue and "artsy" too-loud music... I love all the actors on this show, but at this point I'm more than ready for it to end.

OH MY GOD THE MUSIC.  THE CONSTANT CHANTING.  The Show would be so much better without it.  It's sooooooooo distracting.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why would a spy claim to be a nationality whose language he wasn't fluent in? Young Konstantin was not smart if he was so easily made by Young Carolyn .

Was Villanelle's father the guy who fell into the lake?

It would seem Villanelle's clothing is meant to be part of her cover, a distraction. Konstantin is training Pam the same way, or trying to. She doesn't really have the height or the physique for couture fashions.

I was expecting Villanelle to snap Konstantin's neck after their big hug. Looked like he was too.

When they do the Russell Wilson biopic (🙄) he really should insist they get the guy playing Yusuf to portray him. The resemblance is uncanny to me, though Robert Gilbert is clearly much taller Wilson.

All of your posts might be about the episode previous to this one.

• Love 3

OK, so my theory about the arrow being poisoned obviously wasn't right.  But it makes no sense that a relatively superficial arrow hit would cause Villanelle to go down so fast and stay down, appearing to be dead.  Not to mention V has full range of motion days after having an inch deep hole created in her shoulderblade.  And how did Eve get a hold of Konstantin?  And why would he bring Pam and "out" her to Eve? 

This season just makes no sense whatsoever.  I can't even figure out what the writers are going for.  Yeah, I'll watch it to the end, but I guess the fact that it takes me a good 4-5 days to get around to viewing new episodes says it all. 

• Love 16
(edited)
On 3/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, Cranberry said:

The problem is that they left them separated all season. Also, that we didn't see what happened after the bridge. Which adds up to us missing Eve's motivation for all her actions. This episode is basically supposed to be the catalyst for Eve becoming more like Villanelle. Specifically, her interactions with Helene is that catalyst. Villanelle sparked whatever change is happening in Eve, but because Villanelle has always been "the bad guy" in Eve's head, she's been unable to connect with V/herself. 

Whatever happened on the bridge (and all the loved ones Eve has lost) made it so she could mentally stroll in and shoot Konstantine at the beginning of the season. Her interactions with Helene, and finding out about Carolyn's involvement in the 12, sparked her anger even moreso- but it wasn't until V popped up and killed Helene, that Eve had the final push to kill one of the 12. Doing so in spite of Carolyn's justifications for keeping Lars alive. I think Eve is finally fed up with society and the rules, and if she can't fix things the right way (or slightly bent through private security work), then she is going to do it the killing way.

Now since we don't know what happened on the bridge, I could be completely wrong. But I'm pretty sure this episode was a very poorly rushed attempt to manifest Eve's transformation. 

Edited by william0102
I can't type, but that's not new
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, william0102 said:

The problem is that they left them separated all season. Also, that we didn't see what happened after the bridge. Which adds up to us missing Eve's motivation for all her actions. This episode is basically supposed to be the catalyst for Eve becoming more like Villanelle. Specifically, her interactions with Helene is that catalyst. Villanelle sparked whatever change is happening in Eve, but because Villanelle has always been "the bad guy" in Eve's head, she's been unable to connect with V/herself. 

William0102, you must be an English Lit teacher!  I supposed that your explanation makes about as much sense as anything.   Maybe in the show finale they will show us a flashback of whatever happened after the bridge.    I also suppose that this episode kind of cleared up the 12's motivation - a bunch of anarchists who just wanted to sow world disorder.   And it looks as if the people behind Season 4 is taking that to heart because as of right now, not a helluva lot seems to be making any real sense.  Talk about something full of sound and fury and signifying nothing!  Gotta give props to all of the actors involved whose talent makes one want to keep watching this through the end.  

• Love 4

This episode gave me whiplash. Several moments that had me yelling "Hell yeah" followed by several that had me thinking "WTF?" 

Pam is this season's Geraldine. A ton of time wasted on a character that brings absolutely nothing to the storyline. I was actually rooting for Fernanda to kill her. 

I'm truly confused as to what Eve's motivation was for killing Lars. I wish this show would spend less time introducing new characters and more time exploring the characters we fell in love with and presenting a cohesive storyline. 

I don't need to see Gunn and Villanelle bonding, show. There are only 2 episodes left. Unless the finale is a 3-hour, cinematic extravaganza, I fail to see how this wrap up is going to be anything other than a disappointment. 

Also, I'm not a psychotic Villaneve shipper but seriously show??? Either shit or get off the pot. If it's not going to happen, stop teasing that it will. 

Good riddance, Helene. 

• Love 7

39 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I don't need to see Gunn and Villanelle bonding, show. There are only 2 episodes left. Unless the finale is a 3-hour, cinematic extravaganza, I fail to see how this wrap up is going to be anything other than a disappointment. 

Is the two-hour finale on April 10 (on BBC America) supposed to be episodes 7 and 8? I was looking at the tv listings for this week and next and it says next Sunday is episode 7, but also says Finale and appears to have two titles.

...Even their air schedule confuses me.

• LOL 4

Hélène is probably the biggest way you can waste a very good actress and a promising intro for a character. So she is supposed to be the one who hunted and tortured the members of the 12? How is that such a non-event?! And why kill her off that way when it adds virtually nothing to the story or to character development, as we are totally lost on what Vilanelle and Eve are really thinking, at this point?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tuggy said:

Hélène is probably the biggest way you can waste a very good actress and a promising intro for a character. So she is supposed to be the one who hunted and tortured the members of the 12? How is that such a non-event?! And why kill her off that way when it adds virtually nothing to the story or to character development, as we are totally lost on what Vilanelle and Eve are really thinking, at this point?

Helene should have been introduced last season, to build up tension, and to have a great moment where Eve and whoever she would be working with realized the dead people were all 12 members. That would have also had the added benefit to give Eve a reason to act the way she did at the bridge- like she was considering that maybe V wasn't the worst of the worst. Then if they had to do the no explanation as to what happened on the bridge, and we suddenly see Eve stalking Helene, we would be all: wtf? Is Eve with V?  Then cut V's attempt at being born again down to 1 episode. We still get the same idea as to why V is doing her thing, but Eve's motivations would be a bit more explained, but still secret.

I think V killed Helene because she was jealous, like she would have killed her anyway because V thought Helene was trying to kill her for failing, but she was waiting so patiently for the right moment. Then Eve showed up, and it was pretty much all over once Helene mentioned the part about her and Eve kissing. (I actually laughed out loud when that happened because V had told Eve everything wasn't about her when Eve had said Helene had V shot to get back at Eve). Like, you just know V was gonna cut her Achilles' tendons and just go on about how she was born to be a killer, and taunting Helene about still being alive. But that went out the window, lol.

Was anyone else sad about Fernanda being killed? I mean, she was annoying, but it really just seemed like she had horrible taste in people and didn't deserve to go out like that.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Is the two-hour finale on April 10 (on BBC America) supposed to be episodes 7 and 8? I was looking at the tv listings for this week and next and it says next Sunday is episode 7, but also says Finale and appears to have two titles.

...Even their air schedule confuses me.

Titan TV, says two hour episode 7 to 9 pm Central, on Sunday 10 April.    Nothing listed for Killing Eve on 17 April.   So, I guess this ends on 10 April. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Helene was introduced last season.

Excuse me, I should have said that Helene should have been introduced as being the person killing the 12, not as a type of handler for Villanelle. I should have been clearer.

• Love 3

Let's try this one:

The Killing Eve Powers That Be decided to displace Game of Thrones last season with Killing Eve season 4 for fandom irritation. 

Now who's going to be the most disliked showrunner, ever?

• LOL 9
14 hours ago, william0102 said:

I think V killed Helene because she was jealous, like she would have killed her anyway because V thought Helene was trying to kill her for failing, but she was waiting so patiently for the right moment. Then Eve showed up, and it was pretty much all over once Helene mentioned the part about her and Eve kissing. (I actually laughed out loud when that happened because V had told Eve everything wasn't about her when Eve had said Helene had V shot to get back at Eve). Like, you just know V was gonna cut her Achilles' tendons and just go on about how she was born to be a killer, and taunting Helene about still being alive. But that went out the window, lol.

That entire scene made me cackle with glee. From Villanelle's barely suppressed laughter after the fart to her jealous streak showing, it was just maniacally batshit. 

But at this point I have no idea what anyone's motivation for doing anything is. Carolyn wants to know who ordered the hit on Kenny, but what does everyone else want? 

I was also hoping that Gunn would be played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. But she probably read the scripts and said, "Hard pass!" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

But at this point I have no idea what anyone's motivation for doing anything is. Carolyn wants to know who ordered the hit on Kenny, but what does everyone else want? 

She tells Eve to let her do her thing to get info from Lars, but when Eve comes in to kill him anyway she just sits there and does nothing...?

I am so trying to hold on until the end just to see this through.  I kind of wish that this season had been the first season because I never would have become invested in this show.  The only residual character love I still have is for Konstantine.  Kill the rest off as far as I'm concerned because nothing they do makes any sense.  Also, all of the concern for V after she was shot by the arrow?  Ridiculous.  Oh, poor baby it hurt a lot...what about all the pain she has inflicted on others?  Eve is morose and I can't even stand her anymore and it seems like all Carolyn does is try to show off how much she knows.

I, too, wish Fernanda had won that fight as I really don't care about new assassin.  Wow, considering how much I loved this show as the beginning, I think that I am very bitter about all of the wasted potential of the show.  I can't follow the storylines, don't care about flashbacks about characters who don't seem integral to the show, and am tired of being told how awesome the characters are when nothing they do makes any sense.

• Love 15

Oh Villanelle, she who hesitates is lost. Your delay made you hear something about Eve you probably wish you hadn't.

Why was Eve so shocked when Villanelle killed Helene? (Over on reddit they seem to have interpreted Eve's reaction as passion versus shock. She was turned on. Ehhh.)

How was Villanelle able to row like that with her wound?

The Killing Eve Powers That Be decided to displace Game of Thrones last season with Killing Eve season 4 for fandom irritation. 

Yep, that's my take too. Mind-boggling. I just hope the ending is more like GoT and not like The Sopranos where we're left wondering if the main characters are alive or not. Or that it turns out to be a dream.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How was Villanelle able to row like that with her wound?

I wondered that, too! Those painkillers must have been narcotic-strength. Heh.

The fart was hilarious; did Helene think it was hers? She smiled when she heard it.

I still love most of the characters, but this has been a very meandering final season. 

• Love 5

Not only was V rowing like a pro after the arrow wound, she then carried her pack on her left side, which is where the wound was. Rather than get mad at the continuity fairies, I just handwaved it that a lot of time had passed. Like, a LOT. 

• Love 1

They will replace the 12 with another, and another? Isn’t he a founding member? How would Caroline know what would happen?