Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Live Thread

• Start Topic

I'm glad this stupid, silly show is back. I definitely need something mindless to watch right now. While I think the Eagles clues were too obvious, no one even guessed one of them so maybe! The terrier is not a singer I don't think...

• Love 3

Hate Jennie's hair, like her dress. Nicole looks good tonight.

I wonder if they're going to rework some of those costumes before they have to perform again, like Firefly and McTerrier. They look great but they can't perform in them. 

Well, I guess they don't have to rework McTerrier after all.

Edited by NeenerNeener
4 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Huh. They edited out a certain reveal from a few weeks ago, from the looks of it. 

That's what I thought.  I'm pretty sure I had read it happened on the season's premier episode.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Calling it now, Thingamabob is Don Henley. Though all the Eagles clues in the package seem a bit too heavy-handed.

My guess is Blake Shelton.  He has the height, the musical chops and he said he wanted to be known for his VOICE!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Firefly stomping off when she was called for bottom 2 was not endearing. I'd like her gone soon. 

She’s a drama queen and needs to go. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

Firefly stomping off when she was called for bottom 2 was not endearing. I'd like her gone soon. 

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

She’s a drama queen and needs to go. 

I'm very curious to see who this is.  She certainly made a food of herself.  I hated that the panel was cheering her & chanting her name when she came back on stage.  She didn't deserve cheers.

eta:  I just read on TMZ that there's a contestant who is pissing off the other contestants because of the size of her entourage.  It says no one on the show has ever seen anyone show up with an entourage this big, i.e. friends, family members, managers, beauty & hair team, etc.  TMZ's source is not saying who it is. 

I'm guessing it could be Firefly.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Holy crap, Ken was right!

Yeah, that surprised me too. Brinkley doesn't seem to have much of a voice based on tonight's performance, so how could she play Roxie Hart in Chicago?

I could swear I heard Martin Short as one head of the Hydra, so at least one of the other heads better be Steve Martin or Chevy Chase.

I haven't got a clue who anyone else is, but I don't think Armadillo is making it out of this round. It will be either Miss Teddy or Ringmaster for the eventual win of this round. 

I don't think I like this new format, and I kind of miss the "Golden Ear" competition.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

We made it through an episode without a catastrophe, yay 😂

I’m sad to see Lemur go, but only because I liked the costume. I didn’t think she was the worst of the night, though. 

Did anyone else think Teddy Bear sounded like she was always out of breath? I know some singers do it stylistically, but she just sounded winded from the start. 

FYI, Jenny, you constantly yelling “who is that?” isn’t helpful. That’s sorta the whole point of the show, not knowing who is under the mask. 

I’ve gotta be honest, none of the singers who appear on here are people I would listen to on a day-to-day basis(just not my thing), so unless they’re super famous or recognizable, like Jewel was, I’m gonna be better at figuring out the non-singers, unless they’re a sports person who I likely won’t know even unmasked. 

• Love 4

Teddy and Ringmaster are so far ahead of Hydra and Armadillo talent-wise, so if this had ended any other way, I’d have been highly disappointed. 

Nicole B is an odd choice for a guest judge. Her choices are worse than Ken’s but she seems somewhat serious about them. Does she have a new project coming out? Also, what’s the point of s surprise guest if you’re gonna name/show them in all the previews leading up to the show? 

Shallow note, I’m loving the short hair on Nicole and it’s making me want to do a major chop on my own hair once it warms up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if Nicole's hair is always this short and she just wears wigs/extensions sometimes.

I've heard Teller speak on TBBT, but not enough to recognize him singing.

5 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I was sure that Hydra was Steve Martin and Martin Short.

Me too. It would have been a great promo for the second season of Only Murders In the Building.

Edited by NeenerNeener

I swear I heard Steve Martin/Martin Short this time, but maybe because I was sure that's who it was. I love Penn and Teller, so I was thrilled! Though, come on Jenny - Bert and Ernie? Teddy's voice did ring a tiny bell, but I couldn't place it in the end. Overall a good episode that didn't feel as weird as the others.

• Love 2

Nicole's got long hair again. I don't think they're dressing her as well this season.

Gold Derby agrees with the Dog the Bounty Hunter guess for Armadillo.

They think the Ringmaster is the girl from The Goldbergs.

Their guess for Miss Teddy matches Nicole's last guess.

Edited by NeenerNeener

I had guessed Jennifer Holiday, glad to see that guess at least turned out to be right.

I think Nicole Byer and/or Leslie Jordan would make better "judges" than Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy, or Nicole Scherzinger. Ken Jeong is the only one of them that I've ever liked, tbh. I could lose Nick Cannon, too. On the plus side, at least it makes it easier to fast forward through the show.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

I like Robin, he does know a lot about music, and he and Nicole have both worked with a ton of folks. Jenny can go. She probably has lots of pop culture knowledge, but I think some of it is fed to her and she super annoying. I can't forget Robin completely missing that one of the contestants was his best friend from childhood and former musical partner! That was awesome.

• Love 4

Oh God, Jack-in-the-box is definitely you-know-who. And if it’s not, my sincerest apologies. 

ETA : Might as well add the rest of my thoughts now.

Prince was a good show opener. Not sure who it is, but I wouldn’t be mad if he made it to the end.

Baby Mammoth : Gotta be real, whoever this is has taken the whole “baby” thing a bit too literally and it’s creeping me out 😂 Also not sure if this is a man or woman. No disrespect to the singer, but the clues and the voice didn’t match for me. Reminded me of a band I listen to, who others often think has 2 singers, but in reality is one guy who can sound like a woman at times. 

Queen Cobra : No clue who this is. Are there any girl groups similar to Spice Girls or Pussycat Dolls currently? I’m wondering if the main Cobra is sorta the front woman of the group, similar to how Nicole was sorta the front woman of PCD. I know technically they were all equal, but she’s still the only one whose name I know. 

Space Chipmunk : Could be a real singer, but I wasn’t impressed at all. 

Edited by Bookworm13
1 minute ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

.Yeah, Jack in the Box is definitely the one we were all dreading.

Then I'm glad I switched over to a Hallmark movie and opted to monitor this Masked Singer episode by just reading this thread.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Then I'm glad I switched over to a Hallmark movie and opted to monitor this Masked Singer episode by just reading this thread.

At least now you can watch the future episodes if you want. 

Ken walking off wasn’t as dramatic as I was expecting, so either major editing or it was reported as much worse to get attention. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

At least now you can watch the future episodes if you want. 

So he's gone? If so, great! I'll be back next week.

This Hallmark movie is dangerous. It's making me want to buy a pecan farm.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

I remember Rudy Giuliani, America’s mayor, and how awesome and unifying he was after 9/11.  He also did so many important things as a prosecutor and as the mayor of New York. This was a long time again but an important part of our history (I’m old, because I it seems like it was yesterday)

I mourn the loss of this version and I know many are younger and don’t know all the good things he did during most of career. Some will only know him from who he was and what he did in the last the last six years.

That being said, I am dumbfounded that he went on this show at all, given his age, notoriety and other factors. I don’t think his judgment  and mental acuity have been as sharp as it was when he was mayor of New York.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Yep, he’s gone!

@GaT, you can watch the show now!

Thanks for letting me know, but since I haven't watched any of it this season, there doesn't seem to be any point to watching now. Maybe I'll be back next season. Maybe. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, GaT said:

Thanks for letting me know, but since I haven't watched any of it this season, there doesn't seem to be any point to watching now. Maybe I'll be back next season. Maybe. 

I didn’t realize you hadn’t been watching at all. I thought you were just skipping the first  episodes with new characters. You aren’t missing much, it’s a pretty boring season, IMO. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I didn’t realize you hadn’t been watching at all. I thought you were just skipping the first  episodes with new characters. You aren’t missing much, it’s a pretty boring season, IMO. 

Nope, because I didn't trust them not to just throw him in whenever, I didn't want to see any of him.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

Honestly though, a combination of Joe Pesci and Robert Duval is basically the nicest way to describe Jack in the Box.

The voice painted a picture of an older likely white, east-coaster with no rhythm. That's spot on lol

I am pissed they left in the nice things Robin/Ken said about Jack in the Box before the unmasking. That was hella shady. Bait and switch

• Love 2