Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Axie said:

I could never like Kristen Chenoweth as much as she likes herself.  She gets on my nerves.

I could never like Kristen Chenoweth Sheryl Lee Ralph as much as she likes herself.  She gets on my nerves.

Yes. I'm still blown-away and traumatized by her oversized ego.

• Love 4

I noticed Kristen asked Sara what school her son goes to and Sara answered it.  Has she ever mentioned that before?  I thought it was kind of a private thing for a celebrity to reveal on TV.  Maybe she regretted it as soon as she said it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't like Kristin Chenoweth.  It probably isn't rational but it doesn't need to be.  She just bugs me.

My mother said the same thing.  I looked at my phone and said, "Guess what?  Kristin just texted me that she doesn't like you either!"😏

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

but fell in love with her on Pushing Daisies.

I loved Pushing Daisies.  I have liked shows Kristin has been in.  I just don't like her.  I don't hate her. But when I see that she is going to be a guest I always groan and think her again?

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Love 2
(edited)

Glad to see Joy is back and apparently well.

Good for Sunny and Joy for calling Stephanie Grisham out for sticking with trump until 1/6.

Anyone else getting creeped out by Chris Meloni hugging and kissing everyone?  <shudder>

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
(edited)

Stephanie, my grandfather was a Republican too, but, the party was a little different then.  I doubt he would be now.  Not a reason to be a ride or die.

Although I do think she has a point that no one else would hire her.  Well, no one but The View.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

I know Melania lied about her background, education, and languages. I'm curious what her third language is? I've only seen her speak English and Slovenian. Anytime she's visited other countries where she should supposedly be able to speak the language, she relies on translators. 

Joy: "We all thought that she would leave him when she lost, and she's still with him. I think that says a lot."

Sara: "Well it's because they haven't realized he lost yet."

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good for Sunny and Joy for calling Stephanie Grisham out for sticking with trump until 1/6  

Yeah she shouldn't be applauded for jumping off a sinking ship.

17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Joy: "We all thought that she would leave him when she lost, and she's still with him. I think that says a lot."

That is funny.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yeah she shouldn't be applauded for jumping off a sinking ship.

Rats always jump off a sinking ship. It's just a pity that most of those rats were good swimmers & jumped straight back onto the bad ship trumpet once they realized it wasn't sinking as fast as it should have.

• Love 5
(edited)

Great show today. The Meloni interview alone made up for the boredom of the last two shows.

Loved when Joy asked Grisham that question at the end of the first segment about whether or not she'll vote for Trump's opponent if he ends up on the ballot in 2024 and Grisham slithered away in her response. Nobody buys her as a NeverTrumper, not even the women at the table. Sunny, Joy, and even Whoopi all made comments that made it clear they didn't buy her turn-around. All of them making fun of Melania despite Grisham's defenses gave me a good laugh.

As for the other topic, I appreciated Sunny pointing out the inconsistency of the claim for so-called "parent's rights" when it comes to erasing history and banning books only to then tell the parent of a LGBT child what they can or can't do.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
(edited)

I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw Joy today because she makes the show for me flaws and all..

As far as Grisham is concerned, the board sees right through her so I have nothing to add that you guys did not articulate so well..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12

I definitely get how and why Chenoweth annoys people. She does have a cringey, desperate kind of quality to her at times, as if she's always "on," so to speak. For myself, I do like her despite that, I think she's a sweetheart overall.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 3/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, RealHousewife said:

I know Melania lied about her background, education, and languages. I'm curious what her third language is? I've only seen her speak English and Slovenian. Anytime she's visited other countries where she should supposedly be able to speak the language, she relies on translators. 

🤣🤣🤣

Yay for Joy  being back. Pretty funny mentioning in 25 years of the show no one has come to fisticuffs. Almost but no cigar. 
Way back  when when conservatives were bragging about the 5 languages,I did dig deep and found videos of her visiting grade schools in those countries and would only say a single greeting and use wrong tense in another wrong term for gender or single rather than plural I believe. 
My late husband was Republican and we happily went to our voting place together  to cancel each other out. He changed when Palin came on the scene so Sara mentioning that made me smile.  

I hope this Grisham isn’t being considered for a seat. Geez her boss only wore that jacket once in 4 years? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sunny: "Is that a Black woman or a tan?"   She'd call a Caucasian person "racist" for saying something like that!

I had the same question...LOL.  Context is always important.  I don't watch all the housewives shows, but I know there aren't a lot of black housewives outside of Atlanta and Potomic.     I don't think Sunny would have thought it racist if Sarah had asked that question.    

Edited by After7Only
(edited)

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I hope this Grisham isn’t being considered for a seat. Geez her boss only wore that jacket once in 4 years? 

Ummm...who is that IMPOSTER at the table claiming to be Stephanie Grisham, a former spokesperson in Arizona politics?  Here's a current (enough) photo.

Can't POSSIBLY the annoyance passing herself as the ALSO ANNOYING Grisham.

image.thumb.png.6aa63dc3b46aae9107c27a1472fa6419.png

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Sunny: "Is that a Black woman or a tan?"   She'd call a Caucasian person "racist" for saying something like that!

Yes she would, but then, if anyone ever told Sunny that not everything in the universe is about race, she’d call them a racist, too.  It’s what she does. She’s Sunny One Note. 

Edited by Axie
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Ummm...who is that IMPOSTER at the table claiming to be Stephanie Grisham, a former spokesperson in Arizona politics?  Here's a current (enough) photo.

Can't POSSIBLY the annoyance passing herself as the ALSO ANNOYING Grisham.

image.thumb.png.6aa63dc3b46aae9107c27a1472fa6419.png

Is this her?  She looks a lot better here than she does now.  No need to have done all that facial work.  

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely get how and why Chenoweth annoys people. She does have a cringey, desperate kind of quality to her at times, as if she's always "on," so to speak. For myself, I do like her despite that, I think she's a sweetheart overall.

I really liked Stephanie  in today's show.  She was very comical.  Played well with Whoopi. Cracking her up spilling all the tea with Sunny.  Sunny will get it out of her 'is it true they sleep in separate bedrooms?'

'Yes' hahah.  I think that was the question that Sunny lost her shit on.  Here's the plan Ladies and Gents:  hire as a temp, for 90 days.  Create a list of things to ask.  Give them all to Sunny. She will get them out to Steph.  AND questives about the Housewives. Lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Was Whoopi saying Stephanie Grisham will be back for more at the end of the episode? I thought we were only being subjected to two days of her. 

I caught that as well. Do you think that means that she may be getting the "5th chair"?  Honestly, she was not as bad as I thought she would be, and her evasive answer to Sunny, about her party affiliation, or non evasive answer...maybe??????   They could do a lot worse. My gripe with her that she NEVER held a presser, and gave no sane reason why.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

I caught that as well. Do you think that means that she may be getting the "5th chair"?  Honestly, she was not as bad as I thought she would be, and her evasive answer to Sunny, about her party affiliation, or non evasive answer...maybe??????   They could do a lot worse. My gripe with her that she NEVER held a presser, and gave no sane reason why.

She's been surprisingly not so bad but the number of years she spent working for the Trumps makes me want her nowhere near this show, though the little bits of gossip she provided were interesting for sure. Hopefully she's just getting an extra day since Tuesday got interrupted by Biden.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I could never like Kristen Chenoweth Sheryl Lee Ralph as much as she likes herself.

I just erased Ralph's episode because I didn't recall WHY I saved it.  I'll have to get it back--fast and show it to a friend.  I'm sure she didn't mean to be, but Sheryl Lee Ralph was HILARIOUS--like she'd been asked to portray an old silent film star--a grande dame FINALLY getting the accolades she thought she deserved.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I had the same question... LOL. Context is always important. I don't watch all the housewives shows, but I know there aren't a lot of black housewives outside of Atlanta and Potomic. I don't think Sunny would have thought it racist if Sarah had asked that question.

Perhaps she would react differently depending on the answer? I'm kind of kidding, but suspect that she really might. 

• Love 2
On 3/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Rainyhawk said:

I do love her voice but I’m glad to hear others voice this slight dislike without understanding why.  Have that same feeling.  Maybe she’s too perky?  

She’s too “precious” for me. I’m sure she’s s nice person but something just seems disingenuous.

Edited by OpalNightstream
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

I enjoyed her performances before but fell in love with her on Pushing Daisies.

I'm in the Can't Stand Kristin Camp...but I did enjoy her on Pushing Daisies--fifteen years ago!  

• She CAN sing.
  • She CAN act.
  • She needs to be kept under control.
  • She had a script.
  • She had a director.
  • She was in an ensemble cast.
  • No mugging or ME-ME-ME allowed (apparently)
  • Love 3

UO, but I actually enjoy Stephanie on the panel. Look, nobody's perfect...and she owned up to her role at the WH. She answered all the panel's questions without hesitation. So what if it took her a while to catch on. Like she said, she is/was a single mother and concerned that no one else would hire her if she quit. Stephanie didn't kill anyone or commit a felony, but the panel continued to drill her as if she were on trial. And I'm mostly looking at you "miss perfect" Sunny. STFU.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

UO, but I actually enjoy Stephanie on the panel. Look, nobody's perfect...and she owned up to her role at the WH. She answered all the panel's questions without hesitation. So what if it took her a while to catch on. Like she said, she is/was a single mother and concerned that no one else would hire her if she quit. Stephanie didn't kill anyone or commit a felony, but the panel continued to drill her as if she were on trial. And I'm mostly looking at you "miss perfect" Sunny. STFU.

I do think she is sincere in her (now) opposition to Trump but I can't forget she not only supported him but also worked to further his agenda. But with that being said the show could (and has) done worse when hiring co hosts for that seat.  She can laugh at herself, something sadly missing in the last co host in that seat.   And she isn't afraid to spill the tea.  Always a good quality on this show.

14 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

She’s too “precious” for me. I’m sure she’s s nice person but something just seems disingenuous.

Yes. Kristin Chenoweth always seems to be "on".  Like she is playing the part of Kristin Chenoweth.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

So what if it took her a while to catch on.

This is not much a defense considering she was right in the middle of everything.  I'd cut her some slack if she was part of the adminstration but was in some far flung corner of the galaxy - but she wasn't.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I do think she is sincere in her (now) opposition to Trump but I can't forget she not only supported him but also worked to further his agenda. But with that being said the show could (and has) done worse when hiring co hosts for that seat.  She can laugh at herself, something sadly missing in the last co host in that seat.   And she isn't afraid to spill the tea.  Always a good quality on this show.

Yes. Kristin Chenoweth always seems to be "on".  Like she is playing the part of Kristin Chenoweth.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if Stephanie became permanent. I like getting a different perspective. I also appreciate that she can admit to mistakes, laugh at herself, and spill tea. She'd be a huge upgrade from the blonde. As a Sunny fan, I also thought she was a little rough on Stephanie. Stephanie handled it well. 

I actually don't mind Kristin. I think she's cute as a button and seems sweet. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree with that.  I've seen several youtube videos of her in concert and she used to (maybe still does) ask someone to sing "For Good" with her.  She's always so sweet with them on stage.  

• Love 4

I think Grisham's past role goes waaay beyond normal human imperfections...

As for today's show, I agreed with Sunny that Russia has been waging war with the U.S. for quite a while before the invasion of Ukraine. That ties back into what most people find wrong with Grisham, actually.

• Love 7

I did laugh at Grisham defending the Kardashians over those comments--seems like a weird thing to go to bat over? Joy is right that working hard is only coincidentally related to making money. I liked her example of her mother who was a machine operator, because it's similar to what I was thinking of myself. A person can work for years at a crappy job on concrete floors, ruining their bodies, and still barely scrape by. They work much harder than a Kardashian.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I love Samuel L. Jackson....that is all!!  

AMEN!  He rocks it everytime.  I hope I can see his series.  It sounded so sad but I can relate as its ravaged my family too.  But if it was me, and I was 95 and I could co that....hell yes I'd take the pill.

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if Stephanie became permanent. I like getting a different perspective. I also appreciate that she can admit to mistakes, laugh at herself, and spill tea. She'd be a huge upgrade from the blonde. As a Sunny fan, I also thought she was a little rough on Stephanie. Stephanie handled it well. 

I actually don't mind Kristin. I think she's cute as a button and seems sweet. 

This is the first day I didn't care for Steph's hair.  Too severe.  Much nicer yesterday in that wispy kind of way.  I wouldn't mind if she got the gig.  She's been much better than the rest.

Re: Trump but I can't forget she not only supported him but also worked to further his agenda.  I know in my past life that 8ve had, it always haunts me in my night terrors. Stress dream.  So I cant blame Mike or Egypt

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Can I ask an ignorant question?  You start all your posts with an UO, can I ask what that means?

Thanks (it's how I learn!)  Naysayers lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

46 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

In BREAKING NEWS Sunny grew up poor & had to work twice as hard as anyone else to get to where she is!

Give it a fucking rest will you.

“Twice as hard to get half as far.”

• Love 1