Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/28/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Tafoya blatantly lying about that really made me angry. I am disgusted. 

Sandy Hook parents had to sue Remington regarding their advertising, with a Connecticut state law, due to the bullshit Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

Thank you for posting this GATOPRETONYC.  Tafoya's pants were so on fire that they had turned to ash before she had finished speaking.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

When they did the intro this morning and walked out to the table, Sunny looked like she was crying, or had just been crying.  Hope all is ok. I like the blouse she had on

I thought the same thing! But that would be strange, if so. Especially with Tafoya there, I doubt she'd have been talking about anything personal backstage with her around.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

To quote Whoopi, Here's the thing.  I don't think Sara and Sunny were hired because of their political beliefs. And I know Joy and Whoopi weren't. So why does the fifth co host have to be someone who is checking a box for ABC?

Because there's little to no debate...with almost zero intelligent Right discussion. And of course, the show has totally veered to the Left since BW's vision of "women with different views...."

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ForumLou said:

When they did the intro this morning and walked out to the table, Sunny looked like she was crying, or had just been crying.  Hope all is ok. I like the blouse she had on

I thought it looked like she's been arguing with Tafoya right before they came out.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I wish they would have gone with Jane Coaston. She came across as intelligent, well-informed and calm. Plus, she's 34, 10 years younger than the current youngest host on the panel 

Oh, they need to bring her back to co host again!!

That would be worth their time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I thought it looked like she's been arguing with Tafoya right before they came out.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Tafoya seems like the kind of person who likes to pick fights.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Because there's little to no debate...with almost zero intelligent Right discussion. And of course, the show has totally veered to the Left since BW's vision of "women with different views...."

Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and Sara aren't lockstep in their views. They all have differing opinions about quite a few different things.  I'm not against a conservative cohost being added but the View has a history of hiring women who either don't articulate their views well (Elisabeth) or become antagonistic with other cohosts (Meghan).  So it's not just adding a conservative voice it needs to be someone who can say what they believe without screaming like a banshee and is able to play nice with others.  Ana fits the bill nicely and think her appearing a few times a week is working just fine.

• Love 19

I love Ana, but they need some new blood on this show.

Sunny is a broken record and Sara is so vanilla. Now, I really want Jane Coaston more than ever to come back and co-host.

Michelle T. is a waste of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Eykq2N4WUAIWeB7.png

Bingo!! I have many issues with this guy, but I can't handle that stupid squint. I guess he's too vain for glasses.

It was scary to see Joy take that spill. Hopefully, she didn't break anything.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I love Ana, but they need some new blood on this show.

Sunny is a broken record and Sara is so vanilla. Now, I really want Jane Coaston more than ever to come back and co-host.

Michelle T. is a waste of time.

This panel has definitely run its course. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

THere is no reason for the show to continue to have those barstool height chairs.    Both Whoopi and Joy have had trouble with them.  Get back to the days of women sitting around a table, on regular height chairs, please.  

As a woman "of a certain age"  I will tell you, that it is far easier to lower your self into a chair, then to have to "hop"  up to a barstool - because you have to balance on one foot to get on it.

just bring back the giant couch

• Love 6

Poor Joy I think her dignity was bruised more than her body . I'm so glad she is alright. I agree, they all seem to have genuine comradery especially with Magen gone. ( Thank goodness for that. ) 

One pet peeve I have with this show is the constant panning to the audience. I can hear the applause I don't need to see it. When a guest comes on I want to see them greet the hosts not the audience reaction. 

New here, hello everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Poor Joy!  I fall all the time too. Broke my hip last year. Life changing and not for the better. I hope she is fine.  Willing to bet that there will be a change in the set very soon if not tomorrow.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, PTracy said:

One pet peeve I have with this show is the constant panning to the audience. I can hear the applause I don't need to see it. When a guest comes on I want to see them greet the hosts not the audience reaction. 

I totally agree!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Poor Joy!  I fall all the time too. Broke my hip last year. Life changing and not for the better. I hope she is fine.  Willing to bet that there will be a change in the set very soon if not tomorrow.  

I hope you are doing OK!!! So sorry to hear that. Let's hope for sure that they get better chairs tomorrow for the ladies. That wasn't a tiny stumble - Joy really wiped out. She's a trouper!!!

• Love 9

I don't know if it was Joy's fall or the lack of Tafoya, but the panel was a lot more fun and loose today.   

I generally like Sara, but I did have to chuckle during the Tucker, LSAT discussion.  She spoke last and ended with that she thought Tucker was implying the nominee was admitted because of affirmative action, like she had just come to some grand epiphany.   The rest of the panel just looked at her like DUH...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

OMG Joy fell out of the chair trying to get on it.  I thought she'd passed out.

Scary. 

That was a surprise!  At 1st, I wasnt sure what had happened, and all the ladies ran over to her to help her up..Joy said she was sure that would go Viral! :)

• Love 1

What is it that's so tough about having comfortable chairs for the ladies to sit in ? Cameras move up and down , zoom in and out They should all sit on the side of the stage until they fix this problem. Or maybe spend some of the profits from View Your Deal and buy them new ones

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Just put a normal table, and regular chairs, whoever designed that set, needs to be fired. I agree, persons of a certain age have trouble with that type. One of the best restaurants in our town, has those elevated tables, among regular ones, and I refuse to sit there. They was quite a tumble, and I give her kudos for getting on with the show  She will be hunting, tomorrow!   God bless her!

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

One of the best restaurants in our town, has those elevated tables, among regular ones, and I refuse to sit there.

Any time I go to a restaurant that has those tables if there are no other options available I leave.  And I'm younger than Joy.  It's not just the uncomfortableness I dislike it's also where am I going to put my purse?  I carry a big purse. Won't be room on the table. If I put it on the floor someone could walk by and grab it. Can't hang it on the chair because someone could come by and grab it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Just put a normal table, and regular chairs, whoever designed that set, needs to be fired. I agree, persons of a certain age have trouble with that type. One of the best restaurants in our town, has those elevated tables, among regular ones, and I refuse to sit there. They was quite a tumble, and I give her kudos for getting on with the show  She will be hunting, tomorrow!   God bless her!

YEP!    There's a chain restaurant that we go to from time to time -  my husband, me, and two grown sons.  When they offer a table in the bar area, I always say we'll wait for a table.  I like to have my feet on the floor. Getting up and down from those high stools is a bit of a chore, there's that moment that you have to balance on one foot. 

I am clumsy enough BEFORE we have a pitcher of margaritas.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

One of the best restaurants in our town, has those elevated tables, among regular ones, and I refuse to sit there. 

3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Any time I go to a restaurant that has those tables if there are no other options available I leave.  And I'm younger than Joy.  It's not just the uncomfortableness I dislike it's also where am I going to put my purse?  I carry a big purse. Won't be room on the table. If I put it on the floor someone could walk by and grab it. Can't hang it on the chair because someone could come by and grab it.

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

YEP!    There's a chain restaurant that we go to from time to time -  my husband, me, and two grown sons.  When they offer a table in the bar area, I always say we'll wait for a table.  I like to have my feet on the floor. Getting up and down from those high stools is a bit of a chore, there's that moment that you have to balance on one foot. 

I am clumsy enough BEFORE we have a pitcher of margaritas.  

Totally agree with all of you! I have friends are like sure, let's sit at the bar! I'm like nooooooo!!!! I want to be comfortable when I eat. Not being unable to wait to get to a comfortable chair, concerned about falling or someone stealing my purse. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Considering her age, I’m just glad that she didn’t break her hip. 

I hope she gets it checked out. She could have a hairline fracture.  Get rid of these d@mn chairs! Many of the guests have had problems with them too. Risking broken hips is unacceptable.  They are on a stage so there is no reason for the table & chairs to be higher than normal furniture! It is also bad for people to not be able to rest their feet on the ground since the edge of the chair cuts off circulation off to the lower legs.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and Sara aren't lockstep in their views. They all have differing opinions about quite a few different things.  I'm not against a conservative cohost being added but the View has a history of hiring women who either don't articulate their views well (Elisabeth) or become antagonistic with other cohosts (Meghan).  So it's not just adding a conservative voice it needs to be someone who can say what they believe without screaming like a banshee and is able to play nice with others.  Ana fits the bill nicely and think her appearing a few times a week is working just fine.

I totally agree...and hope they can find that needle in a haystack. 

I love Ana too, but unfortunately, she's not moving to NY.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

IIRC, they didn't discuss 'hot topics' on a couch. It's always been at a table.

15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It was nice to see the other ladies, including Whoopi, be protective of her. That's how I actually believe this current panel are friends in real life.

I'd like to believe that ANY person in Joy's vicinity would have run to her aid, asked her if she was alright, helped lift her off the ground, etc.  It's just common decency. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

I'd like to believe that ANY person in Joy's vicinity would have run to her aid, asked her if she was alright, helped lift her off the ground, etc.  It's just common decency. 

You would hope but too many people's first thought is to pull out their phones and start recording.  Sad world we live in.

And we now know Ana watches the show when she isn't on.  She messaged Joy during the show asking her if she was OK.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Did they lower the chairs?  Or is it my imagination?

I have a sweater just like Sunny’s. I bet I paid a whole lot less. 😄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This guy needs to stop screaming.

He’s a frequent guest on Nicolle’s show and yes, he makes sure you know he is there.

What is it with everyone speechifying today?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This guy needs to stop screaming.

TOTALLY opposite points of view, etc., but his tone, cadence, manner of speaking and loudness remind me of Chris Christie.  There is nothing else even remotely close in opinions, looks, personal politics, etc., but speech patterns and loudness are very similar.

Edited by njbchlover
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

I was more referring to how they played it all off afterwards, too. As for what you said, well... I'd like to believe that's true, but common decency doesn't seem so common these days.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

I never felt this way during the first run and she’s one of my favorites, but ever since she’s come back I’ve felt like Sara is left behind. 

Sara is just wrong for this show. ABC had to do something with her when the Michael Strahan show was cancelled.

She was so scripted when they were remote and it seems she still is scripted being back in studio. Usually she is the last one to talk on a topic and constantly reads the blue cards.

I really think she is taking up a space that could go to someone who would be more engaged in the conversations. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was more referring to how they played it all off afterwards, too. As for what you said, well... I'd like to believe that's true, but common decency doesn't seem so common these days.

She was probably embarrassed and didn't want to think about it. Laugh it off Joy.  Long as you werent seriously hurt.

4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

You would hope but too many people's first thought is to pull out their phones and start recording.  Sad world we live in.

And we now know Ana watches the show when she isn't on.  She messaged Joy during the show asking her if she was OK.

omg she was all over every program that has a news dept.  Thank you TMZ.  Lol

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

IIRC, they didn't discuss 'hot topics' on a couch. It's always been at a table.

I was waiting for SOME one, ANY one to ask her how she was today, the day after.  Not a single bloody word!  I can imagine shes pretty sore today, arm is probably pulled too.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I was waiting for SOME one, ANY one to ask her how she was today, the day after.  Not a single bloody word!  I can imagine shes pretty sore today, arm is probably pulled too.

I'm sure Joy told everyone pre-show to not bring it up again.  I can hear her say "Enough already!"

• Love 10