Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

On 2/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, Racj82 said:

I never want to hear Sal sing ever again. I'm dead serious.

Salvador is trying (very hard) to be a romantic, but in reality is boring doormat simp. He's the type of guy who's wife/gf cheats on him and then joins her for couple counselling. He needs to grow a pair.

Edited by William2021
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, William2021 said:

With regards to Shane, Shake, Salvador, and the black dude, all these guys seem to be very established and successful with nice apartments whereas the girls still live in their parents house and dependant on their parents. Is this the example we want to show to younger viewers?

I do not share your takeaways.

Shane:  He's a real estate agent but we don't anything about his living situation or how "established" he is. There are a lot of real estate agents in Chicago and we don't know if he's good at it. It was Natalie's apartment that we visited. She appears to live alone.

Salvador:  He lives with a roommate.  No shame in that but Mallory is by far the more "established" person in that relationship as she owns property and I believe rents out the other side.

Shake:  I would bet money he lifestyle is subsidized by his parents.  Or at least has been to the point that he doesn't have any debt from school.

Deepti: She's an information data analyst which I'd imagine is a decent profession.  She's probably saving a lot by living at home.

Nick: He has a great job so I'm not surprised he owns.  But I don't think working and living with roommates in an expensive city is a bad example.

Jarrette has a place but we don't know much about Iyanna's living situation other than she has dreams of going to grad school.

12 minutes ago, William2021 said:

Should the world force him to be with a type that he just doesn't find attractive?

No one's forcing him to.  He wants it to happen.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, William2021 said:

He has a type, what's wrong with that? Should the world force him to be with a type that he just doesn't find attractive?

Nobody's forcing him to do anything. But if he really only sees Deepti as a best friend/hype woman, as he's described her, but when it comes to sex he sees her and thinks "aunt," that's unfair to Deepti. She deserves to be desired

54 minutes ago, William2021 said:

With regards to Shane, Shake, Salvador, and the black dude, all these guys seem to be very established and successful with nice apartments whereas the girls still live in their parents house and dependant on their parents.

No they aren't. 

Deepti: She does live at home but I think it's a cultural thing in the Indian culture for women to live at home until they marry. I don't think Deepti is dependent on her parents. (I do wonder how that worked with her previous 6.5-year relationship. She said she never brought him home, so I guess they spent all their time at his place?)

Natalie: I don't think we saw Natalie's apartment but she told Shayne that she wants them to buy their first place because she's financially ready to do so, so she's not dependent on her parents either and she's in good financial shape. Of the two of them, Shayne is the one who said he didn't believe in saving for retirement (!) and as a real estate agent, his income is less stable than hers (although he may do fine, I have no idea). She's a consultant, which can be really lucrative (and very time-consuming, depending on the size of the organization she works for).

Danielle: lives with roommates in a rented apartment, which isn't uncommon for a 20something in an expensive city. She doesn't live with her parents - we saw her mother's house and her apartment. 

Mallory: said in the pods that she owns a two-flat, which I would guess means she has some rental income from renting out the other unit. I don't think we saw it either. And Sal is the one in that pair renting and living with a roommate, who we saw. (nothing wrong with renting.)

Iyanna: I think she lives with her family, although I'm not sure about that. She's the only one I can think of that has mentioned that she doesn't make much money (her job title is "project coordinator," I think, and "coordinator" usually denotes a junior-level role, which makes sense - she's only 27). 

2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

"I want to fuck you emotionally before I actually fuck you.  Before I find out if you are good in bed, I want to find out if you are good in the head."

That was the cringiest thing. You know he thought it sounded so suave, too - he probably rehearsed it in his head before he said it.

Ha - great minds, @Irlandesa.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Natalie works at Ernst and Young in the management level. She has a college degree and probably makes very good money. From their conversation she seems like a person who is a plans for the future type.  She was talking about the importance of their finances and settling money in a 401k.  Shayne strikes me as a live for today type.  As a single guy it probably was no thing for him to drop 2k a month of food (eating out a lot probably)

Iyanna works as a project manager at a surrogacy clinic.  She also has a college degree and the job she works in is probably why she wants to become a certified doula.

Deepti works in IT as an information analyst at Allstate. .

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I do not share your takeaways.

Shane:  He's a real estate agent but we don't anything about his living situation or how "established" he is. There are a lot of real estate agents in Chicago and we don't know if he's good at it. It was Natalie's apartment that we visited. She appears to live alone.

Salvador:  He lives with a roommate.  No shame in that but Mallory is by far the more "established" person in that relationship as she owns property and I believe rents out the other side.

Shake:  I would bet money he lifestyle is subsidized by his parents.  Or at least has been to the point that he doesn't have any debt from school.

Deepti: She's an information data analyst which I'd imagine is a decent profession.  She's probably saving a lot by living at home.

Nick: He has a great job so I'm not surprised he owns.  But I don't think working and living with roommates in an expensive city is a bad example.

Jarrette has a place but we don't know much about Iyanna's living situation other than she has dreams of going to grad school.

No one's forcing him to.  He wants it to happen.

Your comment already shows scrutinising the men who have something to show for, but then giving all the women the benefit of the doubt. From my personal experience I know that people living with parents just end up spending all the money for savings on takeaways/clothes/travel, perhaps while still racking up high credit card debt.

None of us really know anything about these couples, but what we know is the reaction the women give when seeing their guys apartments which is very telling. Just look at Natalies behaviour towards Shanes apartment introducing it as her place to her parents and her parents almost in disbelief. Same goes for Deepti.

Edited by William2021
Just now, DearEvette said:

Natalie works at Ernst and Young in the management level. She has a college degree and probably makes very good money

Oh, she makes bank. Low six figures, plus bonuses. Surprised she's been able to take time off to do the show, though.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, William2021 said:

Your comment already shows scrutinising the men who have something to show for, but then giving all the women the benefit of the doubt. From my personal experience I know that people living with parents just end up spending all the money for savings on takeaways/clothes/travel, perhaps while still racking up high credit card debt.

None of us really know anything about these couples, but what we know is the reaction the women give when seeing their guys apartments which is very telling. Just look at Natalies behaviour towards Shanes apartment introducing it as her place to her parents and her parents almost in disbelief.

Was that Shayne's place or the place the show rents for them? And regardless, if Natalie is a mid-to-senior level management consultant at Ernst and Young, she is doing very well. She expressly said she was financially ready to buy. Mallory expressly said she owned a two-flat.

3 minutes ago, William2021 said:

From my personal experience I know that people living with parents just end up spending all the money for savings on takeaways/clothes/travel, perhaps while still racking up high credit card debt.

We only know one person lives with her parents because she said so, and we have no idea what Deepti does with her money.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Oh, she makes bank. Low six figures, plus bonuses. Surprised she's been able to take time off to do the show, though.

2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Was that Shayne's place or the place the show rents for them? And regardless, if Natalie is a mid-to-senior level management consultant at Ernst and Young, she is doing very well. She expressly said she was financially ready to buy. Mallory expressly said she owned a two-flat.

We only know one person lives with her parents because she said so, and we have no idea what Deepti does with her money.

Look at your comments. Giving her the benefit of doubt while scrutinising the guy.

So far we have yet to see a single woman with a home suitable for herself and her partner.

OMG, Nick’s wedding sweat was out of control!  While I agree he was looking sick to his stomach about the wedding, I’ve gotta think the sweat was also from standing in the blazing sun in Chicago in summer.  The humidity is no joke.  And I could see a little bit of sweat in Danielle’s hairline, so it was probably really hot that day.

So the sweat was distracting, but I thought Danielle’s makeup was even more of a problem.  No one can help how much their head sweats, but her makeup was intentionally applied, and whoever did it clearly hates her.  It was like contouring on her cheeks, but it was too high?  And also the color of mud?  I’m still thinking about it days later.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm not giving the women the benefit of the doubt; I'm going based on what they have explicitly said, and what we have been shown on the show. I'm not scrutinizing the guys either; I'm going by what they have said and what we have seen. Shayne said out of his own mouth, on television, that he didn't believe in saving for retirement and that he spent two grand a month on food.

You seem pretty bent on making all the women out to be worse off financially than the men, despite televised evidence to the contrary, so ... keep on keeping on, I guess, but that'll do it for me.

You are giving them the benefit of doubt by saying that even though they live with parents, say a bunch of aspirations, plan for the future blah blah  they somehow are financially just as better off.

What "televised evidence"? I guess in todays world saying you have evidence is as good as actually having evidence.

I think the problem is the standard for the women is not a good example for the younger audiences.

Edited by William2021
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, Norby said:

OMG, Nick’s wedding sweat was out of control!  While I agree he was looking sick to his stomach about the wedding, I’ve gotta think the sweat was also from standing in the blazing sun in Chicago in summer.  The humidity is no joke.  And I could see a little bit of sweat in Danielle’s hairline, so it was probably really hot that day.

So the sweat was distracting, but I thought Danielle’s makeup was even more of a problem.  No one can help how much their head sweats, but her makeup was intentionally applied, and whoever did it clearly hates her.  It was like contouring on her cheeks, but it was too high?  And also the color of mud?  I’m still thinking about it days later.

Danielle's blush always is high on her cheeks and a gray-purplish color. I actually didn't notice it at the wedding, but have noticed it every other time I've seen her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Norby said:

Yeah, if I were to get married in summer I would have to do it inside in air conditioning. I hate hot weather, and I tend toward the sweatier side myself. Danielle's dress had sleeves, right? Sheer sleeves with embellishments? She was probably hot as hell. (My parents got married in August, in a church without air conditioning, and my mother's gown had long sleeves. I was like "Mom, what?" and she said "It was the style!" Which, fair, but I know she was hot.)

Does Danielle dye her hair darker? I've thought I've noticed some lighter roots growing in throughout the show.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Norby said:

Me, too. Who did that to her? It looked like dirt mixed with a really shimmery highlighter. Plus the foundation was an awful orange-brown shade that was far too dark for her complexion. I really liked their mix of blue flowers though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Natalie: I don't think we saw Natalie's apartment but she told Shayne that she wants them to buy their first place because she's financially ready to do so, so she's not dependent on her parents either and she's in good financial shape. Of the two of them, Shayne is the one who said he didn't believe in saving for retirement (!) and as a real estate agent, his income is less stable than hers (although he may do fine, I have no idea). She's a consultant, which can be really lucrative (and very time-consuming, depending on the size of the organization she works for).

We did see Natalie’s apartment. It was definitely an expensive place in a high rise in Chicago. It was also perfectly furnished and pristine. I’d say she has plenty of money.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 2/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Now I'm starting to wonder if Shaina said yes to poor Kyle just so she could stay on the show longer. If she turned him down immediately that would have been the end of her time on camera. Was it so she could have another shot at Shayne later?

IMO she went in with the best of intentions, ended up with a dude she doesn't like, and now has to do damage control to exit as the show is so public.

What would you do in her situation while not ruining your character in real life?

For all the ladies out there, Shaina is the smoke show of the series. On my netflix she's the blonde in the preview that keeps us guys tuning in, but as I understand it everyone has a curated version on the platform.

I think Kyle would have been more compatible with Shaina. She would be the type to encourage all of his current aspirations and behavior.

Edited by William2021
18 minutes ago, William2021 said:

IMO she went in with the best of intentions, ended up with a dude she doesn't like, and now has to do damage control to exit as the show is so public.

She didn't have to crash the party and put the moves on Shayne after she left the show, though. NOT A GOOD LOOK.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 12

Shayne and Natalie seem so cute and in such a good place these past two episodes that I'm concerned the editing is throwing us for a curveball. Both of them were showing saying they were "100% yes," but usually editors will manufacture uncertainty at all costs. The editors even manufactured uncertainty with Lauren and Cameron last season (although I don't think anyone fell for it). It's making me really scared that something goes wrong.

I like several of the other couples, but I don't like them as couples. Sal/Mallory could be fine, but I feel like they both faded once the love triangle with Jarrett ceased to be a storyline (although unlike others, I think Sal's serenading is cute and Mallory seems to genuinely love it). I don't have a good sense of their personalities outside of the cutesy romantic dates. 

So I really want the joy of Shane and Natalie. I pretty much only want Sal/Mallory and Shayne/Natalie to go through with the weddings. No one else seems ready as a couple, although I think Iyanna/Jarrett and Danielle/Nick both have potential. (Shake likes what he likes, and what he likes doesn't seem to be Deepti. Sometimes attraction can't be forced and it just is what it is. I don't think it's necessarily internalized racism. Deepti's pretty, but no one is sexy to everyone.)

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

We did see Natalie’s apartment. It was definitely an expensive place in a high rise in Chicago. It was also perfectly furnished and pristine. I’d say she has plenty of money.

Yeah.  It was almost hard to tell apart because it looked pretty similar to the production supplied apartments that the couples are living in during this period before the weddings. That production apartment is where Natalie's parents came to meet Shayne.  His living quarters haven't been shown as of Ep. 9. 

29 minutes ago, William2021 said:

There are indications out there that she actually (Spoiler for internet rumors)

Spoiler

a boyfriend the whole time so no, I don't think she did this to get married.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

editors will manufacture uncertainty at all costs. The editors even manufactured uncertainty with Lauren and Cameron last season (although I don't think anyone fell for it).

This is the problem with all "reality" shows, you don't know what's real even though it's presented otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah.  It was almost hard to tell apart because it looked pretty similar to the production supplied apartments that the couples are living in during this period before the weddings. That production apartment is where Natalie's parents came to meet Shayne.  His living quarters haven't been shown as of Ep. 9. 

There are indications out there that she actually had

Reveal spoiler

a boyfriend the whole time so no, I don't think she did this to get married.

I don't believe that rumour, it's not like there is a million dollar prize at the end. There is no benefit for her to fake it, her instagram isn't even the type that would sucker in followers and she has no sponsors. Her intensions were to have fun and hopefully find a soulmate.

Shaina in her real life is probably too used to guys expressing their feelings to her that she can keep her's to herself, and in this case it cost her the ideal match (Shane) as perhaps he really didn't know that she was head over heals into him. IMO she's the only attractive woman on the show, and ironically is the one that ended up without a proper match.

Shake should hit her up.

Edited by William2021
1 hour ago, William2021 said:

This is the problem with all "reality" shows, you don't know what's real even though it's presented otherwise.

I don't believe that rumour, it's not like there is a million dollar prize at the end. There is no benefit for her to fake it, her instagram isn't even the type that would sucker in followers and she has no sponsors. Her intensions were to have fun and hopefully find a soulmate.

Shaina in her real life is probably too used to guys expressing their feelings to her that she can keep her's to herself, and in this case it cost her the ideal match (Shane) as perhaps he really didn't know that she was head over heals into him. IMO she's the only attractive woman on the show, and ironically is the one that ended up without a proper match.

Shake should hit her up.

Agree to disagree on Shaina’s beauty. I thought she was too overdone to be pretty for my tastes. I prefer Mallory even. Or there was a larger lady in the first episode (Shake was doing his “do you work out” spiel to) that was also more attractive to me. 

And I don’t think Shake would work out with Shaina - he is most likely Hindi or Buddhist or other non Christian faith. And her type is pretty much dude bro (Shayne or maybe Damien from season 1 type). Obviously just speculations/my impressions on all of this. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Cramps said:

I suspect in Shake’s mind he has long desexualized Indian women. Perhaps it’s sort of similar to a Madonna/whore complex. There’s his mom and aunties and then there are the “other” women, whom for years have been his vision of what constitutes “hot.” 

And now he’s torn because he knows she’s perfect for him. PERFECT. And Although I think Shayne is bad news as a fiancé, in this case he’s right. They need to start being sexual. Because either he’ll get over his issues, or he won’t. 

I don't know if I agree with this .  I know that's what Shake is telling the screen over and over and over again, but I think Shake just goes for fun party women and has never gone for women who are actually intelligent like Deepti and also Deepti just seems calm and devoted to him.  Women like that exist but Shake has never met a woman like that before.  He goes for the party girls and he's absolutely in awe that Deepti is nice because he doesn't know women like that.  This is my impression of what's going on.

Shake going on and on about how nice and great and perfect Deepti is is just him being nice to the camera so she's not so hurt later on when he dumps her.  He has to say something nice or he will look like an ass.

This is all my guess.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Danielle's blush always is high on her cheeks and a gray-purplish color. I actually didn't notice it at the wedding, but have noticed it every other time I've seen her. 

Okay, I legitimately thought she had a permanent blue-ish birthmark on one of her cheeks this entire time.  I always notice it on one cheek only so I thought it was permanent?

Now I'm not so sure!

• Love 2

but I think Shake just goes for fun party women and has never gone for women who are actually intelligent like Deepti and also Deepti just seems calm and devoted to him.

Someone posted an Instagram of him with an ex. She's an OB/gyn (or possibly studying to be one, can't remember the full details). So I Shake has had relationships with intelligent women before.

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, Norby said:

I know someone who was at the wedding and she said it was so very hot that day and he was standing there for a long time while they were getting things "ready". Standing in the sun. She isn't allowed to say anything about anything but she did say there was a lot of "hurry up and wait" that happens at the weddings. And it was hot. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

I know someone who was at the wedding and she said it was so very hot that day and he was standing there for a long time while they were getting things "ready". Standing in the sun. She isn't allowed to say anything about anything but she did say there was a lot of "hurry up and wait" that happens at the weddings. And it was hot. 

That's the thing with sensationalist thinking. A guy can just be sweating from a hot day, no big deal, but viewers can fantasise it for anything. Is he sweating because he's hiding a secret, is he sweating because he's having doubts, is he sweating because she might say no, blah blah?

Edited by William2021
12 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Someone posted an Instagram of him with an ex. She's an OB/gyn (or possibly studying to be one, can't remember the full details). So I Shake has had relationships with intelligent women before.

Exactly. A person can be party-girl fun and interesting, while being intelligent. They aren't mutually exclusive and it's not fair to think of Shake as a guy that only goes for bimbos. 

I feel bad for Shake, it's like he's being forced to settle down with the type of girl he tried to avoid his whole life.

Edited by William2021
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

I feel like I remember hearing that Barnett and Amber kept people waiting for an hour and a half. I guess the TV production side of things drags this out.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, William2021 said:

Exactly. A person can be party-girl fun and interesting, while being intelligent. They aren't mutually exclusive and it's not fair to think of Shake as a guy that only goes for bimbos. 

I feel bad for Shake, it's like he's being forced to settle down with the type of girl he tried to avoid his whole life.

Shake is the one who made it clear that the features that caused him to date women were 1) white, 2) blonde, and 3) animalistic attraction.  If anyone was intelligent he's never said that was a requirement before.  Sounds like just a bonus to me.  

Who is forcing Shake to do anything?

• Love 13

Absolutely loved the bachelor and b'ette party events...so much better than the very lame get-togethers on Married at First Sight!

On 2/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, Whimsy said:

Is Shake saying she reminds him of his biologically related aunt, or an “auntie”? As I understand it, in the Indian culture, older women are called “auntie” out of respect. Not that it makes it much better, but I never took it as he was talking about his mother or father’s sister.  

He has actually said both.  The first time we heard it was several episodes ago and he said "aunties", which was generic.  Then just recently he said "my aunt", which was specific.  

On 2/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Cramps said:

I suspect in Shake’s mind he has long desexualized Indian women. Perhaps it’s sort of similar to a Madonna/whore complex. There’s his mom and aunties and then there are the “other” women, whom for years have been his vision of what constitutes “hot.” 
And now he’s torn because he knows she’s perfect for him. PERFECT. And Although I think Shayne is bad news as a fiancé, in this case he’s right. They need to start being sexual. Because either he’ll get over his issues, or he won’t. 

Bingo.

23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Nobody's forcing him to do anything. But if he really only sees Deepti as a best friend/hype woman, as he's described her, but when it comes to sex he sees her and thinks "aunt," that's unfair to Deepti. She deserves to be desired

I feel so bad for her.  On the one hand, she has this guy who seems to adore her and genuinely appreciate her for who she is.  But on the other hand is the lac of desire.  It's hard to tell if she is hoping that his desire will change, or talking herself (and him) into it not being so bad if it doesn't.

19 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Agree to disagree on Shaina’s beauty. I thought she was too overdone to be pretty for my tastes.

Her lip implants are just too much, especially at some angles from the side.

22 hours ago, William2021 said:

None of us really know anything about these couples, but what we know is the reaction the women give when seeing their guys apartments which is very telling. Just look at Natalies behaviour towards Shanes apartment introducing it as her place to her parents and her parents almost in disbelief. Same goes for Deepti.

Uh, it wasn't Shayne's apartment, it was the one they were given to use by the show.

And not sure what you 'know' about people living with parents, but the crazy-spend-and-not-save is not at all what I have experienced.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:39 AM, Hpmec said:

He had no noticable reaction to Danielle being all dolled up for the big event. Usually the groom manages a grin, if not a big smile seeing his bride as she comes down the aisle. Nick looked like he was going to puke. 

Maybe it was because her dress was so awful.  All the other girls chose dresses that were very flattering on them and looked nice.  Danielle has worked hard to lose all that weight, but this dress just amplified all the areas where there is anything leftover.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

All the other girls chose dresses that were very flattering on them and looked nice.  Danielle has worked hard to lose all that weight, but this dress just amplified all the areas where there is anything leftover.

Danielle's dress is definitely the one I liked least. Not my style.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Maybe it was because her dress was so awful.  All the other girls chose dresses that were very flattering on them and looked nice.  Danielle has worked hard to lose all that weight, but this dress just amplified all the areas where there is anything leftover.

27 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Danielle's dress is definitely the one I liked least. Not my style.

I gathered that it was the dress her mother picked. Danielle and her sister really liked another one and Mom kept harping on Danielle that she would look better in the one she chose. I think Danielle caved, and it really wasn't a good look on her. I suspect Danielle's mother has placed a good deal of influence (and insecurity) in Danielle's life.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Shake is the one who made it clear that the features that caused him to date women were 1) white, 2) blonde, and 3) animalistic attraction.  If anyone was intelligent he's never said that was a requirement before.  Sounds like just a bonus to me.  

Who is forcing Shake to do anything?

Let's pretend Shake is a woman. She is on a netflix show to find a husband after being unsuccessful in conventional ways. She prefers a guy that is handsome, successful, well dressed, drives a porsche and is funny. Leaving the pod she ends up with a broke, boring, scruffy guy without a driving licence and the personality of a donkey, but hey at least he's devoted and everyone tells her he is perfect? 

Sorry but Shake has dug himself into a whole with a woman he himself has said is the type he always tried to avoid. There is nothing worse than being partnered for life with a woman you don't like. I know that for modern Indian men/women this is the primary fear when it comes arranged marriages and now he's essentially put himself into one.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Her lip implants are just too much, especially at some angles from the side.

Uh, it wasn't Shayne's apartment, it was the one they were given to use by the show.

And not sure what you 'know' about people living with parents, but the crazy-spend-and-not-save is not at all what I have experienced.

Shaina is stunning. She looks very attractive from every angle even though yes, it's obvious she's had some fillers.

Unfortunately for Danielle, all her friends (and even her mom) seem to be naturally more attractive than her and no dress could hide that. Congrats on her weight loss but she does still look like she's a few burgers away from falling off the wagon.

Edited by William2021
30 minutes ago, William2021 said:

Let's pretend Shake is a woman. She is on a netflix show to find a husband after being unsuccessful in conventional ways. She prefers a guy that is handsome, successful, well dressed, drives a porsche and is funny. Leaving the pod she ends up with a broke, boring, scruffy guy without a driving licence and the personality of a donkey, but hey at least he's devoted and everyone tells her he is perfect? 

Your analogy doesn't work as I 100% do not agree with comparing a scruffy guy with the personality of a donkey to an Indian woman.  The analogy doesn't fit as Shake has never advertised what personality traits he was attracted to in the past.  Only:  Blonde, white, animal attraction, that's it.

The wedding is arranged, but the marriage is not.  They can all bail and I'm sure they've all signed the same contract stating that they must go through with starting the wedding, but the marriage is up to them.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
On 2/19/2022 at 10:10 AM, Racj82 said:

I never want to hear Sal sing ever again. I'm dead serious.

Hahaha same ! I feel like I’m supposed to say awwww when I hear him sing but omg it is such a turn off . I think he’s cute and I love his personality but please stop singing 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, dingochick said:

Shaina, a smoke show?? ROTFLMAO. But I guess different strokes for different folks. I don’t think she’s going to age well, already looks like a lotta sun damage there. 

On the curated netflix thumbnails and ads for us guys she's the one that comes up the most this season. If any other girl (excluding the attractive women that didn't get past the first 1-2 episodes) showed up on our netflix I think the show would have female viewers only. The fact that she gets the most hate from women (especially on her appearance) already shows she must be the most attractive.

Has anyone seen those articles on the couples that didn't make it further on the show, including the silver haired guy? Apparently so many of them have ended up happily ever after. I guess they are too drama-free for reality shows.

Edited by William2021
  • LOL 1

I love how supportive Deepti and Iyana are of each other. You can tell they have a genuine friendship. 

Even if her instincts tell her to run, Iyana may still go through with the wedding because she may not want to disappoint Jarette's father.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 4

A quick reminder about Primetimer's Golden Rule: Be Civil

We're not interested in babysitting those who can't have a discussion without starting a fight with other users, calling them names, or making it personal with them

The Primetimer Golden Rule applies to your fellow members; it does not apply to those on TV. Folks here are free to say whatever they like -- and however they'd like to say it -- about anybody on TV, providing it does not violate site rules, i.e., is not racist or homophobic, etc. This means that you should treat other posters with the same respect that you expect yourself. Please remember:

Think twice, post once. If you're unsure whether what you're saying is a violation, don't say it. This includes passive-aggressive jabs or mocking the opinions of others in any form: in writing, by using visual (gifs/pics), and/or by ganging up to shout down others.

Use the report button appropriately. If you see a post that you believe violates any forum guidelines, do not respond -- use the report button (flag icon). This brings those posts to the attention of the entire mod team. 

Do not attempt to 'backseat mod.'  Don't tell other posters what they can/can't post, where they can/can't post, or mention mod actions, etc. Instead, use the report button or PM the mods.

Handle disagreement with civility. Opposing views aren't personal attacks. Stating your own opinion is fine; trying to forcibly change/belittle/mock the opinions of, or otherwise harass, others who disagree is not and breaches our golden rule.

There has been way too much of all of this in this topic, and further moderator actions will result if it continues. I would also like to remind everybody of the ignore user feature available when you hover over a user's name.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, Cramps said:

Great point about Shake desexualizing Indian women. And everyone is entitled to their preferences. But mainstream media has certainly played a role in telling the world what’s beautiful (mostly white women) and what’s not (mostly women of color). 

And you can’t force yourself to be attracted to someone. If he doesn’t feel sexual feelings for Deepti, how would he even be able to get it up in order to have sex with her every day, as Shayne suggested?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, topanga said:

Great point about Shake desexualizing Indian women. And everyone is entitled to their preferences. But mainstream media has certainly played a role in telling the world what’s beautiful (mostly white women) and what’s not (mostly women of color). 

And you can’t force yourself to be attracted to someone. If he doesn’t feel sexual feelings for Deepti, how would he even be able to get it up in order to have sex with her every day, as Shayne suggested?

But the part that is so confusing/frustrating, is that he clearly looked very attracted to her at the reveal and grabbed her ass in a very 'animalistic' way (to use Shake's wording), and she responded enthusiastically.  So what happened?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

But the part that is so confusing/frustrating, is that he clearly looked very attracted to her at the reveal and grabbed her ass in a very 'animalistic' way (to use Shake's wording), and she responded enthusiastically.  So what happened?

I wonder if that was the excitement of the moment. Like, they’d been talking, there was all this buildup, and he got caught up in the reveal, and then once things settled down he was like “wait …” Because I think the not-attracted switch flipped pretty fast after that - wasn’t it Mexico where he started telling people he wasn’t attracted to her?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, topanga said:

Mainstream media may have a role in sculpting what is attractive, but also reflects societies preferences. Up until around 15 years ago a guy like Shake (because of his origin while being not obscenely wealthy) wouldn't have had a chance at the hot skinny young blonde type. But now times are different and he has the option to consider women outside of his race. If anything, Indian women to him reminds him of the type that he was forced to partner up with because of the lack of options.

Is desexualizing Indian women a bad thing, or is sexualizing indian woman also bad? I guess for some, the guy is always wrong no matter what.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Maybe she was more attractive than what he was imagining in the pod and he got caught up in the moment upon seeing her in that fantastic outfit. Now what the drunk googles have wore off, reality is kicking in. She's just not his type. In a way he's in a similar situation as Shaina with just not being attracted to their match outside the pod and viewers giving a hard time. 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I wonder if that was the excitement of the moment. Like, they’d been talking, there was all this buildup, and he got caught up in the reveal, and then once things settled down he was like “wait …” Because I think the not-attracted switch flipped pretty fast after that - wasn’t it Mexico where he started telling people he wasn’t attracted to her?

Yeah, what you have said is what seems to have happened.

Edited by William2021
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, topanga said:

But mainstream media has certainly played a role in telling the world what’s beautiful (mostly white women) and what’s not (mostly women of color). 

I would be very surprised if Shake's family didn't also watch a lot of Bollywood films. 

• Love 2

I'm just throwing stuff to the wall here and seeing what sticks with my predictions, if none of these end up coming true I will not be surprised, these predictions are 100% for fun-

-Danielle/Nick:  WILL get married, I think that is the editing throwing us off with his sweating like he is in a sauna....I mean, trust me I think it is a mistake, but I have a theory with this show that the first couple to get engaged in the pods is the most likely to get married, we had it with the one and only normal couple last season, but unfortunately Danielle is abnormal and not in a good way.  I think Nick will go through with it, because he "believes" in them, but if they get married I don't think it will last long (unlike Amber/Barnett who surprised me).

-Deepti/Shake:  will NOT get married, I think most of us see where this is headed, he will "confess" what he has told everyone but her on the altar

-Lyanna/Jarrett:  will NOT get married, I think Jarrett will back out, or maybe her-

-Mallory/Sal: will NOT get married, I think Mallory will decline, I think the fact her family is not supportive is a done deal

-Shayne/Natalie:  WILL get married, Shayne is so insecure, but Natalie is good at feeding into his ego, and the parents meeting each other went well so I think this could end up being a relationship that might surprise people like Amber/Barnett

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dingochick said:

What months were the weddings filmed, does anyone know? 

I don't remember the exact date but Jarrette told his parents that the wedding was going to take place in early June.  Maybe the 7th?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, snickers said:

-Deepti/Shake:  will NOT get married, I think most of us see where this is headed, he will "confess" what he has told everyone but her on the altar

Snickers, I agree with you but I'm HOPING they do get married and when they have the reunion special, they're deliriously in love and Shake says something to the effect of "Why was I so worried?"

(I can dream, can't I?👍)

• Love 5