Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Snickers, I agree with you but I'm HOPING they do get married and when they have the reunion special, they're deliriously in love and Shake says something to the effect of "Why was I so worried?"

For what it's worth, my former cube mate (Pre-COVID) is in an arranged marriage. I think she said her parents just sort of dropped the news on her one day that she was getting married, and she only met her husband a few times before the  wedding. It seemed to be all about matching up socio-economic status and family reputation between the couples.

I still think Shake will go through with it. He's had years to find a hot blonde (male or female) and settle down but he's still single. His parents have probably been nagging him for awhile to settle down with a nice Indian girl and have probably suggested hiring a matchmaker at least once. He chose this process and this woman. If he doesn't go through with it, the next time could be a matchmaker and a woman he doesn't like as well as Deepti, as well as not being attracted to her. 

ETA: we'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Snickers, I agree with you but I'm HOPING they do get married and when they have the reunion special, they're deliriously in love and Shake says something to the effect of "Why was I so worried?"

For a long time I've been leaning towards they get married but now I'm waffling.  I've seen a lot of predictions where they think Shake says "no" and Deepti says yes but I do not think that will happen.  I think whatever happens between them, it'll be something they're going to agree to do together. Either Deepti says no, both say yes or both say no. As off putting as Shake can be. I just can't wrap my head around him doing that in front of all their families. I love a boisterous Indian wedding, though, so part of me wants them to go through with it even though I have deep reservations about Shake.

I do think Shayne and Natalie get married or at least are still dating.  But I think this show has pegged them as the Lauren and Cameron of this season as the one almost "sure fire" marriage. 

I think Sal & Mallory both say "no."  I think Iyanna says "no" but they might keep dating.  I think Nick says no and they decide to keep dating but don't last.

So far in Love Is Blind US and Brazil, there has been one "yes" that has shocked me. Japan-not so much.  I wonder which will be the surprising "yes."

22 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I still think Shake will go through with it. He's had years to find a hot blonde (male or female) and settle down but he's still single.

I think Shake will say yes too.  As you said, he had years to find a blond wife.  But he asked Deepti.  And make no mistake he knew she was Indian.  He could have backed down in the pods if that was completely off the table.  On some level, imo, he knows even with his attraction to white blonde women he would marry a brown woman. 

That said, just as his mother said, Deepti doesn't deserve anything less than 100% from him.  So I won't be disappointed if they don't get married.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

(I can dream, can't I?👍)

Haha-like i said, if they did get married i won't be surprised---he just seemed to be too vocal about the things that bothered him about her, but maybe that's how he is...Shayne for all his faults, does NOT do this, which is why I think he WILL marry

I think the reason he will say no is because he doesn't want to disappoint his family and end up in divorce

Edited by snickers
  • Love 2

I'm sick and my internal clock is all screwed up, so I'm awake waiting for the finale to drop. Might as well kill time with some predictions...

Natalie and Shayne - will get married. I can't imagine that Natalie would have invited his mom to the dress shop if she planned to say no. And I can't imagine he wouldn't have told his mom to decline if he planned to say no. I actually really like them as a couple. They had some spats, but on rewatch they clicked for me ask the way back in episode 1(?) when Natalie was downplaying her career success and Shayne told her to stop with that, that she should be proud. And I loved how they were with each other's parents. So easy and respectful.

Danielle and Nick - will get married. I'm basing this solely on the fact that production is trying so hard to make it look like they don't. AS SHOWN, I don't think that they should. I think Danielle should run far away - from Nick AND her mother - but I don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong about him and they're happy and stable. (Side note - I think Danielle is absolutely gorgeous, and it breaks my heart that her mother has convinced her that she's some ogre. What a bitch.)

Mallory and Salvador - won't get married. I think Mallory has a history as a bad picker of men, and she's trying to go against "type" and force things with Sal, because he's the opposite of her usual guy. But at the end of the day, I don't think they have any chemistry, and Mallory (or both of them) will acknowledge they make better friends. 

Iyonna and Jearette - won't get married. Jearette wants to get married, but I don't believe he wants to marry HER, specifically, at all. Iyonna loves the idea of being in love, but she knows she was his second choice, and I don't see her getting over that. I think he says yes, and she says no. (Also, I think it's striking how much more mature and likeable Iyonna was when speaking to Deeps. Whenever she's with Jearette, she starts in with the giggling, shrieking, baby talk that I can't abide.)

Deeps and Shake - will get married. I'm running out of time here, but it boils down to culture. In the end, I think they'll take the leap and hope for the best like in the arranged marriages they're familiar with. And I think that's cool, as long as they both go in with eyes open. For Deeps, if they do, I hope the sex is amazing. Otherwise, it's going to be rough to hear all the "auntie" comments.

T minus one minute... off to watch! 

On 2/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, William2021 said:

Is desexualizing Indian women a bad thing, or is sexualizing indian woman also bad?

For me, these are both extremes and the goal is to find a balance. You can find a woman attractive or sexually appealing without reducing her to her sexuality. Likewise, it's fine for someone to not be attracted to a woman without acting like she's totally sexless or undesirable.

Shake didn't make the best first impression on Deepti in the pods, but she continued to get to know him and they connected on all the things they had in common, including a dating history that was mostly or exclusively White people. I think Shake should communicate a willingness to at least try. He and Deepti talk about everything, it seems. Why not talk about likes/dislikes in bed and give it a shot since it's so important? Speaking of poor first impressions, I never thought I'd be saying that Shayne gave good advice, but here we are.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 5
On 2/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, LuvMyShows said:

But the part that is so confusing/frustrating, is that he clearly looked very attracted to her at the reveal and grabbed her ass in a very 'animalistic' way (to use Shake's wording), and she responded enthusiastically.  So what happened?

Shake told Deepti in the pods that he was going to grab her butt as soon as he saw her. So I don't think he did that because of instant lust. I think he knew it would be awkward if he didn't.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, William2021 said:

On the curated netflix thumbnails and ads for us guys she's the one that comes up the most this season. If any other girl (excluding the attractive women that didn't get past the first 1-2 episodes) showed up on our netflix I think the show would have female viewers only. The fact that she gets the most hate from women (especially on her appearance) already shows she must be the most attractive.

Netflix's thumbnails are curated based on an individual's viewing history. If your thumbnails show Shaina, that's because you've shown a preference for women who look like her - not because all men have that preference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/20/2022 at 6:52 PM, Zuleikha said:

(Shake likes what he likes, and what he likes doesn't seem to be Deepti. Sometimes attraction can't be forced and it just is what it is. I don't think it's necessarily internalized racism. Deepti's pretty, but no one is sexy to everyone.)

I feel like the only ahole in the whole thread, and I'm late anyway, but Deepti has a very weird nose.  None of it goes together.  Like from the front, it's not pretty but you imagine what it would look like in profile, and then it's worse there too.  I don't know how to describe it except it's literally too round and circular.  The bridge is too thin to go with the bottom, but that might work, except there's no flare to her nostrils to make it more distinct.  It's too big to be snub, but not curved enough to be ski slope.  It's broad, but again, not flared or interesting.  It almost looks like she constantly just got hit in the nose and the swelling is still ongoing.  

I don't know ... it's distracting.  I look at her in some of these episodes and it's almost the only thing I can focus on, how really ugly I think it is.  And she is a great person!  Smart, funny, cool.  But this makes me sympathetic to Shake, even if this is not his particular issue with her appearance.  

She has a beautiful smile though, and while her eyes are pretty small, they have a sort of charm to them because they're very round and I don't almost anime-ish.  Since I am not an anime devotee (read dork lol) my reference here is like Speed Racer or Trixie for her eyes.  

None of her sisters seemed to have this sort of odd nose shape, though I admit, I was just watching for content and didn't try to do a close review or anything.  

TBH, and I don't say this lightly, but if it were my face, I might think of plastic surgery for it.  Nonethless, I wish her the utter best, she's a great person.  But even though I wish I didn't, I sympathize with Shake on this.  I'm a straight woman, and it's hard for me to look at her without thinking this.  I can't imagine needing to be turned on by her.  

Edited by TarotQueen