Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Power of Veto #2; Live Eviction #2

• Start Topic

Bye bye bye Mirai!

Wow!  Chris may be the first player to beg to be evicted, and then not get a single vote.

I guess Miesha knew she didn't have the votes so just went along?  She's playing too hard and  doesn't know when to back off.

Sad about Lamar's son.  Opening up with stuff like that really ups his social game.  He's not on anybody's radar.

eta: I don't think he's using it as a strategy, it just comes out.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 6

I kind of love Todd Bridges.  There was no "I sadly vote...", no shoutouts, just "Evict Mirai" and bye.

Something must have gone down to create the unanimous vote.  I thought it was actually kind of up in the air/exciting during the veto when it looked like Todrick might win because I thought for sure he'd take Mirai down so that he and Miesha could "suggest" putting up Carson some more again.  For everyone to vote Mirai when Kattan asked to be sent home, there was something else in play.

• Love 6

Watching Shanna in the Veto comp I suddenly realized with a shock that before the show, whenever I heard Shanna's name I thought of a trainwreck/nutcase, just based on gossip. But during the show she's been lovely, friendly and nice. It reminds me of when Tom Greene was on CBB, and was calm and reasonable. It hurt my brain. 

I cracked up when Mirai said, "It's been hard for me in here because you're all so old." (And non-Asian). No wonder they voted her out. 😁

One big plus about celebrities who barely know how the game works, is that they do and say totally unexpected things. Like Chris Kattan, who wasn't aware that you weren't supposed to use your speech to say, "So long. I'm out of here." Or the rest of them, who didn't appear to realize Marai could hear everything they were saying after she sat down with Julie. So awkward. I love it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Yeah, I was in no way expecting an unanimous vote. That kinda threw me.

I'm assuming Kattan doesn't want to take the supposed financial hit by just walking out. But then again maybe he has no idea that could be an option?  It's hard to really know with him.

I was happy to see Shauna isn't nearly as tied to Miesha as I thought. Kirkpatrick too, to be honest. I expect that Kirkpatrick is making himself into another Miesha target alongside Carson, though. 

So did Kirkpatrick really suck that bad in the veto competition or was he tanking it on purpose? I hope it's the latter because OOF if he was that bad. I thought he wanted to win it.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, vb68 said:

So did Kirkpatrick really suck that bad in the veto competition or was he tanking it on purpose? I hope it's the latter because OOF if he was that bad. I thought he wanted to win it.  

I think he really was that bad, judging by his body language, and how competitive he is. It struck me that being able to spot one specific sign is a talent you either have or you don't, like having good taste in clothes. Melissa on RHAP (she's a lawyer, so not dumb) said she didn't see the sign even once. I'm guessing this was Chris's experience. 

• Useful 2

Didn't that happen on Survivor several seasons ago?  Someone begged to be voted out, but someone else was voted out instead?  I mean, it made some sense at the time.  I seem to remember the person actually voted out was either so egregiously annoying they all wanted them gone, or the person was a threat and exposed without immunity so everyone else took advantage of the opportunity.  

In Survivor, getting rid of a threat when you can is a standard practice.  Or it used to be.  In BB?  Kind of unusual.  Those on the block are usually "safe" choices by the HOH so as to not get blood on their hands or rock the boat.  They're always outsiders or floaters, or lower echelon members of an opposing alliance.  Rarely do HOHs actually make big moves.  They talk about it, and wring hands about backdoors and spoiled plans with Veto comps going the wrong way.  Then the house votes together and some hapless hamster is sent on their way.  Until it gets towards the end.

CBB tends to be a bit different, so I can only assume Marai must have been truly annoying.

I am desperate, however, for that pecking order exposing pass the hat/bag bit of business make it into the regular BB game.  OMG, could you imagine the upheaval as internal alliance hierarchies are exposed?  THAT could actually shake up the game, as we've been hoping for!  

Imagine how that might have worked out in Paul's second season.  The "Friendship" might have shown some schisms earlier on, and it might have been a very different game.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Kattan: “I’m miserable. Shoot me now.”

Mirai: “Voting for me would be low key racist. Also, you’re all old.”

Interesting choice. I’m glad they kept Kattan, because the awkward little weirdo is starting to grow on me. And I’m sure he has more cake to eat.

Marai’s farewell was as impassive and robotic as I expected it to be. “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” If not for the censors, I think she would have chosen a different first word, but the flat tone got her meaning across, nevertheless. I would have loved it if she’d thrown a couple of nonsensical “L.O.L”s in there, though.

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

I kind of love Todd Bridges.  There was no "I sadly vote...", no shoutouts, just "Evict Mirai" and bye.

Bridges for the win.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

A few personal impressions from tonight’s episode:

1. I think CKirk was the happiest person in the House - hell, the world - tonight when he finally got at least ONE point in the PoV comp.
  2. After their neverending choruses of “put Carson OTB” proved futile I think Miesha and Todrick (a) realized beating CKirk over the head incessantly with their dead horse of an agenda might’ve been overplaying their hands just a wee bit, and (b) thought flipping their votes would repair all the damage they inflicted upon their games - but I also think that ship had already sailed.
  3. Y’all realize, don’t you, that CKat basically avoided eviction by (a) keeping his ass in bed, (b) keeping personal interactions to a minimum, then (c) begging to be evicted?  Personally, I'm wondering if Dan Gheesling is taking notes.  In terms of playing the game by not playing the game, CKat is definitely winning - but Lamar isn't too far behind.

And finally, why the vote to evict Marai was unanimous:

• CKat’s pre-vote speech: "So long, and thanks for all the cake."
  • Marai's speech: "Um, Olympics emotional wanna stay you old eggplant emojis Cookout LOLOLOLOL."
  • Everybody else in the House: "WTF did she just say???"
Edited by Nashville
Introducing CKat & CKirk
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

I'm among those thinking something turned that vote unanimous, I wonder if maybe we'll get a rewind next episode to show something shifting.

Those were certainly two of the more unique speeches ever.

Also, side thought, did they make the 'table' in the room into the fake log fire so nobody could exit via the table this year?

This is starting to look like a fight of the duos instead of the big alliances. Still I think that Krisync didn't realize quite how being in an alliance works. Granted he was being bludgeoned about putting up Carson. Also Meischa should have told him how she worked to save her and that she was a vote for them, but he didn't seem to to give a damn about 'them' and did what he wanted.  Why say you are in an alliance if you're going to just lone wolf it when you get power? It's your team man... just odd.

Can we get a fashion penalty nom for Todderick if he continues to wear that shirt with no back to it?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Can we get a fashion penalty nom for Todderick if he continues to wear that shirt with no back to it?

It would have been nice of the producers to replace Todrick’s luggage when they found out it had been mauled by badgers.

I wonder if ChrisNSync wears glasses and couldn’t see the screen all that well during the veto.  I was watching with a cat on my chest and couldn’t get to my glasses, and I think I saw one Marry Me sign.

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I am desperate, however, for that pecking order exposing pass the hat/bag bit of business make it into the regular BB game.  OMG, could you imagine the upheaval as internal alliance hierarchies are exposed?  THAT could actually shake up the game, as we've been hoping for!  

Imagine how that might have worked out in Paul's second season.  The "Friendship" might have shown some schisms earlier on, and it might have been a very different game.

Back in the day the key ceremony did the same thing - each hamster decided who the next safe person would be, until the final two were left, unchosen. Clever teams would obviously work out in advance who would save whom to preserve some deniability, but if you were at the bottom of the safe list each week you knew your days were numbered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Wow! After watching this episode I also wanted Mirai out.  She was really nonsensical in some of her ramblings.  Old people, only Asian, Cookout?  I really did not get her point.  I looked it up and about 6% of the U.S. population is Asian-American.  So, if this was truly the first time she had been the only Asian-American in a group, then she has had an unique life always being surrounded by other Asian-Americans.

I agree with others that something had to have happened off-screen that led to the vote being 7-0.  I think Chris Kattan was totally shocked to be there after the vote.  Don't worry Chris-just go take a nap and everything will be okay.

Edited by seacliffsal
wanted to add a statistic
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Nashville said:
  • ChrisK's pre-vote speech: "So long, and thanks for all the cake."
  • Marai's speech: "Um, Olympics emotional wanna stay you old eggplant emojis Cookout LOLOLOLOL."
  • Everybody else in the House: "WTF did she just say

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

It would have been nice of the producers to replace Todrick’s luggage when they found out it had been mauled by badgers.

I can't quote everyone but you guys are on fire today. The cherry on the cake (eaten in the dark right out of the pan) is the Hitchhikers reference. 

Thanks for making me briefly forget the freezing rain falling on the snowbanks in my yard. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, kassa said:

Back in the day the key ceremony did the same thing - each hamster decided who the next safe person would be, until the final two were left, unchosen. Clever teams would obviously work out in advance who would save whom to preserve some deniability, but if you were at the bottom of the safe list each week you knew your days were numbered.

I thought when they used the key wheel, it was the HOH who decided the order in which the keys were placed. Which season(s) had the houseguests deciding who the next safe person would be?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kassa said:

Back in the day the key ceremony did the same thing

I bemoan the loss of the key wheel every episode I see people go up on the bluetooth screen. Those looks of relief when someone before you pulled your key but you thought you were in trouble were gold... BRING BACK THE KEY WHEEL!!!

2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Which season(s) had the houseguests deciding who the next safe person would be?

The HoH did load the wheel but it started with the HoH determining who was the first person safe and that person pulled the next key and passed it along 'Kris, you are safe.' and so on. I think that's what was meant.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

They took the wheel away that one season when they did that thing where people did contests for double-HOH, which they don’t do anymore and it sucked, so BRING BACK THE KEY WHEEL, GRODNER.

Fan Favorite Battle of the Block (tm) (c) Patent Pending.  All Rights Reserved. Full of Shit. 

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I can't quote everyone but you guys are on fire today. The cherry on the cake (eaten in the dark right out of the pan) is the Hitchhikers reference. 

Thanks for making me briefly forget the freezing rain falling on the snowbanks in my yard. 

I’m just happy someone got the reference; my faith in humankind is redeemed - a little.

• LOL 2

I thought the Veto comp was super easy, although I don't know how well the players could see the board I saw on my TV. There was only one where I didn't spot it. I wonder if Kirkpatrick might be dyslexic. 

The nice thing about the live show is that we were spared the tedium of picking Veto players, or cutting to the diary room every 30 seconds so a player could tell us why it was important for them to win the Veto. Honestly, the show is just way too scripted and repetitive.

The story about Lamar's son was sad but felt weirdly misplaced. Should have been something they saved for a non-live episode.

• Love 4

I thought maybe Chris Kirk needs glasses or something. 

Marai's speech was rude. I would vote her out too. 

Is Todrick's shirt supposed to be in style and more people wear this type of shirt? 😄

I'm loving Carson and all the snark. He is fun. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I looked it up and about 6% of the U.S. population is Asian-American.  So, if this was truly the first time she had been the only Asian-American in a group, then she has had an unique life always being surrounded by other Asian-Americans.

There are a lot of Asians in professional skating, so if that has been her whole life, it’s not too surprising. Either way, as an Olympic athlete, she’s definitely had a unique life! Or at least an unusual one.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I wonder if Kirkpatrick might be dyslexic.

Well, you know what they say... if life gives you melons... you might be dyslexic!

The only signs that I found harder were the ones that weren't in white, some blended in more due to that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

And with that eviction  and the loss of my eye candy my already weak interest dropped by 75%

What a bunch of dummies...Kattan is clearly unhappy there and begging to go home and they send out someone who wants to stay.

Block voting is ALWAYS lame.

Dead Horse=In or Not  IN SYNCH jokes.

Why can't one of those chalk board finishes ever go the way I want it to? I wanted to see Todrick win just to see if he would be bold enough to shake up the plan and spoil the back door. I guess we'll never know. And the blond...you could see there was nothing going on upstairs trying to figure out the math and is saved only by the other contestant going over by by 5....BY 5!

Kirkpatrick is coming off like a petty little creep and he can't rock a goatee like Dr. Strange.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

And with that eviction  and the loss of my eye candy my already weak interest dropped by 75%

What a bunch of dummies...Kattan is clearly unhappy there and begging to go home and they send out someone who wants to stay.

Block voting is ALWAYS lame.

Dead Horse=In or Not  IN SYNCH jokes.

Why can't one of those chalk board finishes ever go the way I want it to? I wanted to see Todrick win just to see if he would be bold enough to shake up the plan and spoil the back door. I guess we'll never know. And the blond...you could see there was nothing going on upstairs trying to figure out the math and is saved only by the other contestant going over by by 5....BY 5!

Kirkpatrick is coming off like a petty little creep and he can't rock a goatee like Dr. Strange.

Did anyone else see that CKat had a whiteboard answer up once they went to the wide shot after the veto tiebreaker? It looked like it said 6. Not sure if he meant to be funny or if he was really so confused that he thought he had to answer.

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, Michichick said:

I thought when they used the key wheel, it was the HOH who decided the order in which the keys were placed. Which season(s) had the houseguests deciding who the next safe person would be?

You are correct. I misremembered. Unless there was a season when it was schoolyard pick?  Was there a time when they just picked Veto competitors before the bag of chance?

I thought maybe Chris Kirk needs glasses or something. 

But wouldn't he have been wearing them for that comp? Or are you suggesting he needs glasses but refuses to get them? I just think he's either disturbingly unobservant - the first couple of photos were pretty easy and everyone else got them right - or he possibly has some reading issues other than poor eyesight. He could also be color blind, I think that would have made the challenge harder.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But wouldn't he have been wearing them for that comp? Or are you suggesting he needs glasses but refuses to get them? I just think he's either disturbingly unobservant - the first couple of photos were pretty easy and everyone else got them right - or he possibly has some reading issues other than poor eyesight. He could also be color blind, I think that would have made the challenge harder.

I missed almost every one of the signs during that comp. It’s just poor eyesight in my case (and my TV isn’t very big). I don’t think it’s that surprising that Chris missed them. But of course I don’t know what sort of screen the players had.