Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: The Beginning of the End

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 1/24/2022 at 6:11 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

It's fascinating watching Kody twist himself into knots trying to explain to everyone how HE is the victim in everything.  It's pretty ironic that he called Janelle the "teflon queen" last week when it's Kody who refuses to take responsibility for ANYTHING.  

I don't care about the right of it, or the wrong of it. What that craphead said about the boy's mother - to the boy! - was completely out of line. Totally unacceptable. Had someone said something so vicious about my mother, I would have clubbed him with a shovel, then used said shovel to bury the jerk.

• Love 13
On 3/1/2022 at 2:27 AM, Not Buyin It said:

I don't care about the right of it, or the wrong of it. What that craphead said about the boy's mother - to the boy! - was completely out of line. Totally unacceptable.

This season, he’s almost always out of line with everyone apart from the St.Robyns family. He is humiliating and spiteful towards everyone else.  

• Like 1
  • Love 13
On 1/23/2022 at 10:38 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

So Kody thinks Christine dropped a bomb.  Watching the montage of him treating her poorly was hard.

Why would Kody think this was a phase?  

He says she murdered their intimacy with betrayal.  Again, Kody takes no responsibility.

He is shocked and dumbfounded she doesn't want him staying in her room.

He wasn’t even staying, so yeah don’t look at has sh**if you don’t have to and it hurts you 

• Like 1
On 9/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, dariafan said:

So Kody thinks Christine dropped a bomb.  Watching the montage of him treating her poorly was hard.

In what world does treating someone like shit, and then them deciding they can't take it, constitute "a bomb"? That's how someone is supposed to react when you mistreat them! It shouldn't come as a surprise!

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I have long wondered why Meri didn't leave Kody? But she can't leave Kody since he left/abandoned her years ago. They do not have a relationship that one associates with a married couple. Not at all! They have an adult daughter together, have the same last name and have mutual acquaintances like Janelle and Robyn. You can't even call them good neighbors since Kody hasn't visited Meri's home in so long, in many years? There is nothing for Meri to leave. She has lived as a single woman for years and seems to enjoy it. I think she is happy with her life and continues to sit quietly during their few meetings when something needs to be discussed. She looks like she's thinking about what to have for dinner while Kody tries to find someone to blame for his own shortcomings and Robyn tries to squeeze out some crocodile tears. No, if Meri is smart, she stays in the city where she lives and watches from a comfortable distance how everything develops...

• Like 2

If Kody had a vision that "sister wives" would give a positive image of polygamist families, he has completely failed. No one should be able to see anything positive in this. Strong women are despised, children are thrown out when they turn 18 (Unless they are Robyn's kids of course). Don't expect "love" or intimacy if you don't do what the man wants you to do. Don't stop making money as the man and his favorite wife have to be supported. Etc. Etc.🤢

• Like 3

You can't even call them good neighbors since Kody hasn't visited Meri's home in so long, in many years?There is nothing for Meri to leave. 

Kody and Janelle stayed at Meri's B&B when they travelled for Janelle's mother's funeral.

Meri could (and since has) publicly announce that she has left Kody. She could leave her rental in Flagstaff since she is only there to remain close to Kody and "the family." She could stop wearing her ring. She could leave the show. There was a lot for her to leave.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Oh my word. I think Meri is terrible, but she is no more terrible than the rest of these grifters.

Christine wanted the family, not just the man, except for how she wanted the man, not the family. I am so glad she's left and reclaimed her pride, but until she did, Christine was humiliation personified.

Janelle is chill, except for how she wants a husband's attention for stuff like, "Where do I live? What should I do about the adult kids during a pandemic?" And, "My ill-considered RV needs to be leveled. Again."

Robyn is perfect, except how she uprooted the whole fricking family to Flagstaff, so she didn't have to cut Dayton's apron strings. (And those eyebrows.)

Look. Did Meri have an emotional affair?

You bet your sweet bippy.

That said, she only had the emotional affair, after Kody had cut her off from sex and affection for a few years, and then divorced her, so he could legally marry Robin.

And Kody was okay with the emotional affair, until he realized everyone else also knew it was an emotional affair.

I know much of the fandom judges Meri harshly about the affair, because "she thought she was married," but did she? That poor girl had been shit on since 1990. The brainwashing was wearing off.

I only wish Sam had been real, and she would have left Kody's skanky ass.

https://go.tlc.com/video/sister-wives-tlc/kody-takes-responsibility

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

And Kody was okay with the emotional affair, until he realized everyone else also knew it was an emotional affair.

Yeah.  Kodi didn't give two hoots what Meri did until his pride was hurt.

I have always suspected that what ultimately changed Kody's attitude about the whole thing was when he heard those messages where Meri "shit talked" him (his new favorite expression).   She said things about how there was no contest between Kody and "Sam," that Sam beat Kody in every category (paraphrasing). 

Of course it is impossible to be sure of the exact timing of what messages were leaked and when and what Kody knew at one moment vs. another.  But there seemed to be a sharp turn at one point and I think that is what caused it.

Just like he didn't care about having a relationship with Christine until she quit him (causing him to become furious), I don't think Kody cared about anything to do with Meri until he found out she had no use for him - then suddenly it warranted his resentment. 

It's all about ego, baby.

Blech!

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
On 1/20/2023 at 10:11 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah.  Kodi didn't give two hoots what Meri did until his pride was hurt.

I have always suspected that what ultimately changed Kody's attitude about the whole thing was when he heard those messages where Meri "shit talked" him (his new favorite expression).   She said things about how there was no contest between Kody and "Sam," that Sam beat Kody in every category (paraphrasing). 

Of course it is impossible to be sure of the exact timing of what messages were leaked and when and what Kody knew at one moment vs. another.  But there seemed to be a sharp turn at one point and I think that is what caused it.

Just like he didn't care about having a relationship with Christine until she quit him (causing him to become furious), I don't think Kody cared about anything to do with Meri until he found out she had no use for him - then suddenly it warranted his resentment. 

It's all about ego, baby.

Blech!

THIS. I’ve suspected this for a long time, that he heard those voicemails and after years of problems between the two, that’s what sealed it for him. “Better in all categories” and all the “I love you”s that Meri said and then Meri comes crawling back because she realised what she’d done — her words were the iceberg and their relationship was the Titanic. It was doomed after that.

What gets me is that she’d jump right back in if he’d take her back. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

What gets me is that she’d jump right back in if he’d take her back. 

I think it's Meri's ego and inability to admit she is wrong about anything that motivates her.

She may hold hope that demonstrating what a "wonderful, fun filled life" she is leading without him may be an attraction. Also, she is earning enough that she can offer him security from his greatest fear, poverty. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think it's Meri's ego and inability to admit she is wrong about anything that motivates her.

She may hold hope that demonstrating what a "wonderful, fun filled life" she is leading without him may be an attraction. Also, she is earning enough that she can offer him security from his greatest fear, poverty. 

Even with the fear of poverty, I think Kody is so repulsed by her it would be an incredible feat for him to risk such a thing — she’d immediately start “flirting” 🙄 and he’d be squirming to get away.

Her “wonderful fun filled life” feels put-on like a “show” and he probably sees through the act. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’ve been watching old seasons and came across the episode with Kody and Meri’s 30th anniversary field dinner in the cold.   Kody not only reminds Meri he has no feelings for her, but he is adamant that if a wife is unhappy, they need to leave.  But then he loses his sh*t when Christine does exactly that.  What a weirdo.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2