Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: The Beginning of the End

Pallas
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

It was also sad to see that none of the non-Christine kids or moms came to Mykelti’s baby shower. Christine had it outdoors and the tables looked pretty well spaced and several folks were shown wearing masks. I am guessing it was in the aftermath of the nanny COVID scare but it is infuriating that Kody would allow everyone to gather indoors to watch Ari blow all over a cake they all then ate but not show up to an outdoor gathering for his daughter  who was about to become a mother. He could have shown up masked and not eaten anything if he wanted to be safe. 

I feel Christine took that time to let her children know what was happening

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Quickbeam said:

I think Meri stays to be a millstone around Kody’s neck. She knows he does not love her. It’s as if her life is focused on spite.

I don’t think she stays for spite. I suspect she thinks she still has a chance, if she can stuff herself into whatever mold she thinks he would accept. I also feel like all her “I’m happy and independent” posts are designed to make her appear confident (and perhaps more desireable).

Though Meri certainly can be spiteful, in this case, I see her as delusional. Kody hardly speaks to her anyways and can ignore her at will, so staying does her no good if he doesn’t even care that she exists. 

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

It was also sad to see that none of the non-Christine kids or moms came to Mykelti’s baby shower. Christine had it outdoors and the tables looked pretty well spaced and several folks were shown wearing masks. I am guessing it was in the aftermath of the nanny COVID scare but it is infuriating that Kody would allow everyone to gather indoors to watch Ari blow all over a cake they all then ate but not show up to an outdoor gathering for his daughter  who was about to become a mother. He could have shown up masked and not eaten anything if he wanted to be safe. 

The other adult kids live in different towns from Mykelti and may have been unable to get off work or didn’t want to travel. In my family we send baby shower invitations to out of town family but don’t expect them to attend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Redcookie said:

And I don’t believe a word of it. She says things she thinks she should say. She wants him all to herself. 

Sister wives are probably cheaper than a “child care provider” to watch and teach her kids because, she can’t or can’t be bothered to. It’s all the other Sister Wives’ fault they had a COVID scare. Had the other wives (Christine) not been flaunting them protuculls, she could have brought her parenting to Robyn’s littles and there wouldn’t have been a need for a “child care provider” who got sick by osmosis.

Regarding the “first time” response to the COVID testing question, it is possible they were responding to the type of test not testing. We know Kody took a test for his mother-in-law’s funeral. I don’t assume they actually followed their own rules for Christmas, because they clearly haven’t done so that we’ve seen, but we also didn’t hear the question. And per Meri, the test type changed. Now, I will go take a shower because I feel unclean defending those two yahoos. 

I’ve been fortunate that I have t had to test yet, but I think the spit test turns my stomach. I think I’d be with Meri, especially if there were multiple people in the car taking a spit test that I had to listen to. 🤢

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, BAForever said:

I'm so grateful God was looking out for them re covid since He wasn't helpful finding a 5 bedroom rennal a few years ago. 

Robyn just makes it all up as she goes along....

This is the same supposed "god" that put this entire mess together. I don't claim to be a religious elite, but the God I know about probably wouldn't create a train wreck like this, especially for the innocent kids who didn't ask for any of it. Robyn's only God is the blonde douchenoodle who believes his own hype.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I agree, Ari is a brat. Shame on Asshole Kody for that ridiculous bday party. Poor Truly. Poor Ysabel.

I wonder if Janelle is being intimate with Asshole. I doubt it,but I also wonder if Christine knows.

Christine looks lovely these days, IMO. She's an attractive woman who deserves so much better than the basement wife treatment. I have the blushing problem too. She's blond and fair. I used to be blond, now Im mainly gray. Blah.

My covid attitude is more similar to Christine's than to Asshole and Robyn but even if it wasn't, I just cannot get over the fact that they have a nanny who was allowed to come and go. And Robyn should shut up about "god looking out" for them. So was god not looking out for the millions of people who got covid ? 

Poor Savannah. 

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, BAForever said:

I'm so grateful God was looking out for them re covid since He wasn't helpful finding a 5 bedroom rennal a few years ago. 

I guess later on, God wasn't looking our for Garrison and Gabriel, no doubt because they didn't bow down to Kody. At least that is what I assume Kody and Robyn would think.

It was funny that Kody claimed that he doesn't believe in divorce. Meanwhile he divorced his only actual legal wife to marry Robyn. Apparently though half (or possibly two thirds) of Kody's spiritual wives are supposed to be fine with Kody dictating what their marriages will and will not consist of. Friendship the form of his sparkling personality should be enough. 🤧

• Love 21

And they say having a tv in the bedroom is bad for your sex life! Kody had to actually read himself to sleep when he slept in Christines bed! I'm wondering if Robin sent a book along with him every time it was her "turn" with him and these are the resulting collection of books? Even Kody himself was puzzled by how many boxes of book he had!?

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Kody looking in shock and dismay at all the boxes in Christine's garage. My first thought was...he's probably wondering who's will move them for him. His former child labor force sons are kinda pissed off at him. 

Dayun (Robyn’s son)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I watched the episode. None of the Brown adults should be zooming the camera in that close to their face. Really just don't.

And Kody is an ass, but Christine's crying was super fake and possibly just a reenactment for the camera. I'm still glad she left him.

• Love 15

I despise everything about Kody but he finally said something in next week’s preview that I’ve been wanting to hear:  “MERI HAD AN AFFAIR.”  I’m so sick of her describing it as her “dark place” or “when I was a victim...” 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I came back to add:  that comment that Kootie said about Ari-what's-her-face being a "social lubricant" was downright ew!  

And I came back to agree with you ! "Social butterfly" probably would have been a better term.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

Wonder what kind of books were in those boxes?  I can imagine:

"The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney"

"The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves"

"How Not to Be a D*ck: An Everyday Etiquette Guide". (Kodass didn't even open this one)

Not to mention, "Modern Polygamy for Dummies!"

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a cousin who, when she was about Ari's age, had super long hair. She refused to put it in a barette or a ponytail and it was always falling in her food when she ate. Her mom cut it short in the front until she was old enough that she would allow for a proper haircut. That's what Ari's hair looks like to me.

And good God - don't these people talk to each other. Ever? Christine boxes up Kody's stuff because it's too hard to look at it. I don't blame her. But maybe shoot him a text and say "your shit is in the garage; come get it next week?" Kody thinks maybe Christine is playing a game but maybe not. He's heard rumors for years that she is leaving him. I dunno - maybe ASK HER what she is thinking???

Also, why wasn't Day'un in the car for the Covid testing of the Robyn Brown contingent? I also don't remember seeing him at the Ari Tribute.

I saw him at the Ari Extravaspectacular, but I could not see Breanna at all and I looked more than once. They also didn't show her at all in the car at the saliva test. They mentioned her being in the very back but we only saw the very top of someone's head. 🤔 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

I think Ari looks more like Kody than any of his other kids. I can't believe how much she looks like him. I admit I did laugh when he talked to her in the car and she pretended she was asleep. 😀 

She seems to have some of whatever Mariah got from Kootie too. I noticed it in her smiles and how she tries to dominate her siblings.

• Love 7
On 1/24/2022 at 12:36 AM, CriticalMass said:

And…which adult child didn’t go to get tested? Kody specifically said six. Who didn’t go, Dayton or Aurora? 

Day'un wasn't there.  Aurora was helping Ari with her test (gee, why cannot she babysit) & Breanna was in the third seat though only once did I see her tilt her head so part of it was visible from behind Ari's car seat.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Did anyone else laugh when Christine said she used to be submissive and go with the flow, ignoring her own needs, until she saw Robyn standing up for herself and making demands?

Whoops, guess the perpetual babysitting doormat had needs of her own. Who could have guessed?

• Love 17

Apparently though half (or possibly two thirds) of Kody's spiritual wives are supposed to be fine with Kody dictating what their marriages will and will not consist of. Friendship the form of his sparkling personality should be enough.

Far be it from me to take Kody's side, but I would argue that either party in a marriage has a right to decline to participate in a whole variety of activities, including sex. If Christine were the one to say that she was no longer interested in having sex with Kody, I don't think that anyone would argue it wasn't her right to do so. That said, one of the many things that either spouse has a right to do is to decide that he/she is unable to live with the conditions of the marriage and to leave.

Or said more succinctly - I think it's fine for Kody to decline to have sex with Christine anymore and also fine for her to say that she doesn't want a non-sexual marriage and to leave.

What I don't understand is why they don't seem to have discussed this at all with each other when they clearly have no issue discussing it with others, the camera, the cable viewing population of America... So when Kody announced to Christine that he wasn't interested in "intimacy" in their marriage, why didn't she say "I don't want to continue to be married then" - either during that conversation or in a later conversation if she needed time to gather her thoughts and compose herself.

Then Christine decides having Kody's things in her house is too difficult. Fine. But she doesn't text or email to say "I'm boxing up your stuff, come get it?" And then he doesn't say, when he discovers it in the garage, "why is all my stuff in boxes in the garage?" But they both readily say these things to the camera, and I'm guessing to whoever they confide in (kids - ugh; the other wives; friends; someone...) It's like the only way they communicate with each other is through taping the show.

I would pay real dollars to get a look inside those book boxes. 

I'll bet they are empty. Or full of hair products.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
Just now, Elizzikra said:

What I don't understand is why they don't seem to have discussed this at all with each other when they clearly have no issue discussing it with others, the camera, the cable viewing population of America... So when Kody announced to Christine that he wasn't interested in "intimacy" in their marriage, why didn't she say "I don't want to continue to be married then" - either during that conversation or in a later conversation if she needed time to gather her thoughts and compose herself.

Then Christine decides having Kody's things in her house is too difficult. Fine. But she doesn't text or email to say "I'm boxing up your stuff, come get it?" And then he doesn't say, when he discovers it in the garage, "why is all my stuff in boxes in the garage?" But they both readily say these things to the camera, and I'm guessing to whoever they confide in (kids - ugh; the other wives; friends; someone...) It's like the only way they communicate with each other is through taping the show.

Drama for the camera's.  While Christine's distress  "seemed" real, there were no tears when she turned away from the camera.  I would think when it actually happened she was devastated.  Kody vacillating between being pissed off and then claiming to not care made me want to laugh.  Almost like "who is this nobody kicking me out of the bedroom?"  Deep down I think that's how he really feels.

• Love 15

I believe Robyn was actually upset that:

1) She and Kotex were going to be outed for making everyone else get tested but not doing it themselves before the party

2) Because Kotex had insisted everyone come over for Areola's birthday they had to actually admit that their nanny got covid.  Otherwise I don't think they would have shared the news about the nanny

3) It turns out that Kotex rules were not better than the CDC rules

So in the end they tried to spin it as too risky for everyone to get together.

Kotex was actually upset that:

1) Christine pushed the conversation about sex and the door.  I am hazarding a guess he has probably used the lack of a door to dodge sex for 2 years

2) Christine wasn't satisfied with scraps and moved on

3) Kotex and Robyn's financial woes meant he had removed himself from Christine's mortgage and since they aren't legally married or cohabitating Christine had every right to put his things in the garage

4) Kotex realized that he'll have to make nice with Janelle and Meri to keep the show going.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I agree, Ari is a brat. Shame on Asshole Kody for that ridiculous bday party. Poor Truly. Poor Ysabel.

I wonder if Janelle is being intimate with Asshole. I doubt it,but I also wonder if Christine knows.

Christine looks lovely these days, IMO. She's an attractive woman who deserves so much better than the basement wife treatment. I have the blushing problem too. She's blond and fair. I used to be blond, now Im mainly gray. Blah.

My covid attitude is more similar to Christine's than to Asshole and Robyn but even if it wasn't, I just cannot get over the fact that they have a nanny who was allowed to come and go. And Robyn should shut up about "god looking out" for them. So was god not looking out for the millions of people who got covid ? 

You know? Her God didn't find her a rennul. Js.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1