Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Bliss, Brunches, and Brawls...Oh My!

• Start Topic

I’m a little concerned about Olajuwon. He said he’s always “run around, doing whatever I want, playing with whoever I want to, didn’t care about anyone’s feelings but mine. I was very selfish.” And we know he used different aliases with women. Now he thinks he can turn on a dime and be a good, caring, loving husband, be monogamous and not be selfish. I’m extremely skeptical of someone who has lived their life a certain way and suddenly thinks they can do a 360 and become a totally different person. 

So is Katina’s brother!! So am I!!!

Game. Set. Match to Chris for the gaslighting call.

Alyssa. Mid-thirties and already aging badly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

So what exactly did Chris say or do that Alyssa won't give him the time of day?

That still isn't clear for me!

Nothing. She thinks she’s too good for him but knows she’ll look like a bitch if she says that (she keeps trying to hide stuff from the cameras), so she’s inventing stuff to make him look worse. It’s not working - he’s coming across as measured and mature, and she looks like a brat. It’s fucked up that she won’t even walk with him - she ditched him in the damn airport.

Chris didn't do anything except stand at the end of the aisle with his subpar teeth. The moment ACE saw them, she was thinking of reasons they couldn't possibly ever work. That is what she will spend the remainder of her time on the show doing; gathering or fabricating evidence of their fundamental incompatibility, and then explaining their incompatibility in painstaking detail to anyone who will listen. it's unfortunate that ACE and Lindsay don't get along becuase I suspect they will be the two least popular cast members this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

Alyssa was expecting the perfect match.  I do believe the "experts" got it completely wrong.  Chris is NOT the one for her.  I found that person.

Alyssa, meet your "perfect match"..............................

ACE.thumb.jpg.1d49b609eaa8fe538b094fcd492933f2.jpg

...........................ACE.
I truly think the two of you are soulmates.  Enjoy yours lives together.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

Good grief, Alyssa. Just say "I would really like to start as friends" how difficult is that?

ACE doesn't want to start as friends. She doesn't want to start at all. I think she keeps hoping that if she pushes back hard enough, they will bring in another row of potential suitors and let her choose one to her liking.

I hate the way that she is twisting Chris's flexibility to make it sound like he is only trying to "yes bomb" her. No ACE - he is just trying to keep his new, very picky and very prickly wife as happy as possible based on the very little information she chooses to share. 

I wanted to like her but I just don't. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, buttersister said:

So is Katina’s brother!! So am I!!!

Game. Set. Match to Chris for the gaslighting call.

Alyssa. Mid-thirties and already aging badly. 

Did Chris use the term "gaslighting"? 🤔

Because I didn't know that when I posted earlier that that was what Alyssa was doing. 😉

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

She wants an all-expenses paid vaca in Puerto Rico!! 🏖

You know - so do I. Now, I'm a happily married woman. But I could approach Chris and say "this isn't going anywhere because I'm already married. But I'm a nice person and you seem like a nice person. Let's have fun, partake of all the food and drinks and activities, figure out some separate sleeping arrangements to avoid any awkward and just have fun with this.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Seems to me that Chris and Alyssa should have been cut.  I am sure they had time to include another couple.  I had a feeling Alyssa was a narcissist when she decided to walk down the aisle by herself.  She was probably hoping fellow Bostonian, Chris Evans would be waiting for her at the end of the aisle. 

I was shocked to hear Steve’s father call him a “vagabond” on National Television.  He is clearly fed-up with his lifestyle.  I still don’t believe he should have been chosen.

If Mark stays with Lindsey, I have a feeling he will spend the rest of their marriage life apologizing for her behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Seems to me that Chris and Alyssa should have been cut.  I am sure they had time to include another couple.  I had a feeling Alyssa was a narcissist when she decided to walk down the aisle by herself.  She was probably hoping fellow Bostonian, Chris Evans would be waiting for her at the end of the aisle. 

I was shocked to hear Steve’s father call him a “vagabond” on National Television.  He is clearly fed-up with his lifestyle.  I still don’t believe he should have been chosen.

If Mark stays with Lindsey, I have a feeling he will spend the rest of their marriage life apologizing for her behavior.

Perfectly said. You totally nailed it!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Chris, Mark, and Steve could stand to go to the same gym as Olajuwon and Michael. J/S!

Next week: Lindsey drinks. Cat-tina points her claws and charges, "You're rude!" Michael and What's Her Name argue. 

Not everyone is built to be a gym rat. Most people could stand to hit the gym. That's not reality. Expecting your man or woman to be in shape like that is ones preference. It's also not likely.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bref said:

I wish they hadn't decided to make drama amongst the couples a feature of the show. I don't think that's what most of us tune in for. 

No. Most be do watch for the drama and I rather watch that than the manufactured drams from couples created by constant mismatches.

On another point, I hope more and more people understand why black men on the show are constantly scared of being branded as the angry black man. This keeps coming up again and again. This black man doesn't make me feel safe. It could be coincidence if it involves a black man of course. But, it's why one has to be capable how you make someone look on shows like this. It could have lasting consequences.

Lyndsey could of totally just been in her truth. She clearly has a past and she could have been triggered. But, now we have a he said/she said with no footage aired and men often don't get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this these days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

That guy is not my type, but Alyssa is a real asshole.  I think she thinks she's hotter than him,  but with a personality that says just the opposite. IDK why she went on this show to begin with. And Ithink she only went to Puerto Rico for free vacation.

Yeah listen there's a reason why you're not married.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 20

2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Good grief, Alyssa. Just say "I would really like to start as friends" how difficult is that?

Jamie Otis got a lot of hate for the way she first treated Doug as she was expecting some "Bachelor-ish"  type. However she was always polite to him and kept busy doing fun things on the honeymoon.

But there is no fun in Alyssa, so that approach won't work.

Exactly!  She had already expressed to him that she didn't think they were a match, and he agreed to go as slow as she wanted if they went on the honeymoon, which she agreed to go on.  I don't think he quite meant that she should just grab her bags and leave the airport because waiting for him was too much togetherness.  And even if she wants a free vacation - doesn't she understand that they're on tv, and the producers want to film them doing things together?  Even on the bus - she had her back totally turned to him to chat with the other couples while he just sat there.  Totally rude and disrespectful, and just mean.

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Seems to me that Chris and Alyssa should have been cut.  I am sure they had time to include another couple. 

They don't even need to add another couple - four would be plenty!  Five are too hard to keep track of anyway - to figure out who's missing I count them off - 2 white couples, 2 black, 1 Asian 😄. I liked 3 couples better.

I wish there was footage of the airport fight!  Lyndsey is obnoxious and Olajuwon is immature and hyper so I'm sure there was blame on both sides; I will always come down on the side AGAINST the person who is proud of "being too much" or "having no filter".  I can't wait to see what Mark's getting yelled at for next week, right after she tells the girls she loves him 😄   Lindsay and Mark both have triangular mouths with no lips.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I could be wrong, but Steve and Noi have that Couples Cam vibe going. Iirc, Steve had said he’d worked prior to losing his job and using unemployment and pandemic dollars to fund a road trip. So I’m wondering if the producers had him insert “if” into “when I find a job.” He’s doing contract work because a lot of companies are offering that (saves on benefits and taxes). Not sure if his dad is in on the drama or jealous Steve was able to take off. Idk, but I recall producers manufacturing bs for sure-thing Woody and Amani.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Alyssa is a piece of shit … epitome of stuck up gas lighting ugly chinless troll … no wonder dude broke up with her on his way home from work .. who wants to be around a heartless self absorbed bitch… as for chris have some balls and self respect call the bitch on her shit and bounce and go find a new woman … she only came for the free vacation and to make you look like a soft ass beta male Chris … have some pride 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Chris seems perfectly ok not hanging with Alyssa.  Also, I think he's nice-looking.  So take that, chinless Alyssa. 

Somehow she manages to be both chinless and double-chinned.

I think she's pretty actually, just needs to stop tucking in her chin. But that personality...yikes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TheBride said:

Mark is a stand up guy.

He is! Wouldn't have thought I'd say this, but I really like him. He and Lindsey could have a chance, if she could just reel in her over-the-top-ness at least some of the time.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

On a show that continually refuses to acknowledge Red Flags, it's . . . quite the contrast that Alyssa flees at the threat of occasional condescension and Frisbee golf. I wonder if she heard something that was edited out? Because if it's just that she doesn't find Chris attractive, then why not go with the usual "not my type" excuse? Alyssa certainly doesn't care about hurting Chris's feelings, so why not be straightforward?

I think she just doesn't want to be called "shallow".  But no one's buying her BS excuse so it's not working.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

WHAT HAVE I DONE OR SAID TO MAKE YOU FEEL 'GYPPED'?" 

Committed the crime of having yellow crooked teeth.

Alyssa expected a tall, handsome groom with a million-dollar salary.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wow, Steve lost me with the “if and when I want to commit to a full time job” and the vagabond comment certainly got my side eye going. I had the same look that Noi had on her face when he said that. 

I worked with a lot of people that didn't commit to a permanent position in Steve's line of work that made a lot of money, got benefits and supported families.  It's known as consulting and it's perfectly acceptable.  I think this is a non-issue being made to look like an issue by the show.  I'm thinking Steve may have said things that proved that but the show conveniently edited it out.  And I'm side eying those "reaction" shots of Noi as being filmed out of context and used here, once again to mislead the audience.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Katina seems far more mature, even sophisticated, than Olajuwon. I don't  see her staying with him, nor him staying faithful. 

Yeah, but in my opinion that's not saying much.  I think she was ready to have a fight over whatever Lindsey said to her and Olaj actually had to convince her not to.

I'm getting Karen vibes from Lindsey.  She's making it sound like Olajuwon was going to physically attack her. 

If every white woman without a filter and compromised social skills that's trying too hard to be cool is a "Karen", maybe I might see Lindsey as one, but that's not the definition I know.  And personally I hate the entire "Karen" concept because I think it's used to stereotype unfairly in many cases.  If anyone on this cast deserves that title this season it's Alyssa.

Also, I doubt that dumbass Lindsey even knows that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, she probably thinks it's a "foreign" country.  I also doubt that she knows that Spanish and English are the official languages spoken there. 

She's been there several times and speaks Spanish, so I doubt that's the problem.  She's just uncouth and trying to look cool when she's really socially awkward.  And obviously it often backfires on her.  I've known people like her.  She has a bad habit of opening her mouth and inserting her foot.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Rightside said:

Jamie Otis got a lot of hate for the way she first treated Doug as she was expecting some "Bachelor-ish"  type. However she was always polite to him and kept busy doing fun things on the honeymoon.

But there is no fun in Alyssa, so that approach won't work.

No, Alyssa is acting like a big entitled spoiled brat baby.  Wah, wah, wah.  She didn't get what she wanted so now she's going to pout and act all hurt and misunderstood.  Meanwhile she doesn't even deserve what she wants, not that she could even get that.  She thinks far higher of herself than she deserves in return.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I wish there was footage of the airport fight!  Lyndsey is obnoxious and Olajuwon is immature and hyper so I'm sure there was blame on both sides; I will always come down on the side AGAINST the person who is proud of "being too much" or "having no filter".

I totally agree, but Olajuwon at least calmed down after a while and wanted to keep the peace for the sake of having a nice honeymoon and not spoiling it for the others.  Katina however wanted to continue with the bad blood until he talked her out of it.  But I agree that both of them are too hyper and probably took some of what Lindsey was saying the wrong way. 

My take on this is that Lindsey was trying to look cool and badass around people she perceives to be far cooler and more badass than she is, so she was in her own misguided way trying to "match" them and instead ended up saying things that could be construed as offensive.  She doesn't know these people well enough yet to attempt that kind of banter with them.  Plus she doesn't know how to do it right and it comes out all wrong.  Then when they got offended she argued with them only making herself look worse.  She is a real train wreck.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheBride said:

I'm not very interested in this group, except for Mark who seems very nice.

Mark is an interesting combination of strong yet gentle that is really impressing me in a good way.  He has good energy right from the start.  If I saw him at the altar I would be intrigued, and that's in spite of him not being facially my usual type.  I think he is up to handling Lindsey but I'm concerned that she may try his patience one too many times.  I'm hoping he's a good influence on her.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, bref said:

Who would have guessed that Mark the Shark was so high on the emotional intelligence scale? Not I, certainly. Lindsay actually appears to have gotten herself a catch. Too bad she's gonna blow it.

Chris is absolutely right, Alyssa is attempting to gaslight him. She wants out but she doesn't want to look like the bad guy. so she's trying to make him out to be--"how dare you call me a liar?"  She is the WORST.

O is making a lot of promises he can't possibly keep to Katina. 

I wish they hadn't decided to make drama amongst the couples a feature of the show. I don't think that's what most of us tune in for. 

I’m concerned for Mark. “Her words can be vicious.” (Her dad).  Sorry to the max for Chris.  She said it. Appearance important. Gaslighting and looking for a civil out while filming continues.  Think Niou may have gotten a catch.  Katina and Jasmina - hoping for best. Not impressed yet. 

• Love 4

Chris is not my type but Alyssa is an asshole. To go strictly by looks and trying to make it like he or his family said or did something. She's too worried about her own Image to admit that. And she only went to Puerto Rico for a free vacation. 

Hey Alyssa , Everyone knows why you're not married. You're a bitch.

• Love 20

Olajawon  and Katina  both look like they've been rode way too long and way too hard.  That in the bed talk about histories was too much!

I don't think anybody coming on this show expects a virgin bride or groom but I also don't think they expect someone that's bonked most of Boston!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

No. Most be do watch for the drama and I rather watch that than the manufactured drams from couples created by constant mismatches.

On another point, I hope more and more people understand why black men on the show are constantly scared of being branded as the angry black man. This keeps coming up again and again. This black man doesn't make me feel safe. It could be coincidence if it involves a black man of course. But, it's why one has to be capable how you make someone look on shows like this. It could have lasting consequences.

Lyndsey could of totally just been in her truth. She clearly has a past and she could have been triggered. But, now we have a he said/she said with no footage aired and men often don't get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this these days.

Exactly! She said he was aggressive,  he puffed up his chest at her, he wanted to fight her, he made her feel unsafe. It's like she was doing everything in her power to label him the angry and dangerous Black man.  Unfortunately Black men have been murdered for just existing, her words were very dangerous.

• Love 15

I’m really impressed with how Mark handled the situation.  He is coming across as very kind and concerned for others.  I hope he finds some happiness because it seems he’s being doing a lot of caretaking of others.

I am growing to strongly dislike Olajuwon.  He kept cutting Katina off and talking over her.  The way he responded to her friend at brunch was rude and immature.  If Olajuwon disagreed with what the friend said then have a dialogue and refute it, but don’t demand a “stand with me or against me” approach.  He comes across as very shallow and bland.  It’s like he’s gotten by all his adult life on his body (his face ain’t much to look at) and athletic ability.  There have been multiple episodes and he hasn’t shown anything likable about him.  It’s kind of pathetic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Not everyone is built to be a gym rat. Most people could stand to hit the gym. That's not reality. Expecting your man or woman to be in shape like that is ones preference. It's also not likely.

Lord knows I should use my treadmill at least once! But I'm not on TV hoping to make a good impression on another hopeful person. Chris and Mark have guts, and I don't mean courage. Do I regard them as decent men who have the best marital intentions? Yes. 

• Love 4

I was confused about the fight between Michaela bd Jasmina.  Seems they were having a “conflict” about “conflict”.  Like they were fighting about fighting.   Seems like she just wanted to fight with him. I almost feel like she has started to check out at this point.   I think hearing how much he works really disappointed her. 

Alyssa…wow!  She reminds me of that guy a few seasons ago.  Was married to the blonde woman and they knew each other at the altar.  He was totally disappointed from the get go and kept making up excuses for why the marriage wasn’t working.  He kept accusing her of being an alcoholic.  I loved when Alyssa mentioned “hobbies” last night and how they are totally incompatible.   She rescues dogs, he loves dogs.  Did she expect to be matched to a cowboy?  I don’t know one guy around Boston that rides horses as a hobby.  I know a lot of girls 15 and under who go through a horse phase, I have friends who have spent a lot of $$ on it, but I’ve never heard of any boy doing it.  And even with the girls, it’s a phase that they outgrow.  She could easily go riding on a  Saturday while he plays disc golf.  These couples act like they have to spend every waking moment for the rest of their lives together. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did you know that Steve is a "Free Spirit"? (eyeroll)

Yeah, he does act like a trip down the East coast in the US makes him the next Magellan  or Columbus.  It’s not like he backpacked through Venezuela.  He drove down the coast and probably stayed at some Motel 6’s or slept in his car.  I like him but he is making this trip a way bigger deal than it is. 

Also, Alyssa with her “he is just yes’s me to death”.  No, he’s trying to appease you.  You are supposedly such a  fun, active person.  So he mistakenly thought you might want to have some adventures in PR.  But no, all you like to do is lay on the beach.  So he says he’ll do that with you and you somehow find fault with that.  She is insufferable! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, princelina said:

I wish there was footage of the airport fight!  Lyndsey is obnoxious and Olajuwon is immature and hyper so I'm sure there was blame on both sides; I will always come down on the side AGAINST the person who is proud of "being too much" or "having no filter".    

I also wish we had seen the airport fight.

Now we have two versions of what "allegedly" happened and there is no proof. I want the video tape.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Alyssa, just cop to it and cut the crap! You aren't attracted! Jeez Louise.

Steve and Noi seem a good match. I just don't  know, though, why MAFS brides feel the need to wipe off all their makeup. 😉 

They do keep those eyelashes on tho, lol.  Are they those lashes that stay on forever?  Yikes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I was confused about the fight between Michaela bd Jasmina.  Seems they were having a “conflict” about “conflict”.  Like they were fighting about fighting.   Seems like she just wanted to fight with him. I almost feel like she has started to check out at this point.   I think hearing how much he works really disappointed her. 

It struck me that way too.  It felt like Jasmina was deliberately being difficult with Michael.  She was determined to see his attitude as negative just because his family said he can be that way.  In this case I think he was just being realistic.  She reminded me of Alyssa there.  Jasmina strikes me as another one with expectations that are way too high and looking to find things wrong with her husband.  Maybe not as bad as Alyssa, but I feel like it's starting to go that way.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Alyssa isn't going to age well. 

Does she have siblings?  She seems like a spoiled brat only child that got her way all the time and stomped her feet.  She hates his teeth.  She expected a guy who was tall, fit, with movie star looks.  She’s rude, and walks away when she hears something she doesn’t like.  Instead of acting like a pain in the ass, she should go home.  She’s not all that either.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Did she expect to be matched to a cowboy?  I don’t know one guy around Boston that rides horses as a hobby.  I know a lot of girls 15 and under who go through a horse phase, I have friends who have spent a lot of $$ on it, but I’ve never heard of any boy doing it.  And even with the girls, it’s a phase that they outgrow.  She could easily go riding on a  Saturday while he plays disc golf.

In fairness, most (all?) jockeys are men, although if Alyssa were matched with one she’d probably say he was too short. And I don’t know about Boston but in Philly there’s an active riding club that includes men of all ages. And not all girls outgrow riding - I follow Soledad O’Brien on social and she’s an avid rider.

Now, all her shit about them being incompatible (she barely asked him any questions about himself, she doesn’t know if they’re compatible) is a cover for her thinking he’s unattractive, and you’re right - they could each spend a part of the weekend on their respective hobbies. She saw him, thought he was ugly, and was out - and it would have been much kinder if she’d gotten to the altar and said “I’m sorry, but no” and not gone through with the wedding. (I wonder if that’s ever happened?)

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

I’m concerned for Mark. “Her words can be vicious.” (Her dad).  Sorry to the max for Chris.  She said it. Appearance important. Gaslighting and looking for a civil out while filming continues.  Think Niou may have gotten a catch.  Katina and Jasmina - hoping for best. Not impressed yet. 

Once again as in every season lately we have people's family and friends throwing them under the bus at the reception.  I am so sure production is behind this.  Chris' "friends" said he can come off as "condescending", Michael was said to go into situations with a negative attitude, Steve was called a "vagabond" by his father, and Lindsey's father said her words can be "vicious".  Every season I am more sure that production puts them up to saying THE absolute WORST thing about them just to create drama and tension between the couples right from the start.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, bref said:

Chris has really gotten screwed. His friends did him dirty and his assigned mate is a stuck-up B.

I just watched last weeks aftershow and he seems like a perfectly nice guy who had a very good attitude going in. And he's not *hideous*, just average-looking. Her treatment of him is uncalled for.

yeah, she's just plain rude to him and there is no need for that

12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wow, Steve lost me with the “if and when I want to commit to a full time job” and the vagabond comment certainly got my side eye going. I had the same look that Noi had on her face when he said that. 

yeah, she's too centered and wanting financial security to put up with that

• Love 3