Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: After the 90 Days

• Start Topic

I watched it and also the other one with David and Annie. 

The birth drama is always interesting!

They are going to have to bring in more interesting side folks. Mom and dad, the friends have zero personality!

The new situations arising and strong personalities are what makes The Family Chantal interesting and renewable. 

To survive they need more…..

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I meant to add, that I think she is having a hard time and it is making her be even more needy, with the weight gain from pregnancy . When they were showing their history through photos, she looked so stunning. She is still a very pretty woman, but the (understandable pregnancy) weight does not do her face justice. I think she has commented quite a few times about how she "used to " be cute and looked good. I think Alexei is very loving and praises her so I think this is mostly within her.

Having been there a longgggggggg time ago, the weight gain can be a real struggle.

I always say they are the most normal couple and for that, they can seem a bit dull or boring. That's where Alexei's sense of humor comes in.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

L&A are one of my favorite couples, but I only know them from Pillow Talk, so I'm enjoying seeing some of their background and past appearances on the show.

Like @Polliwollidoodle, I was stunned at the earlier pictures of Loren.  She might be the best looking woman, as far as their season/s go, that I've seen on this show.

I'd never heard of whatever it is that Loren said she had on her cervix (they had the camera on her belly ring, so at first I thought she was talking about some sort of body jewelry!) that made it impossible to have a vaginal birth and meant to look it up but forgot what she called it.  A chevase or something like that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2022 at 12:02 PM, ethalfrida said:

I found it refreshing after all the weird and personal physical exchanges of the others shows.

Me too! Such a respite from the normal trashy nature of the show. I don’t understand why people always complain when genuine couples get new spin-offs that “so-and-so is BORING”.

I think Loren’s dad made Alexei’s trip seem so much more selfish than it actually was. It was sucky timing because she is later in her pregnancy with a toddler. BUT just like she said, if he didn’t go now he wouldn’t have gone until MONTHS after the baby was born and that’s not fair at all to him. They see her parents all of the time. I’m sure he misses the heck out of his parents!

• Like 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Me too! Such a respite from the normal trashy nature of the show. I don’t understand why people always complain when genuine couples get new spin-offs that “so-and-so is BORING”.

I think Loren’s dad made Alexei’s trip seem so much more selfish than it actually was. It was sucky timing because she is later in her pregnancy with a toddler. BUT just like she said, if he didn’t go now he wouldn’t have gone until MONTHS after the baby was born and that’s not fair at all to him. They see her parents all of the time. I’m sure he misses the heck out of his parents!

Plus she told him to go! I do not like her dad making him out to be the bad guy over this and Loren going along when, again, she TOLD him to go. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

She married a foreigner so trips home are part of the deal.  It wasn’t a random trip, it was for a wedding.  And to expect someone to travel that far and immediately turn around is silly and likely hard on the body.  Can’t a friend or family member stay with Loren?  There are couples where the husband is away on deployment for most of the pregnancy.  This is a week.  

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I agree Alexei should be able to visit home. He remarked that she kept saying he should go, and then when he decided to do it, she was shocked. I think she and her father are hyping this to have some story line. She can see her parents all the time, and he gets to see his if covid travel lets him.

I also get the impression that on a daily basis,he is very hands on so I think she just doesn't know about taking care on her own.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I’m not easily bored, so that’s  not an issue with me.   I look forward to seeing the trip to Israel, though Alexei’s justification seems meager.  I wish him success with getting his family over.  

I agree with Loren’s dad about Alexei leaving for so long under the circumstances. Loren complains about Alexei quite bit, so I sense there are issues.  I guess we’ll see as their series progresses.  I sense that he gets annoyed with her easily…perhaps for being needy.  I think I prefer them more on PT.  

Loren works remotely from home. What did she say she did?  Admin?  What about Alexei?  

• Love 4

I’m annoyed with Loren dad saying Alex shouldn’t have left. He hadn’t seen his parents in 2 years… she’s about tohave another baby which would mean another year or 2 before he would be able to go again. Loren sees her parents all the time, he’s supposed to just go on not seeing his family? Please, it’s a week. And it’s one kid, he didn’t leave her with a newborn and a toddler. And if she was so worried being alone, why didn’t she just stay with her parents for a week? She works from home so it’s not like she has to go into the office. 

• Love 12

I'm annoyed with Loren's dad, too (although I wonder if this is just set-up drama because her parents didn't seem so pissy before). When Alex said in the preview that Loren's folks would be mad if they moved, I thought good - then they will see how it is when the table is turned.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 8

I’m not sure why they are moving away from Loren’s parents.  Alexei seemed to be glad to point that out.  Why?  Grandparents are very important to children. Moving far from them when the kids are growing up seems odd to me.  Both sets of grandparents and great grandparents add so much to a child’s life.  I hope they really think this through.  

It sounds to me like Loren and her mother have issues and 

Alex and her dad don't see eye to eye so they're going to put a bit of space between them!

Loren is crazy about Alex and always has been.  I think she smothers him.

I think he's a good dad but with her devotion...needs to break free now and then..hence the fishing.

Why would she call him over and over the night of the wedding?  He's with family and friends celebrating his cousins wedding!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, mytmo said:

Love them on Pillow Talk.  This show not so much.  Guess better taken in small doses.

My guess is that their popularity on Pillow Talk is why TLC gave them their own show. David and Annie, too. 

• Love 4

I just tuned in briefly to see if Loren is still as annoying as ever. 

She is.

I've never forgotten how Alexi caught her in a lie right before the wedding and almost called it off. 

He should have.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

Listening to Loren complain nonstop for a half hour is not my idea of entertainment.   

They really don't have much going for them do they.  Probably just one season then back to Pillow Talk.

• Love 7

It annoyed me when Loren said that Alexei’s parents weren’t as excited to see him as hers would have been because of their “Soviet mentality”. That’s such a generalization about a lot of different people and doesn’t apply to every single “Soviet person” out there. His family looked happy to see him and maybe they’re just more introverted in front of the cameras than hers is. 

Her father was extremely out of line. Alexei hasn't seen his family for 2 years and it would be another year with the birth of the baby.

• Love 9
On 1/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, all4mom2 said:

I just tuned in briefly to see if Loren is still as annoying as ever. 

She is.

I've never forgotten how Alexi caught her in a lie right before the wedding and almost called it off. 

He should have.

I forget - what was the lie? The stripper?

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, seasons said:

I forget - what was the lie? The stripper?

Yes; after he told he wasn't okay with it, she did it AND lied about it...

Loren is a spoiled brat and doesn't deserve him, but he seems happy.

Go figure!!!

• Love 6
On 1/19/2022 at 4:27 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

It annoyed me when Loren said that Alexei’s parents weren’t as excited to see him as hers would have been because of their “Soviet mentality”. That’s such a generalization about a lot of different people and doesn’t apply to every single “Soviet person” out there. His family looked happy to see him and maybe they’re just more introverted in front of the cameras than hers is. 

Her father was extremely out of line. Alexei hasn't seen his family for 2 years and it would be another year with the birth of the baby.

Oh no, what did Dad say?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh no, what did Dad say?

Mrs Hanson- as best I can remember, he just was going on about that Alexei took off and left her with her toddler and being pregnant. Nothing really too deep or meaningful but just adding salt to the wound. I think Dad also wants them to have the TLC income   :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Mrs Hanson- as best I can remember, he just was going on about that Alexei took off and left her with her toddler and being pregnant. Nothing really too deep or meaningful but just adding salt to the wound. I think Dad also wants them to have the TLC income   :)

Thank you. 

I found Loren pretty annoying tonight, not sure if she is aware of how much she complains about nothing....maybe just her way of establishing her power or dominance?  Also found her behaviour with her friend when out for lunch, she wore no make-up and tried to portray how difficult her life is being a mother, seriously Loren?!?  She wanted a baby so bad and it was her choice so why try to make a friend feel sorry for you?  I normally like her enough but she was really annoying me tonight.  And now I'm trying to imagine Alexei's parents living with them  ~  uhoh 🥺

• Love 6
On 1/23/2022 at 2:57 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I missed last weeks episode but sounds like her Dad should just mind his own business.  If he was so concerned about Loren being on her own he should have come and helped her 😉

On 1/18/2022 at 8:36 PM, Jeanne222 said:

They really don't have much going for them do they.  Probably just one season then back to Pillow Talk.

Hope so!  

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, endure said:

I found Loren pretty annoying tonight, not sure if she is aware of how much she complains about nothing....maybe just her way of establishing her power or dominance?  Also found her behaviour with her friend when out for lunch, she wore no make-up and tried to portray how difficult her life is being a mother, seriously Loren?!?  She wanted a baby so bad and it was her choice so why try to make a friend feel sorry for you?  I normally like her enough but she was really annoying me tonight.  And now I'm trying to imagine Alexei's parents living with them  ~  uhoh 🥺

It was just so cringey. I love my kids, it took us a ridiculously long time to start a family thanks to years of infertility. But when I go out with single/childless friends, it’s about being with friends! Why complain you get no adult interaction and then spend the whole time complaining about it when you have them? And who cares that no one else in the mom class had 2 kids. Guarantee she’s not the only person who had 2 under 2. Hell i had 2 under 1… it’s not a competition. I dont know anyone else who had kids that close together. And she should have realized she was giving up her party lifestyle when she had kids. It sort of comes with the territory. Yea you don’t need to give up your life, but you’re not going to be able to stay out until 3 am anymore. Does she expect us to feel sorry for her?

• Love 5
On 1/17/2022 at 10:49 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Why would she call him over and over the night of the wedding?  He's with family and friends celebrating his cousins wedding!

I’m guessing this is total storyline/producer setup - both the timing & frequency of the alleged calls. In real life, if she called that many times when he knew SHE knew he was at the wedding he would have picked up or called back, thinking something might be wrong. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Useful 4

Loren pushed and pushed for babies right after the 'I do's '!  Alexei wanted to wait.  He was very nervous about passing on Lorens tic syndrum.

Loren pushed and pushed and now here we are!

Alexei can't breath!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Loren pushed and pushed for babies right after the 'I do's '!  Alexei wanted to wait.  He was very nervous about passing on Lorens tic syndrum.

Loren pushed and pushed and now here we are!

Alexei can't breath!

In fairness, I think it was Alex who wanted another child right away. And he wants a couple more.

They seem very happy to me, and still very much in love. I think they're a good match. And I don't think she's spoiled - for heaven's sake, she's had to deal with Tourette's since she was a kid.

I think some of their drama has been staged anyway, just to have some kind of storyline.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Because I know where they live (my parents used to live in that complex) I did some digging. It seems that they bought a 2nd condo on the same floor as theirs last March (for about the same price they bought their place 3 years ago), but its a 1 bedroom instead of 2, and a bit less square feet.  I think some of the filming was done in that unit, so I am sure that they wrote it off. I also think they bought it so that when his parents come they are living with them, but not really living with them.    it was also listed for rent,     

Edited by mom2two
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4

Loren mentioned twice that she was sad that she can't wear a "crop top" anymore with pregnancy/babies.

Please.

I guess she's still not going to give up the belly button piercing too.

Grow up.

Edited by seasons
Watch 90210 reruns for crop tops and belly rings.
  • Love 2

I am so ready to punch Loren in the face. Her constant whining and acting like she’s a victim because her husband went home for 8 fucking days?! Girl please. There’s a good chance Alex would have missed Shai’s first steps if he was at work, so why be so dramatic about it? Try having a husband in the military or not having a husband at all!! You’re an insult to women everywhere. Get this bitch off my television.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I like this couple!  I really teared up when Alex got off the plane and hugged his son and wife. 

I am right there with you. It was so sweet how Shai got so excited when he saw his Dad was back!

• Love 7
On 1/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, JeanJean said:

In fairness, I think it was Alex who wanted another child right away. And he wants a couple more.

They seem very happy to me, and still very much in love. I think they're a good match. And I don't think she's spoiled - for heaven's sake, she's had to deal with Tourette's since she was a kid.

I think some of their drama has been staged anyway, just to have some kind of storyline.

It was Alexei and the fact that he and her parents to a lesser extent seemed be putting pressure on her to have a second child so soon after the first and when she didn't seem completely recovered or ready still makes me sympathetic to her. 

• Love 7
On 1/24/2022 at 9:53 PM, FurBabyMama said:

It was just so cringey. I love my kids, it took us a ridiculously long time to start a family thanks to years of infertility. But when I go out with single/childless friends, it’s about being with friends! Why complain you get no adult interaction and then spend the whole time complaining about it when you have them? And who cares that no one else in the mom class had 2 kids. Guarantee she’s not the only person who had 2 under 2. Hell i had 2 under 1… it’s not a competition. I dont know anyone else who had kids that close together. And she should have realized she was giving up her party lifestyle when she had kids. It sort of comes with the territory. Yea you don’t need to give up your life, but you’re not going to be able to stay out until 3 am anymore. Does she expect us to feel sorry for her?

I know it’s like getting married and then complaining you have no variety in sexual partners.  Actions have consequences.

On 1/25/2022 at 3:43 AM, ChiMama said:

I’m guessing this is total storyline/producer setup - both the timing & frequency of the alleged calls. In real life, if she called that many times when he knew SHE knew he was at the wedding he would have picked up or called back, thinking something might be wrong. 

He said it was loud but yeah he could have stepped out into the hall or the restroom to return one of the multitude of calls for a couple minutes.  It seemed passive aggressive to ignore all of them.  He was trying to teach her a lesson.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I know it’s like getting married and then complaining you have no variety in sexual partners.  Actions have consequences.

He said it was loud but yeah he could have stepped out into the hall or the restroom to return one of the multitude of calls for a couple minutes.  It seemed passive aggressive to ignore all of them.  He was trying to teach her a lesson.

I agree that makes sense and Alexei seems like a very reasonable guy--------so that does make me wonder a bit if I am giving him more credit than he deserves? But nah, I still think it was fabricated drama for the show. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I agree that makes sense and Alexei seems like a very reasonable guy--------so that does make me wonder a bit if I am giving him more credit than he deserves? But nah, I still think it was fabricated drama for the show. 

Producers:  Hey Alexi please ignore all calls (maybe they even confiscated his phone for the duration of the wedding) so we get juicy footage of still another Loren meltdown over nothing.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 5