Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

It would be interesting when guest choreographers come in, to not separate the girls in blue and pink uniforms. I wonder if the colored tops influence who guest choreographers pick for their top 36. 

100% this. This is a great idea. I'd love to see a non-biased opinion on the girls. Would really be interesting to see which vets wouldn't be picked, by whom, and for what reasons.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

100% this. This is a great idea. I'd love to see a non-biased opinion on the girls. Would really be interesting to see which vets wouldn't be picked, by whom, and for what reasons.

There's no way last season half of them would've picked Madeline M. I'm not saying she's awful but even in clips of the rookies dancing, you can see her getting the choreo wrong in the background, yet they don't call her out much (apart from that one guest choreographer).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

There's no way last season half of them would've picked Madeline M. I'm not saying she's awful but even in clips of the rookies dancing, you can see her getting the choreo wrong in the background, yet they don't call her out much (apart from that one guest choreographer).

She's the definition of a blender. It's kind of fascinating—no leadership, no SG, no point, no triangle. She has even been a 2GL?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

She has not been a 2nd GL. 

Madeline's whole "I thought I did enough to get by" remark and mind frame when she got called out by that guest was very revealing, as others have said here. Before that, i felt kind of badly that she was such a blender. I will give her this: she's a pretty great DCC blender. She is photogenic with that dark hair and pretty blue eyes, has a great figure, usually has very clean lines, and has that vanilla something that just...blends pretty seamlessly into the DCC ensemble.

Did someone say here that Madeline M got a job with her old Notre Dame dance team?? Not too shabby! It also seems like the perfect Vanilla Blend brand dance team setting for her. Anyone recall if that's right and, if so, what her position is?

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, M1977G said:

She has not been a 2nd GL. 

Madeline's whole "I thought I did enough to get by" remark and mind frame when she got called out by that guest was very revealing, as others have said here. Before that, i felt kind of badly that she was such a blender. I will give her this: she's a pretty great DCC blender. She is photogenic with that dark hair and pretty blue eyes, has a great figure, usually has very clean lines, and has that vanilla something that just...blends pretty seamlessly into the DCC ensemble.

Did someone say here that Madeline M got a job with her old Notre Dame dance team?? Not too shabby! It also seems like the perfect Vanilla Blend brand dance team setting for her. Anyone recall if that's right and, if so, what her position is?

I she the one who said made her college team the first time but only made it back as alternate the 2nd year?

Just now, MrsEVH said:

I she the one who said made her college team the first time but only made it back as alternate the 2nd year?

No that was Molly 

Edited by Holly85

I don't think there's anything wrong with not having a leadership position, though.  The DCC is a huge demand on time as it is, so if you have a job or other interests that don't perfectly fit into the DCC sphere (dance coach, etc.) then I think doing enough is doing enough, you know?

I imagine quite a few women just love to dance, don't mind the appearances, and are happy to follow direction from the ones who really want those positions.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

This girl attended DCC prep classes - Aly Boekholder If she’s trying out, she looks pretty good. Has some power and nice technique. Also very pretty.

https://instagram.com/alyboekholder?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

She'd better take down those tik tok videos if she does.  She has a flipping off the camera video and we know how they feel about that.  Also... I'm  not impressed... but that's just my opinion.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Just popping in to hear the latest on which network will carry the show. 

With the Kardashians moving to Hulu , they spent the last two weeks with any newscaster that had a mike to tell their followers  where to watch and what will be different with the move with a new filming crew.

Haven't seen Kelli, Charlotte or perhaps Judy anywhere... Did I miss a grand announcement or commercial ? Maybe they too will need a year off , any network, to plan...

Edited by sATL
21 minutes ago, sATL said:

Just popping in to hear the latest on which network will carry the show. 

With the Kardashians moving to Hulu , they spent the last two weeks with any newscaster that had a mike to tell their followers  where to watch and what will be different with the move with a new filming crew.

Haven't seen Kelli, Charlotte or perhaps Judy anywhere... Did I miss a grand announcement or commercial ? Maybe they too will need a year off , any network, to plan...

No network as of yet 

• Love 2
On 4/13/2022 at 4:08 PM, MyTelf said:

So happy to (finally) watch season 13 MTT on Pluto!  Hope 14, 15, and 16 will be included very soon. 

Don’t know if you have seen them but I really started to lose interest as of season 14… yes there were some fine rookies in 15 but the odd Covid-MTT show and the disastrous cuts of 4 vets really killed all the fun for me. 

I still hang out on this board occasionally to keep up as I can’t fully let them go either, but still…..Deep down I’m not sorry for CMT pulling the plug as it hopefully creates new opportunities for a better tv show. 

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Don’t know if you have seen them but I really started to lose interest as of season 14… yes there were some fine rookies in 15 but the odd Covid-MTT show and the disastrous cuts of 4 vets really killed all the fun for me. 

I still hang out on this board occasionally to keep up as I can’t fully let them go either, but still…..Deep down I’m not sorry for CMT pulling the plug as it hopefully creates new opportunities for a better tv show. 

Has CMT officially canceled it?? 

nvm just saw the front page oops

Edited by PepperM
answered my own question
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

She'd better take down those tik tok videos if she does.  She has a flipping off the camera video and we know how they feel about that.  Also... I'm  not impressed... but that's just my opinion.

As my nana would say, she seems a little too big for her britches & she looks very old for someone who just graduated from college perhaps it’s the makeup, I’m not impressed either…

On 4/16/2022 at 3:14 PM, LilyD said:

I bought Season 15 and have never rewatched it. Just couldn’t do it after I heard what the did to those poor girls during covid no less. All the while letting some not participate, or do a one day audition.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I bought Season 15 and have never rewatched it. Just couldn’t do it after I heard what the did to those poor girls during covid no less. All the while letting some not participate, or do a one day audition.

Taylor j did a one day audition 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Taylor j did a one day audition 

I've heard one or two criticisms of Taylor's one day audition which I thought were very unfair. As TPTB explained it at the time it was a case of covid, career or cheerleader. Taylor was in a very difficult situation as a teacher in exceptional circumstances and would of had to make a choice between DCC and her career had that option not been available. I have a lot of admiration for her for persisting in difficult times. I only wish Brennan had also considered it as an option after two bouts of covid.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I've heard one or two criticisms of Taylor's one day audition which I thought were very unfair. As TPTB explained it at the time it was a case of covid, career or cheerleader. Taylor was in a very difficult situation as a teacher in exceptional circumstances and would of had to make a choice between DCC and her career had that option not been available. I have a lot of admiration for her for persisting in difficult times. I only wish Brennan had also considered it as an option after two bouts of covid.

Sources have said the option was only available to Taylor

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sources have said the option was only available to Taylor

The whole thing reeked of favoritism. Although Taylor has some strengths - pretty to look at, good kicks, good teammate and friendly personality, she is not strong in her solos or any particular area of dancing -  the standard they were holding her to was way lower than the rest. I prefer even across the board, and in some ways, I think Taylor should have bowed out after 2 years due to the obvious leniency she was getting and the unfairness of it all.

Secondly, Kelcey was in the "bubble" and she is a nurse. If anyone should have to make a choice between career and DCC during a pandemic.... why was she not doing a one day audition? Maybe Kelcey had time off work, but why would you apply "exceptional circumstances" to a teacher but not a healthcare worker? We certainly need all our healthcare workers working, just like teachers.

The whole situation as usual was shady and contradictory. I can't rewatch season 15 either. 

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

The whole thing reeked of favoritism. Although Taylor has some strengths - pretty to look at, good kicks, good teammate and friendly personality, she is not strong in her solos or any particular area of dancing -  the standard they were holding her to was way lower than the rest. I prefer even across the board, and in some ways, I think Taylor should have bowed out after 2 years due to the obvious leniency she was getting and the unfairness of it all.

Secondly, Kelcey was in the "bubble" and she is a nurse. If anyone should have to make a choice between career and DCC during a pandemic.... why was she not doing a one day audition? Maybe Kelcey had time off work, but why would you apply "exceptional circumstances" to a teacher but not a healthcare worker? We certainly need all our healthcare workers working, just like teachers.

The whole situation as usual was shady and contradictory. I can't rewatch season 15 either. 

To be honest kelcey was working at a Plastic surgeons office at that time pretty sure the same one Jackie bob Colleen worked at 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

To be honest kelcey was working at a Plastic surgeons office at that time pretty sure the same one Jackie bob Colleen worked at 

I knew she worked at an office, but certainly her nursing license is a ticket to work anywhere. And during a pandemic, her skill set was desperately needed. If we are going to give Taylor the teacher umbrella (she taught remotely on and off), than Kelcey gets the healthcare umbrella. Also, training camp is in summer. So.... was school in session in Texas or out on summer break?

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I knew she worked at an office, but certainly her nursing license is a ticket to work anywhere. And during a pandemic, her skill set was desperately needed. If we are going to give Taylor the teacher umbrella (she taught remotely on and off), than Kelcey gets the healthcare umbrella. Also, training camp is in summer. So.... was school in session in Texas or out on summer break?

Teachers had to start reporting to the schools around that time  !! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Heather O and Rachel A.....lol

Oh and Lauren P 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Teachers had to start reporting to the schools around that time  !! 

Ugh my memory is so bad. Wasn't the audition in the bubble for VETS something like a week- two at most? and was this in July 2020?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Ugh my memory is so bad. Wasn't the audition in the bubble for VETS something like a week- two at most? and was this in July 2020?

Yeah it was like two weekends and one full week 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Posted on here

image.thumb.png.9653564304c5e8fbb1c43db737890178.png

She was by her own description a "take home girl" she had memory problems and needed to practice the routines more. I'm sure this factored into her decision to take time off during training camp.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

I think it's fair Taylor was granted a one day audition.

Brennan Lily Hannah's cut's shouldn't be a reason to criticize her

Supposedly, Brennan and Hannah were also offered the chance to take a year off and come back the next, but, no matter which decision they made, it would have been held against them by Kelli (and possibly Charlotte and Judy).  If they chose to attend Training Camp, they ran the risk of getting cut (which happened, and I don't buy the reasons Kelli chose) or they chose not to come that year and come back the next, they ran the risk of Kelli deciding they, as vets, weren't committed enough to the team (or whatever BS she chooses when she feels someone isn't living the DCC 24/7 and making it the entire focus of their world).

• Love 13

honestly the taylor audition is still odd to me because it's not like you'd cut someone based on a 'one-day' audition—there's just not enough to assess, yeah? so i feel like it goes the other way, like, is one day enough to prove you should get your spot back? i mean i'm sure they'd never have cut her anyway, but i find it kind of annoying lol. but i'm biased because i feel like taylor is super boring and isn't she bffs with kelli's daughter? 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, tteek74 said:

They should have never had auditions and just did a vet-only squad that year. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, Kamal said:

I think it's fair Taylor was granted a one day audition.

Brennan Lily Hannah's cut's shouldn't be a reason to criticize her

Is anyone connecting the two? My criticism of the one-day audition and Taylor choosing to re-audition stands alone regardless of who they cut in TC.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

honestly the taylor audition is still odd to me because it's not like you'd cut someone based on a 'one-day' audition—there's just not enough to assess, yeah? so i feel like it goes the other way, like, is one day enough to prove you should get your spot back? i mean i'm sure they'd never have cut her anyway, but i find it kind of annoying lol. but i'm biased because i feel like taylor is super boring and isn't she bffs with kelli's daughter? 

They should have done it the same way for all of the vets. One of the conditions of auditioning is you have to be able to make to training camp. Can't make it to trainging canp, too bad maybe you'll be able to try out next year. It sounds harsh, but changing things for one or a few is when you start running into problems.

Going to let one have a one-day audition? Have them all do a one-day audition (and don't offer it as a supposed "option" because we all know they are treated differently and, for some, choosing the one-day option (or taking a year off) would not have been looked at favourably. They also could have done the vets auditions over a couple of weekends if they wanted to accomodate a teacher's schedule. Just keep it the same for everyone.

• Love 14

I'm just a girl, hoping some other network picks up a new DCC show so I can watch these auditions and this year's training camp as I have for the past decade. Kelli, come through!

• Love 12

Let’s be honest, i truly think that Kelli goes into  audition season knowing full well which vets she is planning to cut.  They could pirouette and leap across the floor like Baryshnikov and she would come up with a “reason”. 

Edited by njcate
Spelling corrections !
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, M1977G said:

I'm just a girl, hoping some other network picks up a new DCC show so I can watch these auditions and this year's training camp as I have for the past decade. Kelli, come through!

I am checking here daily for good news! 

• Love 6
On 4/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, njcate said:

Let’s be honest, i truly think that Kelli goes into  audition season knowing full well which vets she is planning to cut.  They could pirouette and leap across the floor like Baryshnikov and she would come up with a “reason”. 

I think you're right.   My guess is Kelli comes to tryouts with a cut list, probably from seeing vets at events, the classes, and with input from the different choreographers and dance instructors.  Then adds anyone who comes to finals out of shape, or that she simply doesn't like, and adds them to the ones she's ready to wave buy-bye to, and has a list of the candidates she wants to see, plus the ones with the interesting back stories. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 4/19/2022 at 10:39 AM, vanillagum said:

I'm sure her being friends with Samantha had a lot to do with it. 

Remember rookie Allie who was cut for weight going into her 2nd season? She was supposedly friends with Charlotte's daughter Haley.  I guess that didn't help her at all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Remember rookie Allie who was cut for weight going into her 2nd season? She was supposedly friends with Charlotte's daughter Haley.  I guess that didn't help her at all.

Did they even comment on Allie's weight? I can't even remember what the actual cut reason was, at least what they said on tv

1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Did they even comment on Allie's weight?

Yeah, they did the infamous close-up of her stomach 🤨

I have a similar build, so I always had a soft spot for her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, they did the infamous close-up of her stomach 🤨

I have a similar build, so I always had a soft spot for her.

Here's a picture of Allie when she auditioned for the KC Chiefs cheerleaders after getting cut from the DCC. 

image.thumb.png.cf200e3c67cbfae6d750b4a648c344f7.png

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Here's a picture of Allie when she auditioned for the KC Chiefs cheerleaders after getting cut from the DCC. 

image.thumb.png.cf200e3c67cbfae6d750b4a648c344f7.png

She made it to finals the one time she auditioned for them she never tried again 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1