Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Also here rooting for S15 Cassie and S16 Kylie and Bre. 

Bre looks fantastic in Jen A’s classes. Very clean and strong dancing.  She has a very pretty face and smile too, but I think she could use some curls or something done to her hair to give her more glamor maybe. Or just styled to keep it out of her face more so you can see her facial expressions? Anyway she is one I’m routing for this year. Kylie is just adorable and I felt for Cassie when she didn’t make it to training camp last year. Also love Mel, Ashley and Cailey.   I’m starting to like Kya too based on how she’s doing in Jen’s classes too. Can’t forget Victoria either. Basically I am going to be an absolute mess this year because there is no way all of them are going to make the team. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I also saw in one of her comments that Lisa said she was going go audition again.  Definitely not my favorite, and it was very telling that so few current DCC's comment on her instagram, so curious to see what happens there.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Stee said:

I also saw in one of her comments that Lisa said she was going go audition again.  Definitely not my favorite, and it was very telling that so few current DCC's comment on her instagram, so curious to see what happens there.  

I see them comment and she won’t audition if her doctor doesn’t think it’s a good idea or if she isn’t cleared to do so by doctor 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Bre looks fantastic in Jen A’s classes. Very clean and strong dancing.  She has a very pretty face and smile too, but I think she could use some curls or something done to her hair to give her more glamor maybe. Or just styled to keep it out of her face more so you can see her facial expressions? Anyway she is one I’m routing for this year. Kylie is just adorable and I felt for Cassie when she didn’t make it to training camp last year. Also love Mel, Ashley and Cailey.   I’m starting to like Kya too based on how she’s doing in Jen’s classes too. Can’t forget Victoria either. Basically I am going to be an absolute mess this year because there is no way all of them are going to make the team. 

I really like Bre!  Her problem is going to be standing out in a sea of great candidates.

So many of these potential TCCs are short - taller ones are going to have an edge if Jada returns. Even though Kelli hasn't said it on camera, I still think she wants a variety of heights for the perfect kick line. Jada is going to stick out even more with Taylor now retired.  Who else is fairly tall on the team? Jessica? Tori? Doesn't seem like enough. If Jada doesn't retire, Kelli will make sure to have a few taller TCCs, and unfortunately the majority of that whole group - Bre, Amanda Mel, Kylie, Cassie, etc. are pretty short. Ashley was fairly tall. Cailey and Kya somewhere in the middle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/19/2022 at 11:39 PM, JC2468 said:

Sorry if this was already asked BUT who are y'all excited to see come back this year?

Ashley, Cailey, Kylie, Ava (if she does), Bre and Cassie.  Cassie lives with DCCs ... she should have this down and I would love to see her get at least one season with her friends 😃

• Love 3
On 1/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, Stee said:

Lisa is my least favorite DCC of all time. There's something about her I just don't like.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Lisa is my least favorite DCC of all time. There's something about her I just don't like.

I’m so curious what the current team thinks about Lisa and Victoria coming back. Do either of them have friends on the team? 

• Love 7

If Viktoria and/or Lisa make it back to the team, would they be considered 3rd year Vets?  Meaning, they'd be a year 'less' than Chandi/Kelsey/Kat, and in the same 'year' as the Covid Bubble girls like Armani, Claire, etc?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Stee said:

If Viktoria and/or Lisa make it back to the team, would they be considered 3rd year Vets?  Meaning, they'd be a year 'less' than Chandi/Kelsey/Kat, and in the same 'year' as the Covid Bubble girls like Armani, Claire, etc?

Yes they would be 3rd years 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, erikaelvis said:

I captured this photo of victoria on ig. She was doing an ad for some make up.  I CAN NOT believe how different she looks without makeup.  Its astounding.  Also Not a fan of hers at all but her arms look fantastic.

IMG_4640.PNG

Tbh... She has the courage to post herself with no makeup on and that says a lot! I can tell she's really worked on her confidence!

• Love 12
On 1/26/2022 at 6:33 AM, Lynnbo said:
On 1/25/2022 at 11:37 PM, Survivor197 said:

Also here rooting for S15 Cassie and S16 Kylie and Bre. 

Bre looks fantastic in Jen A’s classes. Very clean and strong dancing.

I didn't see last season, so I don't know her, but I agree, she's fun to watch.

• Love 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZR_1hnOruT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
No reason Megan and Lea shouldn't make show group next year. Damn, those two excel at showmanship. They are basically models of how a DCC should dance here, Lea is on fire.

Elli is technically fine, but maybe she was tired in this. Lea and Megan are the standouts.

Second slide - Bre looks cute, is that Madisyn last year's TCC in the middle? You can tell these three aren't vets, not quite there yet.

Third slide - Jenn joins in, her and Victoria are pros, of course they are looking good. But Victoria's hair - it's too much and distracting. By this point, I am pretty sure she is never going to change it 🤷‍♀️

Jenn has been promoting Victoria a lot on her instagram, clearly pulling for her and her comeback. She even gets the hashtag #VKlooksgreatthough 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

No reason Megan and Lea shouldn't make show group next year. Damn, those two excel at showmanship. They are basically models of how a DCC should dance here, Lea is on fire.

Elli is technically fine, but maybe she was tired in this. Lea and Megan are the standouts.

Second slide - Bre looks cute, is that Madisyn last year's TC in the middle? You can tell these three aren't vets, not quite there yet.

Third slide - Jenn joins in, her and Victoria are pros, of course they are looking good. But Victoria's hair - it's too much and distracting. By this point, I am pretty sure she is never going to change it 🤷‍♀️

Jenn has been promoting Victoria a lot on her instagram, clearly pulling for her and her comeback. She even gets the hashtag #VKlooksgreatthough 

LEA omg😍😍 Showmanship is 100000% right. She commands attention. I like her hair too as well 

Edited by dfwxo
  • Love 22
39 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Second slide - Bre looks cute, is that Madisyn last year's TCC in the middle? You can tell these three aren't vets, not quite there yet.

No it’s bre Emily and Madalyn from lsu 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

If Victoria is really her A++ self, why does she wear baggy T-shirts every time? You know if she had it, she’d be flaunting it. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Tbh... She has the courage to post herself with no makeup on and that says a lot! I can tell she's really worked on her confidence!

I don’t think lack of confidence was ever VKs problem. 

That being said I do think she is gorgeous without all the heavy DCC make up. 

• Love 12

Has DCC confirmed the dates of this year's tryouts? Trying to workout who might be leaving and whether Madeline S is going to be cut or not. VK's dancing is still either a little behind or everyone else is behind and shes ahead. But shes not as clumsy as before but meh.

I haven't watched season 16 but did K and J tell Lisa to come back? I know she confirmed shes trying out but I don't think she would make the cut in the way that she might do a little permanent damage to her shoulders going back to dancing so soon. May is not that far away but she said she wasn't all that ood last week or week before with her shoulder. sounds like it is playing up here and there since surgery etc

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Has DCC confirmed the dates of this year's tryouts? Trying to workout who might be leaving and whether Madeline S is going to be cut or not. VK's dancing is still either a little behind or everyone else is behind and shes ahead. But shes not as clumsy as before but meh.

I haven't watched season 16 but did K and J tell Lisa to come back? I know she confirmed shes trying out but I don't think she would make the cut in the way that she might do a little permanent damage to her shoulders going back to dancing so soon. May is not that far away but she said she wasn't all that ood last week or week before with her shoulder. sounds like it is playing up here and there since surgery etc

When Lisa left Judy said to her " be our Dak Prescott" which I took to mean come back. K&J discussed the injury and said it was possible she might come back. Recent comments on her IG seem to hint that she is not yet fully recovered but there is still time before auditions. The problem with the new style auditions is that we will only really see the successful candidates and not see why a candidate was unsuccessful if they don't make it to training camp.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Like the girls in the first slide.  They are performing very well but could use another year or so to REALLY dial it up and look amazing.  Not sure who the redhead is in the second slide but she's just okay.  She seems to be just going through the motions and not really selling us the dance.  Plus she's not smiling or looking like she's having fun.  Jenn is outperforming Victoria by a LOT in the third slide.  I'm watching HER instead of Victoria.  Jen is still clean, sharp and precise while Victoria is still lacking that same precision, like she isn't QUITE finishing her moves.  Maybe it's because she's behind just enough that it shows.  Made me think she knows the dance but isn't quite sure and is watching Jenn in the mirror to get it right.

• Love 3
On 1/19/2022 at 6:26 AM, ByTor said:

@TheGenuineBeauty, thanks, I couldn't find any pictures of Victoria with her season 13 hair. She doesn't need the bleach & she doesn't need the extensions, she looked awesome there. Not that she looks bad now, she just looks like every other bleached blonde on the squad.

She needs makeup/hair advice from anyone other than her 80s support system. That pink lipstick is soooooo dated & just bad... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Jenn ALWAYS struck me as the ultimate suck up and this just solidifies it for me. her head is planted so firmly up TPTB bums it sickening. Veruca auditioning is a mere formality imo. Maybe i'm wrong but I don't see that her spot isn't a lock already...

• Love 20

16 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Lea literally has my dream body!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2022 at 12:32 PM, StellaCL said:

I really like Bre!  Her problem is going to be standing out in a sea of great candidates.

So many of these potential TCCs are short - taller ones are going to have an edge if Jada returns. Even though Kelli hasn't said it on camera, I still think she wants a variety of heights for the perfect kick line. Jada is going to stick out even more with Taylor now retired.  Who else is fairly tall on the team? Jessica? Tori? Doesn't seem like enough. If Jada doesn't retire, Kelli will make sure to have a few taller TCCs, and unfortunately the majority of that whole group - Bre, Amanda Mel, Kylie, Cassie, etc. are pretty short. Ashley was fairly tall. Cailey and Kya somewhere in the middle.

How do we know Taylor is retiring? Do we have a full list already? I’ve been a little MIA lately, sorry!

15 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Why would Madeline be cut? 

8 minutes ago, PepperM said:

How do we know Taylor is retiring? Do we have a full list already? I’ve been a little MIA lately, sorry!

No full list Taylor announced this being her last year at the start of auditions Lexie is retiring also amber m is also retiring but other then that no one else has announced 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PepperM said:

Do you really think Kelli will let two legacy on the squad at the present moment? The last time two or more legacy was on the squad TOGETHER was when Cassie Trammell and Meredith Oden was on the squad. 

Dayton's second year trying out there was THREE legacy trying out but only Dayton and VK was shown. The third wasn't even shown at all. There was a girl who tried out a couple years after, Cassie/Meredith retired, but this was about 2 or 3 years before Dayton first year of tryout, whose mom was Natasha something who was a DCC for 1 or 2 years in 1984 and she didn't even make it to finals and she was "upset" about it and said on camera that she was going to have to go home and tell her mom that "she wasn't going to be able to put her pic next to hers because she wasn't good enough" 

The year Dayton and VK tried out Dayton got cut, she wasn't "the best" dancer but she was a better dancer than VK that year and Kelli was willing to cut Dayton but turned an eye over VK gaining 15 pounds and let VK stay till like a day or 2 before announcing the squad before cutting her over her lies and actions towards Jinelle.

We all know that VK would be "favoured" by Kelli. Look at what happend to Jayln she lost her show group spot because of VK (or speculation was because Judy had the list of show group and Jaylyn was crossed out and VK written over it). Whats the chances VK won't attempt to sabotage Madeline to get her cut?

We never got to see prelims or semis or finals on the show last year, which I was PISSED about because I wanted to see Kelsey Lowrance and why she was cut this time around!!! (she can't have been that bad could she? Unless she said 50 yards on a football field AGAIN lol!!!!) 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

No full list Taylor announced this being her last year at the start of auditions Lexie is retiring also amber m is also retiring but other then that no one else has announced 

So I take it no word from Jalyn yet?

20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So I take it no word from Jalyn yet?

I think they have til the end of next month to decide I’ve heard rumors of two others but it’s not concrete

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

She announced it on social media (sorry, can't remember which one).

1 hour ago, PepperM said:

This is only speculation, but Kelli doesn't want any competition for Victoria.  It was rumored that, after Cassie Trammell and Meredith Oden were on the team together, Kelli decided only one legacy on the team at a time.  It was never explicitly stated that this was the case, but, after seeing the past few years (seasons 13, 14 and 15), it's likely the case.  If I remember correctly, the legacy that tried out between Cassie/Meredith and Victoria/Dayton/Madeline not only had technique/dance issues, but she had a "reputation" (I seem to remember hearing that she was in some sort of sex-related industry, maybe stripping or something more licentious like soft-core movies; can't remember what, but it would have been seriously damaging to the DCC image if she made the squad and her past came out OR she kept doing it while a DCC).

Anywho, the whole rumor of "one legacy at a time" gained more traction when Kelli heavily favored Victoria over Dayton.  Kelli seemed to be all over Dayton for technique, not enough power, etc., and even went as far as to say something along the lines of "you won't make the squad because of who you know/are related to", but heavily praised Victoria despite dance technique issues, weight issues, lying to Jinelle (and even to Kelli's face), etc.  No wonder Dayton was having issues when she was being criticized all the time.  It was speculated that Dayton was better overall then Victoria and Kelli was looking for reasons to cut her so was more harsh then necessary to make it happen (and to have one less person standing between Victoria and a spot on the squad).

While Madeline wasn't given the same treatment, she was, in a way, more direct competition for Victoria then Dayton.  Both Madeline and Victoria are similar in appearance (tall, leggy blondes), have similar technique and abilities, etc.  There was speculation Kelli was looking for reasons to either keep Madeline out of Training Camp altogether or cut her as soon as possible that year because of her resemblance to Victoria  Then Madeline didn't even make Training Camp the next year, allegedly for the same reasons.  Then, all of a sudden, she not only makes it to Training Camp, but the squad the ONE year Victoria isn't on the squad? This, and many other reasons, are why people think that Madeline will be cut if Victoria tries out again (especially if Kelli is still determined to put her back on the squad) plus the whole "two legacies are not allowed to be on the squad at once" rumor.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I also think this 1 legacy rule is something we made up and is not true at all.

It's just coinsidence.

It may just be coincidence and change, but I do remember hearing that someone not on this site mentioned it (maybe Meredith Oden's mom?) and that they were a former DCC.  Whether or not it's true is another matter and something that Kelli will never admit to even if it IS true and something she subscribes to.

4 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

There was a girl who tried out a couple years after, Cassie/Meredith retired, but this was about 2 or 3 years before Dayton first year of tryout, whose mom was Natasha something who was a DCC for 1 or 2 years in 1984 and she didn't even make it to finals and she was "upset" about it and said on camera that she was going to have to go home and tell her mom that "she wasn't going to be able to put her pic next to hers because she wasn't good enough" 

Nadia.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

We never got to see prelims or semis or finals on the show last year, which I was PISSED about because I wanted to see Kelsey Lowrance and why she was cut this time around!!! (she can't have been that bad could she? Unless she said 50 yards on a football field AGAIN lol!!!!) 

That may be one of the main reasons TPTB like the new audition process so much. The other auditioners are not there to see the competition or the criteria that leads to individual selections. All we the audience get is a TC list and the assurance that the talent is off the scale this year.

• Love 8
On 1/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, Holly85 said:

Thanks! Bummed to see Amber retiring as well but I know she’s getting married so that makes sense. At least she made 2GL before she leaves. 

The whole legacy thing just seems silly to me. It’s one thing for Madeline to have been VK’s competition bc they’re both tall, blonde, and fair, but like, that’s a significant portion of the team at this point so it’s not like Kelli can really make an argument for that. Legacies being on the team would seem like a positive PR thing to me - if they’re an asset to the sisterhood, good dancers, good ambassadors, et cetera, why would you NOT want them on the team? What a good story! What good puff pieces for your org to push to local and national media! What wholesome mother-daughter content to pump out to your conservative base! Like that’s a no-brainer to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Thanks! Bummed to see Amber retiring as well but I know she’s getting married so that makes sense. At least she made 2GL before she leaves. 

The whole legacy thing just seems silly to me. It’s one thing for Madeline to have been VK’s competition bc they’re both tall, blonde, and fair, but like, that’s a significant portion of the team at this point so it’s not like Kelli can really make an argument for that. Legacies being on the team would seem like a positive PR thing to me - if they’re an asset to the sisterhood, good dancers, good ambassadors, et cetera, why would you NOT want them on the team? What a good story! What good puff pieces for your org to push to local and national media! What wholesome mother-daughter content to pump out to your conservative base! Like that’s a no-brainer to me. 

Hmmmm I’m sure they both can make the squad at the same time as I don’t believe in the whole only one legacy stuff 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I feel like 3 is the maximum number of returning TCCs K and J give a second chance so I'm arguing with myself which three I'll pick. (not a rule but I they won't invite too much back)

My favorites are 

Ava, Kylie, Ashly, Cassie.

I think Ashly is a favorite of K and J so she'll probably be able to be back as long as she shows improvement. Her look perfect and is different from the current Black girls on the team so she won't be a blender as for appearance.  

I like Kylie and Cassie because I think they are the prettiest blonds of the cut TCCs. 

• Love 2
On 1/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, EricaShadows said:

This, and many other reasons, are why people think that Madeline will be cut if Victoria tries out again (especially if Kelli is still determined to put her back on the squad) plus the whole "two legacies are not allowed to be on the squad at once" rumor.

Is this the rumor Dr. Manhattan said would be coming out soon?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I feel like 3 is the maximum number of returning TCCs K and J give a second chance so I'm arguing with myself which three I'll pick. (not a rule but I they won't invite too much back)

My favorites are 

Ava, Kylie, Ashly, Cassie.

I think Ashly is a favorite of K and J so she'll probably be able to be back as long as she shows improvement. Her look perfect and is different from the current Black girls on the team so she won't be a blender as for appearance.  

I like Kylie and Cassie because I think they are the prettiest blonds of the cut TCCs. 

Oh this! There are only two seasons I can think off of the top of my head that they took 3 cut TCCs back. 

Season 13:  Brennan, Erin, and Madeline M.

Season 16: Tori, Ashlinn, Madeline S.

Only 3 next season seems harsh! I would probably invite all of them back from season 16, except Erin, the first TCC cut, and Ashley, who I like just fine, but needs improve dramatically to take a spot again.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

The problem with two legacies being VK & Madeline is that being an ambassador is not necessarily in VK’s bag of skills. Madeline would be gracefully answering questions with poise & articulate answers while VK…”I have no answers!”

"I mean, did she really think about it before she said it" (paraphrased) ...Kashara

• Applause 1
  • Love 5