Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I watched the video & all I can think of is that poor rabbit Kim is petting & the cat that Kanye gave her.

Wait for the sneeze, or the subtle scratching ... a remark about itchy eyes... Then bunny go bye bye.

According to @Chartnews the "Genuis" Kanye's album TLOP suffered the second largest drop in sales in history... "@KanyeWest The Life of Pablo earns the largest 2nd-week percentage sales drop for #1-debuting albums (95%) - from 28k to 1k.

4:04pm - 17 Apr 16

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 2

A fan just filed a class action lawsuit against Kayne and Tidal, charging that he said his album The Life of Pablo would be exclusive to the Tidal music streaming service, a "trick" that resulted in a couple of million fans paying 9.99 to sign up for the service. Less than a month later, however, Kayne made the album available on many other sources such as Spotify, Apple, Google and Kayne's own website. Kayne is accused of deception and Tidal accused of collectng an estimated $84 million due to the deception, plus benefiting from the capture of personal data (credit card numbers, social media information, etc.) on all the new subscribers.

Looks to me like there is a strong case against Kayne. Kim better get out her checkbook and transfer some more money to their joint account for his legal fees.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/04/18/fan-sues-kanye-west-tidal-over-new-album-the-life-of-pablo/83186838/

Disgruntled fan sues Kanye West, Tidal over 'The Life of Pablo'

Many mainstream media sources are running the story. Some others include:

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/kanye-west-tricked-fans-into-subscribing-to-tidal-lawsuit-claims-1201755580/

Kanye West Tricked Fans Into Subscribing to Tidal, Lawsuit Claims

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-18/apnewsbreak-man-sues-kanye-west-tidal-over-new-album

Man Sues Kanye West, Tidal, Over New Album

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-kanyewest-jayz-tidal-idUSKCN0XF2FG

Fan sues Kanye West, Jay Z's Tidal over 'Pablo' album

• Love 2

I've never used Tidal but isn't there a free trial you can cancel after so 30 days?

Yes, but it was released other places 6 weeks after it was released on Tidal, so they were past the point of the free trial.

Anyone dumb enough to fall for Kanye's lines kinda deserves it.    I mean what are their damages?    Would a reasonable person have believed this?   It's actually only a slighter stronger case than the Pats fans who sued the NFL for taking away draft picks.   So what if it caused the company to be saved, how were the individual subscribers hurt?

On the other hand, the suit also names Jay-Z.    I can see the Carters distancing themselves more and more from this trainwreck of a family.  

Biggest delusional DB on the face of the earth. He is so far up his own behind he has no idea what's around him.  He, along with the K family will never stop talking/posing/showing nude pics/etc.  He's on board with this crazy train.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Nothing screams HAPPY MOTHERS DAY like a string ensemble playing a song about an impoverished girl to two millionaires.   

At least it's not the usual wall of flowers. 

I'm shocked he didn't interrupt them with some rendition of his "you're so awesome" ode to Kim.

• Love 1

I was reading about this on TMZ & apparently the string orchestra was "arranged by North West" so the musical choices make sense. Now if I could just figure out why Kim has her hair in cornrows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah...nothing as beautiful as something so ready and packaged for social media.

Granted, even if he just got her 1 red rose, she would have 20 pictures of it on social media.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, howmanywords said:

God help me but I actually thought the orchestra thing was beautiful and a nice idea. North must have loved them playing Let It Go.

I  thought it was nice too. Much better than him just buying her something like another huge piece of diamond jewelry or another luxury car. The music was something they could all enjoy.

Contrast that experience with Scott. We didn't hear that he did anything for Kourtney, mother of his three children, on Mother's Day. For that matter, we didn't hear anything about a Mother's Day party, luncheon or anything for Kris. She's the one who keeps them all rich with her hustling and her deals. They should be groveling and kissing her feet on Mother's Day.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I  thought it was nice too. Much better than him just buying her something like another huge piece of diamond jewelry or another luxury car. The music was something they could all enjoy.

Contrast that experience with Scott. We didn't hear that he did anything for Kourtney, mother of his three children, on Mother's Day. For that matter, we didn't hear anything about a Mother's Day party, luncheon or anything for Kris. She's the one who keeps them all rich with her hustling and her deals. They should be groveling and kissing her feet on Mother's Day.

You know she'd rather have gotten some gaudy ass expensive jewelry or one of a kind item, anything with lots of zero's in the price.   There's nothing sentimental in her mercenary heart. It's all about the money.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, iwasish said:

You know she'd rather have gotten some gaudy ass expensive jewelry or one of a kind item, anything with lots of zero's in the price.   There's nothing sentimental in her mercenary heart. It's all about the money.

That's the funny part about it. It's not like Kim appreciates talent or art, so she was probably pissed that Kanye did something thoughtful rather than buy her some obscenely priced piece of jewelry she could brag about on Instagram.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

That's the funny part about it. It's not like Kim appreciates talent or art, so she was probably pissed that Kanye did something thoughtful rather than buy her some obscenely priced piece of jewelry she could brag about on Instagram.

Have we ever seen the hand painted purse that North gave her? She was about as enthused over that as Kris was over the  car make over Corey gave her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mr Kanye "genius" West claims he loves Kim, but then he goes and says this about her...  (Taken from Radar On-line) In THat Part,” 38-year-old West raps, “I just left the strip club, got some glitter on me, Wifey gonna to kill me, she the female OJ.  To compare your loving wife to a killer (alleged) is wrong. How can Kim sit there and let him do that to her and her kids.  He seems to insult her in his songs constantly and it's not right  

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/kanye-west-that-part-lyrics-schoolboy-q-kim-kardashian-female-oj-simpson/

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 3

Wow, that is disgusting and distasteful considering Kris was close friends with Nicole and Kim grew up with the Simpson children.

I can't believe Kim lets him make a fool of her like this. Her self-esteem must be in the gutter.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that is disgusting and distasteful considering Kris was close friends with Nicole and Kim grew up with the Simpson children.

I can't believe Kim lets him make a fool of her like this. Her self-esteem must be in the gutter.

But she's with "Kanye West"!!! 

Thats what matters. She got herself a successful rapper!! She's high society now. The things he says about her are all endearments. He's creative and a genius!! 

Remember when it was suggested that she give Khloe one of her embryos?  And she snapped back with how valuable they are because they're Kanye West's" ?  

She, at one time, had a reputation as fairly sweet and easy to work with, since taking up with him she's gotten an overdeveloped sense of importance and a sense of entitlement. 

• Love 3
On May 14, 2016 at 5:01 PM, RoxieBear73 said:

Mr Kanye "genius" West claims he loves Kim, but then he goes and says this about her...  (Taken from Radar On-line) In THat Part,” 38-year-old West raps, “I just left the strip club, got some glitter on me, Wifey gonna to kill me, she the female OJ.  To compare your loving wife to a killer (alleged) is wrong. How can Kim sit there and let him do that to her and her kids.  He seems to insult her in his songs constantly and it's not right  

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/kanye-west-that-part-lyrics-schoolboy-q-kim-kardashian-female-oj-simpson/

Wow, this might be the worst thing he's said yet. And that's saying a lot. Utterly sick and disgusting.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wow, this might be the worst thing he's said yet. And that's saying a lot. Utterly sick and disgusting.

I have a hard time believing he goes to strip clubs,  I find him, despite his foul lyrics, totally devoid of any kind of sexiness. Since Kim is similarly lacking, they make a perfect couple.

• Love 7

Kim was rumored to have been pissed about the song where he insulted Wendy Williams and begged him not to release it, as it turned out Kanye ended up not releasing it so I'm trying to imagine how she furious to has to feel about this song.   I'm curious to see if it gets much traction. Not that long ago on Snapchat Kim was wearing this pretty necklace and mentioned it was something Nicole gave to Kris.

If you have to keep ranting and telling everyone (from radio spots to talk show K lovers) how much of a genius you are, are you really a genius?  He should have been made to stop at "What's The Point of Speaking". He's not even remotely in the same categories of those, who have died, he mentioned at all.  Kanye has talent but all we see is a self absorbed, egomaniac, arrogant, jackass, and overall lunatic.  Never liked him but I always thought he had talent.  Drop that K-Family and go back to when you were good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, AndySmith said:

EW's article about Kanye's appearance on Ellen. Very...interesting.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/19/kanye-west-ellen-rant

from the article:

“They try to position it through the media in some way that I’m like… whatever your friends might say,” West said of the perceptions that follow him around. “I care about people. I care – my dad lived in homeless shelters less than five years ago. He’s a psych major. My mom was the first black female chair of the english department at Chicago State University. I was raised to do something, to make a difference.”

What exactly has he made a "difference" in? Does he think his clothing "designs" improve people's lives? Or that his rants feed the hungry? Or dictating what clothing people are allowed to wear when they have dinner at his house? How does this freak think he's made a difference?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GaT said:

from the article:

“They try to position it through the media in some way that I’m like… whatever your friends might say,” West said of the perceptions that follow him around. “I care about people. I care – my dad lived in homeless shelters less than five years ago. He’s a psych major. My mom was the first black female chair of the english department at Chicago State University. I was raised to do something, to make a difference.”

What exactly has he made a "difference" in? Does he think his clothing "designs" improve people's lives? Or that his rants feed the hungry? Or dictating what clothing people are allowed to wear when they have dinner at his house? How does this freak think he's made a difference?

His dad was in homeless shelters? Kanye couldn't spare any of his 53 million that he spent on rags to put the guy in an apartment? And if daddy is a psych major, living in homeless shelters,  maybe there's something  else going on there? Maybe some kind of imbalance?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

maybe there's something  else going on there? Maybe some kind of imbalance?

Which Kanye has obviously inherited. 

• Love 6

Here is a thought Kanye, if you want to make a difference go do it, instead of these rants/tweets about how you would if only you had more resources. Please like you do not have any "resources". What did Stephen Colbert call him, a visionary toddler? Also, Kanye wants to eliminate bullying with his clothing line? I would think that would incite more bullying. Kanye is nowhere near being a Steve Jobs, Michael Jackson, or the other people that he keeps bringing up repeatedly.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Thank you for going there. I was trying to make my point with subtlety. 

You were using the words "subtlety" & "Kanye West" in the same thought? LOL