Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, GaT said:

You were using the words "subtlety" & "Kanye West" in the same thought? LOL

I'll give it another try..... His mother was head of the English Department.

• Love 2

One problem with Kanye is that he wants to do everything in a grandiose, boastful way, always keeping himself front and center. He may be very sincere in wanting to make a difference and improve people’s lives but that can be done quietly and modestly by becoming a focused, charitable force behind the scenes for even a few causes that he feels passionate about. He should take a look at the way Prince used his resources as well as his influence to improve the lives of countless people over the years, and all of this he did privately without fanfare and publicity. He didn’t want any accolades; he just wanted to help and he found ways to do so.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Veronique Bette said:

One problem with Kanye is that he wants to do everything in a grandiose, boastful way, always keeping himself front and center. He may be very sincere in wanting to make a difference and improve people’s lives but that can be done quietly and modestly by becoming a focused, charitable force behind the scenes for even a few causes that he feels passionate about. He should take a look at the way Prince used his resources as well as his influence to improve the lives of countless people over the years, and all of this he did privately without fanfare and publicity. He didn’t want any accolades; he just wanted to help and he found ways to do so.

(Bolded mine)  I couldn't agree more!  I just don't think it's possible for a man with a God complex to do anything without the resulting accolades as motivation, so I don't see Yeezy doing any anonymous acts of kindness anytime soon - and that's too bad.  I think his narcissistic, greedy wife and her narcissistic, greedy family would shut that idea down in seconds, anyway.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8

As his latest rant shows, Kanye's crazy knows few, if any bounds. Serves Ellen right, IMO. She should know by now that letting Kanye go unchallenged will backfire and it did, big-time. Kanye's comparing himself to Steve Jobs & Michael Jackson is delusional, at best. If Kanye really cared about using his fame for good, then he would do it without acting like a deranged asshole.  Re "That Part," the only nice thing I can say about it is that at least Yeezy's not bragging about fucking Kim against a sink this time.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DollEyes said:

As his latest rant shows, Kanye's crazy knows few, if any bounds. Serves Ellen right, IMO. She should know by now that letting Kanye go unchallenged will backfire and it did, big-time. Kanye's comparing himself to Steve Jobs & Michael Jackson is delusional, at best. If Kanye really cared about using his fame for good, then he would do it without acting like a deranged asshole.  Re "That Part," the only nice thing I can say about it is that at least Yeezy's not bragging about fucking Kim against a sink this time.  

He loves the attention that he gets from these rants. I doubt he means or even realizes what he's saying. Everything he does is over the top, grandiose, exaggerated, "look at me look at me"

He can stalk around looking like he's mad at the world all he wants, he loves the paparazzi following him and asking him questions that he doesn't answer. I bet he goes home and watches it on TMZ.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, ArizonaGrown said:

Kanye needs rehab asap. If not he will be on every ones radar for all the wrong reasons like Lamar but much worse. Its time to grow up and go to rehab Kanye.

He should. Kris will do a whole season devoted to him. Just what his ego craves, he can sit and talk and muse about all his genius ideas that will never come to fruition because :

People are jealous of his genius.

People don't want to see a black man succeed. 

People hate him because he's married to a white woman. 

People don't recognize he's a genius.

People won't give him their money to spend on his genius ideas.

or basically

Its always someone else's fault.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, GaT said:

I suspect that all the robberies that family has endured were done by people in their entourages, people they employed and thought they could trust. It's also possible that the entourage employees blabbed to their friends about all the jewelry, cash, etc., and the friends did the break-ins. I assume all the stolen items were insured, so there's no financial hardship for the family. But some of the items may have had sentimental value, and you can't really put a price on that.

Edited by Coffeecup

No way it's not an inside job. Look at the space. Of course some random criminal just lucked into happening to find Kanye's studio in an unmarked building. And how it is they had "heavy duty high tech security" but that didn't include a friggen door alarm? The fucking dollar stores I've managed in the past had door alarms and a) everything was like a dollar and b) at the very most, there might have been $20,000 in the safe literally twice a year after Black Friday and Christmas Eve. But, of course Kayne's door is able to be pried open without an issue. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I suspect that all the robberies that family has endured were done by people in their entourages, people they employed and thought they could trust. It's also possible that the entourage employees blabbed to their friends about all the jewelry, cash, etc., and the friends did the break-ins. I assume all the stolen items were insured, so there's no financial hardship for the family. But some of the items may have had sentimental value, and you can't really put a price on that.

I doubt anything with sentimental value was stolen. I doubt there's much they really care about for any reason other than the monetary value or because it was a "gift" from some designer.

Strange that none of Lamars jewelry surfaced and he's never mentioned it.  

I wouldn't put it past them to fake it. I remember them "recreating/faking" Khloe getting arrested for DUI complete with her being filmed doing the roadside testing and handcuffs. We have no proof those uniformed officers at Khloes weren't rent a cops.

• Love 4
On 29/05/2016 at 10:32 AM, Jellybeans said:

I wonder what will be "leaked" from his computer.  

Sex tape.  Kim naked in some form. Total setup...orchestrated by them. Then the two of them threatening legal action if vid isn't returned. Then vid being leaked on internet. Then phony "unknown" gets paid for it. Phony unknown = Kim and Kanye...possibly Kris as well. Three way split. 

• Love 2

So Kanye and his publicity mongering caused a near riot (and bare minimum hundreds of thousands of dollars in police and department of sanitation overtime) in New York City late night tonight.  Here's the link to the data dump on this in the Misc Celeb News thread.

4 hours ago, Kromm said:

So Kanye and his publicity mongering caused a near riot (and bare minimum hundreds of thousands of dollars in police and department of sanitation overtime) in New York City late night tonight.  Here's the link to the data dump on this in the Misc Celeb News thread.

Kanye, NYC ain't Armenia.

what an idiot.

• Love 2

My brother in law was one of the cops on duty for that mess. A riot DID happen. People were getting violent and were out of control. FWIW a concert was indeed planned and the police did shut it down. However if Kanye used his brain and did what Webster Hall told him to do and did a wristband handout allowing only 100 people in this could have been prevented. My bro in-law heard Kanye actually wanted to do the concert outside but Webster wouldn't allow it because of exactly what did happen, an out of control crowd. 

• Love 4

what did Kanye and Kim expect would happen.... Announce an unplanned show to millions of Twitter followers at 230 am and  chaos will Happen. I am glad no one got hurt because of the cancelled show. 

4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

My brother in law was one of the cops on duty for that mess. A riot DID happen. People were getting violent and were out of control. FWIW a concert was indeed planned and the police did shut it down. However if Kanye used his brain and did what Webster Hall told him to do and did a wristband handout allowing only 100 people in this could have been prevented. My bro in-law heard Kanye actually wanted to do the concert outside but Webster wouldn't allow it because of exactly what did happen, an out of control crowd. 

I heard the moron on the phone making a call to the Mayor, and "instructing him" on what to do.

Will he cover the damages to the owner of the car whose roof was crushed by his "fans" ?

• Love 2

He didn't actually get the mayor on the phone it was someone in Mayor DeBlasios office. And if he did get to speak to DeBlasio the mayor would have never granted him access to do anything because he was pissed over the commotion Kanye caused when he opened his Pablo pop-up store a couple of months ago. That also caused pandemonium but nothing like what happened last night.  Even the outdoor thing that he wanted he would have had to get a city permit to do it and that takes a little bit of time.

1 hour ago, RoxieBear73 said:

what did Kanye and Kim expect would happen.... Announce an unplanned show to millions of Twitter followers at 230 am and  chaos will Happen. I am glad no one got hurt because of the cancelled show. 

People were indeed hurt though.  No clue why its not being reported all over the place but crushed cars wasnt the worst of it.  My brother-in law said there were people getting hurt throughout the crowd and cops were calling for ambulances because there were at least 3 people just by him saying they thought they had a broken arm or leg due to being crushed.

• Love 3

It scares me that I live in a world where Kanye West can tweet some random stuff at any given random time of the day or night, and a riot breaks out, and people - including policemen - get put in harm's way.  There's some serious brain function missing in that man's head.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It scares me that I live in a world where Kanye West can tweet some random stuff at any given random time of the day or night, and a riot breaks out, and people - including policemen - get put in harm's way.  There's some serious brain function missing in that man's head.

It's that moronic wife of his who was doing the twittering and insta-graming. Shouldn't she have been home weighing herself?

• Love 10

Or taking selfies of herself  telling herself how amazing she "looks" 

4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

He didn't actually get the mayor on the phone it was someone in Mayor DeBlasios office. And if he did get to speak to DeBlasio the mayor would have never granted him access to do anything because he was pissed over the commotion Kanye caused when he opened his Pablo pop-up store a couple of months ago. That also caused pandemonium but nothing like what happened last night.  Even the outdoor thing that he wanted he would have had to get a city permit to do it and that takes a little bit of time.

People were indeed hurt though.  No clue why its not being reported all over the place but crushed cars wasnt the worst of it.  My brother-in law said there were people getting hurt throughout the crowd and cops were calling for ambulances because there were at least 3 people just by him saying they thought they had a broken arm or leg due to being crushed.

That is sad to hear, Kanye should be made to pay for all the damage that took place due to the unorganized unplanned concert he planned.  I hope who ever got hurt recovers quickly 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

People were indeed hurt though.  No clue why its not being reported all over the place but crushed cars wasnt the worst of it.  

For the same reason the estimated number of idiots who were marching around keeps going down. Now there are articles saying "hundreds" (which is blatant nonsense if you look at photos of the one street outside Webster Hall where you can see far more than that just on that one street). If I had to guess I'd say it's city officials continuously downgrading what they're saying so it doesn't look like they ever lost control (not that it should have even been their responsibility to control a situation caused by Kayne's bonehead move). 

13 minutes ago, Kromm said:

For the same reason the estimated number of idiots who were marching around keeps going down. Now there are articles saying "hundreds" (which is blatant nonsense if you look at photos of the one street outside Webster Hall where you can see far more than that just on that one street). If I had to guess I'd say it's city officials continuously downgrading what they're saying so it doesn't look like they ever lost control (not that it should have even been their responsibility to control a situation caused by Kayne's bonehead move). 

And he leaves Kim to clean up his mess. Probably home licking his wounded ego. 

Funny how she always accused Kourt of cleaning up after Scott, seems she's starting to do the same with her man. 

• Love 1

Tonight are the CFDA Fashion Awards, something that Anna Wintour is very involved in & guess who doesn't appear to be going, even though they're in New York? Poor Kanye did Anna not strong arm people into giving you an award?

• Love 1

Well, in a normal family if someone gets hurt, or overdoses, or suffers from mental illness, it might cause that family to quietly and privately gather together, reflect on their actions, get help for those who are struggling, and try to find a deeper meaning to their lives.

But this is the Kardashian/Jenners.  They'd film that shizz, they'd SnapChat it, Instagram it, Tweet it and create an endorsement out of it.

• Love 3

Kanye has said/done some dumb shit before, but his announcing an inpromptu concert on Twitter, not doing it and causing a riot in the process is next-level crazy, even for him. People could have been seriously hurt or killed that night, but Yeezy being Yeezy, he's not only too cool to care, he let Kim apologize for him-on Snapchat, yet-instead of doing it himself.  Since it was Kanye who started that shit in the first place, the least he could do is make his own apology, like a responsible adult. 

It would serve Kanye right if the people who were hurt and whose cars were vandalized filed a class-action suit and sued his dumb ass. Maybe if Kanye literally pays for this mistake, he won't make it again. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I thought NYPD and the venue shut Kanye's pop show down due to the huge crowd that showed up.

They did shut it down AFTER thousands of people had already congregated!

(edited)

Very inappropriate. From Kanye.

Also, he and Kim wish her body had those proportions.

Also again, he must be learning from his wife, the best way to prop up a sagging career is nudies nudies nudies!

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm not so sure Kim would encourage this because she herself sued when Old Navy used a lookalike of her for a campaign without her consent so she has know this is grounds for a lawsuit if not multiple. kanye is making matters worse by claiming the images are real. Idiot.

Eta: why am I not surprised Chris Brown is actually fine with this SMH. There are slews of  Kanye fans on twitter defending his "artistry".

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I'm not so sure Kim would encourage this because she herself sued when Old Navy used a lookalike of her for a campaign without her consent so she has know this is grounds for a lawsuit if not multiple. kanye is making matters worse by claiming the images are real. Idiot.

Eta: why am I not surprised Chris Brown is actually fine with this SMH. There are slews of  Kanye fans on twitter defending his "artistry".

as Taylor swift said in her press release, Kimmy is his puppet and does or agrees with what ever Kanye says. I cant believe that he went so far to make a sick  video like that, I hope every one of those celebrities sue him and kimmy for using their likeness to the hills and back....

• Love 6

That is so weird, but not totally in a bad way. I wish Kanye didn't make it. I wish some cool unknown artist made it.

I am very intrigued about why he chose this particular combination of people, and put them in the order and poses he did. I truly wonder how each of them feel when they learn about themselves being put in this.

Donald Trump's body is "huuuuge"  - he is almost double the size of any of the other males

• Love 2

TMZ has updated since I first posted and now theres 2 video snips in the link. I'm not even sure they are real people from the snips, they almost look like wax dummies or those silicon sex dolls. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Donald Trump's body is "huuuuge"  - he is almost double the size of any of the other males

I'm waiting to see if there's an official response from Donald Trump.

Wow! There is going to be major fall out from this one. I don't have a legal background but would be really interested in if he has actually opened himself up to any lawsuits from this. Wouldn't that mean that celebrities could sue impersonators? 

I wonder how many knew they were going to be represented in this? Rhianna obviously..she's singing. 

Chris likely didn't care either way. 

What about Caitlyn? 

Kanye is begging the stars to sue him and I hope they do and kick his butt in court... He has no right to humiliate  them for his own gain and popularity.  If someone did that to him. he would be in a uproar and sue them for "embarrassing" him 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

TMZ has updated since I first posted and now theres 2 video snips in the link. I'm not even sure they are real people from the snips, they almost look like wax dummies or those silicon sex dolls. 

The tits are the giveaway to fake.. Bill Cosby is much older than he is here, Kanye wishes he had abs. and I really doubt Kim, deep inside, wants to have Ray J that close to her. She's spent years trying to distance herself. I don't think it's brilliant Kanye vision, but she'll pretend it is. IMO it's a cheap grab for publicity and a humiliation to Kim. Kanye's a pig.

• Love 10

The man's ego knows no bounds.

He's pushing it too far. Already most of New York hates him now, and now anyone who supports ANY of those celebs. At the very least for the associations they're being... bedded with. 

I suppose it's even funny in a sick kind of way. But it's also the sign of an epic jackass.

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The tits are the giveaway to fake.. Bill Cosby is much older than he is here, Kanye wishes he had abs. and I really doubt Kim, deep inside, wants to have Ray J that close to her. She's spent years trying to distance herself. I don't think it's brilliant Kanye vision, but she'll pretend it is. IMO it's a cheap grab for publicity and a humiliation to Kim. Kanye's a pig.

The boobs are what gave it away for me too. No matter how perky your implants are, they are going to relax into your body if you're flat on your back. And are we supposed to believe 92 year old George Bush or even 69 year old George W. posed for this? And when they pan across Trumps face, it is really just weird looking. 

I read a comment on another message board saying it's already being said it's a painting. I don't know where she got that from, but that's actually believable. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 1

I can believe its a painting more than wax figures because wax figures that detailed would cost an insane amount of money.  Even one cost a small fortune to make much less all those people. Its really eerie though how realistic it does look though which makes it even more creepy and disturbing. This is the actual painting that its supposed to model

http://blogs.artinfo.com/artintheair/2016/06/25/kanye-wests-new-video-inspired-by-vincent-desiderios-sleep/

That's a still from a video for the song "Famous". I've seen the video, you can see the people moving slightly and breathing.  Caitlyn Jenner moved the most.  Some people think only Kanye, Kim and Kaitlyn were real, some think the others were real people, but lookalikes and the rest think they were dolls.  They do look like dolls at first appearance, but then they breathe and move.