Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

I don't see favoritism, but I do see a perhaps tendency to overt genderization.  Whether that's simply due to filming or not, I can't say.  I have a suspicion it's driven by producing episodes.  

I agree things are pretty much "genderized" right now - but IMO that's because it's so traditional. especially with children this young. I doubt that Bill had baby dolls and tea sets to play with - ever.  Jennifer was probably surrounded with a whole panorama of pink little girl things. They're going to basically offer the same things to their kids that they experienced. I don't see anything to be concerned about regarding either child's activities at this time.

• Love 4

Yes it is and only Jen, the parent who works outside the home, is chided for spending more time with one child over the other. The pattern you're citing clearly depicts Bill not doing things with Zoey, not choosing HIS parents as Zoey's god parents, not giving Zoey HIS name.... But Bill is off the hook for the favoritism while Jen is chided for it.

Jen doesn't do things for Will, Jen didn't choose her parents as Will's godparents and Jen didn't give Will her name. so I agree when the shoe is on the other foot it now is a tie for first place between Bill and Jen!    

Is that really true that Zoey has Jen's last name and Will has Bill's? I dont believe everything i read on INTERNET if thats how we know that.  I wonder how that will affect Will and Zoey when they are older. Will they wonder why they do not have the same last names and if mommy or daddy liked the other one more to give him or her their name? I recall with Will's first surgery, his last name was Fang because the Kleins did not have all the paperwork done or something like that.

I know at least a half dozen "biological" families that follow this practice - boys take father's last name, girls take mothers. Or vice versa. As far as I've been told, not one of the kids thinks anything of it because it's what they've known since birth. Add in the number of "blended" families we have in this country now and it's not at all unusual to have kids with diffferent surnames in the same household. Just unusual for we Baby Boomers or older folks.

Is that really true that Zoey has Jen's last name and Will has Bill's? I dont believe everything i read on INTERNET if thats how we know that.  I wonder how that will affect Will and Zoey when they are older. Will they wonder why they do not have the same last names and if mommy or daddy liked the other one more to give him or her their name? I recall with Will's first surgery, his last name was Fang because the Kleins did not have all the paperwork done or something like that.

That's unusual because when immigrants become American citizens, they have the option of a legal name change at the same time, if they wish.  Since Will's adoption automatically granted him citizenship status, it's odd that the name change didn't click in then as well.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

150,000 does not tell us much. Assuming the pet shop is a schedule c small business 150,000 as reported from the business on the return would be after expenses including salaries, employee benefits, any operating losses from previous years etc....the goal is to get the profits on paper as low as possible.

In the episode where Bill brings Zoey for her checkup while Jen is in the hospital for chemo Zoey is checked in as Klein.

I am nowhere near rich but I have 12 pair of percription glasses.

We can only speculate but I think Bill and Jen would do just fine without the show. I also don't think its a character flaw to take advantage of the opportunities given them.

• Love 6

Why shouldn't one of the kids have Jen's last name?  Gone are the sexist days where the wife had to take the husband's name, and all the kids had his name too.  I see nothing wrong with Zoey having the last name Arnold.

• Love 10

Re pumpkin patch: Zoey sees pony. Zoey waves to pony and takes off toward pony. Will goes with Zoey, both Bill and Jen are going after the kids Next scene Bill has Will and Jen has Zoey and they see pony. Bill asks Will if he wants to pick out pumpkins. Will says yes. Jen asks Zoey if she wants to pick pumpkins. Zoey says no. Both kids made a choice, not Bill and Jen. That is what I saw. I did not see Jen take Zoey and leave Will behind. If I am wrong please correct me

• Love 13

Yes they were introduced getting married in their first show.  The house they were living in was shown and was quite ordinary.  And having seen some housing shows on HGTV showing real estate in Texas I agree you can certainly get a lot more for your money there than pricey New York!  

I just don't think Jen's salary would have afforded them all their luxuries from that one change.  We have since seen a custom built house furnished by an interior decorator with expensive furnishings, in vitro fertilization treatments/trips, holidays, fine cars and trips halfway around the world to adopt children, all very costly.  If it was filmed I am sure the network paid for all expenses incurred for everyone and that also might include lost salary from another job.     

Both Jen and Bill are like a before and after makeover!  Highlights, Jen now wears makeup and both with designer glasses.  Jen hardly wore makeup in the early shows and in fact both were frumpy looking.   

I just don't think her new job escalated them to that level.  TLC gave them a boost into a lifestyle they will find it hard to walk away from.  

Of course both the TCH job and the TLC money has helped immensely with a lifestyle upgrade.  As it would with just about anyone else.  But I bet they were still in a very healthy position financially to start with.  A lot of what they've received has probably been either deeply-discounted or flat out donated, including the pool, the elevator, that very sophisticated electronic household system and many of the furnishings.  That designer's name was used so liberally that his services were probably gratis at well.  Same goes for the cake lady, Chloe Dae, the Galveston hotel etc etc etc.  If a vehicle logo is not blurred or pixelated on TV, you're probably looking at a free lease or donated machine.  TLC probably paid for most if not all of the fertility and adoptions travel expenses, although not the actual fees.

Personally I think Bill should have stuck with his natural hair color but it's his life and his look.  And I think Jen looks great, especially for someone who's been through chemo. It must be very normal for women who regularly have access to professional hair and makeup people [what girl wouldn't like to have that?] to get "made over."  Whether they're on TV or not. Good grief, Kate Gosselin is a completely different person [well, physically]. Actually I wish the Duggars would ask for a little feedback in this area - LOL.

Finally the next time their TLC contract expires I think they will walk away - or radically-curtail the show to a few yearly updates.  For the sake of the kids, and because their non-TLC income can well support the "lifestyle to which they're accustomed" as the lawyers say. At least I hope so.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

I don't think love and favoritism are the same things.  Jen loves Will she just prefers Zoey and being with her.  Right now she can handle Zoey, she can't handle Will.

Another area where the division is evident is the godparent choices.  Zoey with the Arnolds and Will with the Kleins.     

Maybe this will work out - in case there's ever a split?

• Love 1

I have gotten this vibe from both parents - that they both want to believe one of the kids shares a lot in common with them. Maybe it's a routine experience with adoptive parents.

I think it's common with many parents in general, both adoptive and biological. Dad likes airplanes and takes junior to the airport to see planes and oohs and aahs and junior sees what great reinforcement he gets if he oohs and aahs, so now Dad is convinced that junior likes airplanes, too. Dad's proud 'cause junior is a chip off the old block.

Jen's doing all that girly stuff, fulfilling her own fantasy.

The kids will grow up and Zoey will become head basketball coach at Baylor and Will will become a Prius-driving landscape architect. And Bill and Jen will be proud.

Edited by mojito
  • Love 5

Re pumpkin patch: Zoey sees pony. Zoey waves to pony and takes off toward pony. Will goes with Zoey, both Bill and Jen are going after the kids Next scene Bill has Will and Jen has Zoey and they see pony. Bill asks Will if he wants to pick out pumpkins. Will says yes. Jen asks Zoey if she wants to pick pumpkins. Zoey says no. Both kids made a choice, not Bill and Jen. That is what I saw. I did not see Jen take Zoey and leave Will behind. If I am wrong please correct me

THANK YOU - i pointed this out back in that episode and people still can't seem to remember that Will did go to the pony and he had ZERO interest in it. 

Why didn't Bill ask Zoey if she wanted to pick out pumpkins and Jen ask Will if he wanted to pick out pumpkins. The divide is still there.

Why does it matter??????? They have obviously figured out a structure where one parent looks after one particular child.  That is not that strange. 

• Love 13

I think this arrangement is very strange. I have never seen it, in any family, in my entire life.

Really? You've never seen a family fall along strict gender lines? Because trust me, it wasn't unusual at all when I was a kid. Women work in the home and maybe outside as nurses or teachers or day car workers and men work real jobs. Girls play with dolls. Period. If you try to play with your brothers toys, its cute at first and then you start getting sent back to work on your crocheting or knitting or needlepoint. Boys play sports, girls sit on the sideline and cheer. Mom spends  her time with the girls, doing girly things and the dads spend their time with the boys doing manly things.It was pretty popular up until the mid 1980s.

Try watching 19 kids and counting for a really religious version of this.

• Love 8

I still think part of any gender divide we do see is that Jen can physically handle Zoey more easily than Will. When the kids are older both in a actual age and in maturity levels and when their communication is better, a situation in which they might need to be picked up or otherwise physically moved is less likely. But right now, in the case of a tantrum or dangerous situation, Jen could pick Zoey up to get her out of there but couldn't do the same with Will. I also think they are just more into traditional gender stereotypes than, say, MY family, but it doesn't seem extreme, especially in a family with a female breadwinner in a traditionally male profession. I mean, the Arnold Kleins aren't the DUGGARS, you know?

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 11

I am 98% sure that Zoey's last name is Klein.  In the episode that Jen found out about Zoey and called to talk to Bill about it, Bill called Jen's cell phone and got a recorded message saying "You have reached Jennifer Klein...".  Since I thought she went by Arnold it stuck in my head and made me think she personally goes by Klein but uses Arnold in other settings.  In the episode when they got Zoey's passport they showed the passport or birth certificate and it said Zoey Nidhi Klein with her parents being William Klein and Jennifer Arnold.  I remember it cause I was like why is it Jennifer Arnold when she goes by Klein?  So unless I dreamed the whole thing (which could happen) Zoey's last name is Klein.

• Love 6

I remember hearing Zoey being called Zoey Klein so I believe both children have the Klein last name.  I also remember Jen, in an episode a few seasons back, answering her cell phone "Jen Klein."  So I don't believe there is a divide with the last name.  Also, Jen loves Will.  It is very apparant, but everytime she wants to do something with him, Will always seems to answer something to the effect that he wants to be "with Baba" or "with Daddy" or "I miss Daddy" or "I want Daddy."  So, I believe Jen is giving Will room to bond strongly with Bill, which he obviously has done, and will wait until the tide shifts, which it probably will, and little Will will want his "mommy" all the time.  It is not unusual for a complete shift to the opposite parent at some point!  I have seen Zoey playing with dolls numerous times, and I have also  seen Zoey and Will painting together and doing arts and crafts together so I believe that Jen and Bill's parenting is great!  Both parents spend quality time with their children!  Sure, maybe some mistakes have been made, but they are not huge mistakes and every parent makes mistakes along the way!

• Love 6

I am 98% sure that Zoey's last name is Klein.  In the episode that Jen found out about Zoey and called to talk to Bill about it, Bill called Jen's cell phone and got a recorded message saying "You have reached Jennifer Klein...".  Since I thought she went by Arnold it stuck in my head and made me think she personally goes by Klein but uses Arnold in other settings.  In the episode when they got Zoey's passport they showed the passport or birth certificate and it said Zoey Nidhi Klein with her parents being William Klein and Jennifer Arnold.  I remember it cause I was like why is it Jennifer Arnold when she goes by Klein?  So unless I dreamed the whole thing (which could happen) Zoey's last name is Klein.

When my niece who is an MD got married it was too hard to change her name on all her medical stuff, and she already built a reputation so professionally she kept her maiden name, but everywhere else she uses her married name.     

• Love 8

Seriously about who they chose about Godparents? I chose my daughters godparents based on her sex. My ex husband's aunt and uncle only had girls so if she had been a boy, they would have been the Godparents. Since she's a girl, it's my aunt and uncle who only had 1 boy and could not conceive again. We stated it clearly while I was pregnant and why. No hurt feelings, no wondering. When she was born they knew and to this day, she has a close relationship with both sets of Great Aunts and living Great Uncle. You could have said I as being selfish when I chose my aunt, but, we chose very deliberately. Point being....we don't know why they chose each set of Godparents. It's their choice, not ours. They seem to be a very loving family and whatever they are doing works for them. I don't see a divorce in their future. You can tell they love each other and are devoted. Sometimes infertility can destroy a couple. It seems to have bonded them closer. They didn't have 5 years to raise Will from birth and 3 with Zoey, they are essentially "toddler" parents. They are in their second year and the kids seem happy and well adjusted. Every family is different in how they are run internally. We are getting an inside look at the mechanics of how their family works. I know that I've looked at some friends/family and wondered WTH are they doing with their family. But, it works for them. I'd hate for you to see how my family is run. 

• Love 12

I think this arrangement is very strange. I have never seen it, in any family, in my entire life.

So you're saying that Bill should have been with Zoey looking at the pony, and Jen should have been with Will picking pumpkins.  Then it would have been okay with you?  I just don't get it.  Why does it matter?

• Love 14

A family counselor.

While, i don't view them as being in as dire straights as you do, I do think family counseling could be good for them. This a a lot of pressure and a lot of dramatic change for all of them ,not to mention the fact that they all have so many physical and mental issues to deal with. I can see it  being a good thing,

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2

I've never seen an earthquake in my entire life but they're out there. It's not strange, it's just strange to YOU. Families come in all sizes, styles and configurations - and children are raised in all kinds of different ways - not that this is news to anyone. Although I'm willing to bet most families could benefit from some type of family counseling for varying periods of time, this family is not, IMO, in NEED of any form whatsoever at this time. 

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 13

Bill, Jen, Will and Zoey have all gone through the toughest struggles from the day they were born. Yet somehow through Fate, answered prayers, or the stars being in perfect alignment, who the hell knows?, they  came together to form a beautiful family that to me (while admittedly wearing my rose-colored glasses) seems normal, loving, happy, and able to thoroughly enjoy each day they have together. As for their future: my wish and hope for them is that the most serious problem they will ever face is figuring out which parent will engage with which child in what activity, gender specific or not.

• Love 16

I definitely think that this family would benefit from some professional guidance.

Jen and Bill spoke openly about going to a therapist to help them with Zoey after they brought her home and she struggled to adjust. Imo the assistance paid off because the little screaming, wailing, terrified and traumatized Zoey they adopted is nowhere to be found now, she acts as if she's been Jen and Bill's little girl from day one.

I think that Jen and Bill know how to and do ask for help for their family when they need it. They aren't put off by the idea that they might need an outside opinion or point of view to guide them.

However I personally think that any Mommy and Zoey or Baba/Daddy and Will time is balanced out by all the other times they spend together as a whole group.

I have seen Jen and Bill interacting with both kids at the same time far more often in general, or one of them is doing their best to wrangle both kids at the same time so there can be no separation.

Such as during the garage cleaning and Bill tackled both kids and then tagged in Jen to have a turn. She didn't tell Will to sit and wait for Bill to return so he could have Daddy all to himself while she and Zoey headed upstairs for Mommy and me time.

• Love 8

When they were making the dirt w/worms for Zoey's birthday party Jen was with both Will and Zoey.  When they were decorating the pumpkins, all 4 of them were at the same table.  When they went on the pirate ship, it was all 4 of them.  When Jen was planting seeds outside on the deck, she was with both Will and Zoey.  Jen took both Will and Zoey to have their pics taken for Bill's birthday present.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 7

I find that very bizarre that they would give the kids different last names. They're not a blended family where Jen and Bill brought kids from previous marriages into a new relationship. It also takes on a different connotation considering Jen has struggled to bond with Will since his adoption. They should have hyphenated Arnold-Klein if they were intent on using both names. Separate names creates a division and I'd think that's the last thing you'd want to do with adopted children.

• Love 2

Honestly I am getting confused on the point.

I know Jen is "Dr. Arnold" and from what I know from female medical friends, it makes logistic and professional sense that she didn't change her name because apparently its a major pain in the ass when you have professional degrees.

But is there any indication, aside from our talking about it here, that the kids have separate last names? It seems like in non professional settings, Jen has no problem being Jen Klein. I personally don't have a problem if the kids have separate last names - I personally see no need to give up my identity  as a person when I marry - and I don't see what's offensive about the girl taking the mom's name and the boy taking the dad's name. To take it a step further - in Iceland, Zoey's last name would be Jensdottir and Will's name would be Williamson - and the Icelandic Naming committee would be arguing that the kids needed more Icelandic names hee. But seriously - where did this "Will is Will Klein and Zoey is Zoey Arnold" come from?

• Love 7

A couple of friends of mine did sort of the same thing. Jim and Teresa each kept their surname when they married (20 years ago this year). When T got pregnant, they decided that, if the baby was a girl, she'd take her mum's surname, and if the baby was a boy, he'd take Dad's. They presently have two teenaged daughters with their mum's surname, and it's never been a problem or source of weirdness in their family.

• Love 7

I know Jen is "Dr. Arnold" and from what I know from female medical friends, it makes logistic and professional sense that she didn't change her name because apparently its a major pain in the ass when you have professional degrees.

But is there any indication, aside from our talking about it here, that the kids have separate last names? It seems like in non professional settings, Jen has no problem being Jen Klein. I personally don't have a problem if the kids have separate last names - I personally see no need to give up my identity  as a person when I marry - and I don't see what's offensive about the girl taking the mom's name and the boy taking the dad's name. To take it a step further - in Iceland, Zoey's last name would be Jensdottir and Will's name would be Williamson - and the Icelandic Naming committee would be arguing that the kids needed more Icelandic names hee. But seriously - where did this "Will is Will Klein and Zoey is Zoey Arnold" come from?

Best I can tell, someone linked to Wiki and that's where the names came from. But it's Wiki. Who's to say that person didn't edit Wiki to reflect that themselves and then post it here? 

As for changing names, I am 38 and not a doctor, but if I married tomorrow, I'd keep my name. My education, work, entire credit history, is all under my name. If I was 18, 20, or even 25, with no substantial history, sure, maybe. But at this point, oh hell no. Jen had a whole life before she got married, a pretty accomplished one at that, and from what I've seen with my friends with academic PhDs, they all go by their maiden names professionally to keep their research and published studies linked to their current positions. Hell, one of those friends not only kept her name, her little sister got married and when she converted to Judaism from Lutheran for her husband, he took HER last name. 

• Love 5

As far as I have been told in my country we can use any name that we want as long as it not with the intent to defraud. Not every country requires, compels or even permits the woman to take the man's name. 

So people may legally change their name and use their previous name professionally. Or keep their name prior to marriage but use the "new" name  socially. Some of us insert the "original" name into the new name so that searches will bring you up under both names.

With all the blended families and permutations that make up what we call family today what's the big foo fah about? My daughter and nephew were granny-cared and went to the same elementary school that my sister and I went to.  They had different last names. People were surprised to find out they were cousins and not some sort of sibling.

So if Jen Arnold and Bill Klein would like to retain their historic and public identities makes sense to me.

If the kids have varying names it would be no different than the kids I grew up with who had English/Chinese, English/Italian, English/Indian names or the various permutations of my given name that I may (or may not) answer to.

Edited by kb3
  • Love 5

A couple of friends of mine did sort of the same thing. Jim and Teresa each kept their surname when they married (20 years ago this year). When T got pregnant, they decided that, if the baby was a girl, she'd take her mum's surname, and if the baby was a boy, he'd take Dad's. They presently have two teenaged daughters with their mum's surname, and it's never been a problem or source of weirdness in their family.

I have friends who've done the same thing - and know of other families who have as well. I don't find it in the least odd now, but it was a little weird in the beginning.  Like all new things usually are - it takes time for new ideas and concepts to be absorbed and accepted into society.  Any women out there want to give up the vote? There were many people - including a lot of women - who thought women having the vote was strange in the 20s.

• Love 6

While, i don't view them as being in as dire straights as you do, I do think family counseling could be good for them. This a a lot of pressure and a lot of dramatic change for all of them ,not to mention the fact that they all have so many physical and mental issues to deal with. I can see it  being a good thing,

There are also support groups unique to parents who adopt from other countries and they are fortunate enough to have one for Will who came from the same orphanage.  They must have a lot in common with those other parents!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 1

On The Little Couple Wikipedia page, under stars of the show, Zoey is listed as Zoey Klein. Will is listed as Will Klein. The only one with the last name Arnold is Jen. I think that the person that reported that Zoey's last name is Arnold, on this board, made a mistake.

Wow I just went to that Wikipedia page to check it out.  When I had looked at it before it did read Zoey Arnold!!!  Today it reads Zoey Klein?!  I then noticed there are [edit] fields beside each topic and anyone can go in and edit those parts.  I could not see a way to go into the top right hand corner information however where those details are stored so not anyone can go in and change it from what I can see.

I also saw a note at the bottom stating last change to content and it says "This page was last modified on 7 January 2015 at 18:59."

Does anyone on the board often wonder if the Klein or Arnold family read the forums or to go one step further I wonder if they post comments.

On The Little Couple Wikipedia page, under stars of the show, Zoey is listed as Zoey Klein. Will is listed as Will Klein. The only one with the last name Arnold is Jen. I think that the person that reported that Zoey's last name is Arnold, on this board, made a mistake.

From Wiki:

Genre

Reality

Starring

Bill Klein

Jen Arnold

William Klein

Zoey Klein

Country of origin

United States

Original language(s)

English

No. of seasons

No. of episodes

I also saw a note at the bottom stating last change to content and it says "This page was last modified on 7 January 2015 at 18:59."

Does anyone on the board often wonder if the Klein or Arnold family read the forums or to go one step further I wonder if they post comments.

Yes, but I also wonder if people here edit wiki to bolster their arguments. But since it can't be confirmed that the kids have different names, perhaps its not fair to use it as an arguing point.

• Love 2

I hope not.  I'm told that reality tv people are told not to read boards like this.  People are mean, and though most of the things said here are positive, I can't imagine Jen reading things like, Jen cares nothing for Will, or she's using her children as accessories, or she prefers Zoey to Will.  Talking about her parenting choices would be uncomfortable, but fair game.  A discussion about the wisdom of having your children on tv, cool, but to question her love for her children, or imply that she intentionally ignores one would be hard to take.  I limit this to Jen because for whatever reason she seems to get most of the flack. 

• Love 11

I hope not.  I'm told that reality tv people are told not to read boards like this.  People are mean, and though most of the things said here are positive, I can't imagine Jen reading things like, Jen cares nothing for Will, or she's using her children as accessories, or she prefers Zoey to Will.  Talking about her parenting choices would be uncomfortable, but fair game.  A discussion about the wisdom of having your children on tv, cool, but to question her love for her children, or imply that she intentionally ignores one would be hard to take.  I limit this to Jen because for whatever reason she seems to get most of the flack. 

I didn't read she didn't love her children just that she prefers one over the other.  Maybe Jen gets most of the flack because she seems to be the one who does most of the talking.  Just a thought in case the family is reading.....LOL

• Love 2

Cant fight human nature (curious) so I am sure they read everything. They meaning all reality cast members.

I didn't read she didn't love her children just that she prefers one over the other.  Maybe Jen gets most of the flack because she seems to be the one who does most of the talking.  Just a thought in case the family is reading.....LOL

Jen gets most of the flack because she's the mother. I see it all the time. When kids are with the father people smile and coo and if the kids are acting up people just laugh because they think its cute. Now switch out the father with the mom, the family is ignored and if the kids act up they're met with glares and frowns.
  • Love 13

In this E! Online article, about halfway down the page.

http://www.eonline.com/news/603287/jen-arnold-and-bill-klein-share-health-updates-reveal-what-they-wouldn-t-show-on-the-little-couple

They list the kids names as William Klein and Zoey Arnold.  It's an interview with Jen and Bill, so I think if the names were not accurate they would have said something.

There is also a 3 minute video interview with Jen and Bill.  In it, Zoey is so cute, she keeps crawling over Jen..back and forth.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 5

I see it, I just wonder if it's an error. I mean, copy errors happen. And frankly, if it's true,it's not something I find shocking...  I just find it irritating to see it used as part of the "Jen is keeping Zoey separate!" argument if it's not even the case.

And that's before I get into how Bill wants *his boy* to have *his* name and *his parents* as god parents is never considered to be Bill being a dominating ass keeping Jen from bonding with her son. I mean,for all the "Jen is lying/making it up/exaggertating how Zoey didn't bond with Bill" complaining - I do notice that while concern is expressed that Jen and Will don't seem as bonded, no one ever chides Bill for not insisting Jen and Will have special bonding time. If its genuinely a problem (I don't know that it is) then Bill clearly is part and parcel to the problem.

• Love 9

I see it, I just wonder if it's an error. I mean, copy errors happen. And frankly, if it's true,it's not something I find shocking...  I just find it irritating to see it used as part of the "Jen is keeping Zoey separate!" argument if it's not even the case.

And that's before I get into how Bill wants *his boy* to have *his* name and *his parents* as god parents is never considered to be Bill being a dominating ass keeping Jen from bonding with her son. I mean,for all the "Jen is lying/making it up/exaggertating how Zoey didn't bond with Bill" complaining - I do notice that while concern is expressed that Jen and Will don't seem as bonded, no one ever chides Bill for not insisting Jen and Will have special bonding time. If its genuinely a problem (I don't know that it is) then Bill clearly is part and parcel to the problem.

Bill gets much less criticism here, IMO, because I'm guessing most posters are female. The same reason why Jen gets so much flak. People tend to be, in general, tougher and more critical of their own sex.

• Love 8

We don't know if anyone from the show reads the site. They haven't been in touch with us. However, a few of us do suspect that people connected with the show have see the forum. Its an unconfirmed hunch.

I guess reading the forum gives the network more detailed feedback.  I do think they also post!  Anyone else spot Waldo (Bill) yet? 

It's probably like broadcast TV.  The actors are advised not to read internet forums and tabloids, but some do and some don't.  The networks and production companies definitely have people who read various boards and blogs to see what is being said.  

• Love 3

The mystery of Zoey's last name was pretty easy to solve. In the episode Countdown to India, we see that Zoey's passport lists her last name as 'Klein'.

hl7zkIQ.png

In the interest of further discussion, Jen's last name on Zoey's paperwork is Arnold. And Bill's middle name is Walter. And Jen's is Skyler...

just kidding...

6YBAUQr.png

• Love 5