Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

Eh, I don't find the website scary or tasteless. TLC creates merchandise for all their shows. Although it doesn't seem like TLC did this one because the TLC website for merchandise is store.discovery.com. Theirs is slightly less obnoxious than some of the ones on the TLC site. Like I need a t-shirt with a photo of the Roloffs on it? Or a t-shirt with two fists coming at you with "Gypsy Sisters" across the knuckles? It all seems kind of dumb to me.  

• Love 2

Just have to say I love Jen's shorter hair.  I hope she keeps it shorter instead of growing it longer.  Shorter hair is very flattering on her.

I agree so much, those humungous wigs overpowered her body.  A tiny person always looks best in a tiny hairdo to match!  LOL  

• Love 3

But it doesn't look like a TLC (meaning "The Learning Channel"; the network) site, but rather just "The Little Couple" site, with no mention anywhere of the network.  However, they accept VISA!  With Bill being a businessman as he says in the show's opening, and Dave's long experience also in business, isn't it possible this is an Arnold-Klein business venture?  I for one would like to know if that's the case.

And yes; what kind of deranged fans buy "Ba Ba" bar-b-q aprons?

It looks like this would be the pertinent part:

"President

DLF Sales & Marketing

February 2009 – Present (5 years 11 months)

Sales & Marketing for Consumer Goods, Publishing Industry, Data Management Services for Sales Improvement at Retail, including Scan Based Trading Practices & Related Services. Direct Relationship with 'The Little Couple' from The Learning Channel-Speaking Engagements for Business, Training, Motivation, and Inspiration!"

Consumer goods like household items with "The Little Couple" emblazoned on them, since he has a direct relationship" with the show?  And inspirational speaking engagements!

Edited by wrestlesflamingos
  • Love 1

It's really weird they have all the stuff saying Ba Ba and Nai Nai. Isn't Nai Nai grandma? The whole site looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't believe TLC hasn't trademarked the logo and is okay with it being all over merchandise. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 1

I suppose that's what "direct relationship with" means; maybe TLC gets a cut (or maybe not), but no reference to the network appears anywhere on that website, so it appears to be an independent, home-grown business.  Jen had earlier mentioned that, although her parents were living there (in the same house, at the time), they were both busy working full-time, so a nanny was needed, as well as to allow Bill time to work from home, and this was after he had sold his share of his NY company.  Now we know on what: Nai-Nai mugs.

It's really weird they have all the stuff saying Ba Ba and Nai Nai. Isn't Nai Nai grandma? The whole site looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't believe TLC hasn't trademarked the logo and is okay with it being all over merchandise. 

I'm sure TLC is getting their cut. The Arnold-Kleins aren't their first rodeo. Since the Arnold-Kliens are distinctly absent from TLC's online store (but they still have NY Ink (which was cancelled years ago) and the Rolloffs (whose show season has been dwindling quite a bit)) I could see that this is probably some joint production between the two. 

While I confess to owning the Leslie Knope book (from Parks & Recreation) and would totally own a Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) bobble head, I think it is weird to own merchandise about real people. It's completely illogical I know. 

• Love 2

I loved Jen's hair in the natural color, the blond washed her out. Maybe if she had waited until it grew a little longer but, she probably couldn't wait to get back blond. As business savvy as Bill is, whatever shop you all are referring to I am sure he is aware and probably getting a cut.

• Love 3

I, too, loved Jen's hair in the natural brown color.  This shade of blonde is not good for her in my opinion.  I think it ages her.  If she wants to be blonde, I think she should go for a dark golden blonde.  Will and Zoey are growing so much!  Will's speech is improving tremendously and he is much clearer!  Love that the show is back!

• Love 1

I emailed the company too in addition to the network.  I was concerned it was a scam at first because it was posted as a link on The Little Couple's Facebook page and it just looked suspect.  I haven't heard back from either one yet either.  That statement on the site was not there initially saying a portion of the proceeds would go to Little People of America.  I think it might have been added in response to all the negative comments and questions as to whether any monies would go to charity.    

Now it appears we know it is Dave Arnold's company selling the items and Bill and Jen are involved.  I'm sorry but this family has become famous simply because they are on a major network tv show and are already making a fortune as we see every week in their custom designed home, designer clothes, hear what they have spent on fertility treatments, constant travel and the best hotels and food and now they are capitalizing on this fame by hawking mugs and pj's with Baba on them?

Cheap and tawdry to say the least!  I thought this was a classy couple but my balloon just went BANG!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

I can't say I ever had a balloon that could go "bust."  Just look at that house they built!  And remember: Judy and Jen -- and now Zoey, if we're to believe what they say -- love shopping for shoes!  It does sort of turn my stomach that they're obviously capitalizing on America's love affair with those two adopted children.  Sorry, I meant the world's ("We ship internationally!").  And if they were truly a class act, they wouldn't be associating themselves with the Honey Boo Boo network.  Of ALL the families featured, this one needs that income the least.

• Love 1

Only after they're done parading those kids from stage to stage (inspirational public speaking courtesy of Dave Arnold), and who knows when that will be!  Good thing both children turned out to be so "adorable."  Charitable cause or educational value (and I cast side-eyes at both of those excuses) or not, no child should be born or adopted with a job to do.

• Love 1

Only after they're done parading those kids from stage to stage (inspirational public speaking courtesy of Dave Arnold), and who knows when that will be!  Good thing both children turned out to be so "adorable."  Charitable cause or educational value (and I cast side-eyes at both of those excuses) or not, no child should be born or adopted with a job to do.

Agree. But the clock is ticking on the Cute Factor. The appeal of both Will and Zoey on this basis will only last a couple more years tops. I might be the only person out there with this thought, but I think the Gosselins would have gone down when they actually did even if there had been no paparazzi and no tawdry divorce. Americans will watch babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers doing just about anything - because they really are that darned cute - but beyond kindergarten or first grade, not so much.

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 2

You got me curious.

A simple WHOIS inquiry of shopthelittlecouple.com revealed the following information:

Domain Name: SHOPTHELITTLECOUPLE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1872886761_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-08-26 14:15:48
Creation Date: 2014-08-26 14:15:48
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-08-26 14:15:48
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Rick Simpson
Registrant Organization: Snow Commerce
Registrant Street: 3 Denison Ln
Registrant City: Terrace Park
Registrant State/Province: Ohio
Registrant Postal Code: 45174
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.5132393168
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: rick.simpson@snowcommerce.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Rick Simpson
Admin Organization: Snow Commerce
Admin Street: 3 Denison Ln
Admin City: Terrace Park
Admin State/Province: Ohio
Admin Postal Code: 45174
Admin Country: United States

If you go to this link, you can see if any of the Snow Commerce principals have familiar names...

• Love 1

Thanks for the homework mojito!  I never heard back from the TLC network about TLC shop and if they are endorsing them or are affiliated in any way nor did I hear back from the shopping site for the items.  I think it has been confirmed though that Dave Arnold is behind the venture.

I was wondering....if you saw someone wearing a Little Couple sweatshirt or went to someoen's house and saw a Little Couple pillow, what would you think?

Foghorn, did you find any names you recognize in Snow Commerce?

• Love 1

No mojito, I did not see any names I would recognize but didn't expect too.  I am sure that is the company that handles the orders and shipments and does the grunt work so to speak.  I didn't expect to see Dave Arnold's pic or Bill's there!  LOL

I can't imagine being such a fan that I would wear any show's momentos or drink coffee from a Baba cup every day!  

I wonder if the TCH gift shop is carrying those items!!!  Anyone, anyone?? 

• Love 1

Maybe so. I was just curious....I wondered, looking at the names, if this organization was even US-based. And that got me wondering about a scam.

I too wondered scam which is why I emailed the network and also the site directly.  The network has responded with an acknowledgment and a promise of a reply but the actual shopping site has not responded in spite of their site promise of a maximum 2 business day reply.  

I think it is a buyer beware situation, "guard your card!"

• Love 1

I'm still not certain the link with Jen's father is solid. I read the information here, but it strikes me  a scam group might have made there appear to be a connection. This isn't a defense for Mr. Arnold. I don't really have any feelings about him at all. It just seems hinky. 

• Love 3

Maybe I'm dense but I don't see how this site is associated with Mr. Arnold (Jen's father). And when I do a search, unless I actually key in that address, nothing takes me to that site. It just looks like a non-credible site to me. 

• Love 2

Maybe I'm dense but I don't see how this site is associated with Mr. Arnold (Jen's father). And when I do a search, unless I actually key in that address, nothing takes me to that site. It just looks like a non-credible site to me. 

No you are not dense but something odd is going on.

The association to Dave Arnold came from Linkedin, a business professional network.  On Dec 2 on this thread the info about Dave and his background in marketing products was cut and pasted and included a reference to The Little Couple and to the TLC network.  

However, if you go to that same link today those references have been removed.  

Why?

Here is the before and here is the way it appears today about Dave Arnold.   

Posted Dec 2 on this thread:

"President

DLF Sales & Marketing

Sales & Marketing for Consumer Goods, Publishing Industry, Data Management Services for Sales Improvement at Retail, including Scan Based Trading Practices & Related Services. Direct Relationship with 'The Little Couple' from The Learning Channel-Speaking Engagements for Business, Training, Motivation, and Inspiration!"

Consumer goods like household items with "The Little Couple" emblazoned on them, since he has a direct relationship" with the show?  And inspirational speaking engagements!

And here is what it says today if you go to Linkedin.  The references to the show and network have been removed, why?  

President

DLF Sales & Marketing

Sales & Marketing for Consumer Goods, Publishing Industry, Data Management Services for Sales Improvement at Retail, including Scan Based Trading Practices & Related Services.

Sneaky feeling it is not legit. The copyright symbol is supposed to be clear... at least it was back in the day when I worked in the business.

Here is the contact page link and you can see it is not the right logo here, "THE" is beside the word Little not above the letter "i".  I think the network owns the logo and it has been modified for a reason but not sure why it wasn't modified on all the products.  

http://www.shopthelittlecouple.com/contact-us/

Something is not right.

No you are not dense but something odd is going on.

The association to Dave Arnold came from Linkedin, a business professional network.  On Dec 2 on this thread the info about Dave and his background in marketing products was cut and pasted and included a reference to The Little Couple and to the TLC network.  

Why?

"President

DLF Sales & Marketing

And here is what it says today if you go to Linkedin.  The references to the show and network have been removed, why?  

President

DLF Sales & Marketing

Sales & Marketing for Consumer Goods, Publishing Industry, Data Management Services for Sales Improvement at Retail, including Scan Based Trading Practices & Related Services.

Here is the contact page link and you can see it is not the right logo here, "THE" is beside the word Little not above the letter "i".  I think the network owns the logo and it has been modified for a reason but not sure why it wasn't modified on all the products.  

http://www.shopthelittlecouple.com/contact-us/

Something is not right.

I get what you're saying. What I'm wondering is whether this:

Means what we saw on the other Little Couple sales site. Perhaps they were originally selling in the TLC store, for example. And this site occurred and they shut stuff down. The products were just so lame compared to the TLC products. 

I get what you're saying. What I'm wondering is whether this:

"Consumer goods like household items with "The Little Couple" emblazoned on them, since he has a direct relationship" with the show?  And inspirational speaking engagements!"

Did not mean this Little Couple sales site. Perhaps they were originally selling in the TLC store, for example. And this site occurred and they shut stuff down. The products were just so lame compared to the TLC products. 

Why?

"President

DLF Sales & Marketing

President

DLF Sales & Marketing

Something is not right.

Something is not right but we can fix it. Part of the "before" you have above and I've copied below is another poster's opinion. It was never part of David Arnold's LinkedIn profile. I think the way the poster formatted the post made it seem as if it was copied from the site, it wasn't. It's just that poster's opinion.

The short version: David Arnold has not changed his profile. There is no before or after.

Here's the original post. I went back and added some quote tags to offset the confusion.

It looks like this would be the pertinent part:

• Love 6

Something is not right but we can fix it. Part of the "before" you have above and I've copied below is another poster's opinion. It was never part of David Arnold's LinkedIn profile. I think the way the poster formatted the post made it seem as if it was copied from the site, it wasn't. It's just that poster's opinion.

The short version: David Arnold has not changed his profile. There is no before or after.

Here's the original post. I went back and added some quote tags to offset the confusion.

Well that is a shame in many ways.  I think I was willing to give it more credence if Dave Arnold had been behind it!     

I am not on Facebook and don't know a lot about it. I have a question. The link is on The Little Couple's Facebook page. If the website wasn't affiliated with the family or the network in any way, wouldn't they want to remove the link or post a disclaimer warning people that they weren't affiliated with the site? Wouldn't they tell people to shop at their own risk? By not removing the link or posting a disclaimer aren't they endorsing the site without actually endorsing it?

You have a good point, but I can't find the link on the facebook page.

You have a good point, but I can't find the link on the facebook page.

Go to The Little Couple home page on Facebook then scroll down to photos on the left hand side of the page and click on the white square pillow that says Little Couple and you will see the link posted Dec 2.  It came out on Cyber Monday.    

• Love 1

So the family was on Dr Oz today discussing Bill's back.  Bill had spinal stenosis.  He was 6 weeks post surgery and said he had more difficulty sleeping now and was in more pain than before but the doctors were hopeful for major improvements.  He confirmed to Oz pain medication was very necessary both before and after the surgery.  I noticed he had difficulty moving around a bit more than usual like stepping up on a stage and onto the couch and he looked like he almost winced a couple of times.  I wonder how he manages those kids who require a lot of physical effort on his part.  

I remember when Bill was at the doctor's that there were two options: 1) might not fix the problem completely but the recovery time was a few weeks to a couple months and 2) was the better long term option, but recovery was 4-6 months if I'm remembering correctly?

So, is it safe to assume that he took option #1.

I remember when Bill was at the doctor's that there were two options: 1) might not fix the problem completely but the recovery time was a few weeks to a couple months and 2) was the better long term option, but recovery was 4-6 months if I'm remembering correctly?

So, is it safe to assume that he took option #1.

On Dr Oz Jen clarified the surgery and said it started off one way with option 1 but then he ended up with option 2 (fusion) but it was not stated if it was during the same surgery or if another one followed.  It had been 6 weeks since the surgery when the show was taped.  They said fusion would be 5-6 months recovery time so I think he is mobile but carefully so and with many limitations.     

• Love 1

A fusion permanently join together two or more bones in the spine so there is no movement between them. That also means restricted movement in that area for life. I believe Jen has a neck fusion- she has limited neck turning ability. It doesn't really limit her though and it won't limit Bill. It is the price you pay for a stronger spine and less pain.

It takes time for the bones to fuse(grow) together. It is a painful process but the pain should eventually stop.

• Love 1

It doesn't really limit her though and it won't limit Bill. It is the price you pay for a stronger spine and less pain.

I wonder how she drives when she can't turn her neck, they must have special mirrors on their vehicles so she can make safe lane changes.  I notice when she is in the car with the kids behind her she uses the mirror to look at them or she sits in the seat beside them.    

It takes time for the bones to fuse(grow) together. It is a painful process but the pain should eventually stop.

In addition, there is irritation of the nerves that emerge between the vertebrae in cases of spinal stenosis.  That takes time to subside as well.  You can always hope for instant relief but that's seldom the case.  Long term, though, once healed he should be golden.

• Love 1

I agree that Jen and Bill could comfortably purchase a beach house, without stretching themselves beyond their means.  They seem to possess an abundance of common sense, unlike some other reality TV families.  So, I don't think they would buy it, if it would take anything (financially) away from Will or Zoey's future.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4

For me, I wouldn't do it because Galveston is 30-45 minutes from their home now. It would seem to be smarter to buy that and sell their home they built and let Jennifer commute, or just not buy it. Or maybe look for something smaller. Despite efforts to pep it up, Galveston has quite a bit of...well, I don't want to offend, so I'll say it's far from Paradise. And it's frequently hit by hurricanes.  I know there's insurance, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that's a newer house that had been rebuilt. It's nicer than most there and the beach is nicer. Anytime I've gone to a friends beach house there, it's those ugly house on stilts. 

• Love 1