Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

I think that their show ended because of business problems. As I recall, their production company did some kind of fraud. After that, I think that Bill and Jen sued the production company. I don't think the show ending had anything to do with the Kleins being too high class for the network. I think that their cancellation had to do with problems related to the production company.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

They just advertised that Jen and Bill Arnold from "The Little Couple" like the farm house look, and Jon Knight on Farmhouse Fixer is  working with them, it's in the usual time and day, Wednesday at 8 pm Central, and 9 pm Eastern on HGTV, on October 19th.    I guess it's just one episode, and only the kitchen. 

Apparently it's the kitchen on their new house, but I think they said the house is on an acre or two. 

https://tvshowsace.com/2022/09/08/the-little-couple-jen-arnold-teases-new-kitchen-reveal/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, Libby said:

I think that their show ended because of business problems. As I recall, their production company did some kind of fraud. After that, I think that Bill and Jen sued the production company. I don't think the show ending had anything to do with the Kleins being too high class for the network. I think that their cancellation had to do with problems related to the production company.

I remember reading about it, sounded like they got too big for their britches formed their own production company then there was a lawsuit and TLC said “BYE! don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out!”  👋 

so Zoey can whine all she wants I doubt the Klein’s will ever be invited back for their own show on TLC  👎🏻

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I watched Farmhouse Fixer last night with them, and hoo boy.  Their budget was like 1.2 to 1.6 million.  They looked at 3 houses, absolutely gorgeous.  The third was mid construction, and they chose that one and made changes to the kitchen for their heights.  I love Jonathan Knight, he was great with them.

• Mind Blown 4

Hey, if you've got it, spend it. As long as they're not displaying their kids on nationwide TV for the money, I wish them all the best. I hope that they love and enjoy their new house.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, Libby said:

Hey, if you've got it, spend it. As long as they're not displaying their kids on nationwide TV for the money, I wish them all the best. I hope that they love and enjoy their new house.

I agree that it’s their money and they can do with it as they please but sometimes it’s better to dial that back a bit when raising small children and being good role models.

They’ve over indulged those two kids at every opportunity, ordering in breakfasts, lunches, fancy dinners for almost every meal, buying every expensive toy known to mankind, throwing over the top birthday parties, over the top Christmas celebrations with gifts stacked to the ceiling, (in fact having 2 fancy parties for every occasion) one for the show and one for themselves, both elaborate as hell) allowing them to run the show and giving them everything they ask for no matter how ridiculous, it’s no wonder they’ve turned into bossy little brats with little appreciation for anything or anyone.

Zoey speaks like a 4 yr old and sits there on camera demanding a new TV show and covering Jens mouth with her hand and shushing her…. And Jen is so used to that kind of behaviour that she posts it on Instagram like it’s normal for a child to be so rude! 🙄

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/14/2022 at 7:56 AM, ginger90 said:

BBEDE1BF-A69B-4971-98F2-0014DB18F1D5.jpeg

They actually look really good.  I haven’t seen them since the show last aired, except for something quick during covid entry.  I do hope things go well with the kids.  

• Applause 3
13 minutes ago, Meh said:

How old are the kids now? I have lost track since they are no longer on TV?

Isn't that great that except for a few instagram posts the kids are getting to live private lives and aren't being used to fund their parents' lifestyle?  

Zoe is 11 and will be 12 in September.  Will turned 13 in February.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Isn't that great that except for a few instagram posts the kids are getting to live private lives and aren't being used to fund their parents' lifestyle?  

Zoe is 11 and will be 12 in September.  Will turned 13 in February.

I don't for a minute think Jen or Bill are using the kids to finance their lifestyle! Jen is a well known Doctor and Bill runs his own business. Their incomes alone finance their lifestyle maybe with their portion of the TLC$.

I don't know for certain, but I imagine they are putting away Zoe's and Will's earnings into savings accounts for their school and any future medical expenses they may have. 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3

Their salaries certainly did not afford the houses they bought especially the one in Florida. They were using the TLC money and no one was going to be watching the show as long as they did just for Bill and Jen.  I'm glad the kids were only on the show for a few years.  Bill wasn't even working the whole time.  After leaving the pet store, I'm not sure what he was doing except caring for Jen and the children.  Perhaps he started another business that wasn't as well known or wasn't mentioned on the show although all his other ventures had been.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, Gramto6 said:

I don't for a minute think Jen or Bill are using the kids to finance their lifestyle! Jen is a well known Doctor and Bill runs his own business. Their incomes alone finance their lifestyle maybe with their portion of the TLC$.

I don't know for certain, but I imagine they are putting away Zoe's and Will's earnings into savings accounts for their school and any future medical expenses they may have. 

I think that they did use their kids to finance their lifestyle. If they didn't want to go that route, when they first adopted the children, they would have quit the show. Will and Zoey had very hard lives to that point. Bill and Jen could have decided to forego the show, and the money it brought, in the children's best interest. They chose the show and money instead.

I think that Bill and Jen made a bad decision regarding their children right out of the gate.

Thank goodness the problem with the production company forced Bill and Jen off of TV. It worked out well for Will and Zoey.

• Love 1

This was the last article I could find about the lawsuits:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5814680/little-couple-jen-arnold-bill-klein-show-renewed-canceled/#:~:text=The show postponement is likely due to the duo's lawsuit with producers.&text=The legal matter started in,Discovery Communications for %247 million.

While Discovery did renew the trademark, they've had since around 2020 to put new shows on the air if they intended to do so.  I'm guessing they renewed the trademark as routine to prevent another entity from using it.  The kids are well beyond the cute stage and the parents may recognize that teens and pre-teens should have a say in being on TV and also those are years with a greater need for privacy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

It seems like Zoe desperately wanted to continue being on TV. There was a video post by Jen in which Zoe was bratty, constantly interrupting her mother inserting her want to be on TV. It was disturbing to watch how bratty she came across. Sadly, I think those kids are spoiled and run the household instead of their parents running things.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

For those who follow Jen on Instagram she has apologized and asked for grace to forgive Will's Tiktok since removed with him dancing along with  Madagascar Movie  penguins while explicit and foul lyrics from Three 6 Mafia's "Half On a Sack" played.

She states he is new to his own social media account and has veered off the road with his choice of musical content.

I am guessing Zoey will out vulgar Will when given the chance to post on her own social media account.

They grow up so fast....

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
On 9/17/2023 at 5:43 PM, Sharla said:

After the lack of discipline given the kids earlier, this is not a shock to me.

They were really out of control the last couple of seasons, particularly during that trip to Scotland.  I always thought Jen was in over her head - no pun intended - with parenting Will and especially when Zoey was added, as they seemed to gang up against her.

Edited by Dibs
typo
  • Like 10