Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

This is about the age where they are able to start doing stuff on their own like get in and out of the tub. Heck, they might just shower with their parents. My bestie and her husband did with their kids when they were about Zoey's age. 

yep!  Around that age my nephew also preferred the shower.  He would just sit in there by himself though and play lol

• Love 3

The cribs are likely modified to allow Jen or Bill to remove the children without lifting them out. It's probably a hinged door on the front that opens like a barn door. If Will is already in a regular bed, fire safety gets even easier.

We have seen their beds and neither one has a crib per se.  Will has had a bunk bed right from the start he can get out of himself and Zoey's is like an elevated day bed with step stools beside it and I am sure there is a side rail that pulls up for sleeping so she doesn't fall out.  Will's had a side slide out bed in case he fell out and Bill said he often slept on it to settle Will down for a nap.     

• Love 1
TL C will push for more drama to increase the ratings

I don't see what sort of drama they would even attempt to push for, if any. Jen's battled cancer, Bill had a surgery which could have left him paralyzed, they live every day as little people raising two little ones with the same condition as their own, unless TLC would attempt to turn them into a sort of sitcom, which is just not feasible imo, there's nothing they can do or would be allowed to do any differently.

Bill and Jen are incredibly protective of their children in many ways, as they should be. They haven't even allowed Zoey and Will to be filmed when they aren't with them at home or out and about with them or their grandparents. And even then it's random stops, it's restaurants or shops, but nowhere terribly personal to the family or the kids, such as their school, or the homes of friends or playmates, or even where they go to their kiddie gym, etc. We didn't even see them getting dropped off for their first day of school, or picked up, or anything of the sort.

And as for Jen and Bill, Jen is a doctor so that won't change, she can't suddenly start taking a billion trips or heading off to parts unknown just because. And even with his freedom considering the type of work he does, Bill is basically a homebody who lives for his wife and kids.

Though they don't seem to mind the spotlight, and I for one don't mind or care that they do, I've never gotten the impression that Jen and Bill can be manipulated into anything and their show has never really been about "drama", imho, outside of the ups and downs that they've faced in their lives and their journey to and through parenthood.

If the ratings drop enough to make TLC finally call it quits I think they'll move along just fine. They had full, happy lives before the show and I am certain they'll have the same once it's over.

I think Jen and Bill enjoy being able to share parts of themselves with the rest of the world, being role models and examples of what can happen when you never allow any short comings, no pun intended, keep you down and keep you from dreaming big and achieving whatever you put your mind to.

However, I also don't believe that they're addicted to the lime light either. I think for a reality show couple they're about as "normal" as one could be and frankly are far more normal than many couples I know of who have never spent a single second on camera.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 12

I don't see what sort of drama they would even attempt to push for, if any. Jen's battled cancer, Bill had a surgery which could have left him paralyzed, they live every day as little people raising two little ones with the same condition as their own, unless TLC would attempt to turn them into a sort of sitcom, which is just not feasible imo, there's nothing they can do or would be allowed to do any differently.

Bill and Jen are incredibly protective of their children in many ways, as they should be. They haven't even allowed Zoey and Will to be filmed when they aren't with them at home or out and about with them or their grandparents. And even then it's random stops, it's restaurants or shops, but nowhere terribly personal to the family or the kids, such as their school, or the homes of friends or playmates, or even where they go to their kiddie gym, etc. We didn't even see them getting dropped off for their first day of school, or picked up, or anything of the sort.

And as for Jen and Bill, Jen is a doctor so that won't change, she can't suddenly start taking a billion trips or heading off to parts unknown just because. And even with his freedom considering the type of work he does, Bill is basically a homebody who lives for his wife and kids.

Though they don't seem to mind the spotlight, and I for one don't mind or care that they do, I've never gotten the impression that Jen and Bill can be manipulated into anything and their show has never really been about "drama", imho, outside of the ups and downs that they've faced in their lives and their journey to and through parenthood.

If the ratings drop enough to make TLC finally call it quits I think they'll move along just fine. They had full, happy lives before the show and I am certain they'll have the same once it's over.

I think Jen and Bill enjoy being able to share parts of themselves with the rest of the world, being role models and examples of what can happen when you never allow any short comings, no pun intended, keep you down and keep you from dreaming big and achieving whatever you put your mind to.

However, I also don't believe that they're addicted to the lime light either. I think for a reality show couple they're about as "normal" as one could be and frankly are far more normal than many couples I know of who have never spent a single second on camera.

I agree completely. If the show ends after the Spring season - or never even comes back for a Spring season, I believe both Jen and Bill will be completely OK with it. Maybe even overjoyed. Personally I think - and hope - they have an end game planned right now.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

I must admit I'm super confused by all the posts saying Bill, Jen, and the kids should stop filming because the reality-TV life is harmful to the kids - but yet there's all this excitement about a new "little family" coming on board. Why?  Are Bill/Jen/Will/Zoey somehow better than this other family that's starting to film?  Is there some # of years after which filming becomes harmful?

• Love 6

I do not think anyone is saying they are better. I( and maybe others) just think it is time for them to move on and be a family without cameras around and give the kids a chance to really flourish in a more typical home environment.

• Love 3

I do not think anyone is saying they are better. I( and maybe others) just think it is time for them to move on and be a family without cameras around and give the kids a chance to really flourish in a more typical home environment.

Agree!  It is not a matter of pushing one aside to watch another.  Been there done that.   

• Love 1

I agree completely. If the show ends after the Spring season - or never even comes back for a Spring season, I believe both Jen and Bill will be completely OK with it. Maybe even overjoyed. Personally I think - and hope - they have an end game planned right now.

I'd bet the boathouse they do. Jen and Bill are very thoughtful people, imo, they never seem to just make a move without going over the pros and cons, especially Jen, heh.

Personally I feel as if they've already cut back on filming as is. There was a lot going on in their lives at the time of filming which never made it onto the show but could have.  

I think that the longer a show is on, the more the network starts reaching for storylines. I think they start airing things that the family would prefer not be shown. Once the contract is signed, I don't think there's much the family can do about it.

They can only reach for and film what is there and what happens in their everyday lives. Unless they try to fake a medical emergency at Jen's hospital or let loose a rabid dog in Bill's pet shop the show is going to get pretty much what its' getting now I would imagine.

And if the show tried to get them to enter into such a clause I don't believe they'd sign it. Certainly not Jen, because if she's even half the control freak she's shown flashes of being, heh, then there's little to no chance she's giving up that much control to a TV show.

Plus they've also shown that they are very conscious about what gets filmed and what is aired in the episodes, they've talked about it. They even said that it was ultimately their decision to allow the show to film during Jen's cancer battle, that was a choice they made to share her and the family's struggles during that time.

It also happened when they sent the cameras away both times right after they brought their kids home from overseas. Jen and Bill had the freedom and ability to send the whole crew home and didn't film a single scene for weeks,. they didn't even set up cameras to film without anyone there.

To me if the show was really wanting to press the drama angle they would have forced their hands then but clearly didn't either because they respected Jen and Bill's decision enough, which considering the relationship they seem to share with the show and crew I think that's easily true, or it is in the contract that Bill and Jen have a large say so in what they film and air about their family which to me would explain why they've been comfortable keeping the show going for so long.

If the show tried to change that up, making it clear that they would film and show whatever they wanted to with or without Bill and Jen's say so I think that would quickly put an end to the show. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

This is my impression: TLC is still pretty wholesome as far as reality tv goes. They are still likable and somewhat relatable. Reality tv follows some patterns because humans follow patterns. I think there's a growing concern that Jen (and to a smaller extent Bill) is going to betray the audience by revealing she's a horrible she beast. All the good feelings will turn sour and the fun dies. If the show ends now, the betrayal never comes and the sense of dread goes away.

A new family doesn't inspire this dread because we don't care about them yet. 

• Love 5
A new family doesn't inspire this dread because we don't care about them yet.

That's a really good point, WrestlesFlamingos. I hadn't thought about it that way, but very true. I have a hard time watching any little kids on shows - fine when they're babies, but once they're old enough to kinda know what's going on but too young to give consent I start getting uncomfortable (applies to lots of shows - this one, Dance Moms, Teen Mom, etc.).  It is easier before I feel like I 'know' the kids though.

• Love 1

I wouldn't imagine that the Kleins contract is set up differently than the rest of the TL C families.

It would be interesting to see some contracts. I can't imagine they could all possibly be the same. I do think Jen is a producer of some sort though. Perhaps for the scenes that take place in the hospital?

It would be interesting to see some contracts. I can't imagine they could all possibly be the same. I do think Jen is a producer of some sort though. Perhaps for the scenes that take place in the hospital?

Jen told us TCH laid out guidelines about allowable filming and content about the hospital and I am sure she has to ensure these are adhered to.  TLC has a tried and true format for their reality shows and this one is following the same as we have seen in the past.  Themed birthday parties, a child's "first" dentist trip/hair cut/trip somewhere and of course the ever popular vow renewal!  Those have been done so what is next.        

I think the drop in ratings and popularity can be attributed to viewers getting bored.  The kids aren't giving the camera much to work with. There are no talking heads not even one with just Bill and Will talking about anything "Will tell me about your car?"  The kids don't talk to each other let alone other kids or anyone on the show.  They answer questions with a yes or no nothing else or repeat a word said to them.  They are indeed cute but that is becoming old.  The show is becoming boring and predictable.      

I think they allowed filming of the cancer crisis and spinal surgery for ratings.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

I think it is not an accident we see so little of Will and Zoey. Yes we have seen doctor appointments but we really aren't told anything. We don't see them at school or unsupervised play.BTW I think the kids do talk to each other. When Will called pumpkin pie pumpkin cake Zoey taps him on the shoulder with her fork and corrects him. I think Bill and Jen have gone out of their way to limit the kids on screen. That's part of the reason there is so much speculation about what's up with the kids. I think it's a good thing. More info only gives people who want find something to criticize more to work with.

• Love 8

I'm one of those whose interest is waning. When I heard they were adopting, that interested me because that's something I would like to do in the future and so I was curious about the process. The kids are cute, but not really that interesting. Their lives are just basically normal.  They are the only show of this style I watch.  I can only record two shows at once with my DVR so I haven't even seen the one on Bill's surgery yet because it got bumped for two other Tuesday shows. I'll probably not pick it back up when it returns. 

• Love 2

Yes i believe we have gone pretty much full circle now. The next event would be another birthday party for Will. And how can they top the party at the zoo? I wish them all the best, they have a lot of people who are interested in seeing them do well as a family and I would like to see them pursue that without cameras around. Twitter and Facebook is fine to keep up with them.  I was amused to see some new pics on Jen's Twitter account when i checked today so maybe they have someone reading these posts.after all.

• Love 3

I thought the whole Ebola procedure thing was a "well we have nothing else to show....." types of things.

Yea it's great to see Jenn in her work environment and to see what their hospital is doing to keep up to date on things - but that really seemed a little out of place and random. 

So if that's them reaching for storylines - then reach away lol

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 1

I thought the whole Ebola procedure thing was a "well we have nothing else to show....." types of things.

And by the time it aired Ebola had fallen off the news radar after being the #1 headline for weeks.  I fast forwarded that whole segment and did wonder why it took up so much airtime.  

• Love 1

I think it is not an accident we see so little of Will and Zoey. Yes we have seen doctor appointments but we really aren't told anything. We don't see them at school or unsupervised play.BTW I think the kids do talk to each other. When Will called pumpkin pie pumpkin cake Zoey taps him on the shoulder with her fork and corrects him. I think Bill and Jen have gone out of their way to limit the kids on screen. That's part of the reason there is so much speculation about what's up with the kids. I think it's a good thing. More info only gives people who want find something to criticize more to work with.

Well the kids make the show so less kids= less viewers=less ratings.  I think we learn a lot from the doctor's appointments although I think Will may have a lingering urology issue as this was one of his first surgeries in China.  Zoey did tap Will with her fork and say pie and I think Will giggled but that is far from talking with each other.  Less info can bring on the same criticisms unfortunately.  

• Love 2

Personally the very reason I enjoy watching Jen and Bill and the kids is because I don't feel as if I am watching "actors" putting on a show for me. Reality television has changed quite a bit over the years and not for the better, imo.

Shows like "Honey Boo Boo" or "Toddlers and Tiaras" or "Kate Plus 8" or the "Housewives" terrible franchise or those incredibly annoying and pathetic "Kardashian" group, etc, these people open up their lives on camera but their lives are nothing to be proud of, imho. To me they're trashy, uneducated, unintelligent, they're terrible parents often with terrible kids to show for their ineptness, and they are oh so willing to sink to the lowest of lows for attention and higher ratings.

But when I watch the Arnold-Klein family I can just be content in knowing there will be no crazy/stupid stunts, no silly and improbable situations, no hateful spats and fights and arguments, no one shouting out expletives as they're dragged out from a restaurant/bar and hauled off to jail. I like seeing a real family living a relatively normal life. I enjoy seeing two precious little ones doted on and loved and cared for 24/7, and I like seeing a couple that loves one another so much, willing to do so much for each other and their kids.

I just feel as if the show is a bright spot in a sea of negative blackness that normally exists on television, and it is a very welcome spot for me.

Well Jen works at a hospital in Texas, and during the time they were filming Ebola was a huge issue in this country, especially in that state, so I actually would have been surprised if they didn't capture it all on film if allowed. They have shown her going through such medical emergencies before, how her hospital handles one issue or another. Being a doctor is a large part of Jen's life, and I like seeing her in her element and showing off just how skilled she is.

Also without being mind readers they wouldn't have known how much the subject of Ebola would have dropped off the radar by the time the show came back on air. The fear mongering has waned thank goodness, heh. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 11

The favoritism is not clear to the entire viewing public because I don't see it.

If you read any of my posts I am pretty harsh on Jen and her parenting skills but, I agree I see no favoritism one way or the other. I see parents that are trying to figure it out day by day and I do believe since Jen was sick during the initial bonding time with Zoey she maybe trying to make up for lost time. She shows Will affection just as often as Zoey but, what we saw this season is the kids being separated and Will with dad and Zoey with mom. Which I think is common. I am sure that Jen and Will are still doing mommy Will day and Bill is having his day with Zoey.

• Love 2

Auntl, I don't believe Jen is much interested in dressing up Bill.  She seems far too preoccupied with dressing up Zoey at present.  In fact, she was buying clothing for Zoey long before there was a Zoey, while poor Bill -- and now Will -- go around with their shirt tails hanging out...  As for her own appearance, she has never spared any expense, from what I can see.  Don't get me started on those poor dogs...

I agree, I believe Bill dresses like he wants and he isn't one to be pushed one way or another. In earlier seasons, he would look to her for decisions with clothes and basically would get what she would want or if shopping without her whatever he like he would pick the opposite because that is what she would probably pick. Clearly Jen dresses Zoey to her style and dresses Will to Bills. I'm sure she will be mortified if Zoey turns out to be a tomboy as she gets older. Something else I have noticed with clothing is we rarely see Bill in pants, I know it's warm in Houston but, he always has on shorts even in interviews on other stations and media outlets. I think the only time he wears pants is with a suit. In my opinion they aren't evenly matched in clothing when together, she is overdressed and he under dressed. On an interview on Katie Couric, she was so cute and casual in a sweater and skirt and Will had on khaki pants and a sweater and here comes Bill with an Izod short sleeve top and plaid shorts and lace up shoes looking as if he going out to lunch on the beach.

I think Bill wears shorts for the same reason I do whenever possible - because I'm short but have large waist, so it's very hard to find slacks that fit just right. When I wear shorts or Capri pants, I don't have to worry about the hemline.

I don't know how hot it gets in Houston, but as another Long Islander, I'm not really crazy about the heat. I'm sure if I lived there I would wear shorts 24/7.

• Love 3

I think Bill wears shorts for the same reason I do whenever possible - because I'm short but have large waist, so it's very hard to find slacks that fit just right. When I wear shorts or Capri pants, I don't have to worry about the hemline.

I don't know how hot it gets in Houston, but as another Long Islander, I'm not really crazy about the heat. I'm sure if I lived there I would wear shorts 24/7.

It gets unbearably hot and humid in Houston. The climate there is similar to south Florida. The summers are looooong.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

Jen posted an article on Twitter. It was about calorie counts on menus and it also said that it would be good if menus posted the amount of exercise a child would need to do to offset the calories consumed.

I hope Jen takes her own advice and becomes more cognizant of what her children are eating. It doesn't appear that she is overly concerned about it, based on what we see on the show.

I remember the episode when they were leaving China with Will and he had to get weighed as part of his travel physical and Jen said he had gained 3lbs already, wow, he is with them like for a week or so and puts on 3lbs?!?  She said then little people should not carry extra weight around their organs.  

Interesting about the weight too for Jen and Bill.  I was watching very old episodes originally aired in 2009.  It was Bill's 35th birthday.  I couldn't believe how much bigger Jen was then yet Bill was much slimmer!  

It's very common for kids to gain weight fairly quickly once they've been adopted. In the orphanage or whomever is taking care of them the food isn't as accessible.  Which is why you do have to be careful when giving food to kids who have been adopted.  They're constantly trying to get as much as they can because they're used to having so little.

• Love 3

It's very common for kids to gain weight fairly quickly once they've been adopted. In the orphanage or whomever is taking care of them the food isn't as accessible.  Which is why you do have to be careful when giving food to kids who have been adopted.  They're constantly trying to get as much as they can because they're used to having so little.

I am sure the food in the orphanage was controlled at mealtimes and snacks but the significant change was likely starting to be exposed to North American foods. They were enjoying North American foods at the hotel and Bill brought Will his first cheeseburger and fries from good old McD's to get him kick started.  

I am sure the food in the orphanage was controlled at mealtimes and snacks but the significant change was likely starting to be exposed to North American foods. They were enjoying North American foods at the hotel and Bill brought Will his first cheeseburger and fries from good old McD's to get him kick started.

I was going to comment on the Goldfish from one of the other threads. Fat and salt. They are delicious together, and processed food is engineered to keep you craving fat and salt. I am very careful about snacks like potato chips; I will eat them if I'm out but don't dare bring them home, since I cannot stop after just one.

But introducing American fat and salty food to a child just seems such a foolish thing to brag about. I wonder, though, if the food in the orphanage was any healthier.

I wonder, though, if the food in the orphanage was any healthier.

I found this interesting link about orphanage food in China.   It also makes a recommendation to adoptive parents not to change the diet too quickly.  He went from orphanage food to 5* dining room hotel food and McDonalds overnight.    

I remember the 3 of them sitting at the table eating chicken, rice and broccoli a couple of months after bringing Will home and Jen asking Bill to make sure Will ate more than just the rice.  

http://adoptionnutrition.org/nutrition-by-country/china/

I remember the episode when they were leaving China with Will and he had to get weighed as part of his travel physical and Jen said he had gained 3lbs already, wow, he is with them like for a week or so and puts on 3lbs?!?  She said then little people should not carry extra weight around their organs.  

Interesting about the weight too for Jen and Bill.  I was watching very old episodes originally aired in 2009.  It was Bill's 35th birthday.  I couldn't believe how much bigger Jen was then yet Bill was much slimmer!  

Was he weighed on the same scale each time?  I have found that all scales are different.  At home I weigh 103, and at my docs I weigh 110.

Bill and Jen have boring tweets on twitter these days. No way near as many cute pics of the kids like they used to post. I guess they are trying to bring the focus back on themselves as professionals. Too bad.... Pandoras box has already been opened.

• Love 2

Bill and Jen have boring tweets on twitter these days. No way near as many cute pics of the kids like they used to post. I guess they are trying to bring the focus back on themselves as professionals. Too bad.... Pandoras box has already been opened.

I'm wondering whether they are deliberately trying to dial back public interest - in preparation for ending the show? It seems as though the kids are being very quietly "withdrawn" from view which, if true, I think is great and in their best interest. I'll miss 'em, but IMO, it's better than they're NOT on TV right now. If Will wants to host "The Price Is Right" in 20 years, more power to him...

• Love 2

Maybe a new contract is being negotiated thus the perceived "blackout."  Soap stars often go off canvas during those times of negotiation.  

Judy and Dave are regulars now and assist with the children at home or on the road and speak to the camera so I think they should be paid as well.   

It was a red flag when the products were being sold separate from the network, there was not even a link provided by the network.  

• Love 1

Will wasn't in an orphanage. He was in New Day foster home. They seem to be a very responsible organization. I would guess that they gave the children well balanced meals.

My cousin's two adopted kids were moved to a foster home after they officially adopted them but weren't able to legally bring them home yet.  They were very malnourished. But that doesn't mean all foster homes are like that, just means that not all foster homes can provide much of a better meal than an orphanage. 

My cousin and her husband went over and visited them 2 times in the year they were trying to get them home.  Each time they stayed 2-4 weeks. Each time the kids would gain wait while staying with them (and they didn't have american food - just local stuff), when they took them back to the foster home they would lose it again. 

• Love 1

I actually think that Will appeared to have lost weight this previous season!  Maybe it is because he has gained height and is losing his baby fat!  He definitely appeared slimmer to me!  Zoey is growing too, and looks more like a toddler now - she looks much more healthy since adopted by Jen and Bill!

• Love 5

Judy and Dave are regulars now and assist with the children at home or on the road and speak to the camera so I think they should be paid as well.

Have Judy and Dave voiced any complaint that they aren't paid to be on the show? Until they start complaining, whether *I* think they should be paid seems like a non issue. They may be perfectly happy with whatever arrangement is set up. They're adults. Until they say they aren't happy, I have to assume they are.

• Love 3

Have Judy and Dave voiced any complaint that they aren't paid to be on the show? Until they start complaining, whether *I* think they should be paid seems like a non issue. They may be perfectly happy with whatever arrangement is set up. They're adults. Until they say they aren't happy, I have to assume they are.

Yes they told me the other day!!!!  LOL  And you are right they may be happy but I think they are on the same money train!

Not that there is anything wrong with it as Seinfeld would say but in addition to $$$, I am sure there also have been plenty of perks for all of them due to their affiliation with TLC.  There are photos of the kids in the White House climbing on the furnture and with the First Family's dog. I can guarantee that a typical visitor is not allowed to take ANYTHING in there, especially a camera. And certainly not allowed to sit on the furniture or get anywhere near the First Family or their dogs. Judy has definitely had some sort of cosmetic changes done to her face, whether its botox or more. Jen and Bill have a lovely home and are contemplating buying a beach house which will at least according to Jen require the addition of an elevator. They all are probably driving nicer cars than they every would have had before TLC came along. And i recall one of Bill's TH moments when he said that he would welcome someone giving him tickets to the Superbowl. He said it partly in jest but Im sure he would have accepted them gladly had someone offered them. And back to cars for a moment, I wonder who gave the kids those expensive toy cars as Christmas presents that they had to take to a church parking lot to actually use?  They cannot possibly use those cars at the house and I doubt they have been used since. Just expensive toy props for a TLC episode. So the Kleins have done well and it is really due to the kids and the audience's interest in their development.  

• Love 3

I don't think anyone in the family really has a reason to be concerned about money or where it might be coming from.

Jen's parents seem well off and at their ages probably more than equipped to enter retirement without a fuss, if they haven't already. Jen and Bil, a rarity in Reality Television land, have real jobs that have nothing to do with being on TV and will be there long after the show ends.

Personally I don't think being on TV changes a person's perspective about money, so unless someone is actively looking for the financial angle of a situation they won't bother or see a need to. 

• Love 3

If the Arnold-Kleins are not exposing themselves to the public in order to make money, then why are they doing it? Why would they invite TV crews into their home, open themselves and their children to criticism, and risk exposing their children to all kinds of people in the world, if not for the pay check?

I said that I felt they had no reason to be overly concerned about making money from the show because of their outside resource which have nothing to do with TLC. 

I think Jen and Bill have quite a number of reasons, aside from money, as to why they do their show. They themselves have stated numerous times that they want to be examples to others, that they like bringing awareness to the world about people with their condition and health concerns and creating conversations and easing fears and misconceptions when possible.

They get "exposed" just leaving their house and having jobs that involve them dealing face to face with the public. They risk introducing their kids to all sorts of people just by taking them to the park or to school or the gym or on vacation.

Bill and Jen are of a very noticeable stature that will have them getting noticed regardless of whatever they do or don't do, or if they appeared on TV or not, and the same goes for the kids.

Bill and Jen could just as easily face criticism from strangers at the grocery store or in the mall, but I sincerely doubt they care. I can only imagine the things they heard and saw growing up and that was long before TLC ever aimed a camera in their direction.

They know that they will always have to deal with unwanted attention due to their condition, unless they hide away at home, or home school the kids and keep them indoors as much as possible it's just something they have to learn to live with and deal with.

Being on a Reality TV show, imo, does not automatically make someone into a money hungry fame junkie. In fact I think that The Little Couple is the last show on TLC that actually fits with the original meaning of the title, The Learning Channel. It's a show that teaches and educates as well as entertains.

As far as the point of do they make money from the show? Yes they do. Is it helpful for them to have additional income? I've no doubt it is, not even Bill Gates has stopped collecting his pay checks. But I don't think their first goal in life is to make money, it's to have a happy and comfortable life with the people they love, and they never needed the show, or the money they've made from it, to do that imho. 

I have no idea what lives in the hearts of Jen and Bill or her or his parents or other family members, but I have never viewed any of them as being overtly obsessed with money or how to make as much of it as they possibly can. Certainly not when compared against the "average" Reality Show families. 

ETA:

Until I see the face of Will or Zoey on a cookie package or cereal box shilling for a certain brand as an endorsement deal I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt about how much money means to them at this point in time, heh.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 10

Leaving your house, shopping, going to school or work, playing outside, does not let millions of people have exposure to you and your children. Being on TV does.

And so far that exposure hasn't harmed them in any way. The kids aren't stalked, at least as far as we know. They don't get people camping out on their front lawn, or trying to peep in windows or follow them in cars whenever they leave the house. Their parents or friends aren't followed or harassed.

Until the vast majority of people who watch the show suddenly send a wave of cruel and hurtful backlash against Jen and Bill for some reason, I don't see why they'd concern themselves with the idea of strangers having opinions about them.

That was the point I was making about whenever they go out or who they may come across in their every day life, and these are people who can actually see and talk to them face to face, they deal with stranger interactions every day, they've dealt with them since they were kids, it's nothing new to them and it didn't just start with the show.

And what I think is most important is that they've never allowed what someone thinks about them to affect the way they go about their lives, at least to me that's pretty obvious, so whether it be one person or one million, the opinion of a few or many isn't going to stand in their way or change what they're comfortable attempting in life.

Of course YMMV so I'll just agree to disagree about the number of people who watch the show potentially being a negative component in the long run.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4