Type keyword(s) to search

Intervention in the Media

• Start Topic

Yeah. The show's been around long enough, so I think it wasn't as easy to trick these addicts as it used to be. If that were me I'd be immediately concerned. I'm nobody interesting, who'd want to make a documentary based on me? I'd call shenanigans.

• Love 1

Yeah. The show's been around long enough, so I think it wasn't as easy to trick these addicts as it used to be. If that were me I'd be immediately concerned. I'm nobody interesting, who'd want to make a documentary based on me? I'd call shenanigans.

I'm not so sure on this. Addicts don't think like "normal people" (i.e. maybe they are so ingrained in their drug/alcohol use they aren't thinking clearly)

• Love 1

Watched a repeat from 2005 (?)

Megan: OMG!!! Her mother is one vile person. The mother's live in boyfriend starts raping her 15 yr old daughter and what does the mother do about it ?

SHE BLAMED MEGAN!!!!!!

Instead of calling the police, she moves to a different State with him.  She said that Megan was enticing him by the way that she walked around the house. WTF?!   I wanted to punch the mother in the face.

The father was no better because he didn't call the police or do a damn thing to help is daughter. He said that he knew but he "thought the mother would handle it" WTF?! . You could see the interventionist guy just seething.

The mother actually said  "shouldn't I be able to live my own life ?"  

Edited by Taylorh2

I am wondering, when Intervention returns if they will do any catch up specials to check in on some of there more crazy addicts. I would love to see what became of gambler Gabe and the alcoholic woman who drank mouthwash when she couldn't get vodka. I forget her name, but she was a mess. There are plenty, really.

• Love 1

the alcoholic woman who drank mouthwash when she couldn't get vodka. I forget her name, but she was a mess.

Leslie! I loved how her kids ignored her when she was passed out on the front lawn.

• Love 5

I think I must be the only one who remembers the stoner who lived in his parents basement who was addicted to video games.  They only showed that once, I think, and it was in that first season..  I suppose that wasn't nearly as interesting as stripping for cake.  I hope they show some of those 'lost' episodes.

Ive lurked forever, but this made me actually register and post for the first time. I am so happy!! I've seen almost every episode and cried for what the addicts and their families have lived through. Not every show on TV can say that it has changed peoples lives.

• Love 2

I was really sad when this show went off the air. I understood why, since it got to the point that the addicts started manipulating the show. Too bad it's not REALLY coming back, just Canadian episodes airing for US audiences to see, but I will watch every episode, just like I did with the original series. 

I think this show is a great example to show kids the reasons why they should not do drugs. It's not enough to tell a kid, "Drugs are bad...Mmmmkay?" It's more impactful when they can actually watch how a life will spiral out of control as a result of drugs. It removes the fun, exciting, cool side and replaces it with the real ugliness. 

I have a little boy who is 5 and I want to show him these episodes when he's older (and hopefully brand new ones someday). Seeing how cringeworthy it is watching someone shoot up a vein or pass out in their own vomit is way more impactful than a handful of lectures from mom and dad. 

This is one of the few shows that has truly changed lives and probably saved some future lives as well. 

• Love 2

Now, this is some most excellent news.

Ken Seeley will be back (he was always my favorite interventionist so I'm delighted with this bit of news).  Not sure about Candy or Jeff.

Glad A&E recovered from their temporary lapse of sanity and brought it back.

https://www.facebook.com/intervention?pnref=story

The Emmy Award-winning series ‪#‎Intervention‬ returns to A&E for a powerful new season March 1st at 9/8c. Stay tuned!

• Love 3

Thank you for the great news auntieminem! I so love this show. I just found out about the new show where criminals/addicts? have a choice of rehab or jail that just premiered last Thursday and now this news! Whoo Hooo! 2015 is gonna have some great t.v. for sure.

• Love 1

Is that true? I haven't seen the Canadian version because I'm too lazy to sort out how to get it. America has become so pro-weed, 3 legal states, many medical use states that it would be like a show about tylenol here. 

I have a friend that often forgets it's crime in her state and the worst the police did was an eye roll and lecture.

LMN began airing "new" episodes of Intervention which were actually repackaged episodes of Canada's version of the show. Several of the addicts specifically state that "smow-king dohhp" was the beginning of their downward spiral. The American version always pinpoints where the addict suffered severe trauma from an outside source while the Canadian version still goes for the "gateway drug" bullshit.

Kind of like claiming that taking a shower every day could cause you to develop severe mysophobia.

• Love 1

LMN began airing "new" episodes of Intervention which were actually repackaged episodes of Canada's version of the show. Several of the addicts specifically state that "smow-king dohhp" was the beginning of their downward spiral. The American version always pinpoints where the addict suffered severe trauma from an outside source while the Canadian version still goes for the "gateway drug" bullshit.

Kind of like claiming that taking a shower every day could cause you to develop severe mysophobia.

Lol. I think it depends...I bet for some people it was the jumping off point into a better, stronger high. I also think just about ALL of them have some prior issue that drove them straight to that same stronger, better high. 

Does anyone know if these new Intervention shows will broadcast on A & E like the old days? Thanks!

WOOT! Yep!

A&E’s Emmy® Award-winning and critically-acclaimed docuseries "Intervention" returns to the network for an all-new season on Sunday, March 22 at 9PM after a one-hour special covering the first 10 years of the groundbreaking series at 8PM ET/PT,”

In the one-hour “Intervention 10th Anniversary Special” preceding the new season premiere, original interventionists and production crew look back on memorable moments in series history and discuss its impact on pop culture.

That's where I saw it promoted!

The premiere episode will feature heroin addict Jessica from Springfield, Illinois who is living in an abandoned house on the west side of Chicago with five other addicts.

Here's the season premiere clip: 

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/video/new-season-preview

• Love 6

Anyone see the promotions for the new season? They play Hozier's Take Me To Church. I wonder if the Five steps song will be retired? The season opener and comeback (yippee!) episodes will be two hours. The first will be updates on many of the ex- addicts. This will be one clip show i will look forward to seeing. I'm glad to finally have more than The Black Screen tell me updates about people I've grown to care for in an hour. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I am confused,  Intervention was not on Sunday (or did I miss it?) However it says there is a new one on LMN tonight at 9.   On A&E it says new episodes will be back in July.

Edited by auntieminem
(edited)

The "new" episode on LMN tonight at 9 is an Intervention Canada from 2011, Barry (season1, episode 10): http://www.slice.ca/intervention-canada/episode-guide/barry/

Hailing from a small seaside town in Nova Scotia, Barry, 50, was born into a life of alcoholism and turmoil. The victim of childhood abuse at the hands of a close relative, Barry learned to drink with his alcoholic mother as a boy. Both were seeking a way to kill the pain. A gentle giant when sober, but violent and verbally abusive when spiraling on 40 ounces of vodka a day, Barry has alienated just about everyone in his life, including his father, whom he adores, and his 27-year-old son who has cut off all contact.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1
The victim of childhood abuse at the hands of a close relative, Barry learned to drink with his alcoholic mother as a boy.

Holy crap. Drinking with his mother as a boy? That's just way too sad. :(

I saw an update on twitter from Christy's boyfriend, from this summer. She's got two black eyes, is naked wearing only a white plastic bracelet with a bar code, lying on a car seat with clothes piled on, and smocking crack. I posted the pictures below, but even with the censorship black bars, it's quite graphic and terribly sad, be forewarned.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ccdd08876a0e55e2588bc221f3df3952.png

image.png.0743bb42fa30a61c05cbb44c06ebab15.png

On 12/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

I saw an update on twitter from Christy's boyfriend, from this summer. She's got two black eyes, is naked wearing only a white plastic bracelet with a bar code, lying on a car seat with clothes piled on, and smocking crack. I posted the pictures below, but even with the censorship black bars, it's quite graphic and terribly sad, be forewarned.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.ccdd08876a0e55e2588bc221f3df3952.png

image.png.0743bb42fa30a61c05cbb44c06ebab15.png

Is that Christy the tweaker/alcohoic from Orange county Ca? The one who was naked thru the entire filming of the episode?! I see she still hasn't grown back her eyebrows but she's grown a little flab pouch for a stomach! I had read somewhere (related to the Intervention website comments) that she had a baby years ago and was in an abusive relationship. What a horrific life for her kid. I hope the kid is being raised by good people.

Please forgive me because i do not have all the info required, but while watching the new season of Hoarders, a commercial for Intervention came on touting its return. i do not remember the date for the premiere episode, but i believe it was somewhere during the last week in April. So, i bear you news, just not complete news.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Season 23 started tomorrow, October18, at 10pm immediately following season premiere of Hoarders. Direct Tv episode description states “Krystal lives out her dream of getting married and dedicating her life to two young sons, but the effects of growing up in a dysfunctional family, along with the death of her father, turns Krystal into an alcohol, heroin, meth and fentanyl addict”.