Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere! Struggling to find it now.

Even if they were paid for, I agree. It's a lot of money to spend. I'd probably just make some cookies or something!

I'm with you, i'd prefer your homemade cookies although the blankets she made looked pretty sweet! :-)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

This is the pic I took between that one and the one where they landed. You can see she did get all the way up in the air, she was just a millisecond after the others. The camera shows all of the minute differences in timing, but when watching it live, they all look in sync.

SJ_IMG_6520.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. It looks like Kat isn't even doing it. Interesting.

I did see the Salvation Army Red Kettle kick off show with Luke Combs, and they showed a lot of the cheerleaders, since they danced along on stage. 

I really enjoyed seeing more than a tiny glimpse of the cheerleaders.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did see the Salvation Army Red Kettle kick off show with Luke Combs, and they showed a lot of the cheerleaders, since they danced along on stage.    I don't know if it was pretaped or not.  

No it was live 

• Useful 1

Gameday girls so far this season:

Gina

Lexie

Amber

Ashlee

Taylor

Chandi

Rachel

Erin

And there are two more home games prior to playoffs. 

What if the game day girls are all retirements? I will be so disappointed if Chandi retires this season! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Gina

Lexie

Amber

Ashlee

Taylor

Chandi

Rachel

Erin

What if the game day girls are all retirements? I will be so disappointed if Chandi retires this season! 

I don’t think Chandi will retire after this season I think she will do attest another year 

• Love 10
On 11/27/2021 at 12:02 AM, ClassicPegg said:

The girls that opened the parade with a few kicks and then jump splits are the current Kilgore College Rangerettes.  (Some are also on the float.)  They traveled to NYC with the 'Spirit of America Productions' performing as "Macy's dancers."  No Gophers...

Rangerettes in NYC.jpg

ok, while I am a little sad that it wasn't a dance group outside of TX who did the move (I am getting tired of the perception that TX/DCC has the lock on the jump split and high kick move), I am glad that the viewers got to see another group, on a large stage do the move. Outside +/- 40 degrees , on concrete - as opposed to a football field or stage.

Hopefully somewhere, there is an advanced dance studio and/or college/university team , that will teach  and perform it, using all safety procedures possible. It's getting old that candidates show up to tryouts, or even in camp and never have done, or be taught the move. I mean the DCC has been doing the jump split what 15? 20? 25?  years now ? If college can compete at elite level gymnastics floor routines, surely they can't be too far away from creating a safe way to learn the jump split.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

ok, while I am a little sad that it wasn't a dance group outside of TX who did the move (I am getting tired of the perception that TX/DCC has the lock on the jump split and high kick move), I am glad that the viewers got to see another group, on a large stage do the move. Outside +/- 40 degrees , on concrete - as opposed to a football field or stage.

Hopefully somewhere, there is an advanced dance studio and/or college/university team , that will teach  and perform it, using all safety procedures possible. It's getting old that candidates show up to tryouts, or even in camp and never have done, or be taught the move. I mean the DCC has been doing the jump split what 15? 20? 25?  years now ? If college can compete at elite level gymnastics floor routines, surely they can't be too far away from creating a safe way to learn the jump split.

The Miami dolphins cheerleaders do a kickline and jump split

• Love 2

4 hours ago, sATL said:

ok, while I am a little sad that it wasn't a dance group outside of TX who did the move (I am getting tired of the perception that TX/DCC has the lock on the jump split and high kick move), I am glad that the viewers got to see another group, on a large stage do the move.

Doesn't seem to be very common, but I found a few, including the MDC as Holly mentioned.

jumpsplitMDC3.thumb.JPG.f6cd8bc7589041e1604c73e2819ae0f1.JPG

jumpsplitJills.jpg

jumpsplitWRC2.thumb.JPG.6b9e4afda92b5cd6c9ce59f17554202c.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Doesn't seem to be very common, but I found a few, including the MDC as Holly mentioned.

jumpsplitMDC.JPG

jumpsplitJills.jpg

jumpsplitWRC2.thumb.JPG.6b9e4afda92b5cd6c9ce59f17554202c.JPG

The girl in the Dolphins picture on the right looks like Kristin Ware. She's the one who sued the Dolphins org when she was told not to mention her virginity.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

The girl in the Dolphins picture on the right looks like Kristin Ware. She's the one who sued the Dolphins org when she was told not to mention her virginity.

Yeah that’s her that’s why Dorrie and Brooke aren’t working with the cheerleaders now 

11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The dolphins still do it the other teams in those pictures are no more 

I believe the Buffalo Jills were the first to disband and the Washington cheerleaders did it last year.

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah that’s her that’s why Dorrie and Brooke aren’t working with the cheerleaders now 

They probably were asked to resign.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I believe the Buffalo Jills were the first to disband and the Washington cheerleaders did it last year.

They probably were asked to resign.

Dorri was moved to another position away from the cheerleaders 

45 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's the one who sued the Dolphins org when she was told not to mention her virginity.

I do remember that but in my ignorance ask is that really the basis of the lawsuit.  How is that different from "don't tell anyone you are a roadwhore."

47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

? that she lost it or still has it ?

17 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Gina

Lexie

Amber

Ashlee

Taylor

Chandi

Rachel

Erin

10 hours ago, cgloss said:

I know we talked about this before, but how are the Game Day Girls and Abbey bear girls selected?

I also would like to know how they are selected.

Two home games left - I feel like one will be Caroline and one will be Kristin or Kelcey.

Potentially Jalyn or Madeline but they were both gameday girls last season ... but so were Lexie and Gina. 

Will the Cowboys get any home games in the playoffs? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I also would like to know how they are selected.

Two home games left - I feel like one will be Caroline and one will be Kristin or Kelcey.

Potentially Jalyn or Madeline but they were both gameday girls last season ... but so were Lexie and Gina. 

Will the Cowboys get any home games in the playoffs? 

Depends on how they rank in the play offs 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Depends on how they rank in the play offs 

I feel like Kat will be game day girl during the playoffs.

But I could be way off, maybe surprise! some second years will get it. Amanda did last year.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2021 at 5:26 AM, ExtremeFajitas said:

Here are my predictions:

Rockstar Rookie: Tyra. I think she is fabulous.

One and done: Amber. I find her dancing lackluster.

Sleeper hit: Jensen. I think she will only get better with experience.

Rockstar Rookie: Kaydianna

One and Done: Rebecca - just doesn’t seem that into being a DCC 

Sleeper Hit: Kelee

• Love 7
On 11/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, lazydaydreamer said:

Rockstar Rookie: Tori seems to be the best, but I think Kaydianna or Kleine (based on personality) will win ROTY 
One and Done: Rebecca may just retire and move on to pursue another one of the areas/fields/jobs she's interested in. I definitely think being a DCC was just on her bucket list
Sleeper Hit: Kelee (she's not bad right now, but she's not top 3; that said, I think she'll definitely be one of the best of her class by the end of this year and be at least 2nd GL by year 3)

Back to the Lea topic: I wasn't at first too crazy about her looks, but the more I see her face on print and on the field, the more I'm convinced that her hair (both the length and cut) is doing absolutely nothing for her. If she grew out her hair or got some extensions, I really do think it'd bring out her features, specially her pretty eyes :) 

Regarding group leaders... idk why but it's really going to bother me if we have any 1st GLs that don't have any previous 2nd GL experience. I don't think it's necessary, but I feel like K&J should have known a big exodus was likely to happen after this season and prepare at least Kelcey and Chandi for leadership positions this year. 

Regarding retirements: At first I had slightly different opinions on who was retiring/leaving, but now I think only Jalyn and Caroline (of the current 4th years) will stay. I remember Melissa's remarks when they exploring the placement of the triangle. She said, "If she's not the point now I think she will be soon." I think Caroline may have been pushed further back in the triangle bc they anticipate making her one of the points next year. I think Jalyn would have retired this year, but getting back on show group and getting 2nd GL (along with starting her business[es]) may be why she stays for a fifth year.

Part of me really thinks if there's as big of an exodus as the producers are alluding to then Gina may really just do a 6th year, but I was wrong about Maddie doing a 6th year so I'll probably be wrong again lol 

Based off of the above I think leadership will be as follows:
1st GLs: Gina, Caroline, Jalyn, Kelcey (Chandi if Gina does retire)
2nd GLs: Chandi (if Gina doesn't retire), McKenzie, Armani, Claire, (Dani/Elli/Darian - if Gina does retire can't pick which of the three claims that last spot lol)

I think you have the retirees and GLs right

• Love 1
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I feel like Kat will be game day girl during the playoffs.

But I could be way off, maybe surprise! some second years will get it. Amanda did last year.

If they do get a play off game at home it will be just one !!! Dallas won’t have the first seed !! First seed right now is Arizona 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
On 11/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, sATL said:

Is it possible that Lexi is doing something that starts in the spring/late-spring so it makes transitioning to her next chapter easier ( on SM) if it is announced now? Like starting grad school in January. getting married in the spring, big move/job upcoming ?

Or she could be someone who likes "long goodbyes" - ie " I can't believe this is the last time I will do/see/experience xxx"  - for days until the end..  {sidenote: I had a former co-worker that ran the 2 week notice thing into the ground...}

BTW- Just glanced up at the Macy's parade and the featured ladies just did  a jump split - on a concrete street !! the location flashed - 77th st and Central park west.  I missed the name of the group - they are wearing maroon, with a "M" on their sweater, looked to be HS age. So, future TCCs - take note - yes - the jump split is taught somewhere , and probably outside of TX, before trying out for a DCC, And the precision dancing of the cast, which is pretty diverse, from the shows on the Macy's star - wow... What former DCC do we know that is now on Broadway? 

Lexie is already married and has been for a few years. They even showed her wedding pics on the first episode of the new season a few years ago.

Edited by Jessied84
Edit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I do remember that but in my ignorance ask is that really the basis of the lawsuit.  How is that different from "don't tell anyone you are a roadwhore."

It was a complaint filed with the Florida Commission on Human Relations in 2018. The basis of the complaint was discrimination and retaliation based on gender.

The cheerleader (Kristan Ware) had spoken freely about her faith, posting something about her baptism on social media. She had also spoken with her teammates about her plan to remain a virgin until marriage.  This info made its way to the coaches and they brought it up when she interviewed for a third year on the team. She was chosen for the team that year, but felt that she was bullied about her faith and her virginity. She said she had written blogs for the dolphins website that contained references to her faith, and those references had been removed. She resigned from the team before the end of the 2016-17 season, and filed the complaint a year later.

Anyway, the main gist of the complaint was that the football players were allowed to talk openly about their faith and post about it on their socials, but she was forbidden to do so and it was a double standard as well as a hostile work environment. In response, the Dolphins said they had dealt with the issue the year it happened (2016) and apologies had been made.

Kristan later dropped the complaint and has not commented on her reasons for doing so.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, Holly85 said:

Well yes...and no.

Dorie appears to have been relatively unscathed, probably because she was already pretty removed from the cheerleaders by the time the complaint was filed in 2018 (even though Kristan called her out directly by name, saying that Dorie had told her to keep discussion of her virginity private).

Dorie was dolphins cheerleader director from 1996 to 2003, then moved into overall event and brand management and away from day to day management of the cheerleaders. By the time the lawsuit happened, Dorie had been Senior Director of Entertainment and Brand Impact for several years, so she was even more removed from the scene. I think she was kind of a Charlotte, someone who turned up for auditions and key events, but didn't have much to do with it the rest of the time unless something needed to be escalated. Dorie was reprimanded but was not demoted and her role did not change as a result of the complaint. In fact, she stayed in that role until she left the Dolphins this year, after 25 years with them. She is now a VP with Formula One.

Brooke, on the other hand, who was wrapping up her third year as team choreographer, either resigned or was let go in the wake of the complaint. She was replaced by Natalie Chernow, who for a few years did double duty as Coach/Choreographer for the Dolphins AND Coach/Choreographer of the Miami Hurricanettes, which is a role Tess Guidry took over this year. Small world.

Anyway, the Dolphins really cleaned house in 2018, with a new cheerleader manager Johanna Torres, and Chernow, who had been teaching some technique classes to the DCC at the time (among her many other dance commitments).

chernow.thumb.JPG.9c03148fd83aeaa838d040a602ce4641.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
On 11/29/2021 at 11:26 AM, DCC93 said:

All these flexed feet would drive K&J INSANE LOL.

They might have to have their feet flexed so those heels don't catch on the turf, so it's obviously planned.  (I edited because it wasn't very clear when I wrote the first time).   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

It was a complaint filed with the Florida Commission on Human Relations in 2018. The basis of the compliant was discrimination and retaliation based on gender.

The cheerleader (Kristan Ware) had spoken freely about her faith, posting something about her baptism on social media. She had also spoken with her teammates about her plan to remain a virgin until marriage.  This info made its way to the coaches and they brought it up when she interviewed for a third year on the team. She was chosen for the team that year, but felt that she was bullied about her faith and her virginity. She said she had written blogs for the dolphins website that contained references to her faith, and those references had been removed. She resigned from the team before the end of the 2016-17 season, and filed the complaint a year later.

Anyway, the main gist of the complaint was that the football players were allowed to talk openly about their faith and post about it on their socials, but she was forbidden to do so and it was a double standard as well as a hostile work environment. In response, the Dolphins said they had dealt with the issue the year it happened (2016) and apologies had been made.

Kristan later dropped the complaint and has not commented on her reasons for doing so.

Well yes...and no.

Dorie appears to have been relatively unscathed, probably because she was already pretty removed from the cheerleaders by the time the complaint was filed in 2018 (even though the cheerleader who filed the complaint called her out directly by name, saying that Dorie had told her to keep discussion of her virginity private).

Dorie was dolphins cheerleader director from 1996 to 2003, then moved into overall event and brand management and away from day to day management of the cheerleaders. By the time the lawsuit happened, Dorie had been Senior Director of Entertainment and Brand Impact for several years, so she was even more removed from the scene. I think she was kind of a Charlotte, someone one turned up for auditions and key events, but didn't have much to do with it the rest of the time unless something needed to be escalated. Dorie was reprimanded but was not demoted and her role did not change as a result of the complaint. In fact, she stayed in that role until she left the Dolphins this year, after 25 years with them. She is now a VP with Formula One.

Brooke, on the other hand, either resigned or was let go in the wake of the lawsuit and was replaced by Natalie Chernow, who for a few years did double duty as Coach/Choreographer for the Dolphins AND Coach/Choreographer of the Miami Hurricanettes, which is a role Tess Guidry took over this year. Small world.

Anyway, the Dolphins really cleaned house in 2018, with a new manager Johanna Torres, and Chernow, who had been teaching some technique classes to the DCC at the time (among her many other dance commitments)

chernow.thumb.JPG.9c03148fd83aeaa838d040a602ce4641.JPG

Thanks for the epic breakdown and inclusion of some new (to me) information, @sleepyjean

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Meleighsa said:

Thanks for the epic breakdown and inclusion of some new (to me) information, @sleepyjean

😀 I know I do tend to go on a bit, but I always find the backstory behind things so interesting. 

2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Those heels look purposeful to me

They do to me too. I wonder if it's to avoid catching those block heels on the turf. The DCC's heels are sloped and look like they'd slide easily down into splits. The MDC heels look like an injury waiting to happen. Here's an older pic and how that one  cheerleader is landing on the back of her heel. Like you said...purposeful.

jumpsplitMDC2.JPG.6283074450e93930a97b5c29f55b3bf1.JPG

jumpsplitMDC.JPG.e41b4ef62031db8b8e497f9456cc37cb.JPG

I wonder if the Jets do jump splits as well since their director was a DCC.  Haven't seen any pics of that though they do do a kickline.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

😀 I know I do tend to go on a bit, but I always find the backstory behind things so interesting. 

They do to me too. I wonder if it's to avoid catching those block heels on the turf. The DCC's heels are sloped and look like they'd slide easily down into splits. The MDC heels look like an injury waiting to happen. Here's an older pic and how that one  cheerleader is landing on the back of her heel. Like you said...purposeful.

I wonder if the Jets do jump splits as well since their director was a DCC.  Haven't seen any pics of that though they do do a kickline.

I've watched a few videos of the Jets flight crew on youtube and never saw them do a jump split.

I have this feeling that Kleine will be the rookie of the year. I was going back and forth that it will be her or Tori. Seems like Kleine is the new Lily and already tight with some vets. I wasn't sure I was going to like Kleine, but she grew on me. My guess for veteran of the year will probably be Lexie or Rachel W...but likely Lexie since she confirmed it's her last season. I've always liked Lexie since her rookie season, she will be missed. 

Screenshot_20211130-111057~3.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Yeah, doing a jump split in those shoes seems kind of dangerous.

Speaking of jump splits, I’m always surprised by the number of TCCs who say that they’ve never done them. I can believe that they’ve never done them as part of a kick line or performance, but not even playing around? I remember when I was a kid, we used to play around and do jump splits all of the time in cheerleading.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, doing a jump split in those shoes seems kind of dangerous.

Speaking of jump splits, I’m always surprised by the number of TCCs who say that they’ve never done them. I can believe that they’ve never done them as part of a kick line or performance, but not even playing around? I remember when I was a kid, we used to play around and do jump splits all of the time in cheerleading.

We did them in kick routines in my high school dance team, and we weren’t the only ones. I am not sure I believe all of the girls who claim they’ve never tried one. Even if they somehow made it through high school and college dance, pom, or cheer without ever having to learn it, it’s not a secret that DCC requires it. You would think they’d want to come prepared and would have practiced it before trying out. 

• Love 6

This is somewhat related, but in the last 5 years or so, I have noticed the emergence of new companies offering consulting services to help people prepare for college and pro dance auditions. They help with dance technique and style, fitness, flexibility, physique, hair and makeup, wardrobe, head shots, interview prep, solos, audition video filming, and anything else you can think of - including jump splits for those who need to learn. They prepare women (and men) for the requirements of the specific team they are auditioning for.

These are the ones that immediately come to mind:

• Pro Dance Prep - run by Natalie Chernow, Coach & Choreographer of the Dolphins Cheerleaders
  • College Dance Prep - also Natalie Chernow
  • Sideline Prep - run by Genienne Samuels, former Redskins and Washington Wizards cheerleader and Redskins director
  • Nxt Lvl Prep - run by Jasmine Lee, former Atlanta Hawks dancer*

I have not seen anything like this pop up in Texas, which is surprising. Maybe it's there and I just haven't seen it? Texas seems to offer lots of dance classes (Kitty, Jenn Amburn, etc), you can go to Jay or the Star for fitness, and go to Tangerine for hair and makeup. But nobody seems to be offering the full-service consulting services I'm seeing from those companies, and I bet those companies are making $$$ offering group and one-on-one training.

It seems like a lot of the north Texas candidates rely on an informal network - finding someone who used to be on a team and asking for help, which they are probably getting for free. I'm surprised no DCC has jumped on this idea, especially the business-minded ones like Jackie Bob, Sydney Durso, and Jenn Amburn. Stephanie DiBiasi could also do well.  Why not pull together a group of former DCC, Mavs, Ice Angel, and Stars dancers to coach on specific subjects?

There is money to be made here. We've seen how much young women are willing to shell out to get an advantage during auditions. It's kind of funny to invest so much money into getting a job that pays so little, but hey, if people are willing to pay they money, why not offer the service? And it's a way to stay in the game for those who hope to direct their own team (or maybe even the DCC) one day.

* Fun fact: one the the Nxt Lvl Pros is Len Jackson, the man who auditioned for DCC (but was never shown) and who finally realized it wasn't going to happen for him in Dallas and auditioned for and made the Falcons cheerleaders.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 12
On 11/28/2021 at 4:17 AM, TB12 said:

So random question every week it seems one girl in each group buys presents for the girls in their group again i'm wondering what do these young ladies do for work? I happened to see whatever group Jensen is in. She got each girl in her group slippers and a blanket. There was a link for the slippers, they were $100 per pair and the blankets looked so cozy too. Are the gifts all sponsored or is each girl responsible for paying? I'm assuming there is sponsor kickback bc that seems like a lot of money even if its only once. Plus, i'd love to get presents every week haha! 

Former DCC Robin did a Q&A on her YouTube channel a few weeks ago, and this question came up. She was kind of vague about who gives to who and other logistical details about how it works. But she did say it can be at any price point, including things like homemade cookies or something like that.

• Useful 1

Isn't Jen A's class more comprehensive?  I believe she gives football/Cowboy knowledge info and later gives a test.  She also does a mock tryout with judges such as Melissa W, Mary, and Lacey etc. to help the girls feel what is like to audition and what is like to be interviewed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Isn't Jen A's class more comprehensive?  I believe she gives football/Cowboy knowledge info and later gives a test.  She also does a mock tryout with judges such as Melissa W, Mary, and Lacey etc. to help the girls feel what is like to audition and what is like to be interviewed.

I'd have thought if you were in the area, Jenn's classes would be the ones to attend. She's very well respected by K&J and it seems they listen to her opinion a lot. She can see who's attending her classes regularly, who's improving and feed it back to TPTB. 

Hers and the actual DCC prep classes should be enough with the show. I noticed they do more of a range of prep classes as auditions get closer, including Kelli leading a class and Football 101-type classes. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Added to
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2021 at 4:02 PM, sleepyjean said:

Happy Thanksgiving! A few pics from the Cowboys Christmas show at the Star:

SJ_IMG_6019.jpg

SJ_IMG_6023.jpg

SJ_IMG_6056.jpg

SJ_IMG_6079.jpg

SJ_IMG_6105.jpg

SJ_IMG_6129.jpg

SJ_IMG_6134.jpg

SJ_IMG_6157.jpg

SJ_IMG_6276.jpg

SJ_IMG_6311.jpg

SJ_IMG_6329.jpg

SJ_IMG_6333.jpg

SJ_IMG_6336.jpg

SJ_IMG_6363.jpg

They’re kicks look so nice (long/lean) in rehearsal/practice and then you put the boots on and they just turn so…gross? I think they could benefit from Lucchese altering the sole of the boot so that the shank is more flexible to really show off a pointed foot like we get to see in their sneakers.

I know the outter sole is specially modified from a typical western boot sole to more of a dance type sole (whatever that may be for them when dancing on turf) so it really shouldn’t be that hard to alter the shank of the boot and even into the toe of the sole to be more flexible for nicer, cleaner lines.

Just to specify, look at how AMAZING these kicks are (from Tori’s insta) and then compare them to the ones from performances…

0FE1AD38-9536-4E38-8536-ED2E91BD2585.jpeg

Edited by BunnyHop96
Added kicks photo from insta
  • Love 3