Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Gizelle becomes emotional while discussing her friendship and history with Karen. The ladies continue to take Candiace to task for her habitual line-stepping throughout the season, and Mia is questioned about her erratic social media behavior. Wendy gets fired up about the Eddie rumors, but winds up finding herself in the hot seat.

Airdate: 11/14/2021

• Love 1

Wendy did get in a zinger for Robyn when talking about what Karen got from the blogs about Gizelle. Wendy said the same blogs that had rumors about me. Robyn said well Gizelle brushed it off and moved on. Wendy said from the same person who just said we shouldn't police how people respond. Robyn had no comeback for that. 

Why did Robyn look so annoyed when Robyn and Gizelle were talking about coming together and hugging each other?

• Love 7

Sheesh--it looks like Dr. Dumb Dumb is finally going to get a chance to bark and screech. Zzzzzz. 

God she's annoying barking up every time someone else is speaking. The thirst is real.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 12

Karen's lace disappearing and reappearing at various moments made me dizzy. The editors are busy.... especially seeing the unseen footage of Karen calling Gizelle a drug addict and alcoholic. If Candiace wants to get on the comeback trail she needs Karen's edit.

Edited by eXiled
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Gizelle can try to spin it any way she wants. There is no explanation for why she brought information from that trash blog onto the show other than she was earning her check, being messy, and deflecting from Jamal. You want to "check up on me", do it when the cameras are not rolling. To tie the rumors to getting plastic surgery is absolutely ridiculous. She lost, take the L. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s weird that Wendy has spent all season trying to be the cast sexpot and then yell that she could go toe to toe with a White House press secretary.  And, Wendy?  As press secretaries go in the last few years, exempting the current press secretary, my 10 year old nephew could do that.

👏Congrats Reaction GIF

• Love 7

No wonder Mia and Karen are friends they both suffer from liabetes. Mia was the one who was attacking Wendy, Askale and Candiace on social media and continues to attack Candiace. No boss has that much time on their hands. 

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I really haven’t been paying that much attention but when did Wendy and candance become best friends 

They were friends for years before Wendy joined the show. There are pictures on both of their Instagrams of them hanging out at Wendy's baby shower and Candiace's birthday. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Wendy and Eddie have a great marriage.

When she looks at him, she sees Idris Elba.

When he looks at her, he sees Zen Wen.

They both need prescription eyewear (or new prescriptions for the aforementioned eyewear).

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

Ashley may be full of it at times but I actually believe her in saying she honestly didn’t think Candiace would care that much about her statement for Monique. Yes, they were in a better space at that time but the fact is they’ve never had this really close bond and have in fact have had so much ugly history.

So I can see Ashley thinking Candiace might have just been like, “of course that shady bitch did that” but not to the extent where she’d be as hurt as she was and apparently still is. I’ll be honest, it surprised me that Candiace cares enough to be bothered and upset by the fact that Ashley is still friends with Monique. I can understand her hurt with Karen because they were once close and she looked up to Karen but Ashley?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14

Are there really four parts to this reunion? If so, that is three parts too many. I am already bored. Haven't they covered pretty much everything already.

If I have to hear them talk about candles again I am going to need way more wine.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

It's fun to see Karen & Gizelle claim they don't go "low" like Candiace when the beginning of the season started with Karen claiming Gizelle was a broken whore from Hampton University.  

Interesting to see Robyn & Gizelle now claim Ashley didn't mean anything by writing that statement for Monique.  Interesting to see Ashley ask what she could've possibly done to Candiace to offend her so.

Good point Wendy brought up that maybe only a few people read that particular blog but millions watch the show so even mentioning it amplified the rumor.  Now, I think Wendy continuing to go nuclear about it perpetuated the rumor but she is correct: bringing it to the show amplified it.

Several comments by the "OGs" (who referred to themselves tonight as "We are the OGs") confirm to me that they aren't happy the show is basically Real Housewives Of Potomac featuring Candiace and they want their show back and to get it back, they have to get rid of Candiace.  The only problem for them is the charges they lob at her, they've done it.  All the charges they lobbed at her tonight, she lobbed them right back at them.  They tried to charge her with body shaming, she pointed out all the body shaming they've done, they claimed she goes "low" and they don't and she pointed out all the times they've gone low, when none of that worked they then turned to the mom shaming and she was basically like "I said what I said."

The cherry on top is the OGs (who are all light skinned), trying to claim there was absolutely no colorism on the show.  Sure, Jan.  Do I think Candiace and Wendy have used colorism to evade accountability for their actions? Yes.  Do I believe there is colorism on the cast? Definitely, but the OGs aren't going to admit that because they benefit from it.  We'll see if Karen stands by her "I don't gang up on people" stance because IMO Karen, Gizelle & Ashley are going to team up to get Candiace up off the show.  Robyn will just go along.

And Karen? Candiace doesn't mess with you.  You filmed with Candiace *once* the entirety of Season 6 at her new house.  She hasn't to my recollection filmed another solo scene with you since.  All the scenes you've done with Candiace in Season 6 were cast scenes.  She don't mess with you, because you tried to get her fired in Season 5.  She regards you as a coworker.  Candiace needs to pay similar dust to Gizelle and Ashley.  Make them earn their checks another way.

And good gracious! Size 12 feet?  Mia, you ARE Big Foot!

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, eXiled said:

Wendy and Eddie have a great marriage.

When she looks at him, she sees Idris Elba.

When he looks at her, he sees Zen Wen.

They both need prescription eyewear (or new prescriptions for the aforementioned eyewear).

Giiiirl, I need me these shallow Hal glasses so I can see Idris Elba all day too!

3 hours ago, Arynm said:

Wendy has a lot of nerve talking about Giselle bringing up Wendy's surgery as rooted in misogyny when every other word out of Wendy's mouth is "you can't keep a man" or your relationship isn't real, or "I have a mans last name"

This disappointed me because wendys intial read was right on the money.  And her later statements muddied the water.  

Her initial point was "you say you're a bad bitch but yet you let a certified toad back into your life.  That's NOT a bad bitch move.  And now you're letting your daughters see that it's okay to accept this disrespect from a man"

THAT I could get behind.  But later when she came with some Phaedra parks "well I GOT a man!" reads I was disappointed.  

I think even gizelles scene with Robyn where she tells her to ger it together so she can keep Juan interested exemplifies that toxic attitude.  If a man isn't interested, it must be a woman's fault and her mental health isn't as important as putting on a facade to keep a man happy.  

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It's fun to see Karen & Gizelle claim they don't go "low" like Candiace when the beginning of the season started with Karen claiming Gizelle was a broken whore from Hampton University.  

Interesting to see Robyn & Gizelle now claim Ashley didn't mean anything by writing that statement for Monique.  Interesting to see Ashley ask what she could've possibly done to Candiace to offend her so.

Good point Wendy brought up that maybe only a few people read that particular blog but millions watch the show so even mentioning it amplified the rumor.  Now, I think Wendy continuing to go nuclear about it perpetuated the rumor but she is correct: bringing it to the show amplified it.

Several comments by the "OGs" (who referred to themselves tonight as "We are the OGs") confirm to me that they aren't happy the show is basically Real Housewives Of Potomac featuring Candiace and they want their show back and to get it back, they have to get rid of Candiace.  The only problem for them is the charges they lob at her, they've done it.  All the charges they lobbed at her tonight, she lobbed them right back at them.  They tried to charge her with body shaming, she pointed out all the body shaming they've done, they claimed she goes "low" and they don't and she pointed out all the times they've gone low, when none of that worked they then turned to the mom shaming and she was basically like "I said what I said."

The cherry on top is the OGs (who are all light skinned), trying to claim there was absolutely no colorism on the show.  Sure, Jan.  Do I think Candiace and Wendy have used colorism to evade accountability for their actions? Yes.  Do I believe there is colorism on the cast? Definitely, but the OGs aren't going to admit that because they benefit from it.  We'll see if Karen stands by her "I don't gang up on people" stance because IMO Karen, Gizelle & Ashley are going to team up to get Candiace up off the show.  Robyn will just go along.

And Karen? Candiace doesn't mess with you.  You filmed with Candiace *once* the entirety of Season 6 at her new house.  She hasn't to my recollection filmed another solo scene with you since.  All the scenes you've done with Candiace in Season 6 were cast scenes.  She don't mess with you, because you tried to get her fired in Season 5.  She regards you as a coworker.  Candiace needs to pay similar dust to Gizelle and Ashley.  Make them earn their checks another way.

And good gracious! Size 12 feet?  Mia, you ARE Big Foot!

Far be it from me to correct you.  But Karen called gizelle a broke ho from Hampton College with a hot box.  

And if broke ho with the clap isn't a low blow, I'm not sure what is....oh wait, it's when gizelle wore that uncle Ben shirt.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Sheesh--it looks like Dr. Dumb Dumb is finally going to get a chance to bark and screech. Zzzzzz. 

God she's annoying barking up every time someone else is speaking. The thirst is real.

I ceased being a Wendy fan by the end of the first episode. I was honestly confused,  like the GEB’s, as to why she’s turned into an entirely different person physically, emotionally, and personality wise. For me, her likability tanked swiftly. She’s done nothing thus far to change my mind. 

My daughter was home for Fall Break this past week and we watched this season’s episodes. She, without knowing my opinion,  quickly labeled Wendy an extreme try-hard who wants to be the HBIC. We both agree she is not! If a 19 year old thinks you appear desperate for constant attention and more fame, you aren’t selling it well. 😱

Wendy, do better…be better…take a good long look at yourself…take the time and/or space to find your true self. Your acting skills aren’t very strong and your mask slips multiple times each episode. It’s growing pains for sure and we all experience them, just not always to this extent and on National TV to boot. If this ‘new’ Wendy really is you then stay with it and I’ll know what the score is and react to your presence very little. Focus on developing a plan that will get you out of this ridiculous ‘I am in flux’ costume and into a lovely, jewel toned caftan that flows gracefully as you get to getting 🙌

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Candice is still my fave. She goes low but all of them do. It’s a housewives show. Mia should not be invited back as she brings nothing and is a bad liar.

Ashley can shut up. Her husband is a disgusting pig. I don’t want to hear about their sex life ever again lol. It gives horrible visuals. Her poor kids having him as a dad.

Gizelle and Karen can shut up with their justifications. They go so low pls.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Marley said:

Candice is still my fave. She goes low but all of them do.

30 minutes ago, Marley said:

Gizelle and Karen can shut up with their justifications. They go so low pls.

All of them tried to twist, turn, justify etc.  It's ok to cry about Candiace's tweets from 2 years ago (that Ashley keeps bringing up) but whoa! Gizelle's tax t-shirt and Robyn running up in Oz to get aggressive with Ashley was "so long ago."

Another thing: Ashley tried to pull the race card on Candiace by crying about being called a slave but when Candiace brings up Michael calling Chris "white trash," well that's just 2 white guys insulting each other.  So aren't Candiace & Ashley two black women insulting each other?

No wait ---Ashley let Candiace know she is biracial.  So the black woman calling the biracial lady a slur is bad but Michael calling Chris a slur is alright because it's just two white guys, two equals so that's ok.

Looks like Ashley tried to go Karen on Candiace tonight and that is an example of the whitest privilege.

Speaking of Karen privilege, Karen sounded like a Karen threatening Candiace with being iced out ("We're not going to tolerate the verbal abuse."  In light of the revelation of her trying to get Candiace fired last year coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if Karen pulled a Karen and tried that trick again.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 10

Not sure this needs to be four parts. They could have wrapped last night. Askale didn’t really need to be there. Andy dismissed her fairly quickly. 
Wendy, maybe you can go toe to toe with White House press secretaries but you are not. You are sitting on a reality show stage with your new fake big titties on display. The blogs about Eddie are because YOU needed to do the show. It’s not Gizelles fault that she’s brought it up. You put your family into this crap so don’t act like Professor Wendy is still in the house. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

These ladies don't seem to realize that without Candiace's mouth and career storyline, there truly is no show. To me, the more interesting castmates are gone: Charrisse, who actually knows how to give good party AND good shade; Katie, who, despite her deteriorating mental health, has real history in the world this show purports to be about; and Monique, the one who had the whole lifestyle going, but allowed her shortsightedness to beat her own ass after she was done pulling on Candiace's hair.

Now viewers are stuck with:

Gizelle: Fussing with Karen; being shaded by her daughters; pretending to date her ex-husband; pretending to not understand Wendy's anger

Robyn: Hats; following behind Juan and NOT planning Wedding #2

Karen: Fussing with Gizelle; Surry County ambassador; various business ventures that don't get much airtime; frequent, thirsty Gizelle mentions during her talking head segments

Ashley: Pulling out the twins to feed the babies; asking Old Daddy-Husband if he still wants to get up in that (now that her love canal has transformed into the mom machine)

Wendy: Talking to Eddie about building her Home Goods empire; barking at Mia, Robin, and Gizelle; pretending to be Zen despite a vibe and body language that's giving "always ready, bitches!"

Mia: Self-proclaimed boss bitch who wrangles septuagenarian peen for profit and privilege; uncomfortable meals with her mother, who looks like she'd rather be anywhere else

THAT ain't a show. I hate that Monique's stunt is what garnered the most attention for this show, one of my fave franchises, but it's been falling off for a while now. Everyone up there is pretending to be richer than they are, more together than they are, and that shit is so boring.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

She hasn't to my recollection filmed another solo scene with you since. 

She may have, but the producers/editors might not have included it.

Real Housewives Of Potomac featuring Candiace

So that explains the stank this season...

If I have to hear them talk about candles again I am going to need way more wine.

What if we got you wine-scented candles?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I hope the others ice out Camdass. Yes she gets a reaction out of people but she’s not entertaining nor witty. She’s a petty jealous thing that cries victim after she hurls insults. The Grande Dame and Gizelle need to join forces.  I enjoyed their banter last night and how they really do care for each other.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Far be it from me to correct you.  But Karen called gizelle a broke ho from Hampton College with a hot box.  

And if broke ho with the clap isn't a low blow, I'm not sure what is....oh wait, it's when gizelle wore that uncle Ben shirt.  

She called her a drug addict this show at this reunion and said she was speaking facts. So being a drug addict isn’t a low blow? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I hope the others ice out Camdass. Yes she gets a reaction out of people but she’s not entertaining nor witty. She’s a petty jealous thing that cries victim after she hurls insults. The Grande Dame and Gizelle need to join forces.  I enjoyed their banter last night and how they really do care for each other.

They should totally try to do that and see if the resulting snoozefest keeps them on the air.  

Maybe Mias baldfaced lying, gizelles refusal to share anything about her life and Ashley's constant breast pumping will make for a riveting show!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ashley may be full of it at times but I actually believe her in saying she honestly didn’t think Candiace would care that much about her statement for Monique. Yes, they were in a better space at that time but the fact is they’ve never had this really close bond and have in fact have had so much ugly history.

So I can see Ashley thinking Candiace might have just been like, “of course that shady bitch did that” but not to the extent where she’d be as hurt as she was and apparently still is. I’ll be honest, it surprised me that Candiace cares enough to be bothered and upset by the fact that Ashley is still friends with Monique. I can understand her hurt with Karen because they were once close and she looked up to Karen but Ashley?

I'm paraphrasing Chris Bassett here, Candiace wears her emotions on her sleeves and everything is very black and white with her. Candiace apologized to Ashley and they agreed to move on. So in Candiace's mind if they're moving on, that means they're leaving the past in the past. She's not thinking that Ashley would be vindictive enough to use the past against her since they're moving on. So now she's hurt because she can't understand why she would write a statement against her, because they agreed they were moving on.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

All of them tried to twist, turn, justify etc.  It's ok to cry about Candiace's tweets from 2 years ago (that Ashley keeps bringing up) but whoa! Gizelle's tax t-shirt and Robyn running up in Oz to get aggressive with Ashley was "so long ago."

Another thing: Ashley tried to pull the race card on Candiace by crying about being called a slave but when Candiace brings up Michael calling Chris "white trash," well that's just 2 white guys insulting each other.  So aren't Candiace & Ashley two black women insulting each other?

No wait ---Ashley let Candiace know she is biracial.  So the black woman calling the biracial lady a slur is bad but Michael calling Chris a slur is alright because it's just two white guys, two equals so that's ok.

Looks like Ashley tried to go Karen on Candiace tonight and that is an example of the whitest privilege.

Speaking of Karen privilege, Karen sounded like a Karen threatening Candiace with being iced out ("We're not going to tolerate the verbal abuse."  In light of the revelation of her trying to get Candiace fired last year coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if Karen pulled a Karen and tried that trick again.

Karen and Gizelle are going to "tolerate" anything that keeps them on the air.  They should stop fronting. 

Gizelles reasonably shady party and her look this entire season has me convinced she needs the money from this show more than anyone.  

There is no way gizelle would have subjected herself  to having her house ridiculed on national television by filming a party on her construction site if she didn't NEED whatever money may come from a location fee or if she didn't have the money to spend to have it anywhere else. 

Gizelle could have had that party at a hotel, she could have had it at Robyn's place she probably could have had it at candaces house, she could have had it at a park.

And sorrynotsorry but Gizelle for all her beauty has been looking particularly poorly put together this season compared to past seasons.  

Karen may not need the money (I think she does) but Karen absolutely NEEDS the attention, fame and recognition the show brings her.    

The only reason I think gizelle was able to push it with monique is because monique had crossed a line into unrepentant physical violence.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12

I thought this was one of the more interesting Housewives reunions I've seen.  For one thing, I learned that Candiace can apparently cry on cue!

I didn't get what seemed to me to be Wendy's over-reaction to the Eddie rumors until she explained it here:  Had to do with the size of the social media platform dispersing the rumors.  Excellent point and 100% percent correct.

I wish Candiace and Ashley had talked more about colorism and that the other housewives had been drawn into the conversation.  Colorism isn't something I know much about. 

The thing I do know about (being very tall) is that there's also this strange thing in definitions of female attractiveness that pits petite against big.  Supermodels aside, I've always thought that petite women are considered wayyyyy more attractive than bigger women, so every time Candiace disses Mia's size-12 feet, I bristlle.  Quite a lot of Candiace's brand of attractiveness has to do with the fact that she is so petite.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She called her a drug addict this show at this reunion and said she was speaking facts. So being a drug addict isn’t a low blow? 

Who called who a drug addict? We've never even really seen Gizelle drink that much so if Karen is calling Gizelle a "drug addict," that's very far fetched.  It's also damaging since Gizelle has 3 minor children that could be impacted by a statement of their mother being a drug addict.

Candiace saying "yo momma" is much lower than calling somebody a drug addict, though.

1 hour ago, Maximona said:

I thought this was one of the more interesting Housewives reunions I've seen.  For one thing, I learned that Candiace can apparently cry on cue!

Candiace actually kept the crying to a minimum on this reunion.  Growth.

1 hour ago, Maximona said:

I wish Candiace and Ashley had talked more about colorism and that the other housewives had been drawn into the conversation.  Colorism isn't something I know much about.

I don't think a beneficial or productive conversation about colorism can be had within the cast because the cast members who are scoffing at Candiace's claims of colorism are the ones who are benefitting from it.  Those cast members would just say Candiace is unlikeable and that's why she gets the heat more than them.  Both situations can actually be true.

A prime example this season is Candiace vs Mia and Ashley vs. Mia.  Candiace was all sorts of terrible for saying "yo momma" but not a blip when Ashley asked if G had Alzheimers.  Karen didn't cry about it and one if not both of her parents died from Alzheimers ---it was a big reason why she was mad at Gizelle.

Another example is excusing physical violence.  Why was it so terrible, so bad when Monique put her hands on Candiace and there were songs and remixes about "We as black women don't do that" and "Monique, you have destroyed the image of black women on this show" but it's ok for light skinned Mia to whip Candiace's ass if need be.  We're gonna shrug and say "Oh well you had it coming" when Mia does it but "Monique turned the show into Love & Hip Hop" when she did it? Also, Mia was physically provoking to Wendy (the other dark skinned person on the cast) on several occasions and not one person took Mia to task about that.

• Just like they didn't take Robyn to task about running up in Ashley's job to physically confront her.
  • Just like they didn't take Robyn to task for trying to fight Monique on the street.
  • Just like they didn't take Ashley to task for getting up in Candiace's face in Candiace's home and that's what led to the butter knife incident

Gizelle "wished death" on Ray but we didn't see Karen running to HR claiming to be "scared."  "We're scared" (whether it's Candiace, Wendy or Monique doing the scaring) only seems to happen with the darker skinned cast members, so I don't think "The OGs" would be able to have a productive conversation about colorism because they reap the benefits of it.

Ironically, I think of the 4 OGs, Robyn (the one who looks the most Caucasian) would probably be the one who is the most reasonable about colorism.  Karen, Gizelle and Ashley?  Nope.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned during the show or if I'm mixing up off camera life with this episode but Wendy is now mad Gizelle was the only cast member who didn't call her when her daughter was in the ICU.  I'm sorry Wendy, if I'm Gizelle, you read me down, called me fake, called my relationship fake, suggested I was a bad mother for bringing my ex-husband around his children, said I didn't know love and would never know love, dissed my house, gave my daughter the stank eye etc. and you think I'm going to call you because your daughter is sick? Sorry to that baby but I wouldn't have called Wendy under any circumstances.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
Just now, drivethroo said:

Who called who a drug addict? We've never even really seen Gizelle drink that much so if Karen is calling Gizelle a "drug addict," that's very far fetched.  It's also damaging since Gizelle has 3 minor children that could be impacted by a statement of their mother being a drug addict.

Karen str8 up calls her a drug addict and doubles down on it .. thats why i was sitting there like no one is gonna dispute that? rewatch it she calls her one and then says i only speak in facts or something to that extent

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Another example is excusing physical violence.  Why was it so terrible, so bad when Monique put her hands on Candiace and there were songs and remixes about "We as black women don't do that" and "Monique, you have destroyed the image of black women on this show" but it's ok for light skinned Mia to whip Candiace's ass if need be.  We're gonna shrug and say "Oh well you had it coming" when Mia does it but "Monique turned the show into Love & Hip Hop" when she did it? Also, Mia was physically provoking to Wendy (the other dark skinned person on the cast) on several occasions and not one person took Mia to task about that.

• Just like they didn't take Robyn to task about running up in Ashley's job to physically confront her.
  • Just like they didn't take Robyn to task for trying to fight Monique on the street.
  • Just like they didn't take Ashley to task for getting up in Candiace's face in Candiace's home and that's what led to the butter knife incident

I can't say it better than you said it, so I'll just say THIS 1000000000X

11 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned during the show or if I'm mixing up off camera life with this episode but Wendy is now mad Gizelle was the only cast member who didn't call her when her daughter was in the ICU.  I'm sorry Wendy, if I'm Gizelle, you read me down, called me fake, called my relationship fake, suggested I was a bad mother for bringing my ex-husband around his children, said I didn't know love and would never know love, dissed my house, gave my daughter the stank eye etc. and you think I'm going to call you because your daughter is sick? Sorry to that baby but I wouldn't have called Wendy under any circumstances.

Yes Wendy put that on twitter. I didn't expect Robyn to reach out, not surprised by Gizelle not calling. Gizelle calling would not have felt genuine. Not reaching out is one thing, but what seemed to really piss Wendy off was the fact that she went on The Real and talked trash about Wendy knowing that Wendy was in the hospital with her daughter and that she would miss her appearance on The Real. You don't have to call me, but you know where I am and what I'm doing, and Gizelle I'm a mother first Bryant still felt it necessary to take shots at her because the show must go on. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

For one thing, I learned that Candiace can apparently cry on cue!

I loved when the other women were like, "that was creepy."

4 hours ago, spunky said:

I'm paraphrasing Chris Bassett here, Candiace wears her emotions on her sleeves and everything is very black and white with her. Candiace apologized to Ashley and they agreed to move on. So in Candiace's mind if they're moving on, that means they're leaving the past in the past. She's not thinking that Ashley would be vindictive enough to use the past against her since they're moving on. So now she's hurt because she can't understand why she would write a statement against her, because they agreed they were moving on.

I guess but it still makes no sense to me and that may just be a personality thing. For me, if there's someone I was never that close to and hell, in fact have had some vicious war of words with, I'm not going to be bothered by the fact that they've maintained a friendship with someone I've had issues with. I guess for me it's that I wouldn't automatically expect any kind of loyalty from said person because that's not the kind of relationship we've ever had. 

Ashley and Candiace are not close friends. They can coexist, they've had moments of tolerating each other but they are not close friends.  Ashley doesn't really owe Candiace any kind of loyalty. Yes, Monique was wrong for putting her hands on Candiace and Ashley can agree that she was wrong to do so but still want to maintain her friendship with her. And I see no reason why that has to hurt Candiace's feelings. I don't.

And to be fair, it's why I had the perhaps unpopular opinion last season regarding Karen's relationship with Monique. Because similarly that's what I felt like most of the women and especially Candiace felt like. That Karen should not have had any relationship with Monique anymore, period because to do so was to say what she did was right. And sorry, not sorry but that's bullshit. As I said last season and I'll say again, someone can disagree with a friend's actions and still want to maintain the friendship. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I don’t really believe CandyAss is affected like that. That’s her angle against Ashley and how to make Ashley the villain. I believe Ashley’s confusion about CandyAss reaction. She’s milking it so that it looks like Ashley did this really outrageous thing when all it was was her providing something to someone she IS closer to to help her. Simple. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I loved when the other women were like, "that was creepy."

I guess but it still makes no sense to me and that may just be a personality thing. For me, if there's someone I was never that close to and hell, in fact have had some vicious war of words with, I'm not going to be bothered by the fact that they've maintained a friendship with someone I've had issues with. I guess for me it's that I wouldn't automatically expect any kind of loyalty from said person because that's not the kind of relationship we've ever had. 

Ashley and Candiace are not close friends. They can coexist, they've had moments of tolerating each other but they are not close friends.  Ashley doesn't really owe Candiace any kind of loyalty. Yes, Monique was wrong for putting her hands on Candiace and Ashley can agree that she was wrong to do so but still want to maintain her friendship with her. And I see no reason why that has to hurt Candiace's feelings. I don't.

And to be fair, it's why I had the perhaps unpopular opinion last season regarding Karen's relationship with Monique. Because similarly that's what I felt like most of the women and especially Candiace felt like. That Karen should not have had any relationship with Monique anymore, period because to do so was to say what she did was right. And sorry, not sorry but that's bullshit. As I said last season and I'll say again, someone can disagree with a friend's actions and still want to maintain the friendship. 

My assessment of Candiace is that she's very trusting. So once Ashley agreed to move on she took Ashley's word for it. I think the hurt came from Ashley stating "And now we're even" after writing the statement.  If you knew you wanted revenge then why would you agree to make up with her?

• Love 5

Man they came soooooo close to describing the issue but alas. The point Gizelle and Karen were both trying to make is that after 6 seasons and both of them dicing each other up (dude I love that so much, Gizelle even giggled at that) they have NEVER come to a place where either one of them felt the need to become violent. They tried more than once to explain that as bad as it gets the intention is never to provoke a physical response. And let me tell you they’ve gone hard at each other over the years for sure! 

Candiace and Wendy kept trying to equate the situations but what’s painfully obvious is that as low as both of those women go they DON’T flex, square up or buck up at each other and THAT is what the women were trying to point out to CandyAss. 

Continuing to point out that they do indeed throw shade at each other without acknowledging that the shade doesn’t come with aggressive body language and threatening behavior like during CandyAss’s episodes just shows how delusional and oblivious Wendy and CandyAss INTEND to be on the matter. 🙄

And This coming from someone who’s really dislikes Gizelle and Robin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

"We're scared" (whether it's Candiace, Wendy or Monique doing the scaring) only seems to happen with the darker skinned cast members, so I don't think "The OGs" would be able to have a productive conversation about colorism because they reap the benefits of it.

Ironically, I think of the 4 OGs, Robyn (the one who looks the most Caucasian) would probably be the one who is the most reasonable about colorism.  Karen, Gizelle and Ashley?  Nope.

I pondered this for a while because we're talking about The Real Housewives of Potomac, not Basketball Wives (which had a similar storyline a few years back with a castmate of Nigerian descent). The Potomac women are educated and astute for the most part, so I expect them to be thoughtful about such things.

Yet, I realize that what you say may be true. I don't think it's purposeful, though.

Most people -- even empathic, self aware people -- live in their own subjective universe. Meaning that we generally see the world from our own POV and make decisions and determinations from that limited view. I truly believe that most of the lighter-skinned cast members believe they have not benefited from colorism.

That does not mean that they haven't benefited from colorism. It just means that they may not see it.

For instance, Gizelle would probably tell you that although she's lauded for her beauty, she has still experienced real pain, treachery, and humiliation in her life. She may even feel that her non-standard look within the black community contributed to some of the mistreatment she's received. Who knows? I can only guess.

Candiace very calmly reminded the HoWives -- and the viewers -- of situations where her coworkers engaged in activities comparable to Candiace's verbal and social media activities and received very little, if any, blow-back. Are Mia, Ashley, Karen, or Gizelle waiting in fear of perfect strangers running up on them because they "got a bitch together"? If so, someone please point out that social media feed so I can see it.

In Candiace's POV, only one thing makes her different from the rest. Especially since most of her detractors claim her reads are childish and petty. If that's so true, the other castmates wouldn't still be traumatized (Ashley years later!) by Candiace's pettiness.

I'll say something that I personally feel puts Candiace on people's hit list. She comes off like a spoiled brat -- childish despite being in her mid-thirties.

Remember how Auntie Gizelle tried to counsel Candiace about her mouth? Try to imagine anyone on that stage counseling Karen to fall back on screaming about Gizelle's hot box or calling Giz a broken whore. Can you see that? Nope. Wouldn't happen. What can you tell a nearly sixty year old woman?

Mia, Wendy, and Ashley -- all of whom are within Candiace's age range -- won't be counseled either. Why? I think its because they're seen as adult women. For good or bad.

They treat Candiace like a bratty teenager and many viewers feel the same way. In some homes, unruly teenagers get beaten into submission. Or get put out.

Candiace has been beaten, but she refuses to submit. Since she won't submit, the OGs and many of the viewers want Candiace to be put out.

Edited by eXiled
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace saying "yo momma" is much lower than calling somebody a drug addict, though.

Candiace actually kept the crying to a minimum on this reunion.  Growth.

I don't think a beneficial or productive conversation about colorism can be had within the cast because the cast members who are scoffing at Candiace's claims of colorism are the ones who are benefitting from it.  Those cast members would just say Candiace is unlikeable and that's why she gets the heat more than them.  Both situations can actually be true.

A prime example this season is Candiace vs Mia and Ashley vs. Mia.  Candiace was all sorts of terrible for saying "yo momma" but not a blip when Ashley asked if G had Alzheimers.  Karen didn't cry about it and one if not both of her parents died from Alzheimers ---it was a big reason why she was mad at Gizelle.

Gizelle "wished death" on Ray but we didn't see Karen running to HR claiming to be "scared."  "We're scared" (whether it's Candiace, Wendy or Monique doing the scaring) only seems to happen with the darker skinned cast members, so I don't think "The OGs" would be able to have a productive conversation about colorism because they reap the benefits of it.

Out of all the women on the show Ashley is very good at using her proximity to whiteness as a weapon.  She had no problems calling Wendy ferocious and aggressive and then turning her words around on Wendy.  She and her husband called Candiace a criminal with a rap sheet ,even though Candiace has never been charged with anything.  Karen is another one who lived up to her name.  She wasn't afraid when light skinned 6 foot tall Mia threw half a bowl of lettuce at Candiace,  but she was afraid when 5 foot tall 98 lbs Candiace threw 2 pieces of lettuce. 

Gizelle peaked in college.  She acts like she's still hazing the new pledge into the sorority. You and Wendy may not be friends,  but she could still ask how her daughter was doing out of common decency. I think her plan to use Candiace as a storyline next season will backfire. Because Candiace is already ignoring her on social media and Wendy is already gathering her evidence for next season.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Focus on developing a plan that will get you out of this ridiculous ‘I am in flux’ costume and into a lovely, jewel toned caftan that flows gracefully as you get to getting 🙌

Why you so brilliant? This was so funny to me.

• Love 4

I think it’s very sad that the issues of biracial seem to be disregarded in the face of the darker skinned. I mean, so now biracial lighter skinned folk have got no say in anything either? Are we saying that the plights of the darker skinned are to be prioritized over the lighter skinned? So biracial people should be ashameD of themselves because they don’t put the injustices of darker skinned people above their own discriminatory experiences because the prejudices they face are different from the prejudices of there darker counter parts? I mean, is it really gonna boil down to my hardships are worse than yours so you can’t speak on anything? I get it when OUTSIDERS try to speak on it but at in reality you can’t just snatch the voice away from people based only on a half a shade difference. 
I know that Ashley is on the lighter side obviously but I couldn’t help but focus, at one point, at the neck and shoulders of both CandyAss and Ashley but they don’t look all that different in color. 

Being biracial comes with its own slew of problems so to act like any of these lighter ladies would be free and clear of most racial injustices because they are lighter but CLEARLY POC seems really cold to me. Cause as light as they may be in the wrong situation there is enough evident blackness that will still find them on the wrong side of justice and at the end of the day I think it’s wrong to treat them as if They don’t face that same harsh reality.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I am not denying from a fan or viewer perspective, colorism exists. But I don't think it exist on this show. The fundamental problem, deep down that none of them want to discuss - no one likes Candiace. For whatever reason, Candiace is TOLERATED. Every single "friendship" she thought she was forming has fallen apart and every single one of these ladies at some point prodded her into saying the things she did and they use that as an excuse instead of just admitting the truth. Candiace can compare her transgressions to the others all day everyday and it won't matter - not because her skin is dark. She needs to admit they just don't like her and move on. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I am not denying from a fan or viewer perspective, colorism exists. But I don't think it exist on this show. The fundamental problem, deep down that none of them want to discuss - no one likes Candiace. For whatever reason, Candiace is TOLERATED. Every single "friendship" she thought she was forming has fallen apart and every single one of these ladies at some point prodded her into saying the things she did and they use that as an excuse instead of just admitting the truth. Candiace can compare her transgressions to the others all day everyday and it won't matter - not because her skin is dark. She needs to admit they just don't like her and move on. 

True. 

I think they tried to explain to her what they don’t like and I don’t think it’s unreasonable. 😝They are literally trying to tell her that her approach is a bit off brand for their forum. As lame, corny or whatever it seems at least they are telling her that or at least trying to tell her what the parameters are. Yeah it’s sounds hella condescending but at the same time they aren’t wrong when they say that the other  confrontations and dust ups that occur on the show fall within a certain level of acceptable. Is it still foul? Yeah but what they are trying to explain to her is that,for the show, they do want to try and keep it from reaching 100. I guess how I’m interpreting that is that the message they are trying to get across is that it should be more about the shade and less about trying to introduce smoke and that Candiace doesn’t seem to know the difference between the two. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

True. 

I think they tried to explain to her what they don’t like and I don’t think it’s unreasonable. 😝They are literally trying to tell her that her approach is a bit off brand for their forum. As lame, corny or whatever it seems at least they are telling her that or at least trying to tell her what the parameters are. Yeah it’s sounds hella condescending but at the same time they aren’t wrong when they say that the other  confrontations and dust ups that occur on the show fall within a certain level of acceptable. Is it still foul? Yeah but what they are trying to explain to her is that,for the show, they do want to try and keep it from reaching 100. I guess how I’m interpreting that is that the message they are trying to get across is that it should be more about the shade and less about trying to introduce smoke and that Candiace doesn’t seem to know the difference between the two. 

And Mia had been throwing silly shade and putting glitter on the truth and pretty much everyone just dismissed her as a pest except Wendy and Candiace. Especially Candiace who insisted on the "yo momma" narrative and decided that was the hill she would "die" on. For every low blow between Karen and Giselle (and they were bottom of the barrel even by housewives standard) as soon tears and children were mentioned they knew they went too far and apologized. Right wrong or indifferent Candiace just doubles down on the insults. 

Candiace is hurt by the way these women treat her. I believe her tears are real. She was hurt by Monique, she was hurt by Karen, she was hurt by Ashley and now Gizelle has decided to have the butcher cut off a piece for her. Candiace may put up a tough girl act with her words but what they have said about her stings and it shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Candiace doesn't need to admit they don't like her; THEY need to admit they don't like her and move on. Why is it Candiace's responsibility to verbalize Karen, Gizellle and Ashley's real feelings about her and then take action against herself based on how they feel about her? Candiace has no problem saying "I don't like Ashley and I'm not inviting her to any of my events."  And she didn't invite Ashley to any of her events.  She never refused to film with Ashley but she didn't invite Ashley to her home or events.

They could do the same to Candiace: We don't like you, you cause a scene wherever you go, we're tired of it, you're not invited to any of our events and we're not going to any of yours.  If Wendy throws an event or hosts a trip and invites Candiace, then they're all there.  If not, oh well.

Whether they like Candiace or not has nothing to do with if there is colorism on the show; although if they can get rid of Candiace and Wendy from the cast colorism wouldn't be an issue anymore.

3 hours ago, spunky said:

Out of all the women on the show Ashley is very good at using her proximity to whiteness as a weapon.  She had no problems calling Wendy ferocious and aggressive and then turning her words around on Wendy.  She and her husband called Candiace a criminal with a rap sheet ,even though Candiace has never been charged with anything.  Karen is another one who lived up to her name.  She wasn't afraid when light skinned 6 foot tall Mia threw half a bowl of lettuce at Candiace,  but she was afraid when 5 foot tall 98 lbs Candiace threw 2 pieces of lettuce. 

Right, Karen was "so scared" of Candiace and her "go to hell" text that she ran down to HR to get Candiace some mental health (provided only by Candiace leaving the show) but she WASN'T scared of Monique, who required 6 grown men to pull her off of Candiace and she didn't feel the need to call HR for mental health services for Monique. Karen even told the group Monique's rage was "medical" but she didn't feel the need to call BRAVO mental health services for Monique. 

Karen was furthered frightened of Candiace's two pieces of lettuce but not similarly frightened of Mia's bowl of lettuce.

Gizelle is so scared of Candiace too.  Where is the bodyguard, then?  You had bodyguards and security for Monique but none for Candiace? Oh, ok.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 8

My personal opinion and based on my own life experiences I take it upon myself to remove myself from people or situations where I don't feel welcomed. What Candiace does or does not do matters not to me; I am just participating in the conversation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

And Mia had been throwing silly shade and putting glitter on the truth and pretty much everyone just dismissed her as a pest except Wendy and Candiace. Especially Candiace who insisted on the "yo momma" narrative and decided that was the hill she would "die" on. For every low blow between Karen and Giselle (and they were bottom of the barrel even by housewives standard) as soon tears and children were mentioned they knew they went too far and apologized. Right wrong or indifferent Candiace just doubles down on the insults. 

Candiace is hurt by the way these women treat her. I believe her tears are real. She was hurt by Monique, she was hurt by Karen, she was hurt by Ashley and now Gizelle has decided to have the butcher cut off a piece for her. Candiace may put up a tough girl act with her words but what they have said about her stings and it shows.

As much as some of these women bug the fuck outta me it seemed to me that they (the OG’s of Potomac) were trying to give her a road map so that she isn’t always on the negative side of the narrative but Candiance is so caught up in defending herself at all costs that the advice is falling on deaf ears. We will if she finally takes the advice next season. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

As much as some of these women bug the fuck outta me it seemed to me that they (the OG’s of Potomac) were trying to give her a road map so that she isn’t always on the negative side of the narrative but Candiance is so caught up in defending herself at all costs that the advice is falling on deaf ears. We will if she finally takes the advice next season. 

100% agree!

• Love 1