Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Everybody Needs a Dream

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

First time Ava seemed serious.  I think her lax attitude has been bothering Kelli this whole time.  I think if she had responded similarly last time instead of over confident her dancing made making the team a given, she perhaps would not be cut.  I'm not a fan, but she almost made me like her there. Too little to late.

• Love 10

I like how Miss Kitty, guest choreo,  and all the well wishers announced the team.  It seemed a distinct difference from one year when Miss Judy is yelling " XX is still making mistakes, xx dances clunky, so and so did this terrible thing.".. all while watching it on the Jumbotron and then they announced the team!  I loved that announcement!

• Love 7

No snark for this episode.  It really was lovely.  Loved the big screen congrats from all the "teachers" and Charlotte too.  

Could have left the engagement out but heck let them have their moment.  I was young once too.

Hope Ava comes back.  

Loved the comment after the game "my feet really hurt but they (or was it I?) feel good."

• Love 7

So considering Ava was pulled from the field and did not return, and her absence meant there were 36 left...wouldn't every single one of them figure out they made the team before the big jumbotron announcement was made?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
17 minutes ago, eyelash said:

So considering Ava was pulled from the field and did not return, and her absence meant there were 36 left...wouldn't every single one of them figure out they made the team before the big jumbotron announcement was made?

Nerves can make you clueless...

• Love 2

That was some house those three moved in to!  Do we know what any of these TCC do to pay the rent? Somehow this season ended with me knowing their deepest darkest childhood pain -- but I have no idea if they have jobs. 

Seems like an intentionally nice feel good season. It worked. I like this rookie class. They seem to be happy and bonded already. I don't think Ava will try out again. So next year's comeback story will probably be Kya, Kylie, or Melanie? Maybe Ashley?

Only complaint is my yearly complaint - please producers -- tell the cameramen to zoom out and hold focus. Oh and more Evan Miller!

• Love 19

Why didn't she just take her SM down (make it inactive) after the first visit with K&J?  I mean SM is nice but not a necessity for a couple of months..

Did Lisa (the seamstress) make her blouse out of the same material?

DJ EJ ( if he is still around) didn't run the entrance music set list by Judy? Judy didn't think to ask?  I see the point from both sides - it's been 2 years since the entrance, so a handful of DCCs/K&J knew what the standard song should be; new music has come out since then, so the DJ wanted to embellish.

Lexi was the point of the 2nd triangle at the Miller House? I thought 2nd point was Rachel W ? Did I miss something last week - how many points are there ? 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

Klein's financee must have passed the DCC husband test, to be allowed to do the proposal during the episode. Let me check the other page, to see who has the tea about the man, and when is the wedding, as a married DCC is a small , small number of women. At first, years ago, I didn't think K&J allowed it.

I will miss the show, and the weekly postings of this forum. It's been a good time, with good conversation and quality points of view. All things considered, it's been a great season.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I sort of wondered why Alora R was allowed to go tell everyone goodbye and Ava was not?  Seems odd to me.

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Klein's financee must have passed the DCC husband test, to be allowed to do the proposal during the episode.

Thought the same.   He looks awfully young.

• Love 3

Okay, I have something that is bothering me to say.  Do you think Kelli did not like the fact that Melanie S mom has, like me, added lbs. since her DCC glamorous days and is just a regular looking mom now? (For clarity, I was not DCC, just thin and fabulous in my 20s!) Don't get me wrong, I love that they focused on the whole team and just a little on these 2 which I felt was right.... but it was nothing NEAR the coverage of VK and TK.  I could see Kelli being judgmental like that.... I mean the brand and all!

Edited by Mardo2044
clarity
  • Useful 1

DCC and the TV Show have got to figure out a way to continue filming past the selection of the team.

The build up to their first performance at the Miller lite House was far more interesting than half the episodes this season.

Also it's been years since they showed rookies at home. Loved seeing that 2 mins of Klein and the others.

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Okay, I have something that is bothering me to say.  Do you think Kelli did not like the fact that Melanie S mom has, like me, added lbs. since her DCC glamorous days and is just a regular looking mom now? (For clarity, I was not DCC, just thin and fabulous in my 20s!) Don't get me wrong, I love that they focused on the whole team and just a little on these 2 which I felt was right.... but it was nothing NEAR the coverage of VK and TK.  I could see Kelli being judgmental like that.... I mean the brand and all!

Well, Tina Kalina isn't exactly DCC svelte either.  And for that matter, neither is Kelli.

• Love 13

Maybe Ava learned a lesson but I’m not too sure. She still seems too self-involved and immature. 

Gone are the days I guess of the girls struggling to pay rent and get extra classes like Jasmine. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I could see Kelli being judgmental like that.... I mean the brand and all!

I've given K my share of judgmentalness (not really a word), but considering she had gained some weight at one time I don't think she'd do that.  I've never had a problem with my weight.  But had a great time during Covid and gained about 10 pounds.  Loved all the freedom to just do whatever.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

That was some house those three moved in to!  Do we know what any of these TCC do to pay the rent? Somehow this season ended with me knowing their deepest darkest childhood pain -- but I have no idea if they have jobs. 

Seems like an intentionally nice feel good season. It worked. I like this rookie class. They seem to be happy and bonded already. I don't think Ava will try out again. So next year's comeback story will probably be Kya, Kylie, or Melanie? Maybe Ashley?

Only complaint is my yearly complaint - please producers -- tell the cameramen to zoom out and hold focus. Oh and more Evan Miller!

My eyes zoomed in on that couch. Where or where do three young 20somethings get a brand new couch like that? It made me feel their home was staged for them right before they filmed that segment. 

2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Madeline S. and her mom as a legacy were not featured that much in Season 14 either. I chalked it up to Madeline's mom being more reserved and chose not to be on camera until Madeline was truly on the team. The 60th anniversary of DCC was this past weekend - from that, I am guessing ageing and looks do not have much to do with it - most returning alumni haven't maintained their glamourous DCC look - they all look like "regular moms." I noticed Madeline's mom had her almuni jersey on at the meet the team event, so did she dance as well at the anniversary event? All the alumni at the anniversary had on that same jersey with their rookie year as their number.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, hs98 said:

So excited to watch Kleine and Lea for the next few years!

Took a long time, but Gina is growing on me.

I need more Kitty Carter.

No on Lea, no on Kitty

Yes on Gina & Kleine

• Love 2

TK works for DCC, so she's never gotten over being DCC and still wants the glory. Madeline's mom grew up and moved on. DCC is just something she did and is proud of her daughter for wanting it too...there is life beyond DCC...

I mentioned above "nerves make you clueless"...as well, it's mentioned often enough they are going for a squad of 36, but have no problem taking less. That's another reason not to get excited when the number hits 36. Loved the announcement. I want Kitty back on camera.

Kleine's fiancé is adorable...yes, he looks young, but it's not as uncommon in the South to marry young. We'll see how this plays out. 

Lea is now my favorite rookie...the simple change in hair has upped her look...She's not a glamor girl like some of the others, She has that 'girl next door' appeal. And her dancing is spot on. That rental actually looks like an upscale duplex/townhouse, so perhaps half that exterior is theirs. I am a bit curious to know who pays for it. 

Gina has developed excellent leadership skills. She's grown so much since her snotty first season. Lexie looked fabulous leading her side of the double triangle. Kelee reminds me of Robyn, who spent a long time on my favorites list.

Overall a good season. Perhaps next season we can be back in the studio. 

• Love 8

I was surprised Kelli didn't cut more girls and pair down the roster to under 36.  IMO there were at least 3 girls that made it by default, and in any other season would have been cut much earlier.  

It seemed during the previews last week that Kelli had found new evidence of social media faux pas by Ava, but if so she never mentioned anything.  So that leads me to believe they (specifically Judy) have never gotten over the one post where she made a crude gesture for the world to see.  That one post that they had a problem with on Day 1.

If that is true, it stinks to know they kept stringing Ava along.  They should have cut her right then and there.  And who are they to say a girl is too immature.  Based on what?  A few weeks of exposure to her in a highly stressful situation?  Instead of immature, they should just say the girl is not ready for the intense scrutiny that comes with being a DCC.  

Have to say I loved how "mature" Ava took the elimination.  No blubbering and begging.  Kept her chin up and only slightly cracked when she was out of the room.  Good for you, girl.  Don't give them the satisfaction.

• Love 5

To me, it almost felt like Ava was firing herself. They hadn't told her that she was out, they were just going through the issues, and then she asked if she could try again another time. It just felt weird to me. It might have been that they wanted her to work on things, but she knew she was out. And, yes, most people would have completely stopped their postings and worrying about followers. That definitely showed her lack of maturity. Like that other weirdo, who didn't want to disappoint her followers and wrote that bizarre poem (and I will remember her name as soon as I post this!) AH - Vivian!!!!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I was surprised Kelli didn't cut more girls and pair down the roster to under 36.  IMO there were at least 3 girls that made it by default, and in any other season would have been cut much earlier.  

It seemed during the previews last week that Kelli had found new evidence of social media faux pas by Ava, but if so she never mentioned anything.  So that leads me to believe they (specifically Judy) have never gotten over the one post where she made a crude gesture for the world to see.  That one post that they had a problem with on Day 1.

If that is true, it stinks to know they kept stringing Ava along.  They should have cut her right then and there.  And who are they to say a girl is too immature.  Based on what?  A few weeks of exposure to her in a highly stressful situation?  Instead of immature, they should just say the girl is not ready for the intense scrutiny that comes with being a DCC.  

Have to say I loved how "mature" Ava took the elimination.  No blubbering and begging.  Kept her chin up and only slightly cracked when she was out of the room.  Good for you, girl.  Don't give them the satisfaction.

I don’t think they were stringing Ava along at all. We have to remember this show is edited. We see 10 hours of training camp. There’s a lot we don’t see and way too many in these groups assume something didn’t happen just because we didn’t see it. 

Ava’s post interview is exactly why she got cut. She was poised in front of Kelli & Judy but I don’t think anything registered. She definitely had Taylor/Victoria vibes. Cute and clueless. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

This is a little far out there. Remember in 2019 Madeline’s mom came to the first night of training camp and was in the alumni receiving line. I think she’s just more reserved and didn’t stay as close to the squad as Tina. Or maybe they listened to fan feedback and didn’t want to make it about a legacy and her mother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Klein's financee must have passed the DCC husband test, to be allowed to do the proposal during the episode. Let me check the other page, to see who has the tea about the man, and when is the wedding, as a married DCC is a small , small number of women. At first, years ago, I didn't think K&J allowed it.

I will miss the show, and the weekly postings of this forum. It's been a good time, with good conversation and quality points of view. All things considered, it's been a great season.

There have been married DCCs since the beginning of DCC. Judy was a married cheerleader and there have been plenty since. In the south they marry young. Kay Dianna got engaged the day of her college graduation and was engaged the whole summer. 

I think the married DCCs are probably easier to deal with. They have places to live, they’re financially taken care of, and Kelli doesn’t have to worry about them running around acting like Holly. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't think any other DCC had a "televised" proposal, but I think Cassie was the only other girl who got proposed to on the field.  I seem to remember Kelli (or someone "official" with either the DCC or the Cowboys in general) saying they don't let anyone do that (probably because people would want to propose on the field during the game which would cause issues with the game itself among other things) as well as the legalities and other issues if the proposal didn't go as planned or someone was turned down.

10 hours ago, sATL said:

Lexi was the point of the 2nd triangle at the Miller House? I thought 2nd point was Rachel W ? Did I miss something last week - how many points are there ? 

I thought that was interesting too but I was happy about it. The two most senior vets should be the ones leading. 

2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Maybe Ava learned a lesson but I’m not too sure. She still seems too self-involved and immature. 

I don't think Ava's social media seemed much different from any of the others - especially the younger 18 year old ones. This was all discussed on Reddit but a number of people followed the girls social media over the summer and they were locked down on social media for the most part. Every once in a while they posted pics being out with other TCC in Dallas or at home on break. Ava was no different - very little content. The one post they referred to in this episode was "talking about training camp" and it seems like they referenced a July 11 post that quoted a song "maybe she's in Dallas." So it was kind of a tease which is different than what the other girls did. But I do think she's immature, as every 18 year old I know seems to be. 

I think maybe Ava tried out on a whim -- but being a DCC isn't really her dream. Plus her mom traveled from Florida to stay with her the whole time in Dallas - so maybe that caused Kelli to question Ava's maturity/readiness too. Her mom also commented on a MTT instagram post this season saying the whole "is she a nasty girl" story  was hard to watch and made her hurt as a mother. That comment has been deleted.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

My eyes zoomed in on that couch. Where or where do three young 20somethings get a brand new couch like that? It made me feel their home was staged for them right before they filmed that segment. 

Madeline S. and her mom as a legacy were not featured that much in Season 14 either. I chalked it up to Madeline's mom being more reserved and chose not to be on camera until Madeline was truly on the team. The 60th anniversary of DCC was this past weekend - from that, I am guessing ageing and looks do not have much to do with it - most returning alumni haven't maintained their glamourous DCC look - they all look like "regular moms." I noticed Madeline's mom had her almuni jersey on at the meet the team event, so did she dance as well at the anniversary event? All the alumni at the anniversary had on that same jersey with their rookie year as their number.

That’s totally possible that it was staged for them. But as someone who just spent months couch shopping, I saw dozens of ones exactly like the blue velvet one for $300-400 on wayfair- split three ways, that’s pretty affordable. I think it’s also worth noting many (though maybe not all) of the girls come from solidly middle class or wealthy families. I wouldn’t be surprised if their families helped with the initial moving costs or deposits for apartments - I know this was the case for many of my friends right after graduation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, FanOutWest said:

There have been married DCCs since the beginning of DCC. Judy was a married cheerleader and there have been plenty since. In the south they marry young. Kay Dianna got engaged the day of her college graduation and was engaged the whole summer. 

I think the married DCCs are probably easier to deal with. They have places to live, they’re financially taken care of, and Kelli doesn’t have to worry about them running around acting like Holly. 

I meant since K&J have been #1 & #2 - more so on the years of the show, Maybe  I guess the married dcc don't get featured on camera much. I only two that comes quickly to mind is a woman who cheered for the Utah Jazz and had a daughter, and Amy who was the point after Kashara, and her hubby was co-owner of her dance studio, But since I don't follow them on IG, I could have missed a few nuptials while they were an DCC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

No on Lea, no on Kitty

Yes on Gina & Kleine

Too funny because I am the exact opposite: Yes on Lea and Kitty, no on Gina and Kleine. Just goes to show you we all have different likes and dislikes!

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm going to be the downer here bc I didn't like Kleine's boyfriend proposing to her during the Meet the Team event. I feel like that was her moment and hers alone and he inserted himself in it. Let her shine & enjoy all the work she put in to become a DCC why make it about getting engaged? I'm sure i'm the minority here but jeez, it felt like a desperate attempt to hold on to her before she explodes on the scene. It's like getting engaged on your birthday or a holiday, why? There are a million other days to propose pick any other day. Why not the day after the event? It just bugged me A LOT... 

MRS looked awful on the jumbotron, hahahahaha. She can't be pleased at how her facial work looks on the big screen. 

Lea is a dolly doll, I hope she stays a long time. And their rental, wow! Do they work? My first apt was a block from the subway in a sketchy neighborhood! 

I agree with you. I would have wanted the moment to be just two of us and *maybe* family, since they were there for the meet the team event. Go out to dinner, walk in a park, go somewhere a little more private and do a proposal. To have 35 of my new besties , that I didn't know existed 3 months ago, staring trying to see how many carets the ring is, squealing (which I hate when they do that) coming into our moment, running and inserting themselves, hugging after they danced, and covid is still a thing,  no - no and NO.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 16

I also think the proposal was in poor taste. Meet the team is a special thing for all of the girls, and it’s supposed to be about recognizing and celebrating their acheivement - not celebrating someone getting engaged. I don’t think it was appropriate to overshadow that event by proposing at it. To me, that’s like proposing at someone else’s wedding.

I will be shocked if rookies Christina and Amber last more than a season. And I find Lea’s teeth and the snarly facial expressions she makes while dancing very distracting… and not in a good way. 

Rookies that I could see being point eventually are Tori and Kleine. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I also think the proposal was in poor taste. Meet the team is a special thing for all of the girls, and it’s supposed to be about recognizing and celebrating their acheivement - not celebrating someone getting engaged. I don’t think it was appropriate to overshadow that event by proposing at it. To me, that’s like proposing at someone else’s wedding.

I agree 100%

• Love 9
4 hours ago, sATL said:

I meant since K&J have been #1 & #2 - more so on the years of the show, Maybe  I guess the married dcc don't get featured on camera much. I only two that comes quickly to mind is a woman who cheered for the Utah Jazz and had a daughter, and Amy who was the point after Kashara, and her hubby was co-owner of her dance studio, But since I don't follow them on IG, I could have missed a few nuptials while they were an DCC.

They’re definitely not hidden. Jennifer Katherine was married, red headed Courtni (Shea I think), Kalli, Paige, Lexie on the current team has been married a couple years. I don’t follow them either, it’s mentioned on the show.  It’s not a secret! 

• Love 3

I watched the first half, and kind of skimmed the rest of the episode, so I hopefully, I didn't miss anything important. However, I also wasn't a huge fan of the proposal on the field either. Kleine seemed to be touched though, so fine, whatever. I wish them happiness. 

I like this rookie class. There are a few that I think are prime candidates to be cut next year, but they are a strong group overall. 

Ava handled her cut well, but it's hard to believe that she wouldn't have posted something that got her into trouble during the year. I just don't think she "gets" it. 

Marissa really stood out to me during the Meet the Team event. I know opinions are mixed on her, but I think she's a really strong performer. 

I was also surprised by the big house that the girls were living in. It's certainly possible that their parents are helping them with rent, but I would guess that's the case with many of the cheerleaders, and that home was still very different than the typical apartments that we usually see the cheerleaders living in. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

And I find Lea’s teeth and the snarly facial expressions she makes while dancing very distracting… and not in a good way. 

Can we talk about the team picture they flashed at the very end of the show?  You know, the team photo that Kelli & Judy are always shown agonizing over every year, using magnifying loops to zero in on any imperfections?  Imperfections like a hair part showing too much scalp?  I pulled it up online and wonder...how could they have picked this picture of all pictures?  

For starters, Lea did not take a very good picture, IMO.  Neither did Madeline.  Both have very stiff, fake looking smiles, and Lea looks scared to death.  Meghan's eyes were almost closed.  Too much harsh eye makeup made Caroline look scary.  Kelsey needed her hair brushed more.  Marissa...two years in a row bad head shots.  I mean literally...her head looks bad...misshapen.  What gives?  And the #1 questionable photo.......Gina and Lexie.  I stared and stared at them because for some reason they just didn't look right.  Why are they so washed out when all the girls around them have good skin color?  It honestly looks like they are cardboard cutouts, just slipped into place.  They could be folded up and put back in the closet.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'm going to be the downer here bc I didn't like Kleine's boyfriend proposing to her during the Meet the Team event. I feel like that was her moment and hers alone and he inserted himself in it. Let her shine & enjoy all the work she put in to become a DCC why make it about getting engaged? I'm sure i'm the minority here but jeez, it felt like a desperate attempt to hold on to her before she explodes on the scene. It's like getting engaged on your birthday or a holiday, why? There are a million other days to propose pick any other day. Why not the day after the event? It just bugged me A LOT... 

MRS looked awful on the jumbotron, hahahahaha. She can't be pleased at how her facial work looks on the big screen. 

Lea is a dolly doll, I hope she stays a long time. And their rental, wow! Do they work? My first apt was a block from the subway in a sketchy neighborhood! 

No you aren’t alone.  I completely agree. It didn’t just steal from Klein but from all the new DCCs.  Epitome of tacky.

5 hours ago, MamaGee said:

No one is going to mention how frizzy Kelli's hair got out in the elements??? I totally cracked up. No product in the world can stop truly frizzy hair in late summer Texas heat and humidity!

I wasn’t laughing because that’s exactly what my hair would do!!

• Love 8

Oof, I was so uncomfortable when Kleine's boyfriend proposed.  Let her have her moment, dude!  I bet he thought he needed to lock it down now that she's a big time DCC, lol.

I enjoyed this episode overall and it was nice that last year's TCC had a few moments since we hardly got to know them.

I noticed that a lot of the upper vets (Caroline, Madeline Molloy, Gina) have been overdoing fillers in their faces.  Whyyyyy????  Ladies, if you're listening- stop it!  You're beautiful just the way you are!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I really miss the segment (omitted from last year/this year) showing the squad picture being taken.  I hope they don't keep doing the photo shop  picture from now on.

Me too. Especially if they're going to continue to focus more on placing people in certain rows than actually having them all to the same scale. Taylor and Erin look like they don't have legs, because they cut them off at the hip in order to place them in those positions. The girl on the left, second row from the back looks like a giant compared to the other girls in her row. Rachel and Caroline look 7 feet tall. The top of Marissa's head is flat. And while they're touching up the photos, why did they leave Jensen with an inch of black roots and Lea with a lazy eye that's turned completely inward??? I don't get why they couldn't take an actual photo this year, since they were able to dance and practice together. 

• Love 3

I felt this episode reminded me of the “good old days” of MTT…fast paced, all the feels, & had many interesting stories. Ava does seem immature & perhaps has not had to follow rules & then suffer the consequences when those rules are broken.  I appreciate how she handled the cut.  It sounds like if she comes back, it might be several years.

Someone asked about if Lisa made the blue top she wore. I wondered that also but then realized she would not have used that precious:material.  At one of the close ups, it appeared to be a lightweight sweater set.

Edited by cherryblossom
Add more info
  • Love 3

I LOVE that Madeline made the team, but looking for honest opinions here. 

Had all circumstances been the same as in years past and Kelli didn't have 3 vets leave during TC which gave her breathing room to not have to make nearly the amount of cuts she usually does.......do you think Madeline would have made the team?

Like I said, I love Madeline, and she really danced better this year and kind of upped the beauty factor (of course she is a pretty girl) with more vibrant hair color and makeup that accentuated her attractiveness.  But what I still didn't see from her is the "it" factor...the spark and pop on the field.  By nature she appears to be very shy and quiet.  I think she finds it hard to project at 11 like a Gina or Lexie (I can say the same about Rachel, but oh well).  Ignoring any other rookie candidates, do you think she would have been selected under the scrutiny of say a 2012-2020 Kelli & Judy?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I LOVE that Madeline made the team, but looking for honest opinions here. 

Had all circumstances been the same as in years past and Kelli didn't have 3 vets leave during TC which gave her breathing room to not have to make nearly the amount of cuts she usually does.......do you think Madeline would have made the team?

Like I said, I love Madeline, and she really danced better this year and kind of upped the beauty factor (of course she is a pretty girl) with more vibrant hair color and makeup that accentuated her attractiveness.  But what I still didn't see from her is the "it" factor...the spark and pop on the field.  By nature she appears to be very shy and quiet.  I think she finds it hard to project at 11 like a Gina or Lexie (I can say the same about Rachel, but oh well).  Ignoring any other rookie candidates, do you think she would have been selected under the scrutiny of say a 2012-2020 Kelli & Judy?

It's very possible that Madeline might not have made it without the 4 vets who left. I'm glad she did. I just don't get why Kelli sometimes seems so cold to her. 

*It could be that maybe Kelli and Shannon (Madeline's Mom) were only "teammates" and not best friends like she is with Tina Kalina. 

* Maybe Kelli was trying to look like she wasn't playing favorites with Madeline because she's a legacy. I'm sure Kelli took a lot of backlash  the way she favored Victoria because of Tina being her BF.

• Love 7