Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Everybody Needs a Dream

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I LOVE that Madeline made the team, but looking for honest opinions here. 

Had all circumstances been the same as in years past and Kelli didn't have 3 vets leave during TC which gave her breathing room to not have to make nearly the amount of cuts she usually does.......do you think Madeline would have made the team?

Like I said, I love Madeline, and she really danced better this year and kind of upped the beauty factor (of course she is a pretty girl) with more vibrant hair color and makeup that accentuated her attractiveness.  But what I still didn't see from her is the "it" factor...the spark and pop on the field.  By nature she appears to be very shy and quiet.  I think she finds it hard to project at 11 like a Gina or Lexie (I can say the same about Rachel, but oh well).  Ignoring any other rookie candidates, do you think she would have been selected under the scrutiny of say a 2012-2020 Kelli & Judy?

IMO Madeline had no hope of making the team when TK was trying out.  I felt Kelli eliminated perceived threats early and she did not want a prettier blonde legacy in the works.  Then VK got cut anyways.  Madeline is more lyrical and needs to continue to improve on punch but their are consistently couple of blenders every season that make the team that aren't legacy or as pretty.  I think Madeline S is at risk of being a 1 and done unless she continues to work on power and projection over the season.  But I am very happy for her, it seems like this really has been a dream for her!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

Had all circumstances been the same as in years past and Kelli didn't have 3 vets leave during TC which gave her breathing room to not have to make nearly the amount of cuts she usually does.......do you think Madeline would have made the team?

Like I said, I love Madeline, and she really danced better this year and kind of upped the beauty factor (of course she is a pretty girl) with more vibrant hair color and makeup that accentuated her attractiveness.  But what I still didn't see from her is the "it" factor...the spark and pop on the field.  By nature she appears to be very shy and quiet.  I think she finds it hard to project at 11 like a Gina or Lexie (I can say the same about Rachel, but oh well).  Ignoring any other rookie candidates, do you think she would have been selected under the scrutiny of say a 2012-2020 Kelli & Judy?

In my opinion, I didn't see much improvement. Maybe better facials, but no pop. I also thought her hair needed adjusting as it seemed too yellow. But I seriously doubt they would cut a legacy from training camp twice. I don't think she was ever legitimately at risk for getting cut this season.  

When they accepted her into camp it was a sign that meant Kelli was on board already (they didnt accept her in 2020). When Judy said, "she'll need corrections all year" and Kelli's reply was "but can we chalk that up to just needing more confidence?"  -- that was the moment. Her ink had already dried.  Had the 3 vets not left - maybe other vets would have been more at risk (we know they were on the show group  judges cut list - not aired) - or perhaps Rebecca, Amber, Lea, Christina, Jenssen... plenty to choose from to "come back after a year of reflection."

• Love 5

I thought Madeleine S was exceptionally beautiful in the intro to the team video, which will certainly work in her favor if she continues to work hard on power. Beauty means a lot on the DCC, and she has a lot of technical skill that she should be able to convert like Erin did. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, JapMo said:

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It's very possible that Madeline might not have made it without the 4 vets who left. I'm glad she did. I just don't get why Kelli sometimes seems so cold to her. 

*It could be that maybe Kelli and Shannon (Madeline's Mom) were only "teammates" and not best friends like she is with Tina Kalina. 

* Maybe Kelli was trying to look like she wasn't playing favorites with Madeline because she's a legacy. I'm sure Kelli took a lot of backlash  the way she favored Victoria because of Tina being her BF.

5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

IMO Madeline had no hope of making the team when TK was trying out.  I felt Kelli eliminated perceived threats early and she did not want a prettier blonde legacy in the works.  Then VK got cut anyways.  Madeline is more lyrical and needs to continue to improve on punch but their are consistently couple of blenders every season that make the team that aren't legacy or as pretty.  I think Madeline S is at risk of being a 1 and done unless she continues to work on power and projection over the season.  But I am very happy for her, it seems like this really has been a dream for her!

4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

In my opinion, I didn't see much improvement. Maybe better facials, but no pop. I also thought her hair needed adjusting as it seemed too yellow. But I seriously doubt they would cut a legacy from training camp twice. I don't think she was ever legitimately at risk for getting cut this season.  

When they accepted her into camp it was a sign that meant Kelli was on board already (they didnt accept her in 2020). When Judy said, "she'll need corrections all year" and Kelli's reply was "but can we chalk that up to just needing more confidence?"  -- that was the moment. Her ink had already dried.  Had the 3 vets not left - maybe other vets would have been more at risk (we know they were on the show group  judges cut list - not aired) - or perhaps Rebecca, Amber, Lea, Christina, Jenssen... plenty to choose from to "come back after a year of reflection."

If Victoria were still around and going for her third year, I think Madeline wouldn't have stood a chance in Auditions, much less made it to Training Camp, but that all depends on how Kelli felt about Victoria.  At the time Victoria was in Training Camp and angling for her Rookie year, Kelli was making sure that no other legacy would stand a chance.  Dayton was out of luck because Kelli was SO much harder on her then anyone else.  Training Camp is already stressful so to have someone deliberately make it even more so is going to make a person crack.  The next year, Madeline comes along and is even MORE of a direct threat to Victoria in that they're both tall, leggy blondes with similar dance abilities and thus she was booted as soon as they could find (or manufacture) a good enough reason to do so.  Victoria still being on the squad the next year was enough to keep her out of Training Camp altogether so they didn't even need a good reason to make her go all the way through Auditions.  Only when Victoria left did Madeline ever stand a chance.

If she gets stronger through this year and gains in both power pom and confidence, I wonder what Kelli will do when, or if, Victoria decides to come back.  I don't know if Kelli's support for Victoria has waned or if it's still at the same level it was even at the beginning of her 2nd year.  We'll have to see.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Ava is you’re lurking here I hope you find a new dream. They will never, ever bring you back to training camp. 

3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

You really think they've soured on her that much? 

Idk how I feel yet

I think the producers will try to get her back at some point, since she was their main storyline this season and bonus she was incredibly talented and beautiful. I hope she resists their temptations, goes to college, continues to dance, and persues her dreams. I am not sure she would ever have a shot again though if Malena, Taylor (metoo), Megan F., Dayton, Lily are examples, they will use you up for their storyline, then spit you out- stay away a good few years Ava -  find something you are passionate about and people that appreciate your worth. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I think the producers will try to get her back at some point, since she was their main storyline this season and bonus she was incredibly talented and beautiful. I hope she resists their temptations, goes to college, continues to dance, and persues her dreams. I am not sure she would ever have a shot again though if Malena, Taylor (metoo), Megan F., Dayton, Lily are examples, they will use you up for their storyline, then spit you out- stay away a good few years Ava -  find something you are passionate about and people that appreciate your worth. 

I honestly wish they would just up the age requirement. 19 is so young. Barely out of high school. You’re a kid and probably going to act like one. Now you have this permanent stain of nationally televised rejection and scolding. I guess it might not affect everyone the same way, but I know I’d hate for how I acted as a teen to follow me around like that 

I feel bad that they waited until the last possible second to cut her, minutes before the team was announced. Felt nasty 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I honestly wish they would just up the age requirement. 19 is so young. Barely out of high school. You’re a kid and probably going to act like one. Now you have this permanent stain of nationally televised rejection and scolding. I guess it might not affect everyone the same way, but I know I’d hate for how I acted as a teen to follow me around like that 

I feel bad that they waited until the last possible second to cut her, minutes before the team was announced. Felt nasty 

I felt the same way when Kyndall, Taryn, and several other girls were cut the last night of their respective Training Camps when the cuts ranged from mere minutes to hours before the team was announced depending on how long the practice ran that night.  I remember one girl who came back after being cut the last night saying she was mere hours from making the team before she was cut (I think it was Kaimie) but didn't even make Training Camp the next year.  I can see why girls who make it that far say, "You know what?  I don't want to put myself through that again.  It's too hard on me physically and emotionally."  Some girls get told exactly why they didn't make the squad, but, for others, there was pretty much no GOOD reason why they didn't make the squad, just that Kelli had to find a reason to cut to 36.  Despite what Kelli says about 36 being a hard and fast rule, we know they've taken more girls and they've taken fewer girls so it's only a hard and fast rule when Kelli or Charlotte says it is.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 11
On 11/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Tuxcat said:

Totally agree with this. If she wasn't legacy I don't think they would've minded cutting her again. They were pulling for her hard from the very beginning. I do think she's beautiful and hope she improves a lot more over this year.

• Love 3
On 11/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, TB12 said:

I'm going to be the downer here bc I didn't like Kleine's boyfriend proposing to her during the Meet the Team event. I feel like that was her moment and hers alone and he inserted himself in it. Let her shine & enjoy all the work she put in to become a DCC why make it about getting engaged? I'm sure i'm the minority here but jeez, it felt like a desperate attempt to hold on to her before she explodes on the scene. It's like getting engaged on your birthday or a holiday, why? There are a million other days to propose pick any other day. Why not the day after the event? It just bugged me A LOT... 

You're not alone and I came here to say something similar. It seems like a guaranteed "yes".  Ask her when all her emotions are high and all that.  I know he meant well but it rubbed me the wrong way.

• Love 8
On 11/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Ava is you’re lurking here I hope you find a new dream. They will never, ever bring you back to training camp. 

I would say this is a little harsh. I fully believe people can change if they really want to... That said, I do think she shouldn't come back next year. She should mature a whole lot more THEN come back and see if she can make it / represent DCC in a positive way.

• Love 5

This season was boring for me. Too many sob stories and not enough drama. I want Kitty Carter screaming at them, I want the vets departures drama, I want less positivity and more fat shaming from KF. I mean, we all know from past seasons what she's really like.

Also, they should have cut Ava from the beginning after seeing her social media posts. In an earlier season they cut that poor girl on the first or second night because her boyfriend sent them nude pix. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

This season was boring for me. Too many sob stories and not enough drama. I want Kitty Carter screaming at them, I want the vets departures drama, I want less positivity and more fat shaming from KF. I mean, we all know from past seasons what she's really like.

Also, they should have cut Ava from the beginning after seeing her social media posts. In an earlier season they cut that poor girl on the first or second night because her boyfriend sent them nude pix. 

Kelli does things differently with different girls. Carla was cut right away after Kelli saw the pictures. Two other girls, Karissa and Ika  were given warnings on questionable pics.  Brandi was told  to cut her "stripper" nails and then was called in again. Kelli was mad she didn't do it and then finds pics on myspace and cuts her.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli does things differently with different girls. Carla was cut right away after Kelli saw the pictures. Two other girls, Karissa and Ika  were given warnings on questionable pics.  Brandi was told  to cut her "stripper" nails and then was called in again. Kelli was mad she didn't do it and then finds pics on myspace and cuts her.  

I don’t want to ever hear about Brandi’s nails ever again! Has anyone seen Gina or Kristin’s nails lately…they make Brandi’s look understated 😳

• Love 3
On 11/23/2021 at 3:41 PM, DCC93 said:

I would say this is a little harsh. I fully believe people can change if they really want to... That said, I do think she shouldn't come back next year. She should mature a whole lot more THEN come back and see if she can make it / represent DCC in a positive way.

On 11/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, StellaCL said:

On 11/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, vanillagum said:

You really think they've soured on her that much? 

Idk how I feel yet

It's been a while since I've logged in so let me clarify. 

It's not that I think Ava is immature or a bad dancer. IMO, she was a little young (especially if she did post a second time because girl...) but she's very talented. And the DCC would be lucky to have her. But she's not VK and a second chance isn't happening. She's the new #MeToo Taylor. She can come back as many times as she wants but Kelly is done with her. Same story, different girl...hence why I said don't come back. She'll continue to be edited in an embarrassing way and Ava doesn't deserve that. Ava deserves better. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

It's been a while since I've logged in so let me clarify. 

It's not that I think Ava is immature or a bad dancer. IMO, she was a little young (especially if she did post a second time because girl...) but she's very talented. And the DCC would be lucky to have her. But she's not VK and a second chance isn't happening. She's the new #MeToo Taylor. She can come back as many times as she wants but Kelly is done with her. Same story, different girl...hence why I said don't come back. She'll continue to be editing in an embarrassing way and Ava doesn't deserve that. Ava deserves better. 

Omg. You reminding me of Taylor's incident made me cringe heavily. That was BAD... Poor girl lmaooo