Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 8 – Guest co-host Morgan Ortagus, political advisor  and former State Department spokesperson; Emily Ratajkowski (author, “My Body”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 9 – Guest co-host Morgan Ortagus, political advisor  and former State Department spokesperson; The Political View with Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) (author, “Midnight in Washington”); Michael Che (“Saturday Night Live”; “Shame the Devil”)

Wednesday, Nov. 10 – U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy; Keke Palmer (“Southern Belle Insults”)

Thursday, Nov. 11 – Michael C. Hall (“Dexter”)

Friday, Nov. 12 – Surprises are in store when “The View” celebrates Whoopi’s birthday; Whoopi’s favorite things

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Let's take a poll that somehow Emily will insert Robin Thicke into the conversation 🙄🤨

Seeing how she's promoting her book which is partially about Thicke assaulting her why wouldn't she talk about him? I'm guessing the hosts will bring him up themselves.

• Love 9

They put out a list of names at the beginning of the season of guest co-hosts there would be trying out. Tafoya and Ortagus weren't part of that list. Not a big deal or anything, I just thought they were implying a new co-host would be cast over the holidays for when they come back in January. I figured after they got through the initial list they'd eventually have the people they've narrowed it down between to come back a second time around. Guess not.

Two days doesn't seem like a lot to go by, especially since the majority of the women they've had on didn't even interact with the full cast for both of their days (with Joy being off the first day for most of them and Whoopi being off while Cupp was there, I believe). Still, it's better than casting without anything like they did with the last one, I suppose.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Seeing how she's promoting her book which is partially about Thicke assaulting her why wouldn't she talk about him? I'm guessing the hosts will bring him up themselves.

Emily annoys me because she makes feminism about getting boobs out, but at the same time Robin was disgusting to touch her. Has he apologized to her or made a statement? I bet he felt more comfortable assaulting someone who was unknown at the time. Shame on him. 

That said, I’m not shocked. Nice men who respect women don’t make those kinds of videos. 

10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Emily annoys me because she makes feminism about getting boobs out, but at the same time Robin was disgusting to touch her. Has he apologized to her or made a statement? I bet he felt more comfortable assaulting someone who was unknown at the time. Shame on him. 

That said, I’m not shocked. Nice men who respect women don’t make those kinds of videos. 

Robin apologized right after it happened, and supposedly she accepted his apology. Robin addressed the issue when she first brought it up months ago. He admitted he was drunk, made no excuses, and was the reason why he immediately apologized.

What bothers me is that she accepted his apology, so what does she expect NOW by bringing up ancient history? Is she trying to get him "cancelled"? If you accepted his apology, there is no other reason to continue bringing it up in public except to cause harm.

18 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

See above.

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Robin apologized right after it happened, and supposedly she accepted his apology. Robin addressed the issue when she first brought it up months ago. He admitted he was drunk, made no excuses, and was the reason why he immediately apologized.

What bothers me is that she accepted his apology, so what does she expect NOW by bringing up ancient history? Is she trying to get him "cancelled"? If you accepted his apology, there is no other reason to continue bringing it up in public except to cause harm.

See above.

^ Thank you for the information MSTREE. :)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

So I see we won't have a Whoopi-less Friday this week. 

Most likely it will be prerecorded.  Whoopi is the only host who does her favorite things on her birthday I think.   They usually give the audience Whoopi's favorite things right?  Anyone wanna bet Whoopi's daughter will be in the audience Friday?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I hate her already.  And Whoopi didn’t bother to learn her name.

I wonder how the young women on the panel would react to knowing the Golden Girls were in their 50s.  Same age as the new S&tC women. 🤣

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Most likely it will be prerecorded.  Whoopi is the only host who does her favorite things on her birthday I think.   They usually give the audience Whoopi's favorite things right?  Anyone wanna bet Whoopi's daughter will be in the audience Friday?  

How’s her daughter going to get the free gifts if she’s not in the audience?

• LOL 8
On 11/7/2021 at 2:01 AM, MsTree said:

I don't think just because he apologized and she accepted it that she must remain quiet about it. She is the agrieved party and that is her decision. An apology is not a non-disclosure agreement. Plus that guy has proven himself to be a lech. Remember when he was married and someone took a picture of him at the club and the mirror behind reflected him with hand up the girl's ass?  Women need to tell their stories to the discomfort of others. Maybe someday if we keep doing this people won't spend so much time worrying about the offender and spend more time concerned with the victim. Go Emily!

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't think just because he apologized and she accepted it that she must remain quiet about it. She is the agrieved party and that is her decision. An apology is not a non-disclosure agreement. Plus that guy has proven himself to be a lech. Remember when he was married and someone took a picture of him at the club and the mirror behind reflected him with hand up the girl's ass?  Women need to tell their stories to the discomfort of others. Maybe someday if we keep doing this people won't spend so much time worrying about the offender and spend more time concerned with the victim. Go Emily!

I agree.

I found her interesting.  She is telling her story, if he apologized good but that dosen't change how she feels about the incident and how her feeling evolved over years. I liked what she said about defending the video and thinking the set was great because it had so many women,  then realizing how wrong she was. When you're young you see things one way then as you mature you see the same situation completely different. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ortagus was a non-entity. There's still tomorrow though.

Just like i lik'em lol.  Seriously though i think she's jumped to the top of my list and bumped Sippy Cupp down a notch

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It sounds like a physical disorder.  I've got a touch of the Morgan Ortagus.

Or a new drink.  I'm thinking spicy rum, a dash of orange,  a dash of something for heat. Not much tho cz you have the spicy rum. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

In other health-related news, I got the booster this weekend!  Other than a sore arm, I'm fine.

My 8 year old granddaughter got her first jab yesterday and has a slight sore arm but is fine also. 😀

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I agree.

I found her interesting.  She is telling her story, if he apologized good but that dosen't change how she feels about the incident and how her feeling evolved over years. I liked what she said about defending the video and thinking the set was great because it had so many women,  then realizing how wrong she was. When you're young you see things one way then as you mature you see the same situation completely different. 

I agree that an apology doesn't mean she can never talk about it again, but it would have been nice if she had said that he'd apologized. Also, just because there are other women present doesn't mean that they are all nice people who are concerned about your well being. Women can be just as obnoxious and self-involved as men, sad to say.

• Love 4

Whoopi needs to learn how to spell names of hosts and guests, stop using the valley girl voice on important topics and stop speaking so confidently on subjects she admits she doesn't know much about. Even if you agree with Whoopi on 95% of topics how can anyone find this professional? Sunny sara and joy are always reading their homework and letting us know they found it recently. Whoopi just rambles. 

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, Axie said:

Sippy Cupp is still my favorite which is just odd. 

Mine too, but I have always liked her more than a lot of folks here do. She seems nice and reasonable to me. 

The photographer who published nude photos of Emily without her consent is disgusting. I don't care how many times she's posed nude, you just don't do that. It's very violating. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Whoopi needs to learn how to spell names of hosts and guests, stop using the valley girl voice on important topics and stop speaking so confidently on subjects she admits she doesn't know much about.

Sorry, but WG just signed a 4-year deal, so she will continue to use Val-speak, mangle names of hosts and guests and go off on wild tangents.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

I always thought Keke would be a good addition to the show. they haven't had a "young" person on the show since Elisabeth replaced Lisa. After she left the young chair went away, and now there was a permanent RW chair to fill. 

That's an excellent suggestion!  Keke maybe young-ish, but she will relate to all people.  She is truly wise beyond her years. Shes sympathetic, empathetic.  I think shed be a great addition.

• Love 5

Keke Palmer?  She ruined Sara’s last show.

What I mean by this is Sara and Michael had zero chemistry and their attempts to force it were embarrassing. The producers brought Keke in to rescue the show, and it suddenly was all about her, with Sara being shoved to the background.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yea, I dont know if Sara would be happy to see her?  I never watched the show, so maybe Sara got along with Keke?  And I always thought Raven Symone was hired to fill the 'young chair", she was supposed to be 'hip" and knew about the latest trends(plus her crazy hair & clothes), but she never seemed to gel with the panel and she seemed un-informed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, I dont know if Sara would be happy to see her?  I never watched the show, so maybe Sara got along with Keke?  And I always thought Raven Symone was hired to fill the 'young chair", she was supposed to be 'hip" and knew about the latest trends(plus her crazy hair & clothes), but she never seemed to gel with the panel and she seemed un-informed.

Raven will always be Raven Symoron to me.  She was terrible.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Keke and Sara seem to be really fond of each other, and their bond has always struck me as genuine! I wasn't a regular viewer of that show but it was my impression that Keke was an attempt to save the show that was already struggling, and not the thing that ruined it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 11/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

I always thought Keke would be a good addition to the show. 

Oh, please, no.

No no no!

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

In other health-related news, I got the booster this weekend!  Other than a sore arm, I'm fine.

Had my booster Friday. Felt miserable all Saturday. Sunday I was fine.

I wonder what determines whether someone experiences side effects. 🤔 

6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It sounds like a physical disorder.  I've got a touch of the Morgan Ortagus.

It really does!

I also think it sounds like a Disney sea-creature villain.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know people found Morgan a little boring but I think the thing she has a leg up on is she is well informed on global issues and politics which has imo always been this shows struggle when they have to talk on it. Lisa Ling was the last host with any background on that. Morgan was a state department official under Bush, Obama and Trump and has worked in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Certainly more credentialed than know it all McCain.

Another interesting tidbit I discovered is RBG married Morgan and her husband. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I clearly remember Joy liking that Thicke song at one time.  Saying she jogged to it.  
   Today’s show was kind of boring.
Ted Cruz went after big bird and Whoopie wasn’t having it.  

The model promoting her book needs a better tag line (not sure if that’s right term). The commercials kept saying they down side of being beautiful.   That is not very relatable.     

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

What I mean by this is Sara and Michael had zero chemistry and their attempts to force it were embarrassing. The producers brought Keke in to rescue the show, and it suddenly was all about her, with Sara being shoved to the background.

I saw it differently. I don't remember if S had gone on maternity leave yet or was going to go w.i days.  So K would be with Stra lol. I was getting a sense of takeover from her (K). I do think she was hoping Sara would never come back.  Sara came back waaaaaaayy too soon.  She was worried about K too. It was to her detriment though.  She was almost a medical casualty.  Anyway, i like Keke, but stay away from my girl Sara-H

P.S. forgot the other part.  The show itself.  It never found its footing.  Its like they were 1/2 done and just threw it to the hosts, expecting them to known wtf. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The legal note Sunny read was a little uncomfortable to hear especially with Emily sitting right next to her. It was more of a "she is a flat-out liar" than a "she's entitled to her opinion."

I didn't catch that. I thought Sunny looked like she ignored Emily when she got to the table, but maybe I missed her greeting her. Even though Emily isn't my personal favorite, I think any guest they have on should be treated with respect. I liked that Sunny said nice things about Emily's book and that she would have helped her legally. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn't catch that. I thought Sunny looked like she ignored Emily when she got to the table, but maybe I missed her greeting her. Even though Emily isn't my personal favorite, I think any guest they have on should be treated with respect. I liked that Sunny said nice things about Emily's book and that she would have helped her legally. 

Definitely. I didn't mean that The View was calling her a liar. The legal note was in the voice of the people publishing her photos "without permission."

It said something along the lines that Emily knows full well that they have permission to use her photos and that she is purposefully badmouthing the photographer.

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Definitely. I didn't mean that The View was calling her a liar. The legal note was in the voice of the people publishing her photos "without permission."

It said something along the lines that Emily knows full well that they have permission to use her photos and that she is purposefully badmouthing the photographer.

Gotcha! Thank you for clearing that up. A lot of people don't care for the way Sunny reads the legal notes in general, so that's why my mind took it that way. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Maybe someday if we keep doing this people won't spend so much time worrying about the offender and spend more time concerned with the victim.

Well, I don't see her as a victim, in the true sense of the word. The video was supposed to be sexually tantalizing ("you know you want it"), when  Robin cupped her breast for a split second and immediately stopped/apologized. I don't believe he meant to victimize/offend her at all. It was just a stupid mistake...and the reason why Emily initially didn't want to put it in her book.

Edited by MsTree

Aaron Rodgers is a putz. A lie by omission is still a lie. State Farm is keeping him because they fear losing more customers if he’s cut than not. It’s a business decision. Sheesh, the NFL isn’t even going to punish him for lying. (He might be fined for going to a party but not for lying about being vaxxed.)

Listen to Big Bird, children, not Aaron Rodgers.

Ugh, Morgan whatever her name is pulling out the whatsboutism to excuse the appalling behavior of Congressional Reps. Go back to being a bump on the log, Morgan. Better yet, just go.

“The credibility of your question is in doubt.” Ha!

Robin Thicke is a creep. Apology or not. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, I don't see her as a victim, in the true sense of the word. The video was supposed to be sexually tantalizing ("you know you want it"), when  Robin cupped her breast for a split second and immediately stopped/apologized. I don't believe he meant to victimize/offend her at all. It was just a stupid mistake...and the reason why Emily initially didn't want to put it in her book.

She was doing a job. She was assaulted on set. If he did nothing wrong, what was he apologizing for? 

• Love 4