Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Funny hearing them explain the "Shame the Devil!" saying on this show, to tell the truth even if it hurts you, since it's a pretty good description of what Schiff did to Ortagus just five minutes prior. He was exactly right that she was intending her question to act as a smokescreen for Trump, to divert from what still are facts of the Russia scandal because it benefits them to pretend the whole thing was a lie. Kudos to him for having enough spine to point out all the things that are very much still true about Trump's connections to Russia.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, I don't see her as a victim, in the true sense of the word. The video was supposed to be sexually tantalizing ("you know you want it"), when  Robin cupped her breast for a split second and immediately stopped/apologized. I don't believe he meant to victimize/offend her at all. It was just a stupid mistake...and the reason why Emily initially didn't want to put it in her book.

This is an example of intent versus impact. Even if Robin Thicke didn't mean any harm (which IMO is debatable) Emily still felt harm.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, I don't see her as a victim, in the true sense of the word. The video was supposed to be sexually tantalizing ("you know you want it"), when  Robin cupped her breast for a split second and immediately stopped/apologized. I don't believe he meant to victimize/offend her at all. It was just a stupid mistake...and the reason why Emily initially didn't want to put it in her book.

yeah, cupping someone's breast could happen to anyone.......not!  she didn't sign up for that

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ugh, Morgan whatever her name is pulling out the whatsboutism to excuse the appalling behavior of Congressional Reps. Go back to being a bump on the log, Morgan. Better yet, just go.

“The credibility of your question is in doubt.” Ha!

She tried to borrow MM's filet knife.... and failed.   She wasted her interview opportunity trying to score a "gotcha" clip for conservative news outlets.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

The guest co host said Republicans were shot on a baseball field.  Yes they were. But they were not shot by any of their Democratic colleagues.  Apparently she couldn't find a relevant anecdote to prove her both sides are the same argument.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Funny hearing them explain the "Shame the Devil!" saying on this show, to tell the truth even if it hurts you, since it's a pretty good description of what Schiff did to Ortagus just five minutes prior. He was exactly right that she was intending her question to act as a smokescreen for Trump, to divert from what still are facts of the Russia scandal because it benefits them to pretend the whole thing was a lie. Kudos to him for having enough spine to point out all the things that are very much still true about Trump's connections to Russia.

She worked for Pompeo. That should explain everything. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

I agree with Joy - the American flag doesn't belong to just one political group. Remember how many flags were displayed post-9/11? Many people (including my family) put them up and have kept them up ever since. We don't put it up and down based on whoever is currently in power and whether we agree with them.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I agree with Joy - the American flag doesn't belong to just one political group.

No it doesn't but honestly I'm more likely to be weary of someone who is decked out in flag clothing and/or have their vehicle decked out the same way. 

• Love 16

The announcer said that the SNL guy, Michel Che, was going to be on.

Then they showed Morgan Ortagus' picture as the co-host. I hontestly thought that they were referencing the recent SNL skit with Judge Jeanine Pirro.  She looks just like Cecily Strong playing Judge Jeanine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

No it doesn't but honestly I'm more likely to be weary of someone who is decked out in flag clothing and/or have their vehicle decked out the same way. 

I shouldn't (book / cover), but I also draw conclusions about anyone who feels the need to advertise their opinions on their clothes and vehicles. Too much of anything (even an American flag) does seem to be the kind of overstatement that indicates that the person is trying too hard to look unthreatening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So am I. I'm very wary, and that’s sad - it shouldn't have to be that way. I'll leave it there.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

What I love about your posts MSTREE is you don't care if your opinions are popular! I always enjoy reading them for that reason.

I'm personally really grossed out by what Robin did. Emily didn't sign up for that. But one thing that annoys me about a lot of feminists like her is they argue that breasts are like elbows, why can't women go topless, blah, blah, then freak out about incidents like this. Imo you can't have it both ways. So while I think Robin Thicke should have respected all the models on set (losing the term loosely as I find the video disrespectful period), I do find Emily's brand of feminism hypocritical. That is something she actually has said about herself-that her own hypocrisy gives her a headache. So at least she has some self-awareness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

What I love about your posts MSTREE is you don't care if your opinions are popular! I always enjoy reading them for that reason.

I'm personally really grossed out by what Robin did. Emily didn't sign up for that. But one thing that annoys me about a lot of feminists like her is they argue that breasts are like elbows, why can't women go topless, blah, blah, then freak out about incidents like this. Imo you can't have it both ways. So while I think Robin Thicke should have respected all the models on set (losing the term loosely as I find the video disrespectful period), I do find Emily's brand of feminism hypocritical. That is something she actually has said about herself-that her own hypocrisy gives her a headache. So at least she has some self-awareness. 

I don't want anyone touching my elbow unless I say they can! My elbow, my breast , my body! Don't touch it until I invite you to.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't want anyone touching my elbow unless I say they can! My elbow, my breast , my body! Don't touch it until I invite you to.

I do zero unsolicited touching myself, but I don't mind if someone touches my arm or shoulder to get my attention. It isn't an assault to me the way other areas of my body are. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Same. I can definitely understand where Che was coming from with saying--and I believe Sunny herself has said something similar on the show before--that the American flag often makes him uncomfortable. OTT flag displays can't help but remind you of certain things or people when you feel they are hostile towards you. But I agreed with Joy when she said they shouldn't let that color the way they think of the flag because nobody owns it or America more than anyone else, it belongs to all of us.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I do zero unsolicited touching myself, but I don't mind if someone touches my arm or shoulder to get my attention. It isn't an assault to me the way other areas of my body are. 

Let's be real, obviously there is a difference between someone tapping my shoulder and a man grabbing my arm or grunting at me as I walk by. Growing up too many men, grown men thought they could grab my hand or my knee or comment on my looks. Was it assault? Maybe not, but it made me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable.  Because I was a "good" girl I let it slide. Well I'm 48yrs old and I don't care if I offend a man by telling him not to touch me or comment on my looks.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Let's be real, obviously there is a difference between someone tapping my shoulder and a man grabbing my arm or grunting at me as I walk by. Growing up too many men, grown men thought they could grab my hand or my knee or comment on my looks. Was it assault? Maybe not, but it made me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable.  Because I was a "good" girl I let it slide. Well I'm 48yrs old and I don't care if I offend a man by telling him not to touch me or comment on my looks.

Right. I'm woman. Know the feeling. I could go into endless stories of stuff that's happened to me at work and other places. I'm still fairly young and was the only woman at my job among a bunch of men, so you can imagine what I dealt with prior to working remotely. My initial point was about many feminists like Emily denying the difference and getting tits out in the name of feminism. I think it's a woman's right to pose nude if she wants to. I wouldn't do it, but I genuinely believe a lot of women don't mind doing that stuff. I also think their safety on sets should be taken seriously, as well as their consent with images of them that are published. I just wish they'd be honest that there's a difference between different parts of the body and that Blurred Lines is not helping women. I will be forever grateful to all the feminists who fought for education of girls, reproductive rights, voting rights, against genital mutilation, etc. Emily Ratajowski? Not so much, but to each his own. 

• Love 5

Morgan was kind of meh yesterday (didn’t like her but didn’t actively dislike her) but today I officially really don’t like her.  She made me yell at the tv again…something I haven’t really done since Princess left.  Not watching her again!  The whataboutism and her inelegant  attempt to take down Adam Schiff were enough for me.  Still a trump shill as far as I could tell.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

The guest co host said Republicans were shot on a baseball field.  Yes they were. But they were not shot by any of their Democratic colleagues.  Apparently she couldn't find a relevant anecdote to prove her both sides are the same argument.

Exactly! I wish someone had pointed that out.  It WAS NOT a colleague that shot Scaleise.  And, that was the best she could come up with? I didn’t hear a scintilla of evidence,  compared to what Joy read. I wish to God that they would just  abandon the search for a 5th panelist, and go with 4 for 3 days, and Ana for 2.  Obviously, the audience seems to agree, from the reaction when Ana is there.  So far, none of the “guests” have shown me that they deserve to sit in that 5th seat. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, catlover79 said:

So am I. I'm very wary, and that’s sad - it shouldn't have to be that way. I'll leave it there.

I am too, but I know it’s controversial. I’d go into it more but scared of getting OT or breaking board rules. Anyway, I’m glad I’m not alone. 

• Love 2

I gasped out loud when Morgan Co-Host went after Schiff. She wasn't reading the room, and by "room" I mean the viewing audience. Do Morgan, Meghan, etc. NOT GET that we don't want to see gotcha questions, we don't want to see the guests treated rudely, and we don't like someone who thinks they're on Face The Nation instead of a morning chat show?

Yeah, if I never see her again, that's too soon. Again, a D.C. professional showed someone with a little tiny fileting knife how inconsequential she is.

Morgan may have wanted a trophy clip for Fox News, but Adam Schiff got one instead.

As far as the American flag, I put one on my Twitter name for the sole purpose of annoying people who don't think people with my political beliefs are capable of loving and honoring this country. More than one side gets to love the country and display its symbols.

Edited by Gravity Check
  • Love 21
On 11/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

... Morgan was a state department official under Bush, Obama and Trump and has worked in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. ...

She did work for Bush and Obama, but in other departments (USAID and Treasury). She worked at State for Trump. Her accomplishments appear impressive, and we have to assume competence for continuing to be hired for these jobs, across administrations.

But her big moment on The View, trying to bring down Rep. Schiff, was ham-handed and unnecessary. It was exactly what MM did on The View - she talked herself up as being a positive voice for what Republicans stand for, but she used her time to skewer Democrats, just to make political points. It was bait and switch. It seems like Morgan Ortagus would be the same.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

Morgan may have wanted a trophy clip for Fox News, but Adam Schiff got one instead.

He was having none of what she was trying to dish out.  It was enjoyable to watch a guest push back.

2 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

But her big moment on The View, trying to bring down Rep. Schiff, was ham-handed and unnecessary.

She was basically saying Schiff should have known someone was lying to him.  Which is ironic coming from her since she worked for an administration that was proven to be lying multiple times.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I feel the issue with Morgan Ortagus, and Michelle Tafoya are not really auditioning for The View - they are auditioning for Fox News. So they will stick with conservative talking points and gotcha moments. 

That’s probably true.

Michelle Collins was just on with Hoda and Jenna.

About Merrick Garland dragging his feet, Rachel and Lawrence were speculating that he was waiting for a judge to rule on any of the “executive privilege” cases to set a precedent. It happened yesterday so he might start moving forward now. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I feel the issue with Morgan Ortagus, and Michelle Tafoya are not really auditioning for The View - they are auditioning for Fox News. So they will stick with conservative talking points and gotcha moments. 

That describes all of the try-outs other than the Real Housewife. It's sort of a trend for this show to seek out a Foxbot for that seat. It wasn't surprising that Elisabeth and Jedidiah both moved over to FOX after this show, and MM is about to re-join them. Abby was also from there.

• Love 2

Whoopi…the Republicans who crossed the aisle to vote for the infrastructure are getting death threats. That is the topic. Telling people to “call and say thank you” is about as useful as telling the audience to hug a friend and brush your teeth at the end of the show. What??? No substance or allowing an actual conversation to take place.

She tells it how she sees it and how she feels it should be and that’s that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi…the Republicans who crossed the aisle to vote for the infrastructure are getting death threats.

And  some of them aren't running for reelection.  This dangerous hyper partisanship is getting worse.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

The Sexiest Man Alive is all in fun.  This is why we can’t have nice things.

I’m surprised that they didn’t mention the photo spread and how the choice has to be available for the photo spread. There are probably choices that would never agree to sit down for a photo shoot with People magazine. 

3 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I’m surprised that they didn’t mention the photo spread and how the choice has to be available for the photo spread. There are probably choices that would never agree to sit down for a photo shoot with People magazine. 

It also is usually someone who has a project to promote.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

She worked at State for Trump. Her accomplishments appear impressive, and we have to assume competence for continuing to be hired for these jobs, across administrations.

One word explanation:   OMAROSA

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Color me shocked that the View panelists didn't present a complete picture to the story!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

The Sexiest Man Alive is all in fun.  This is why we can’t have nice things.

Did you watch Paul Rudd on Late Night with Stephen Colbert last night? Hilarious! Yes,  The Sexist Man is all in fun. I usually don't even pay attention. Paul Rudd and Stephen Colbert made me pay attention lol. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I think somebody mentioned upthread about Keke Palmer maybe being up for the 5th spot.  She seems nice enough

She does seem nice enough, but Raven-Symone was nice enough too.  The trouble with getting actresses to fill a spot is sometimes actors can be shockingly ignorant on a wide berth of topics.  I'm reminded of Ricky Gervais excoriating the star-studded crowd at the GG's saying "Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg!".

• LOL 1