Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Yeah, I do not care for Keke Palmer enough to watch her co-host any show. I mean, she's not a horrible person or anything, she just seems stuck on herself without being able to contribute much of anything meaningful. I remember she guest co-hosted on this show some years back and talked and talked and talked--but said nothing--then got really angry when somebody else tried to get a word in. No, thank you. She is a good actress and decent singer though, I'll give her that.

• Love 7
On 11/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, RealHousewife said:

What I love about your posts MSTREE is you don't care if your opinions are popular! I always enjoy reading them for that reason.

We can't all be followers 😉

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I was watching some of the Rittenhouse trial on Court TV  yesterday and I'm right there with Joy.  I couldn't look at his stupid face as he cried his crocodile tears, disgusting. 

I get the same. He looked like he was acting. As the mother of a son the same age as that young man, I’m just trying to process why and how someone that age would even think to do what he did. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I get the same. He looked like he was acting. As the mother of a son the same age as that young man, I’m just trying to process why and how someone that age would even think to do what he did. 

He's a dumbass at best. We often hear about how the human brain isn't fully developed until mid-20's as an explanation for why young people do such idiotic things some times. So maybe that contributed somewhat to this stupidity. I don't understand how his mother would have gone along with this. Surely her brain is fully formed.

This is also why people shouldn't take it on themselves to "enforce" the law. If everyone in that crowd with a gun chose to "defend themselves or someone else's property" there could have been many more people dead. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Didn't one of the hosts say his mother said she very proud of him? Wtf? He inserted himself into a situation that he didnt need to be in. He took the lives of 2 young men and this what she is proud of? This whole case is infuriating.  

I feel he will get off. I'm more hopeful for justice in the Ahmaud Arbery case.  

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

He's a dumbass at best. We often hear about how the human brain isn't fully developed until mid-20's as an explanation for why young people do such idiotic things some times. So maybe that contributed somewhat to this stupidity. I don't understand how his mother would have gone along with this. Surely her brain is fully formed.

This is also why people shouldn't take it on themselves to "enforce" the law. If everyone in that crowd with a gun chose to "defend themselves or someone else's property" there could have been many more people dead. 

Right. I find the Rittenhouse footage unclear tbh. Those who defend him say he was protecting himself. I'll try to look for clearer clips, but he should never have been there in the first place. All cop wannabes, keep your butts at home, and that goes for those whose brains are fully formed too. We don't need a bunch of Rittenhouses or Zimmermans running around. It never ends well. If he kept his ass at home, the guys he shot would be alive, and he wouldn't be crying out of fear of losing his freedom. 

1 minute ago, Cozytea said:

Didn't one of the hosts say his mother said she very proud of him? Wtf? He inserted himself into a situation that he didnt need to be in. He took the lives of 2 young men and this what she is proud of? This whole case is infuriating.  

Yeah, there was nothing to be proud of there. She is definitely not mother of the year, is she?

Me too. My heart breaks for the Arbery family. I can't imagine losing a loved one in such a senseless manner. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

As Joy said his mother says she is proud of what he did so that is probably why he thought to do what he did.  Whoopi was right when she asked did his mother say that to the mothers of the two men he killed.  

9 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Same. It's sad and infuriating that this happens so often.

Ana bringing up Tamir Rice's name makes me sad.  A boy 12 yrs old was shot by a police officer for having a toy gun but Kyle Rittenhouse is looked at as a hero by some people for using an illegally obtained gun to kill two people. The world has gone mad.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

As Joy said his mother says she is proud of what he did so that is probably why he thought to do what he did.  Whoopi was right when she asked did his mother say that to the mothers of the two men he killed.  

Same. It's sad and infuriating that this happens so often.

Ana bringing up Tamir Rice's name makes me sad.  A boy 12 yrs old was shot by a police officer for having a toy gun but Kyle Rittenhouse is looked at as a hero by some people for using an illegally obtained gun to kill two people. The world has gone mad.

Yes, Tamir Rice's name still makes me so incredibly sad and pissed off all at the same time. He died within moments of cops arriving on scene,  not a bottle of water to be seen. As Whoopi pointed out.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Im cautiously optimistic.  Is this the one where the jury they selected was all white, except one black person.  I don't know gender.  How can anyone accept that jury.  Sounds like like they are laying the cane with hay stacks in anticipation. yeah you better. 

The mother in question, i can't believe she knew the truth.  I'm sure he gave her an extravagant excuse. Have the gun hidden somehow. Maybe was in pieces so easier to carry. 

5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I sincerely hope his mother didn't say she was proud of him for this. I'm sure as his mother, she's going to see him through the lens of her history with him and how she wants him to be, not in an objective way. He probably wasn't the only person who shouldn't have been there, but he's the one who ended up killing people, and he should have some consequences for it regardless of whether any of those people seemed threatening at the time. 

The Arbery case is just awful. Many, many people have taken the chance to explore a building under construction. I have, my husband has, heck, the woman who does my hair has. Nobody was accused of stealing. As far as that goes, a guy jogging, wearing jogging clothes - where the heck could he hide anything if he did steal it?? Those guys were just looking to show someone how "tough" they were and took their extremely dubious understanding of law into their own hands. Which of us, being chased by strangers in a neighborhood in clear daylight, along with a guy in a truck wouldn't have tried to get away? If those guys were so certain he was up to something they should have called the police. That is what the police are paid for. How stupid do you have to be to not get that? 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Keke has too large a personality for me. I get exhausted within minutes.

yeah same here.  Sara's is probably the only one, and vice versa

7 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Total shit show.  f'n idiot. I could fill a notebook about him.  There was note in there.  Ok g'nite everybody. Maybe next time he can throw me the keys.  And a boat...

8 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I was watching some of the Rittenhouse trial on Court TV  yesterday and I'm right there with Joy.  I couldn't look at his stupid face as he cried his crocodile tears, disgusting. 

Ditto. I’m sure Joy is going to get reamed by the people that actually bought it, but she can handle it. The fact that some people are more heartbroken about that so-called breakdown than the actual victims is revolting.

• Love 12
On 11/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, maggiemae said:

Keke has too large a personality for me. I get exhausted within minutes.

Keke is in a new Old Navy commercial that my Jeopardy channel keeps ramming down my throat every night and yes, she is most definitely exhausting - even in small commercial-sized doses.  I have to keep the remote close now to hit mute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The fact that some people are more heartbroken about that so-called breakdown than the actual victims is revolting.

If only these same people who are so upset about this "kid" and what he is going through would show the same compassion for kids who are on the receiving end of a gun.  But when that happens we hear them scream about why were they there?  What did they do deserve it? I think Kyle Rittenhouse should have to answer those same questions.

Now for some good news. The missing girl Whoopi talked about earlier this week has been found alive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-14-old-jersey-girl-034231032.html

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 7

Thank God they had a banner saying that was Khloe Kardasian.  Otherwise, I wouldn’t have had a clue.  Wow, Whoopie!  That’s a whole lot of freebies!  No wonder your family showed up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The best part may have come at the end when Nicole came out and Whoopie said something like it’s great to meet coworkers and get along with them immediately and they come back and then there’s that one you don’t really click with and they “can just stay out there.”   Not exactly what she said but I think I know 2 people she could have been referring to.

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

I wish they'd had Nicole on for the whole show p.m. instead of just 5 seconds at the end

Totally. Now why does that look weird .  But i still love thatl

Edited by ForumLou
Fixed
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That was a Fun show!  Happy Birthday Whoopi!  Loved the Disco music & what a surprise to see Nicole Wallace come out at the end!  These ladies all seem to like & enjoy each other...

It was a great party, Happy Birthday Whoopi!!

When Nicole came out i thought she was Candace Bure.....this was way better!   Thanks Nicole! 

On 11/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

I always thought Keke would be a good addition to the show.

Keke LOOKED GREAT!   Every time I think she's enjoyable, she EXHAUSTS me!  She's too over-the-top.  A little of her goes a long way, but we're rarely served "a little."

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That was a Fun show!  Happy Birthday Whoopi!  Loved the Disco music & what a surprise to see Nicole Wallace come out at the end!  These ladies all seem to like & enjoy each other...

If you listen to the Behind the View podcast, whoopies interview with Nicole was a real love fest, especially on Nicole’s end.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Haleth said:
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

How much were her "models" paid?

They were paid with swag and cupcakes. 

I think Whoopi is a much tougher negotiator than that.  Surely they're all union members and WILL be paid for appearing on camera.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

If you listen to the Behind the View podcast, whoopies interview with Nicole was a real love fest, especially on Nicole’s end.  

I did...and it was very surprising to me.  I guess I remembered "the vibe" of the show when Nicole was there and it wasn't pretty.

4 hours ago, Axie said:

Thank God they had a banner saying that was Khloe Kardasian.  Otherwise, I wouldn’t have had a clue.

I agree.  She undergoes major changes every 5-6 months.  She needs to wear jewelry or tops showing her name...prominently.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

What a fun show ! I love me some disco! Such a happy experience. 

Love, love Nicole Wallace. 

Happy Birthday Whoopi . I needed this today.

WG's little FU to what's her name was everything!! Lol.

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Axie said:

The best part may have come at the end when Nicole came out and Whoopie said something like it’s great to meet coworkers and get along with them immediately and they come back and then there’s that one you don’t really click with and they “can just stay out there.”   Not exactly what she said but I think I know 2 people she could have been referring to.

The look on Joy’s face when Whoopi said that let me know they were referring to one specific person 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

The look on Joy’s face when Whoopi said that let me know they were referring to one specific person 🤣

I thought it was such a fun show – even with Whoopi pushing the sweaters. The ladies looked like they were having fun and a nice way to end the week. At the end, it dawned on me just how far the show has come back from the toxicity of the last few years. If the one specific person was still there, I think the vibe would still be different.

So I gotta agree with Whoopi that they can stay over there there somewhere. 

• Love 14
On 11/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, mtlchick said:

Part of me wonders if J Lo’s mom is going to keep all that free swag they gave out. 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, mtlchick said:

Part of me wonders if J Lo’s mom is going to keep all that free swag they gave out. 

I'm sure that's why she goes 😉.

I'm not sure why I quoted you twice 😁.

What I mean by Jlo mom going for the free stuff. I remember the story years ago that Brad Pitt's mom really  wanted to go to Oprah's favorite things episode but he couldn't pull the strings,( that surprised me). Even mom's to the rich and famous love free stuff .😁

Eta: I  think it was the  one of the Christmas Favorite episode BP's mom wanted to go to. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 2